PDA

View Full Version : PS3 , Worth buying ?

mangle
24-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Im going insane wether to buy a ps3 or not. I have 500 quid and will pay it but only if you think its worth it.

I would wait for more games to get out and also i'd get a Sixaxis controller.

So worth getting it?

dirrty
24-03-2007, 01:16 PM
if you want it then get it.

Nemo
24-03-2007, 01:17 PM
No i would say it ISNT, all it is is a fancy la di da graphics thing with poor gameplay compared to others, i also have seen that when it plays ps2 games then it is poor graphics(i think i seen it LOL). Also xbox 360 i personally think has better graphics and the online gameplay is fantastic. Whilst the wii has internet, online gameplay( i think xD) and fantastic gameplay

So i would go for the wii because of gameplay but if u like using a controller and stuff then get a xbox 360

dirrty
24-03-2007, 01:23 PM
No i would say it ISNT, all it is is a fancy la di da graphics thing with poor gameplay compared to others, i also have seen that when it plays ps2 games then it is poor graphics(i think i seen it LOL). Also xbox 360 i personally think has better graphics and the online gameplay is fantastic. Whilst the wii has internet, online gameplay( i think xD) and fantastic gameplay

So i would go for the wii because of gameplay but if u like using a controller and stuff then get a xbox 360
have you played on the ps3? & the ps3 has internet aswell. and the ps3 has way better graphics than the wii.

im not on eithers side as i think thats stupid. if you want the console, then go get it. if you dont want it, get something else.

Nemo
24-03-2007, 01:25 PM
have you played on the ps3? & the ps3 has internet aswell. and the ps3 has way better graphics than the wii.

im not on eithers side as i think thats stupid. if you want the console, then go get it. if you dont want it, get something else.Yes i have played all 3consoles and i know it has internet, also i know it has way better graphics than the wii because nintendo as a company focus on the gameplay instead of graphics. Also i agree saying whichever one you think you will like more then go for that one.

Frodo13.
24-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Get one they are great! Got mine yesterday, graphics are great, the motion sensor is amazing and you get a mp3,dvd player, blu-ray player and photo browser all in 1!

The online capabilities wont be achieving their full potential yet, as not many will be online yet, but I definatly recomend one. Buy one quick though, GAME had almost sold out when I got there yesterday

Oleh
24-03-2007, 02:21 PM
they are like a 360 and a wii in one but the motion sensor is to senstive as it is impossible to use on motorstorm because there turn point is to small so you spin out and its impossible to not crash on an atv because you tilt it back a little bit you backflip

mangle
24-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I think if anything I will get it in gamestation with 3 games and xmen3 on blue ray. I wlil most likely trade my ps2 in to get some discount aswell.

Just a word anyone got the wireless controller? Is it worth 32 quid?

Oni
24-03-2007, 03:31 PM
they are like a 360 and a wii in one but the motion sensor is to senstive as it is impossible to use on motorstorm because there turn point is to small so you spin out and its impossible to not crash on an atv because you tilt it back a little bit you backflip
Its control system is NOWHERE near as defined as the Wiis.

:Jamie
24-03-2007, 03:50 PM
If you want it then buy it instead of hearing what other people think.

GommeInc
24-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I also have seen that when it plays ps2 games then it is poor graphics(i think i seen it LOL).
This is/was a stupid thing to say. Of course the graphics from a PS2 game would look crap on a PS3, it's the game which has the graphics, the PS3 just manipulates them!

I'm not bothering to go and get it. I got bored of the PS2, nothing interesting came out and the games I did buy got boring fast with boring gameplay and story. The PS3 's game line-up doesn't interest me, so I won't bothering getting one.

The only reason I'll ever get one is for the cheap blu-ray player "/

:Hazel
24-03-2007, 04:25 PM
if you want it, get it. Its not up to other people however if your buying for the sake of it then save the 500 quid & spend it something you really want.

Axel
24-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Get it if you want. Posting here will just make all the fan boys tell you not to, then you won't want it.

F32
24-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Get one they are great! Got mine yesterday, graphics are great, the motion sensor is amazing and you get a mp3,dvd player, blu-ray player and photo browser all in 1!

