PDA

View Full Version : What is...

JackBuddy
13-03-2007, 03:39 PM
What's the anchor that people are wielding, and where can I get one?
Thanks.
Sorry to make such a pointless thread.

lew!
13-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I dont think its pointless, its to do with rs eh? -

Mabye its a new quest or something?

Danny,
13-03-2007, 03:49 PM
i assume its from the new quest Great Brain Robbery seeing as thats about pirates

Bun
13-03-2007, 03:52 PM
It's from the new quest and it owns :O.
Only a bit weaker than the whip, just as fast, spec is accurate and gets rid of protection prayers (I think), and only 50k. <-- So i've been told.
Haven't done the quest myself so I can't be too sure.

Ramones
13-03-2007, 03:54 PM
does anyone know the stat bonuses for it? i saw a few lvl 120s 1 iteming with them. Are you sure they're as fast as whips, iv'e seen a few used and they look way slow

lew!
13-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Found this from runescape - latest news

Barrelchest Anchor

Players who've completed The Great Brain Robbery will find that we've made some changes to the Anchor weapon. In particular, we've increased its strength bonus to 87, but its attack speed has been reduced very slightly, as befits such a heavy item.

We have also increased the price, as we felt it was too cheap for such a powerful weapon. To make things fair, everyone will be able to get the anchor repaired one more time at the old price of 50k, but after that it will cost 700k to replace.

Finally, we have changed the way the anchor behaves when you die with it. If the anchor is one of the items you would normally expect to drop when you die, it will disappear and you will instead drop 230k coins. We made this change because the anchor is an item which people use for player-killing; we felt it was worth rewarding the big risks involved in killing a player-killer who was armed with this weapon.

Danny,
13-03-2007, 03:59 PM
does anyone know the stat bonuses for it? i saw a few lvl 120s 1 iteming with them. Are you sure they're as fast as whips, iv'e seen a few used and they look way slow

they arent as fast as whips at all but they have a slightly better str bonus

JackBuddy
13-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow! Thanks guys, looks good.
I shall be investing in one of those!

Mr.Sam
13-03-2007, 04:38 PM
could you just buy loads for 50k and get a friend to kill you and take coins then buy loads more..?
then repeat

Found this from runescape - latest news

Barrelchest Anchor

Players who've completed The Great Brain Robbery will find that we've made some changes to the Anchor weapon. In particular, we've increased its strength bonus to 87, but its attack speed has been reduced very slightly, as befits such a heavy item.

We have also increased the price, as we felt it was too cheap for such a powerful weapon. To make things fair, everyone will be able to get the anchor repaired one more time at the old price of 50k, but after that it will cost 700k to replace.

Finally, we have changed the way the anchor behaves when you die with it. If the anchor is one of the items you would normally expect to drop when you die, it will disappear and you will instead drop 230k coins. We made this change because the anchor is an item which people use for player-killing; we felt it was worth rewarding the big risks involved in killing a player-killer who was armed with this weapon.

DJ-Vimto
13-03-2007, 05:28 PM
could you just buy loads for 50k and get a friend to kill you and take coins then buy loads more..?
then repeat

correct me if im wrong, but i think that only applies to those who have already bought and are using one

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!