PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Fanboys May Cry

Bear-Max
22-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Aside from proprietary titles, console exclusives seem to be becoming evermore elusive. First we had the announcement that Resident Evil 5 would be coming to both the 360 and PS3. Then the shock announcement at E3 that the once-timed exclusive GTA series will be coming to both consoles simultaneously in October. Some titles, such as Saint's Row and Full Auto, have lost their Xbox 360-exclusive tag and jumped ship to also appear on Sony's flagship console.

News from the past two days may be even more telling of what is to come.

In a shock announcement Capcom have declared that not only will Devil May Cry 4 be coming to the PS3 and PC at the same time (DMC3: Special Edition on the PC only recently hit UK shelves) it will also be launching on the 360. This is the first time a Devil May Cry game has been on a Microsoft console, and is likely a result of Capcom's growing affection for the 360 after the critically well-received and commercially-successful titles Dead Rising and Lost Planet.

Further to annoy the hardcore Sony zealots is even bigger news: there is a distinct possibility that Final Fantasy XIII may be about to go multi-format. Sony recently announced that the exclusivity of FFXII was "in discussion". The explanation was that costs of production in the latest gen have soared, and that Square Enix may be looking for extra routes of income, which would mean the next Final Fantasy installment hitting both the PS3 and 360.

Are third party console exclusives a thing of the past? Well it seems unless you've got pockets as deeps as Microsoft's, that may just be the case.

mangle
22-03-2007, 08:48 PM
LOL

Sony have waited around to long imo. They apprently aren't lowering the price any time soon either which will slow sales down :|

cocaine
22-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I doubt people are prepared to pay £420+ just for a console.

mangle
22-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Exactly!!!

alex 1889
22-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Aside from proprietary titles, console exclusives seem to be becoming evermore elusive. First we had the announcement that Resident Evil 5 would be coming to both the 360 and PS3. Then the shock announcement at E3 that the once-timed exclusive GTA series will be coming to both consoles simultaneously in October. Some titles, such as Saint's Row and Full Auto, have lost their Xbox 360-exclusive tag and jumped ship to also appear on Sony's flagship console.

News from the past two days may be even more telling of what is to come.

In a shock announcement Capcom have declared that not only will Devil May Cry 4 be coming to the PS3 and PC at the same time (DMC3: Special Edition on the PC only recently hit UK shelves) it will also be launching on the 360. This is the first time a Devil May Cry game has been on a Microsoft console, and is likely a result of Capcom's growing affection for the 360 after the critically well-received and commercially-successful titles Dead Rising and Lost Planet.

Further to annoy the hardcore Sony zealots is even bigger news: there is a distinct possibility that Final Fantasy XIII may be about to go multi-format. Sony recently announced that the exclusivity of FFXII was "in discussion". The explanation was that costs of production in the latest gen have soared, and that Square Enix may be looking for extra routes of income, which would mean the next Final Fantasy installment hitting both the PS3 and 360.

Are third party console exclusives a thing of the past? Well it seems unless you've got pockets as deeps as Microsoft's, that may just be the case.
dmc4 is not on 360, it was a misstake check the capcom website andif you wrote a report for a company based entirely on rumours you would be fired and this is what you did here

brandon
22-03-2007, 09:09 PM
I doubt people are prepared to pay £420+ just for a console.
you'd be suprised.

Neil
22-03-2007, 09:09 PM
dmc4 is not on 360, it was a misstake check the capcom website andif you wrote a report for a company based entirely on rumours you would be fired and this is what you did here

It is, it was confirmed by Capcom, gamespot.com says about it, DMC4 is coming out on the 360

Devil May Cry 4 exploding onto multiple platforms
Article Date: 20.03.07

The Next Generation of Capcom’s Smash Hit Action Franchise Comes to Next Generation Systems and PC

Capcom today announced that the highly anticipated Devil May Cry® 4, already in development for Sony Computer Entertainment’s PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™), is now also in development for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for PC. Each version of the game will be maximised to take advantage of the systems’ strengths, leading to a breath-taking visual and gameplay experience. Devil May Cry 4 will be released simultaneously for the PS3 and Xbox 360 system.
“Capcom is committed to making its titles available to as wide an audience as possible, and has been building its technology base to meet that goal,” said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. “This announcement means that PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owners worldwide will be able to experience the latest instalment of one of Capcom’s pillar franchises.”
From the producer of the original Devil May Cry® and Resident Evil® 4 comes the next instalment in the hugely successful stylized action series that has so far achieved global sales of nearly seven million units. Devil May Cry 4 immerses gamers in a gothic supernatural world, where a new protagonist clashes with a familiar hero. As the new leading man, Nero, players will unleash incredible attacks and non-stop combos using a unique new gameplay mechanic, his powerful “Devil Bringer” arm.
With the advanced graphical capabilities of the next-gen systems, high definition visuals and intricate detail come to life as players explore new and exotic locales. Dynamic action and undeniable style combine with unprecedented fighting options and a gripping story to produce the incomparable experience that only a Devil May Cry game can deliver.