The online capabilities wont be achieving their full potential yet, as not many will be online yet, but I definatly recomend one. Buy one quick though, GAME had almost sold out when I got there yesterday
Xbox 360 does exactly the same but for half the price.

GommeInc
24-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Or get a Sony Vaio TV Computer which links to your PC to get photos, videos and any other media related files. Naturally in HD anyway, especially if you use a projector. But that's if you don't want to play games. Even though you probably could anyway on it. This is for roughly the same price I believe.

Get it if you want. Posting here will just make all the fan boys tell you not to, then you won't want it.
Yet you're a fan boy too "/ Why can no one take to the stands and watch an argument, rather cause an argument by saying stuff like this? I'm not against any of them, I just find the gameplay on a PS, PS2 and possibly PS3 a bit boring now "/ Nothing new or exciting.

VPSwow
24-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Well really its up to you, im going to wait a month or so then the prices drop to about £300 then get it then with some games aswell.

Axel
24-03-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm a mild fan boy ye, not one of the extremists who are like 'OMG DONT GET PS3 IT SUCKS'.

sporty!!girl
24-03-2007, 04:48 PM
well my uncle bought it and he loves it he only bought it like one day ago tho
i would buy it if i were u
or i would buy nintendo wii

Frodo13.
24-03-2007, 04:50 PM

You are totally judging it one one game! The motion sensor on COD3 is impeckable.

GommeInc
24-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm a mild fan boy ye, not one of the extremists who are like 'OMG DONT GET PS3 IT SUCKS'.
There hasn't been something like that for ages. And I don't believe there has been a case like that in this thread "/ Stop trying to cause pointless arguments. Pointing them out is just as bad "/

NaughtyNemo is close, but he wasn't speaking aload of crap neither.

F32
24-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Well really its up to you, im going to wait a month or so then the prices drop to about £300 then get it then with some games aswell.
That ain't gonna' happen for a while bud.

Homesrfan
24-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Honestly, if you like the system and you like the games that they have coming out, then you should go for it.
Although, I would get a 360, but that's just what I like better. A lot of that is because it's cheaper.

Nemo
24-03-2007, 05:40 PM
yes i admit im a fanboy i guess, i know what i like but i dont say everything else is crap. I say stuff from experience and i prefer the wii then xbox 360 then playstation 3 mainly based on gameplay and not graphics.. i mean i loved playstation my whole life.. i had a ps1 and a ps2 and i loved em but they just got a lil repetitive and once you completed a game you just wuldnt play it again unless it was 2player or u got bored.. i havent had an xbox so i cant saying anything about that tho.

mangle
24-03-2007, 06:17 PM
To everyone who said I should get it if i want it I would like to hear the opinions of others , preferably not fan boys but people who got one and found it to be a flop or a common error.
Im think i'll wait till my bday in july and see how well it does , the price isn't meant to drop for 2 years apprently :@

PaulMacC
24-03-2007, 06:26 PM

im not on eithers side as i think thats stupid. if you want the console, then go get it. if you dont want it, get something else.

The internet browser on the PS3 suck's it doesn't have flash or java.
The graphic's are better than the Wii but the ''fun-ness'' you cannot compare. The wii and ps3 are two different things.The 360 and PS3 are the same type of console and the 360 has the same if not more graphic potiental than the PS3.
He's asking for people's opinion wether he should buy it. It's like OMG there's this new MCR blood-sucking stab my heart blind out album out , is it any gd shud I buy it.
the motion sensor is amazing

Are you serious, The motion-sensing is six axis the wii's is like 352 or close to 360.

I've played motorstorm and it suck's with 6 axis, I've tried playing Resistance with it and it's also horrible (the part where you shake off the men)
The wii definatly win's the motion-sensing war.

It's like a Wii & 360 in one

Gotta be kidding me , The wii's gameplay is way better than the PS3 , The xbox 360's online play is way better than both the other console's and the xbox 360 also has a *friends channel* same with the Wii. Can the PS3 download SNES , NES , TG16 , Neo Geo (soon) , N64 and Mega drive game's ?
The PS3 is not like the other console's neither is the Wii. Yes some aspect's are the same but saying the PS3 is like the 360 and Wii in One is ridiculous.

