PDA

View Full Version : RuneScape Signatures.

Royal
12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Since, the changes in Rule 7 some sites like www.runeweb.net (http://www.runeweb.net) said it's best to remove them, I was just wondering is this bannable because I don't want to get in trouble for having a signature of my character, also why put restrictions on a signature? Here's exactly what RuneWeb said

"Due to recent changes in RuneScape (http://www.runescape.com/) rules (Rule #7 to be exact), RuneWeb can not offer the current version of our unique, stylish dynamic signatures.

We cannot and do not recommend or advise users to use the dynamic signature at this time. If you are currently using one, it would be best if you removed it. Please note that anyone that currently has their names in a signature may not be able to change that and doesn't reflect badly on them for whatever reason.

We are currently working on a newer version of the RuneWeb Dynamic Signature"

What are your views on this change?

:Jamie
12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Prob best that this thread goes in the other forum.

I don't see people getting banned for having them in your signature..What harm isit? There just being stupid. I don't see it say you can't have these..IF it does then link me but I don't see it say you can't have these signature.

Sly
12-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Gawd there getting so strict

Royal
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Jamie it is a recent update so I think it should remain where it is.

When they updated it for SS I understood but now I think there going to far what can someone possibly do with a signature?

Bun
12-03-2007, 08:29 PM
It must not automatically make repeated page/content requests from our website or otherwise make excessively bandwidth intensive requests from our servers (each page/content request should only be in direct response to a user request each time).
I'm guessing it's to do with that? ;o

The Professor
12-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Its all money. Costs them for bandwidth, people who use it in this way are called bandwidth bandits in the trade ;) Aparently.

whirly22
27-01-2008, 07:15 PM
OMG!!!11

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!