PDA

View Full Version : Runescape and world of warcraft - Addict

I,HELP
19-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Hello you may play wow or rs and ALOT of people that play them games become addicted to them and have you heard about the boy who killed his sefl to be with the WOW ledgends?

Well i am kinda addicted to runescape and to people out there that are and say there not trust me you will know if you are, I will sumtimes play from like 2pm-1am+ on a school day and i had to wake up at 6am.

I NO HOW IT FEELS But think about this, what would you be doing right now if you wasnt on runescape?

I wish i had never played runescape or habbo hotel as they have made me become a addict, i am not a 100% hardcore gamer but i do play and when i play it i dont stop :[

YOU MAY BE LEDGEND IN THE GAME BUT OUTSIDE IT MEANS NUTHINK!!

So if you are like me and play for long please dont as it will most probaly wreck your social life, i have not had that as people that go to my school live far away from me so i cant see them anyway but TO BE ADDICTED IS NOT! SUMTHINK TO BE PROUD OF.

Im VERY VERY VERY sorry if i affended anyone in anyway by saying this and if it has then please feel free to close it.

BUT REMEMBER DONT LIVE THE GAME PLAY THE GAME

Thanks for reading and sorry about the spelling (im not that good)

Axel
19-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Games only wreck your social life if you let them, this thread is like telling us not to play at all or we're doomed.

despute
19-03-2007, 12:34 AM
I play, aint addicted.

Lord_Gig
19-03-2007, 12:38 AM
I play runescape and have a very active social life, If you think that will happen you're obviously talking from experience or ripped the thread from someone elses experience, in either case you need to get out more...

Also you're saying you wish you'd never started playing? Runescape is a game i play when i have nothing else to do and i'm bored, If it wasn't for me playing rune i'd have nothing to do when i get bored. It's a time filler, if you get addicted to it easily then you need more self control not to play it 24/7.

I,HELP
19-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Well im not trying to say that lol what i mean is people shouldnt let these type of games take over there life but they can play its just lots of people become addicted to these games so easly and does anyone know why?

Is it becuase its like u in another world and you cna do/be whatr ever you want?

LIKE I SAID IM VERY SORRY IF I AFFENDED ANYONE

" you think that will happen you're obviously talking from experience or ripped the thread from someone elses experience"

yes i am talking from experience and sorry if i have affended you or any other person in anyway.

(If you want to close the topic for any reason i dont mind)

T0M
19-03-2007, 12:42 AM
I think at some point in the time i played rune i was addicted yea, not ashamed to admit it as i got into loads, but not anymore and not for quite a while =)

The main thing to remember is it is a game and as you said
OUTSIDE IT MEANS NUTHINK!!

Axel
19-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Tbh I am pretty addicted to gaming and the internet, but I'm not too bothered. I only have a few friends who actually live to me, one being a good friend (Kymux on this forum). But he's always on MSN anyway, I can talk to him there. The only time I meet up with people is when I'm going into town, otherwise I can just talk to them over MSN.

I,HELP
19-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Yep the only reason i started this is because i was on youtube and i saw this thing about people addicted to Word Of Warcraft

and did i spell sumthink right lol i think it is but it dont look right.

and im not going to quite but im cutting down i just got a gamecube :]
(never played one b4) its the only nintendo thing i have never had

Thanks for posting aswell and

Sorry if i have affended any people in the message

EDIT: Yep its the same with me about the msn and people not living near me, its the only thing i can think of doing when im bored what is most of the time.

T0M
19-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Tbh I am pretty addicted to gaming and the internet, but I'm not too bothered. I only have a few friends who actually live to me, one being a good friend (Kymux on this forum). But he's always on MSN anyway, I can talk to him there. The only time I meet up with people is when I'm going into town, otherwise I can just talk to them over MSN.

Yea, MSn is a great thing but also a bad thing, great for talking to people and quick etc but people meet up less and go out less because of it :l
Whether people will admit to tht is a different thing =)

Something is spelled Something :P It is also Offended not Affended

I HELP how old are you btw?

Lord_Gig
19-03-2007, 12:47 AM
It's fine, you havn't offended me :)

I'm just saying if you havn't got enough self control to withstand being away from a game for a few hours to go out and have a social life, you need to seek medical help. (This comment wasn't aimed at the thread starter, just the gaming public in general)

Axel
19-03-2007, 12:48 AM
No one will be offended, I just don't think your preachings are going to stop anyone from playing the games they like. Addicted or not, if they enjoy it, just let them do it. Unless it's something bad like killing people, but ya know, Runescape isn't that bad.

