PDA

View Full Version : Blocked at school?

splatttt
18-03-2007, 01:49 PM
What kind of stuff are blocked at your school?
Everything gets blocked at my school

hotmail
msn interent page
Myspace
typing in pete wentz
Any type of swear word blocks a whole page
games
we can get on msnthough by using program conpatability wizard hh

We got round the myspace thing though

www.unblocker.biz (http://www.unblocker.biz)

Lol they keep blocking unblockers, but we just keep finding them :]

What do you do in your IT lessons?

Swastika
18-03-2007, 01:52 PM
My school was this thing called "SurfControl" and you can only get on things that the school have manually put in the "safe" list, i think.

&
18-03-2007, 01:54 PM
i have my own proxy; so im ok :]

Jamie!
18-03-2007, 01:55 PM
just the usual..

sex sites
some game sites
msn
myspace/bebo things like that

as soon as someone gets on an 'unsafe' site they block the users account from accessing the internet and then block the site

splatttt
18-03-2007, 01:55 PM
we also have sincronise
where teachers see what your doing and they can controol your computer and put it on the huge interactive board thing
its funny when peoples convos come up
lol

Splashings.
18-03-2007, 01:57 PM
just the usual..

sex sites
some game sites
msn

as soon as someone gets on an 'unsafe' site they block the users account from accessing the internet and then block the site
Yep, what he said

Energizer
18-03-2007, 01:59 PM
we get almost everything blocked.

splatttt
18-03-2007, 02:00 PM
just the usual..

sex sites
some game sites
msn

So you cant use unblockers?

&
18-03-2007, 02:00 PM
:P. RM tutor 3 we have lol..

clarissa !!
18-03-2007, 02:43 PM
we get almost everything blocked.
ye same

im banned from the computer system though for d/ling firefox lolol

Barkseh2131
18-03-2007, 02:44 PM
when i was at school everything was blocked but it was easy to get past the filter you just had to keep refresing.

joshuar
18-03-2007, 02:48 PM
We have the whole RM thing. But they have big security problems. I have just exposed the network using Windows Media Player ;)

Everything is blocked at my school.

benjamin
18-03-2007, 02:49 PM
most things are blocked @my school

i just use www.simonr.net/browseit

OMGitsaROSS
18-03-2007, 02:50 PM
What kind of stuff are blocked at your school?
Everything gets blocked at my school

hotmail
msn interent page
Myspace
typing in pete wentz
Any type of swear word blocks a whole page
games
we can get on msnthough by using program conpatability wizard hh

We got round the myspace thing though

www.unblocker.biz (http://www.unblocker.biz)

Lol they keep blocking unblockers, but we just keep finding them :]

What do you do in your IT lessons?
Mass debate.

xzl.
18-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Most things are blocked at our school.
My I know one of my teacher's pass's and use it sometimes to unblock WMP And listen to music ect.. xD :rolleyes:

Wootzeh
18-03-2007, 02:53 PM
ermmm
Youtube
msn
e-mail sites
dailymotion
myspace
bebo
most game sites
we get this violation thing that if it see's a 'bad' word, it coveres the screen saying violation detected and it needs a password. O.o

Immenseman
18-03-2007, 03:48 PM
it would be easier for me to name the websites that arn't blocked tbh :p

Lubricant
18-03-2007, 03:55 PM
HabboxForum has been blocked at work again for **** lol. Myspace and Bebo used to work but now they're blocked. Ebay is blocked because the company I work at has their own little auction/sell/buy thing on the intranet. Bebo used t o be accessable by only typing the http:// and leaving www. out. www. was banned.

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the Forum filter, thanks :).

mat64
18-03-2007, 05:51 PM
ye same

Haha in my school me and a few friend were first to work out how to do that, Then they blocked it so it doesn't work anymore. Too many people found out and they caught on after someone installed WLM on the school system (:rolleyes:). Didn't last long though we found a new way but not letting people find this one out :8.

rockstar6
18-03-2007, 10:33 PM
we also have sincronise
where teachers see what your doing and they can controol your computer and put it on the huge interactive board thing
lol
lol someone put me on a shock **** site when i was away from computer and teacher dint know what it was and enlarged on white board!