Oni
22-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I think the sensible thing to do is the wii60 option as you get all the wii exclusive titles which are basically all wii games but you also get as mentioned 360/ps3 games.

Bear-Max
22-03-2007, 10:02 PM
a) My reporting is not for any company.

b) The internet is filled with rumours. If you don't like it, then I suggest you don't use the web.

c) As Neil has showed, it has been confirmed by Capcom.

HairyFish
22-03-2007, 10:09 PM
only ps3 game i want on the xbox is MGS i heard that theres a chance but i doubt it

MattyTheOne
22-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Lol, i'm getting it tomorrow. PS3 that is. Idc if it's £425, it'll last ten years, apparently.

MGs will NEVER go to 360. At least i hope not.

About the DMC thing, The net is full of rumours, and confirmed rumours are still rumours and aren't always true. PS3 pwns. I'm getting it tomorrow.

And Ozzie, its not ALL about the actual games. Like the N64 had better games than Gamecube but people went with the Gamecube. Like *******es. for example, people might not want the Wii as it isn't as advanced as 360, which is trtailing behind PS3 in technology. But not by a lot, just a fair bit.

BLU-RAY FTW! PS3 FTW!

HairyFish
22-03-2007, 10:33 PM
yeh ps3 looks kwl id get 1 if i didnt have a 360 lol

also dmc4 is defently multi platform
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6167678.html

Oni
22-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Lol, i'm getting it tomorrow. PS3 that is. Idc if it's £425, it'll last ten years, apparently.

MGs will NEVER go to 360. At least i hope not.

About the DMC thing, The net is full of rumours, and confirmed rumours are still rumours and aren't always true. PS3 pwns. I'm getting it tomorrow.

And Ozzie, its not ALL about the actual games. Like the N64 had better games than Gamecube but people went with the Gamecube. Like *******es. for example, people might not want the Wii as it isn't as advanced as 360, which is trtailing behind PS3 in technology. But not by a lot, just a fair bit.

BLU-RAY FTW! PS3 FTW!
Thats not what im saying, im saying that the 360 and ps3 get the roughly same games right, people can go wii60 and get both instead of a PS3.

GommeInc
22-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Whatever happened to playing a game because it was fun, not because it had alot of features and tech behind them?

HairyFish
22-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Whatever happened to playing a game because it was fun, not because it had alot of features and tech behind them?

i dont get what ur trying to say??

are you saying the PS3/360/Wii arent fun :s:s:s

GommeInc
22-03-2007, 11:38 PM
The PS3 has aload of tech behind them compared to any other console. Most of which are pointless. Blu-ray isn't needed for playing a game, but it seems Sony want to wow customers by saying good graphics make a game funner. Bluetooth controllers, also pointless. The normal, old, wireless controllers did a good job, why go to pointless bluetooth which I beleive makes it more expensive?! Also, I was hinting that a game doesn't need advanced tech to make a game fun, infact, it kinda puts me off.

I was hinting that what makes a game is what makes it fun, not what makes it look good.

Axel
23-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh no, the 360 gets one of our games, I am so deeply saddended.

Simmzay
23-03-2007, 04:22 AM
It's a shame because I got to play a PS3 lately and I really liked it. Sony's management made such awful mistakes finacially.

ZL2.
23-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Super marioooo init bruv <3

Blinger1
23-03-2007, 09:10 AM
i agree, heaps of aussie's bought the console for 1 thousand dollars..

jrh2002
23-03-2007, 12:25 PM
If you were buying a blu-ray dvd player and a 360 im sure it would be cost more for the 2 so i would just buy a ps3 ;) I am waiting until gta before i buy though because I want to make sure it would be worth it and not rush in and buy one straight away.

HairyFish
23-03-2007, 12:51 PM
The PS3 has aload of tech behind them compared to any other console. Most of which are pointless. Blu-ray isn't needed for playing a game, but it seems Sony want to wow customers by saying good graphics make a game funner. Bluetooth controllers, also pointless. The normal, old, wireless controllers did a good job, why go to pointless bluetooth which I beleive makes it more expensive?! Also, I was hinting that a game doesn't need advanced tech to make a game fun, infact, it kinda puts me off.

I was hinting that what makes a game is what makes it fun, not what makes it look good.

blu-ray isnt just for games tho.. its for high definition films
not that many ppl have HDTVs so it aint that useful right now

Simmzay
23-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Bluray is useless.

F32
23-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Bluray is useless.
Someone with brains.

Neil
23-03-2007, 03:51 PM

Exactly, I play all the old classics still, whatever I can get them on, space invader, gauntlet, no mans land, I don't play games because of how they look I play games because I enjoy them, I love Playstation but the PS3 is just a waste of money, I like the 360 aswell, it's basically a slightly older PS3 with a few different games, the Wii has to be the most amazing next gen console out at the moment because Nintendo are doing things differently, they know people are getting sick of the same old sitting down with a controller all day and came up with the Wii, tbh I would only play the Wii for party games

i dont get what ur trying to say??

are you saying the PS3/360/Wii arent fun :s:s:s

PS3/360/Wii are not fun, you can't really get enjoyment out of the console it self, all the console does it boot the game and give the game something to run off of

Bear-Max
23-03-2007, 03:55 PM
@ Matty, the PS3 will last ten years. It doesn't mean the PS4 won't come out in 5 or 6. When they say it will last for ten years, they mean it'll have continued support, like the PS2 will have continued support for a few years to come.

