PDA

View Full Version : Redditch-Hosting.com HACKED

rnix
12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Well yea Last night it was hacked by the own of the site www.homework-helpers.info or w.e and they deleted all my files [Including forum, dj panels etc] all the stuff i took ages to write up and i have lost £10 i paid for the resseler :@ Could i get this back off Singh, ???

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 11:30 AM
I could supply you with a small reseller package until he does give you back your reseller if you wish.

You should make a backup of your entire home directory everyday to make sure your files will never be lost which is what I do.

Up to you if you want the reseller from me though but only for a short while.

rnix
12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Aww thanks that's nice of you and ok :D Cheers

Who wants to go brick Singh's House :d Joking

I could supply you with a small reseller package until he does give you back your reseller if you wish.

You should make a backup of your entire home directory everyday to make sure your files will never be lost which is what I do.

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Rofl ok, I'll PM you :)

Moh
12-03-2007, 12:02 PM

is there a faster way than ftp rofl

PenguinFluid
12-03-2007, 12:10 PM
this also happened on europehabbo.com and europehabboforum.com , habbozoom and some other sites lol : we almost had europehabbo forum done too

LondonGoons
12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
yeah i realised this yesterday we all talked on msn, 4 of us.

rnix
12-03-2007, 12:18 PM
this also happened on europehabbo.com and europehabboforum.com , habbozoom and some other sites lol : we almost had europehabbo forum done too

I counted resselers on rd and it was 40 so they will have to fork out £400 x] LMAO

LondonGoons
12-03-2007, 12:20 PM
SHAME liololololol.

PenguinFluid
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
400 quid ;o looooooooooooooool

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
That's quite a bit :o

beer
12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
is there a faster way than ftp rofl
yep. cpanel> backups> download a home directory backup. theres also MySQL database backups u can download there :P

Drompo
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
I had a reseller there, will i get it back?

Agnostic Bear
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
My god, maybe if you stopped using crappy free av's and got some decent ones (I know there are a few decent ones, and AVG IS CRAP) you might not get hacked so often and stop opening random files.

If you get hacked it's your own fault.

rnix
12-03-2007, 01:07 PM
My god, maybe if you stopped using crappy free av's and got some decent ones (I know there are a few decent ones, and AVG IS CRAP) you might not get hacked so often and stop opening random files.

If you get hacked it's your own fault.

All im hoping for is my £10 bak :D

Drompo
12-03-2007, 01:10 PM
All i want is my reseller back or the money to buy another

redtom
12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
same thing happend to me ages ago.

RedditchHosting
12-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello, i am one the owner of redditch-hosting and would like to say i am trying to sort the problem out as soon as possible and am VERY sorry that this happen but i was out on sunday when the site was hacked. I am getting the site up NOW and getting everyones sites back to normal i am sorry i have not backups as i re-formeted my pc on sat and was going to do a backup to of the root. I am sort it out wot i know

Thanks

Redditch-Hosting

Colin-Roberts
12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
lol the day i plan on using the reseller :s

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Hello, i am one the owner of redditch-hosting and would like to say i am trying to sort the problem out as soon as possible and am VERY sorry that this happen but i was out on sunday when the site was hacked. I am getting the site up NOW and getting everyones sites back to normal i am sorry i have not backups as i re-formeted my pc on sat and was going to do a backup to of the root. I am sort it out wot i know

Thanks

Redditch-Hosting

Redditch owner.. are you foreign? If not, how old are you? 10? The way you type is.. well.. not proper english.

If you're foreign, why host an english language company?

'I am sort it out wot i know' ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
What the **** does that mean?

rnix
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Redditch owner.. are you foreign? If not, how old are you? 10? The way you type is.. well.. not proper english.

If you're foreign, why host an english language company?

'I am sort it out wot i know' ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
What the **** does that mean?

*Translatorz*

I am sorting it out of what i know of.

I fink :S

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Ah, you should work for him as his translator :P

Hitman
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Thats why I don't buy hosting from kiddies.

rnix
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Ah, you should work for him as his translator :P

£50 a hour xD plus i dont want my resseler i want my £10 Paypal money back tbh

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeh so you should, that company is completely un professional according to most people that get hosted by them.

I used to have a shoutcast reseller from them.. their uptime was absolutely rubbish and so was their techies/support.
In the end I got a VPS which is what I have now (NOT FROM THEM :P)

I really do not reccomend this company!