Decapitated!
18-03-2007, 11:01 PM
We have that thing were the teachers can control etc like somone said before but our teachers all right and lets us use myspace.

Caution
18-03-2007, 11:06 PM
like.. everything with a swear word is blocked :l

our it teacher said like.. if we type in "Arsenal", it would be blocked cos it has "****" in it. shows how crap the filter is.

i told someone in my it class a proxy, it got spread round my year and some people got banned.

in IT i go on the intranet and play **** built it games.:rolleyes:

brandon
18-03-2007, 11:08 PM
basically everything other than google.

the wombats
18-03-2007, 11:10 PM
mainly game sites so i download firefox portable and installed it on my memory stick. it can get on any site for me. yay.

Sly
18-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Most things are blocked in my school. So in i.c.t lessons i just do my work :p

Elkaa
18-03-2007, 11:38 PM
RM Tutor 3 is a great piece of software. Being able to block sites from the comfort of your own chair is amazing. It beats having to email the administrators to do it and having to wait weeks for a reply.

The interface is quiet good as well.

One thing I would admit, is that RM Tutor 2 had a much better way of "secretly" monitoring students work - With RM Tutor 3 you have to take control of the machine to be able to see what's going on.

As for sites blocked, basically whatever I decide pupil's shouldn't be on. Most games sites are blocked, Hotmail and Myspace are not, though. (Yes, that includes Habbo!)

Caution
18-03-2007, 11:45 PM
RM Tutor 3 is a great piece of software. Being able to block sites from the comfort of your own chair is amazing. It beats having to email the administrators to do it and having to wait weeks for a reply.

The interface is quiet good as well.

One thing I would admit, is that RM Tutor 2 had a much better way of "secretly" monitoring students work - With RM Tutor 3 you have to take control of the machine to be able to see what's going on.

As for sites blocked, basically whatever I decide pupil's shouldn't be on. Most games sites are blocked, Hotmail and Myspace are not, though. (Yes, that includes Habbo!)
wth. you're an ict teacher..?

Slash
18-03-2007, 11:47 PM
everything apart from google and revisewise or w/e.

Elkaa
19-03-2007, 12:08 AM
wth. you're an ict teacher..?

ICT Assistant.

There are many ways to get around the blockers that are set on School systems, you'll find that most of the ICT Staff and/or System Admin's use them to get onto sites that have been blocked. The easiest way that I have been shown is to translate the webpage into English.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/ -> Translate from Spanish to English and, with almost all websites, you will then be able to view it. (This doesn't work if the site is blocked by RM Tutor, to my knowledge. Images that were originally blocked, will still be blocked)

Kieeran
19-03-2007, 12:10 AM
OUr school has Sanako. Watches uis all time :( ill try tht site tho hopefully not get caught

summer
19-03-2007, 08:04 AM
ye same

lol i got banned for that last year.

if any of these words are in the link then they're automatically blocked:

play
game
xxx
dvd
habbo
runescape

etc

theres loads, me and my mate have a list somewhere.

le harry
19-03-2007, 10:11 AM
We have a blacklist, we can only get on Hotmail, Wikipedia, Google & Other informative sites.

Borat.
19-03-2007, 10:43 AM
we also have sincronise
lol
Thats a complete invasion of privacy. They shouldnt be allowed 2 c ur private convos, especially when they put it up on a big screen. Id report them to the educaion authority me.

ye same

Lol i did that but teachers dont care. Some actually like it too. Once firefox was able to get past each and every block but IT support managed to figure out a way to block that :(.