@ Gomme, you're right: graphics aren't what makes a game fun. However they can help and a game that is fun as well as technically impressive is a lot better than a game that's fun but fugly.

@ Succubus, "one of our games"? I'm sorry has Sony started paying you to kiss their butts? Believe it or not Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo don't care about you personally, they care about profits.

summer
23-03-2007, 04:29 PM
I doubt people are prepared to pay &#163;420+ just for a console.
it's not just a console - it's a blu-ray player to, which alone will cost you £600+

Axel
23-03-2007, 04:34 PM
How is sarcastically saying that I'm sad because the 360 gets a Sony game butt kissing?

Bear-Max
23-03-2007, 04:50 PM
You referred to DMC4 as "one of our games", as if you're part of Sony's family and that they give a damn about consumers. You're not and they don't.

Pyroka
23-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Bets are Metal Gear will come onto X360, as did GTA 3 which was a loved game from the PS2. Just give it time and MGS will come to 360, I can bet you that will happen because PS3 will sell that badly, they wont be earning what they need *chuckles* Face it though, PS3 has all the same capabilities, games and such as the Xbox 360. I may sound harsh saying PS3 copied, but dang they really did take their time for a reason; To analyse everyones ideas and twist them :rolleyes:

GommeInc
23-03-2007, 06:09 PM
blu-ray isnt just for games tho.. its for high definition films
not that many ppl have HDTVs so it aint that useful right now
Blu-ray is great for TVs :D That's about it though...

@BearMax. Yes, but this is the PS3, the new PS2. Playing a playsation, you find the games are boring and repetitive. I would rather have a game that is fun and unordinary, than a game this high in graphics, but low in fun and reptitive.

If there are letters missing in what I say, I apologize. One cut the top of my left index finger off and I can't really type with it :P

Bear-Max
23-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Ouch.

But... just because the Wii lets you whizz your arms around to control the game, it doesn't automatically make it fun. There has been an awful lot of rubbish released on the platform, and (in my opinion) far too many mini-game compendiums. It really works for the DS, because it makes it pick-up and play, but with such an under-powered and casual console I can't, in the long run, see it being utilised by developers as it should. By the time we get to Mario Party #37, it might just push you over the edge into mini-game insanity.

The Wii really needs more horsepower if it's going to be more critically successful, but if the consumers like it there's no real incentive to change. First party games are likely to be solid, but the third party titles seem far too gimmicky. Sony's getting there with the PS3, but the Sixaxis is just far too imprecise and insubstantial (not to mention the fact that you have to lay down a hell of a lot to own the darned machine).

GommeInc
23-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Ouch.

But... just because the Wii lets you whizz your arms around to control the game, it doesn't automatically make it fun. There has been an awful lot of rubbish released on the platform, and (in my opinion) far too many mini-game compendiums. It really works for the DS, because it makes it pick-up and play, but with such an under-powered and casual console I can't, in the long run, see it being utilised by developers as it should. By the time we get to Mario Party #37, it might just push you over the edge into mini-game insanity.

The Wii really needs more horsepower if it's going to be more critically successful, but if the consumers like it there's no real incentive to change. First party games are likely to be solid, but the third party titles seem far too gimmicky. Sony's getting there with the PS3, but the Sixaxis is just far too imprecise and insubstantial (not to mention the fact that you have to lay down a hell of a lot to own the darned machine).
I might develop a fear of doing stuff with knives in art now :P

I was talking in general about the games as opposed to the way you manipulate them. The Wii-mote does open a more interactive gate which I guess could make it fun, but I find it interesting as opposed to fun. I don't really understand Mario Party, not my cup of tea to be honest, but mii-games do make playing with friends a bit interesting. You can't play a huge game with a few friends and added characters. Friends don't tend to stay round long enough to play a whole game. But I do agree that Nintendo does like it's mini-games a bit to much.

Oni
23-03-2007, 06:31 PM
I like wiis third partly games like red steel and ssx blur.

Simmzay
24-03-2007, 05:39 AM
I think the bottom line of this particular debate is:

Just because a game has decent graphics or is on PS3/XBOX doesn't make it "un-fun"
&
Not every Wii game is fun, and a few have quality graphics
&
Blu-ray is still useless (I mean in relation to games, it offers little)

NekkLe
24-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Blu-ray with gaming is still in the early stages, graphics are bound to get better.

The only downfall I see and the most obvious is price. I think you need a HDTv to get the full experience from the console. I myself don't have a HDTv, and can't see me spending over a grand on a new tv and console.

People haven't given the PS3 a chance and are already criticising it compared to the 360 which is silly tbh.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!