Sunny.
12-03-2007, 03:53 PM
For your kind information, Were putting all accounts backup, And we have taken security step's, so before you go blabbing on [ which everyone does on this forum] do your homework

EDIT: No im not foriegn I live in the UK.

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Singh, .. not everyone on this forum is a kid. Most people are but how dare you call me a kid?

You are probably only about 13 so shut the hell up. You may act like you're about 16 on a forum but I know you're not that age, you're a young kid.

Don't EVER Call me a kid again.

Drompo
12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks Singh

Sunny.
12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
And I called you A Kid when? And Im 15 Years old, And I tried to sort everything out and im trying now, You make mistakes in life and that's how you learn.

Frog!
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Keep secure singh, and make sure it doesn't happen again :)

I'll shoot you :)

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
And I called you A Kid when? And Im 15 Years old, And I tried to sort everything out and im trying now, You make mistakes in life and that's how you learn.

For your kind information, Were putting all accounts backup, And we have taken security step's, so before you go blabbing on [ which everyone does on this forum] do your homework

EDIT: No im not foriegn I live in the UK.

Right there... that's calling us kids.

Isolde
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Keep secure singh, and make sure it doesn't happen again :)

I'll shoot you :)

Burger anyone ? ^^

LondonGoons
12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Thisnamewilldo

Not really anyone can say 'do your homework'

it don't actually mean your in school or anything it could mean your at college or even work.

Sunny.
12-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Isolde - Urm Ive found out that the hack may be from you, And IM NOT accusing you just wondering.

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Singh, you're 15 and you run a company?

Drompo
12-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Don't Mock the guy, he's doing all he can.

LondonGoons
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Singh let me just correct you, just because you dislike him please do not accuses him, it wasn't him.

Blob
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Most of us are 15 and still at school, you get homework there..

Sunny.
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I would just accuse someone just becuase i dont like them

Isolde
12-03-2007, 04:38 PM
@ Sunny, tbh it werent me. If you had your hosting sorted maybe this wouldn't have happened because yesterday EVERYONE had access to all accounts by the password 'changeme'. This has happened before and i did tell u about it many times but instead you just blocked me or told someone else to do it for you for example, jack.

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
ROFL he probably had the root/reseller password as changeme aswell...

Not a clever idea...

Isolde
12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Correction: he didn't. the password for root wasnt changeme. it's probably a glitch and everyone could enter any account hosted by redditch with the password changeme.

and homeworkhelps.info is the site i had trouble with beforer!

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Hmmm...... strange.

Sunny.
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM
@ Isolde

Okay Sorry for accusing you, obviously i didn't know. And yes im going to sort this all out once and for all.

Isolde
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM
No worries, i didn't think you did anyway.

Hope everything gets sorted out this time.

Swastika
12-03-2007, 04:55 PM
When will it be back so i can get into the reseller Isolde gave me?

Isolde
12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Sooner today or early tomorrow. Not too sure. But please be patient peeps.

Amir
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah.. there's summet gone wrong.

Odd people have been complaining for a few days when using Mozilla.

Then today I had 84 complaints that people couldn't see the site. That's really reassuring Sunny :)

LondonGoons
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
It never happened for a 'few' days it only happened yesterday.

maybe the couple of days before was your problem and 84 lol. you are on a reseller?

Isolde
12-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Amir, go home.

Amir
12-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Wth?

Why me?

I aint on a re-seller, but there has been some issues for days.

So go tell someone else and not me.

ebay
12-03-2007, 06:47 PM
redditch-hosting? how many people have access to their vps? everyone ha got the details! no wonder they get h$cked

all i can say is: serves you right

Blob
12-03-2007, 06:51 PM
ALL HACKED PEOPLE I KNOW OF (UPDATING SOON):

Isolde
Bl3der

ebay
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
no 1 go with redditch, they suck, i am speaking to jehosts ltd and we offer master resellers from £5 a month, 24/7 support

rnix
12-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I was my homepage was changed to Homework helpers my forum had all usernames deleted with a admin called HH And clus there -.- my resseler gone i dont really want it just my money bak but if i cant have my £10 paypal you charged me :@ then il stick with the resseler.