Oh and nearly everything is blocked at college. MSN, Myspace, bebo etc etc etc. Luckily this aint blocked :P

Shawnstra
19-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Amazingly, my school blocks nothing even ****, we are not allowed to view it of course though :P

Ekalb
19-03-2007, 11:29 AM
We had google images blocked (And lots of other things). But today the block was lifted. Apparantly it was about the 47th page of Richard. Something along those lines. Even though the block was simply avoidable for images on most websites. Usuaully the results just show as images with the red X but as long as you click them and click the image in the google frame you can still see the image. I'd say the Department of education chooses all the blocks and applies them to all the school systems. So there's your ordinary things like.

lol at being banned for downloading firefox
actually funnily enough a few kids were permanently banned from the computer rooms for playing Winterbells: http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm
IT'S ABOUT A GOD DAMN BUNNY RABBIT JUMPING ON SOME BELLS - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN THERE ARE NEEKS PLAYING DIABLO AND EVEN ONE GUY PLAYING A N64 EMULATOR ON HIS FLASH DRIVE. CRAZY WOMAN.

Roboevil
19-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh my God, that bunny game is so cool! My old school blocked everything except wikipedia and BBC, they're idiots.

-Sweex
19-03-2007, 05:53 PM
omg , im lucky mine has not blocked anything that i know of:)

zak-x
19-03-2007, 06:00 PM
In my school nothing was blocked even command promt so i messed up the school computers by using cmd and created so many admin accounts hehe was fun but then got suspended...

After that they block everythin even msn, command promt even paint fgs seriously everything even IE, the teacher from his computer has to open IE from his own admin accountt lool. crazy

Borat.
19-03-2007, 07:27 PM
put firefox on ur mem stick zak :]. www.getfirefox.com

Ramones
19-03-2007, 07:45 PM
most things on google are blocked but can be avoided by typing áéíóú instead of vowels..lol i got banned for installing some random keyloggers soi just use a friends account now

splatttt
19-03-2007, 07:52 PM
I typed in pete wentz
that got blocked on google images
lol

Kaixx
19-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Basically everything apart from Google and educational things. Some educational things are blocked too...

DaveTaylor
19-03-2007, 08:53 PM
nothing as i use a proxy ip when using the schools web so i bypass the RM safe guard

Ekalb
19-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh my God, that bunny game is so cool! My old school blocked everything except wikipedia and BBC, they're idiots.

OMG I JUST GOT THIRTEEN MILL. That's sad :(
CONTAINS WORD CONSIDERED RUDE CLICK AT OWN RISK:
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4544/winterhiscoan8.png

Some of the people at school, like the librarian will not care what the site is if it has SCHOOL or EDUCATION somewhere on it. So really you could just put some website up, as long as the host wasn't blocked and make the url SchoolGamesForAusKids.whatever and maybe put the word school or the Department logo somewhere on the web page and put a game there she wouldn't care.

We have a blacklist, we can only get on Hotmail, Wikipedia, Google & Other informative sites.
Your lucky to get hotmail, probably the only email host we can get onto is the school one and that's just lame and fills up with more spam than your normal inboxes since people only need your full name to send you an email.

beth
20-03-2007, 04:01 PM
myspace
bebo
hi5
sex.

that's it.

uh huh her
20-03-2007, 04:04 PM
i cba listing, just the usual;
myspace
msn etc.
bebo isn't yet... i think it's getting removed cos someone made a hate bebo about this girl in year 11, and people kept going on it in class ahar. the only seriously stupid thing they've blocked is google images. and even on all the foreign google sites it's blocked.

,Jess,
20-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Everything is banned a our school they have people monitoring the computers & if they see you on something that isn't school work it gets blocked and you get banned. Wikipedia is even banned because this guy tried to edit a page on weapons of mass destruction lol

Judge Judy
20-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Everything except for game sites are blocked.

Our school is linked to a system in our county which sends logs to the school to see who is on sites they aint suppose to be.

Nick.
20-03-2007, 08:33 PM
MSN, MSN Messenger (All online ones; meebo, e-buddy, iloveim etc.), anything to do with Pete Wentz, all vBulletin forums, alot of forums, spyware, news, racial, hate speak, warez, spyware...