T0M
19-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Are you lot Yankies or you got day off school 2moz or something?

I,HELP
19-03-2007, 12:54 AM
thansk for the spelling thing and also i will show you the video that made me start this topid

(there was many but this was one of them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3Ojsykf3s&mode=related&search=

that tells you what im trying to say.

EDIT: i gtg to bed now as i need to be up at 6 and its 1

OmG SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADDICTED

T0M
19-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Lol im off school for 2moz and tues coz my school is doing special open day 2moz so every1 is off and tuesday a 'fun' day so i aint going in :P =)

Cigaret
19-03-2007, 02:05 AM
IMO, This is a good post that everyone should take a good look at. This person is just trying to state, that playing this game can become very addicting. I for one, used to be extremely addicting to RS and Habbo Hotel. I used to be on my computer for a good 10 hours a day playing these games. For a good 5 - 9 months, I had no social life. Yes, I would go outside with my friends maybe once a week, but the other 6 days, it was back to being a pixelated character. I just hope that none of you go through a stage, were you think RS or any other game, whether it being a CP game or a console game, just don't get addicted to it. It's not life.

Viruz
19-03-2007, 09:04 AM
lol, most people dont even realise they are addicted.

I,HELP
19-03-2007, 02:59 PM
lol yep and i hope the link i posted helped

And also form were i have been on the computer i just use slang like nvm etc so that has messed up my spelling.

And i think another reason people get addicted is because of other players when they say "noob" or "we need you"

the noob one makes you play to prove to them you are better

and the we need you one is one that you see loads of WOW as the guilds you need to play over 12 hours a day or sumthink.

Online addic is becoming a illness that people dont know they have and more people are getting it and more people will hurt them selfs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hfK3RQs2g

a good viedo 5 mins long about this.

EDIT: How many people could do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb8NeSw0RAU&mode=related&search=

[Jay]
19-03-2007, 04:53 PM
I play runescape but no that much and if theres a chance for me to go out or do something else i alwyas do it....so i aint really that addicted and like its been said before it only becomes addicting if you let it.

Sly
19-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Lol you get rich on runescape and your poor in real life cause you didnt get a job. you get skills on runescape but u have none in real life cause u wasted your time on it. you get a good look on runescape and u look rubbish in real life cause u got fat making the money for that look lol. Anyway im not addicted i hardly play anymore , i play like once or twice a week.

Youheard
19-03-2007, 06:02 PM
I play Runescape and have an active social life. I also prioritise school work over Runescape aswell. As Jon said, it only dictates your life if you let it.

Test:Tube:Baby
19-03-2007, 07:29 PM
ye i do think it can destroy ur social life
but only if u let it taake over you

Games only wreck your social life if you let them, this thread is like telling us not to play at all or we're doomed.

OMG!!!
WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

Kaixx
19-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I've played both. Got bored of Runescape and stopped playing. WoW is an awesome game, but I haven't played in ages, I just couldn't be bothered with it. I'll go back to it soon.

Runescape was just got too boring for me, but I might end up trying it again, if I could be bothered to go through the first bit of it. (I forgot my account, I think)

Buzle
19-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I play, dont live.

I have a very nice active social life. :]
Im still going to the movies when I have the chance, same with a friends house, ANYTHING that will get me off the computer.

The computer is just a "pass-time", just until I find something better to do. :)

T0M
19-03-2007, 11:17 PM
I play, dont live.

I have a very nice active social life. :]
Im still going to the movies when I have the chance, same with a friends house, ANYTHING that will get me off the computer.

The computer is just a "pass-time", just until I find something better to do. :)

Same for me tbh 'cept its iceskating/bowling aswell =)

I,HELP
20-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Well i have no quit runescape due to getting ps3 and gamecube (gettin gps3 on friday)

So i will play them and play runescape only a little or i might just never ever go on it agen.

Danny,
20-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Well i have no quit runescape due to getting ps3 and gamecube (gettin gps3 on friday)

So i will play them and play runescape only a little or i might just never ever go on it agen.

well i play rs alot but i dont consider myself addicted, mainly due to injury that i cant go out so this just passes the time while everyone else it outside -.-
Off topic but your say you might not play rs anymore yet you made like 10 lvl 80+ goals like yesterday?

Jeff.
20-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Same for me tbh 'cept its iceskating/bowling aswell =)

im going ice-skating on saturday:P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!