Invent
12-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Rather amusing thing is, the 'clients' cant do anything against redditch-hosting :P

ebay
12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
except make a charge back on their paypal accounts within 180days of purchasing, redditch can't do anything except refund them if the buyer does a charge back or you could try get their account deleted by paypal by openning disputes

jarhead!
12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Rather amusing thing is, the 'clients' cant do anything against redditch-hosting :P
paypal claimes - report bad downtime, server hacked at any populer "hosting" decussion forum.

Invent
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Ive emailed paypal about their claims, they have told me they only support claims about physical items and do not process claims about non-physical items (:

Sunny.
12-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I find it rather amusing that you lot are thinking of what to do, When if you read in the Web Market section were making move's to secure server, stop hack's and basically making it better. As far as I know you learn from mistakes and Ive learnt some stuff which i can take on. Yes Redditch-Hosting has never had a good Reputition but im trying ok. Im not the best host but it life.

jarhead!
12-03-2007, 07:05 PM
I find it rather amusing that you lot are thinking of what to do, When if you read in the Web Market section were making move's to secure server, stop hack's and basically making it better. As far as I know you learn from mistakes and Ive learnt some stuff which i can take on. Yes Redditch-Hosting has never had a good Reputition but im trying ok. Im not the best host but it life.
https:// doesn't make it secure oh SURE it makes it secure for credit cards, but nothink else, its a waste of time https only if your going to be taking cards, but kids of your age won't be..

LondonGoons
12-03-2007, 07:12 PM
'kids of your age' loll nick your only a year older :D

jarhead!
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
'kids of your age' loll nick your only a year older :D
i dont really care

Frog!
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks to this mine & Drompo's 'site' will probably never take off.

Ty...

jarhead!
12-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks to this mine & Drompo's 'site' will probably never take off.

Ty...
Buy from a better host..

ThisNameWillDo!
12-03-2007, 07:53 PM
https:// doesn't make it secure oh SURE it makes it secure for credit cards, but nothink else, its a waste of time https only if your going to be taking cards, but kids of your age won't be..

This is true... he doesn't take credit cards as far as I know, only paypal and Habbo. There is no point in him having the https:// really but at least it's a little more security ;)

Cixso
12-03-2007, 07:55 PM
you dont relise, youve permanitly marked r-h.

bad rep?

hosts that was stupid enough to give everybody root, you need to admit it, you knew this was coming

jarhead!
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
you dont relise, youve permanitly marked r-h.

bad rep?

hosts that was stupid enough to give everybody root, you need to admit it, you knew this was coming
AGRRRED! anybody giving out this so called "advanced resellers" are in dangerd of getting there hole server hacked, dus OWN FAULT!

Sunny.
12-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Exactly that's why were sorting this out, It should never have happened and to be honest people like you only discourage people anyway

RSTurbo
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
ill brik his ouse wif ya :D

rnix
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
ill brik his ouse wif ya :D

I will brick his house with you :) = Proper English
ill brik his ouse wif ya = Get a life launage.

Tbh

Cixso
12-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Exactly that's why were sorting this out, It should never have happened and to be honest people like you only discourage people anyway

my advice: **** the domain, buy a new one. r-h will always be known as the site that was hacked.

its what happends when kids now a days try to own a company that they cant ******* look after. stay in school hopefully you took business studies, learn a phew things first, and once your out of school, THEN set up one, because thanks to your ******* hosts, my account on hxf blad3r got hacked

you have alot to learn about running secure companies, i geuse now most hosts will learn from this, and hopefully youll learn from your mistake, and maybe make a public apology to your clients for your stupid mistakes

learn from nick. now theres an example of well organised hosting company owner.

Sunny.
12-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok, Well You know what Im going to take your advice, Start a new company
New Domain
New Server
New Management Team
And see how it goes.

jarhead!
12-03-2007, 08:11 PM
my advice: **** the domain, buy a new one. r-h will always be known as the site that was hacked.

its what happends when kids now a days try to own a company that they cant ******* look after. stay in school hopefully you took business studies, learn a phew things first, and once your out of school, THEN set up one, because thanks to your ******* hosts, my account on hxf blad3r got hacked

you have alot to learn about running secure companies, i geuse now most hosts will learn from this, and hopefully youll learn from your mistake, and maybe make a public apology to your clients for your stupid mistakes

learn from nick. now theres an example of well organised hosting company owner.
i dont want people to learn from me, becasue sometimes i make mistakes EG if anybody was on the forum on July 2006, i made a mistake with hugotonhosting.

by the way mate, dont just start up a new company saying " yes i'll make it better" when you can't the damage has already been done, people will think that you will be hacked even more..

