PDA

View Full Version : Barrows Tutorial - Do Barrows Efficiently!

:ADIO
15-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Barrow Tutorial

I have done just about every barrow method in the book, and this method gives you the BEST profit. I gaurentee you will make more money this way with barrows than any other way.

In this tutorial I will teach you how to barrow efficiently, maximizing your profit with only a minor increase of danger.

Minimum Requirements:
Skill Requirements
70 Magic
70 Attack
70 Strength
70 Defense
70 Range
50 Prayer

Other Requirements:
Any set of armor (dragon +)
A house with Canifis teleport

To begin, you will need to go wearing this equipment-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Adioz/ItemsNeededWear.jpg

**Bolt racks may be substituted by any arrow
**Verac’s armor may be substituted by your favorite armor
**Always use a ring of life, ring of wealth DOES NOT WORK here

You will also need a inventory like this-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Adioz/ItemsNeededInven.jpg

**Monkfish may be substituted by any fish
**Karil’s armor may be substituted by any range armor

Besides the substitutions, you will want to stick to this inventory setup; this will give you the best chance of not dying in the tomb. Now there are two ways to go to the barrow tombs, depicted below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Adioz/MapToBarrows.jpg

Now simply walk to barrows, stand on one of those giant mounds, and use your spade. There are 6 barrow brothers, 5 that will appear when you click the tomb in the center, and one in the tunnel. Go into the tunnel last, kill the 5 barrow brothers that spawn first, this will make the job A LOT easier. Now here is how you kill the brothers. There are 6 mounds, each containing a barrow brother. The tombs are listed below

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Adioz/BarrowBrotherMap.jpg

Order to kill:
1- Dharok
2- Karil
3- Ahrim
4- Verac
5- Torag
6- Guthan

Now for the brother killing:

Dharok
The first barrow brother you will encounter is dharok, it is VERY important to keep your protect melee prayer on at ALL times, he has a max hit of 56, and you cant eat fast enough to take his next hit, so its better off to not bother risking anything. Use your slayer dart, and protect melee and you will tear through this guy.

Karil
This is hopefully the second brother you will encounter, and again it is very important to keep protect from range on at all times. This brother has a max of 22, and hits EXTREMELY fast. Wield your melee weapon, and tear through this guy!

Ahrim
Ahrim is a pushover mage really, but he occasionally hits hard. If you have any prayer left from Dharok and Karil, it would be wise to use it here. Simply put on your range armor, and again… tear through this guy. If AND ONLY IF you are below 70 range, use melee but it will make this fight about 10x harder.

Verac
Now this guy is annoying, because he hits through prayer, and he hits often. Remember to equip your melee armor and slayer staff again, and SET THE SPELL. If you do this, you should own this guy pretty easily. Remember to check your health constantly and eat if you get below 50 hp.

Torag
Just run from Verac, using the same armor and weapon, and own him. Torag is the easiest of the brothers, and hits low and not often. Do not melee him though, unless you are above 99 attack and wielding Verac’s armor, you will not do much damage.

Guthan
Again, an easy brother, just remember to watch your health, and use slayer dart on him! He can be annoying because he heals himself, and sometimes it takes a while to kill.

Sometime in this process, you will encounter a “random event” that says “You found a tunnel, do you wish to go down?” If you have not killed the 5 other brothers, kill them all and come back here. If you have killed them all, proceed down this tunnel and get ready for the fight of your life.

The Tunnel
The doors in this place are always random, but with practice it will be easy to navigate this maze. First of all you have to locate the treasure room, this is always in the very center, so just search around for it. There is only 1 door that you can open to the treasure room, and you know this is the door because you will find a puzzle. Solve this puzzle, and go to the chest. Open the chest, and check for your prize.

Now the brother will spawn randomly in here, so depending on what the brother is, equip the right armor and fight! Only use your prayer pot on dharok. Once you open the chest, teleport out and start again.

That’s my guide, I hope this helps you get lots of barrows items and makes a ton of money. Good luck on getting all of the sets!!!

All of these pictures were taken / made by me. Please do not repost these pictures as your own, if you want to post this tutorial, I would love you to but please do not take credit for it. If you see this guide without my name on it, please let me know!

Did I forget somthing or say somthing wrong? Do you need further help? Please feel free to pm me with any questions or comments! Try to catch me on runescape also - RS Name - Pure Guinea

Royal
15-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Great guide + rep.

15-03-2007, 02:40 AM
Omg i totally forgot the kill count deal lmao!

And thank you royal ^^

Buzle
15-03-2007, 03:07 AM
Woah
Amazing guide,
+Rep ;o

Porosity
15-03-2007, 03:12 AM
Nice guide, you seem like you did alot of work and thoroughly went through the guide to make sure it was all planned out.

