PDA

View Full Version : Filter rule

brandon
11-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Ok personally I think it should be allowed to avoid the filter innocently, as my post got removed when it was completely innocent and nothing wrong with it. If I get my post removed for commenting about Danny Shittu, the QPR football player, then it's quite offensive to him. Same principable for if I was talking about DIY and screws.

jackass
11-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah I agree, but it can also mean differant things, so itsl ike a precaution. I also think you should be able to call people 'Idiot' or 'noob' lol. I mean, seriously, how can 'noob' offend anyone? :rolleyes:

Moozo
11-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I goes and cries if someone calls me a noob00rzz!!!1111111

ReviewDude
11-03-2007, 09:20 PM
If you have an issue with the filter, PM ---MAD--- and it can be set to only apply when the word is spelled on its own (and your example of the footballer's name wouldn't be caught). For ones like the DIY product, ask to get it removed - and maybe it will be.

cocaine
11-03-2007, 09:36 PM
same thing with the breed of dogs - shitzus

ReviewDude
11-03-2007, 09:41 PM
This thread'll turn into a load of filter avoidance soon :p Just PM ---MAD--- and get it sorted way faster :)

jackass
11-03-2007, 09:43 PM

Lol, yeah.

Kieeran
11-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, Or cakes :rolleyes:

No Seriously, you have a good point.

samsaBEAR
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
yeh, its aimed at protecting young children who go on here
but the majority of people on here are like 13+

Barkseh2131
12-03-2007, 06:08 PM
If you have an issue with the filter, PM ---MAD--- and it can be set to only apply when the word is spelled on its own (and your example of the footballer's name wouldn't be caught). For ones like the DIY product, ask to get it removed - and maybe it will be.

I'm sure mad would rather have them posted here rather than them all piled up in his inbox.

This is after all "Questions / Comments / Suggestions for Habbox"

brandon
12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
yeh, its aimed at protecting young children who go on here
but the majority of people on here are like 13+
yh but nothing wrong with mentioning screws, aslong as they know that it is the DIY stuff. And with Danny Shittu and Shitzu, they're natural things and one of them is someones surname and there is nothing offensive with that.

Plus, the forum filter usually runs in sync with the habbo filter, well on habbo you can avoid the filter aslong as it is not swearing in the right context.

F32
12-03-2007, 09:06 PM
i think there should be no filter.

i think people should report people who use words in the wrong text.

it gets annoying when you have to avoid the filter to say a word and then get infracted for it or whatnot.

moderators should be enforced to do so.

nvrspk4
13-03-2007, 02:14 AM

Yeah, but when would you actually discuss them except for the sheer pleasure of being able to avoid the filter and not get warned :P Not often.

i think there should be no filter.

i think people should report people who use words in the wrong text.

it gets annoying when you have to avoid the filter to say a word and then get infracted for it or whatnot.

moderators should be enforced to do so.

If there is no filter, the excuse is "I never knew it was a bad word" "It doesn't have to have a rude connotation" etc. etc. By setting filtered words, we basically say, this is unacceptable, don't use it. If it conflicts with spelling out a word, IE: that football player, you shouldn't be infracted. However that practice of avoiding the filter only when necessary should be treated with caution, as you have to use good judgement. Therefore, for those with bad judgement, the filter is in place so they can't weasel their way out of it.

Also, if the forum were a little maturer, especially in terms to reactions to insults, then maybe we could relax things, but 9 times out of 10 if you were to call someone a swearword they'd go into hysterics and swear right back. Hence why its not allowed.

---MAD---
13-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Test:
Screw

Edit: Screw isnt even filtered.

Also, you should be able to say the guys surname or the dog breed now without it being censored :).

Test: Shittu

Mentor
13-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Mods should only remove if it if its rude, if its innacent and avoids the filter, unless the mod is completely stupid they should be able to tell the difference, its why there are mods isntead of bots doing it..

sierk1
16-03-2007, 02:47 PM
We will discuss if we will change the forum rules regarding this issue.

the wombats
16-03-2007, 02:51 PM
there is also the word "****" for words such as cockatiel and "****" for the football team s****horpe. all you gotta do is put the words in like {****) so that the word by itself is still filtered.

---MAD---
16-03-2007, 03:19 PM
there is also the word "****" for words such as cockatiel and "****" for the football team s****horpe. all you gotta do is put the words in like {****) so that the word by itself is still filtered.
Test: ****tail

Ok ill sort that one.

Test 2: cocktail

Done :).

MAD

OMGitsaROSS
16-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Tbh the filter should be scrapped.

We are all mostly over 13 anyway AND we probably all know the swearwords used. Plus, if we can take them irl we can them on a forum :l

---MAD---
16-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Tbh the filter should be scrapped.

We are all mostly over 13 anyway AND we probably all know the swearwords used. Plus, if we can take them irl we can them on a forum :l
Yes, but surely you can replace a swear word with something more appropriate, for example "stupid".

ReviewDude
17-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Hmm, while we're at it the letters ** (b/s) are filtered. I know it's to stop people posting that's a load of **, but it's annoying when saying 'tub/s' or 'cub/s' or something similar.

Moozo
17-03-2007, 05:47 PM

Apart from its spelled shih tzu.

And with regards to mad's comments about replacing swear words etc with 'stupid', you dont have to filter the word with stars. For example if someone put 'that's sh**', just replace the word 'sh**' with 'stupid in the filter instead of '****', and it would come up as 'that's stupid'. Perhaps this wouldnt work in all contexts but for osme words it would work and might be worth considering.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!