Jordie
20-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Everything except for game sites are blocked.

Our school is linked to a system in our county which sends logs to the school to see who is on sites they aint suppose to be.

same here, well annoying:@

:Liam
20-03-2007, 11:05 PM
everything except google and educational sites.

plastiKKstars
21-03-2007, 09:29 PM
the normal stuff ;

msn,
games like mousebreaker.com, etc.
bebo,
myspace.

sucks, but i guess it's the law or whatever :/

oh & youtube was blocked not long ago aswell.

Luckyrare
21-03-2007, 09:35 PM
At my school you have to wait 30 seconds if its a new website if no one has ever gone onto that page while its filtered. Ebay isnt filtered yet Uploadz is, annoying.

Dan2nd
21-03-2007, 09:38 PM
yeah like others have said:

Sex sites
Games
Hotmail/MSN
Myspace
Chatrooms etc etc

My mates did find some sex sites that arn't blocked though and sent them around the e-mail system and got themselfs a 3 week internet ban

cocaine
21-03-2007, 09:42 PM
the usual.

Caution
21-03-2007, 09:45 PM
msn, sex sites, bebo, myspace, the usual.

we're able(not allowed) to get on msn in the techy block tho.

Eoin
21-03-2007, 09:56 PM
www.foxyproxy.net (http://www.foxyproxy.net)

If your school has websense it sometimes get bloack, but isnt blocked most of the time.

PaulMacC
21-03-2007, 10:38 PM
MSN
Games
Bebo
HabboxForum
Forums
Habbo
RS
I put an SNES emulator on the pc with Super Mario world so I couldnt get bored.

I just play winterbells aswell.

ITS A RABBIT JUMPING ON SOME BELLS AND ITS FUN :eusa_clap

Have to keep playing music on winterbells is addictings

Why doesnt he die when he falls like over 500 ft

:Jamie
22-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Everythings almost blocked but I just find a good unblocker then it works.

Barkseh2131
22-03-2007, 12:23 AM
The technicians always watch what people are on in our colege and they can take over your screen so it's hard to get away with things.

Charlie
22-03-2007, 02:26 AM
At college, it was game sites, ebay, and probably sex sites. And, if the site had a swear word on it, they blocked it, so you couldn't it.

You could get onto hotmail & googlemail though, and most people used googlemail chat to chat to others and so on, and i've heard that you could access msn some how.

lAdmire
19-04-2007, 12:11 AM
They blocked youtube.com, MySpace, FaceBook, Tagged.

We can still get to MSN because some people e-mail homework to MSN && they can print it off @ school.

Moozo
19-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Recently someone went on **** or something so they filtered everything under the sun, even google, and THEIR OWN SCHOOL WEBSITE ROFLS. Yeah, even if I tried to go on any random website it wouldnt work. Even if no-one had ever heard of it before. Even my own personal website is blocked, and everyone just moans and complains to the teachers about this whole filter lark. Meh, proxy for me ;]

the wombats
19-04-2007, 07:12 AM
lol @ how strict some schools are, i can get on myspace and ****. i can even go on msn. :rolleyes:

louder
19-04-2007, 07:54 AM
well theres a "red zone", a "yellow zone" and a "green zone"

red zone, you can only go on sites that teahcers have listed
yellow, games + myspace is blocked
green, everythings unblocked (except pr0nz etc)

+ i tend to do work in my ict lessons s:
i'm on it in school atm but that's because i'm in tutorial, it's free activity + i'm in yellow zone + there's nout to go on. (i'd proxy but then i'd get moved to red.)

omgDAN!
19-04-2007, 08:03 AM
use my site www.silentshout.info
and at my school loads of stuff is blocked so we just find foreign ones that they haven't blocked yet, or use proxies.

:Jamie
19-04-2007, 08:04 AM
pretty obvious on the stuff that gets blocked..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!