Nice work :).

10/10 + rep

15-03-2007, 03:13 AM
Thank you all

:) :) :)

Cascada
15-03-2007, 07:24 AM
nice one!

Dan
15-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Nice guide, seems abit familiar though cos of this bit below and you dont need to have alot of money to do barrows there are cheaper alternatives rather than spending 20m on full drag which not everyone has

Other Requirements:

crans
15-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Nice guide, might go barrows one day when i've done the quests to get there!

DJ-Vimto
15-03-2007, 01:48 PM
a very nice guide +rep :]

if you think of any additions to put in im sure dan or one of the other mods will add it in for you if you ask nicely ;)

15-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Nice guide, seems abit familiar though cos of this bit below and you dont need to have alot of money to do barrows there are cheaper alternatives rather than spending 20m on full drag which not everyone has

Other Requirements:

Well dragon + is just a suggestion, and that includes torag which is only about 1.8m the last time i checked. I reccomend this because ive tried it with rune, and verac and karil simply tear through the stuff. This is the best way to do barrows, because yes.. you do use a little money beforehand, but you dont waste as much with prayer pots. This is designed for long term runs though, not just 3 runs. I try to do at least 30 a day, so if i use prayer pots:

4 x 30 x 7 = 840k i waste using prayer pots

Saves you a great deal of money, eh?

And which part makes it seem familiar? I did write this up by myself, but if i acciently ripped someones work, i dont wanna take credit for it, ill just revise that section.

Ramones
15-03-2007, 04:08 PM
good guide for people who are doing it long term with money to spend. any tips for soembody doing it for the first time on a low budget? ;)

Seagy
15-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Great guide Saw alot more :)

+REP

raspberrys
15-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Good guide but there is also another route for people who havent done the like through bar way quest to get to barrows, *marks on map*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/tim_york2k/barrowsquick.jpg

[Jay]
15-03-2007, 06:05 PM
nice guide +rep
When i go barrows i just take full blue mystic and fire blast all of them apart from the mage guy who i range with my mage bow i dont bother taking 3 sets of diffrent armour and i can do it preatty easy...

UDunKnow
15-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Great Guide.

15-03-2007, 07:39 PM
good guide for people who are doing it long term with money to spend. any tips for soembody doing it for the first time on a low budget? ;)

My recomendation is to not do barrows, the only way you will efficiently do it is if you have money to spend. Let me suggest this though.

1- collect 3k mort myre fungi (this will take 1-2 days of moderate playing)
2- Sell the 3k mf for 3 mill (they sell for 1k ea)
3- buy torag's armor, and a whip (Dragon scim works well too)

Now you are ready to go barrow using this method in about 2 days. To get mort myre fungi, use your blessed silver sickle near a log, and pick off the mushrooms that spawn there.

Please remember that you will not gain any money from doing barrows 1-2 times, the real money comes from long terms 100+ runs.

Ramones
15-03-2007, 11:09 PM
ok thanks, i guess you're right, it's just tempting when you see some of the rewards people post. but yeah i suppose i'll leave it for a while

deagle
15-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Whats mf? And what good will the shrooms do?

16-03-2007, 12:20 AM
MF is an abbriviation for myre fungi, and the shrooms are again, just another name for myre fungi. Mort Myre Fungi is used in herblore to make super energy pots with the combination of avantoe. This is one of the easiest ways to level, so these 2nd ingrediants sell fast and for a crazy price (1k a fungi!).

Spend a day picking these, you will make 2-3m

Mukatsuku
24-06-2008, 05:54 PM
great guide

Imnotpure
27-06-2008, 04:05 PM
bumped@$??"£$?"£$@@

Baller
27-06-2008, 07:33 PM
nice guide.
why was this not moved.

DJ-Vimto
27-06-2008, 10:20 PM
nice guide.
why was this not moved.

in my opinion, parts of it are wrong.

such as the part concerning the last brother, the remaining brother won't always spawn in the chest room, he can appear at any time as you navigate round the maze.

I've done 100s of trips to barrows, and personally i think slayer dart is not always the most profitable method of doing it.

Mukatsuku
01-07-2008, 04:06 AM
this guide is for medium levels, there is one more profitable way - veracs. The veracs guide will be coming soon.

And if you have some time some day I would like to meet you in runescape for some barrow runs, compare.

And for clarification i didn't say the brothers only spawned in the treasure room, it was just poorly worded, my apologies - but I am not THAT much of an idiot. :)

Rixion
05-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Nice guide.

Imnotpure
06-07-2008, 03:50 AM
would do well in the guide section i should think!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!