Cixso
12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
good luck

ALSO, id like to thank luke for retreaving this account

jarhead!
12-03-2007, 08:25 PM
meh, they have sufferd a lot... its there own fault?

Cixso
12-03-2007, 08:27 PM
meh, they have sufferd a lot... its there own fault?

agreed, youd be surprised how things can destroy your hosting and hosting rep

e.g freecpanelhosting, it was down for a long time, but its now back up, and i now harderly get any sign ups :/

Jackboy
13-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Well yea Last night it was hacked by the own of the site www.homework-helpers.info (http://www.homework-helpers.info) or w.e and they deleted all my files [Including forum, dj panels etc] all the stuff i took ages to write up and i have lost £10 i paid for the resseler :@ Could i get this back off Singh, ???

Singh rofl! Im not suprised it got hacked lmao!

If you want to have a secure reseller package, i suggest you look at a professional hosting site..

Mr.OSH
13-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Shows we should always make backups eh. I feel sorry for anyone who lost anything, I know myself the kinda frustration that is. :@ Your company has been damaged but more importantly your personal reputation too. I would never allow my company to have that happen as it would damage reputation so much. Even if you open another host your doomed, if I was you don't let it happen again keep working at it and Hope that some day in the future you may redeem yourself.

Sunny.
13-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Yes, As it says on other thread Im staying and going to try to get it backup also, Im getting backup sorted.

Colin-Roberts
13-03-2007, 05:19 PM
i dont want people to learn from me, becasue sometimes i make mistakes EG if anybody was on the forum on July 2006, i made a mistake with hugotonhosting.

by the way mate, dont just start up a new company saying " yes i'll make it better" when you can't the damage has already been done, people will think that you will be hacked even more..
ye i was around for the hugotonhosting issue nicks hostng used to be horrible (wasnt his fault) but now hes invested into good servers and its fine and thats what i advise you guys do.

73 posts in 2 hours think its possible..

jarhead!
13-03-2007, 05:26 PM
lets face it, there kids? can't control servers?

ebay
13-03-2007, 05:28 PM
yes as every 1 gets the root password. singh u gona refund everybody or leg it lyk last time?

Sunny.
13-03-2007, 05:33 PM
leg it lyk last time, urm ive never ran, And ive put most accounts up, So why dont you just be quiet and go bk to your company w/e it's called twisterhosting or smthing

jarhead!
13-03-2007, 05:36 PM
leg it lyk last time, urm ive never ran, And ive put most accounts up, So why dont you just be quiet and go bk to your company w/e it's called twisterhosting or smthing
atlest ebay doesnt:
get hacked
give out root access
does give back refund
isn't a n00b like you.

Sunny.
13-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Lmao, Nice criticizm there, Thanks. :) Atleast I know what you lot want me to improve on :), Great :D

jarhead!
13-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Lmao, Nice criticizm there, Thanks. :) Atleast I know what you lot want me to improve on :), Great :D
damage has alraedy been done - untrusted already..

Sunny.
13-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Okay, Thanks :D. Learning to take criticizm :P Lol!!

rnix
13-03-2007, 09:05 PM
damage has alraedy been done - untrusted already..

I would actually go back to him!!! i trust him! ;]

jarhead!
13-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I would actually go back to him!!! i trust him! ;]
you probaly would, as you did pay for it?

Josh-H
13-03-2007, 09:23 PM
I have no sympathy for you.

Want a professional decent host?

Then don't go to one run by 10 year olds.

Mr.OSH
13-03-2007, 09:59 PM
yes as every 1 gets the root password. singh u gona refund everybody or leg it lyk last time?

Gives everyone the root password... :o Wa?

jarhead!
14-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Gives everyone the root password... :o Wa?
thats what the term "advanced reseller" means aparently..

ThisNameWillDo!
14-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, pretty silly when they can just buy a plugin for WHM that lets resellers make resellers if they want them to :P

jarhead!
14-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes, pretty silly when they can just buy a plugin for WHM that lets resellers make resellers if they want them to :P
waste of time

Mr.OSH
14-03-2007, 04:32 PM
thats what the term "advanced reseller" means aparently..

I don't think a fish would be that stupid with WHM... doing that your just asking to be hacked... :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!