I've played all 3 , I own 2 (PS3 and 360) and they're all different.

But I think the Wii will win the console war and Microsoft will be scooping up what's left leaving the PS3 with the crums.
I'll not be getting my PS3 until Christmas , I need to get a new 360 because this one's cracked around the edge's and hardly work's , my brother dropped it down the stair's idiot.

51 day's until I get a new premium one ;)

Doesnt have a blu-ray player and your spending as much as you would on a PS3 if you keep it for 3 year's and pay Xbox Gold for 3 year's.
Wii is free online and so is PS3 , But I still like Xbox live because it's orginasied. Some good thing's in life you gotta pay for.

mangle
24-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Thats the thing , im all for getting an Xbox 360 just the online on ps3 looks pretty damn cool.

Scriptermone
24-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm not a fanboy of playstation, but I have loved each playstation alot, they were amazing consoles for their generation.

I have a PS3, and tbh - its amazing - although the sixaxis is kinda too motion sensitive sometimes, it's still pretty cool, and I saw you saying is it worth it getting a sixaxis controller? it already comes with one, and in the games that allow it, there is an option to turn motion sensor on or off.

GommeInc
24-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Thats the thing , im all for getting an Xbox 360 just the online on ps3 looks pretty damn cool.
Are you thinking of the snazzy cyber world type online where you can walk around and speak to people? I find that pretty snazzy.

Bear-Max
24-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I think anyone in this position should do one of two things:

a) If you must have a PS3, wait for a price drop and a more substantial games library (plus, Home isn't even due for release until October).

b) If you haven't got a 360, get one and use the money saved on the console to buy some extra games.

Scriptermone
24-03-2007, 07:45 PM
(plus, Home isn't even due for release until October).

Yeah, thats when it goes fully online, the closed beta test is in april, and that goes through until august, then the open beta is open, and that goes through until october, which is when it will be fully open to everyone.

brandon
24-03-2007, 07:51 PM
The internet browser on the PS3 suck's it doesn't have flash or java.
The graphic's are better than the Wii but the ''fun-ness'' you cannot compare. The wii and ps3 are two different things.The 360 and PS3 are the same type of console and the 360 has the same if not more graphic potiental than the PS3.
He's asking for people's opinion wether he should buy it. It's like OMG there's this new MCR blood-sucking stab my heart blind out album out , is it any gd shud I buy it.Are you serious, The motion-sensing is six axis the wii's is like 352 or close to 360.

I've played motorstorm and it suck's with 6 axis, I've tried playing Resistance with it and it's also horrible (the part where you shake off the men)
The wii definatly win's the motion-sensing war.

Gotta be kidding me , The wii's gameplay is way better than the PS3 , The xbox 360's online play is way better than both the other console's and the xbox 360 also has a *friends channel* same with the Wii. Can the PS3 download SNES , NES , TG16 , Neo Geo (soon) , N64 and Mega drive game's ?
The PS3 is not like the other console's neither is the Wii. Yes some aspect's are the same but saying the PS3 is like the 360 and Wii in One is ridiculous.

I've played all 3 , I own 2 (PS3 and 360) and they're all different.

But I think the Wii will win the console war and Microsoft will be scooping up what's left leaving the PS3 with the crums.
I'll not be getting my PS3 until Christmas , I need to get a new 360 because this one's cracked around the edge's and hardly work's , my brother dropped it down the stair's idiot.

51 day's until I get a new premium one ;)

Doesnt have a blu-ray player and your spending as much as you would on a PS3 if you keep it for 3 year's and pay Xbox Gold for 3 year's.
Wii is free online and so is PS3 , But I still like Xbox live because it's orginasied. Some good thing's in life you gotta pay for.
Off topic but why do you put apostraphes in words that have no need.
An apostraphy is used when you are describing someones possession (eg. John's Bike) or when you miss out a letter in a word (eg. doesn't). You don't have an apostrophy every time a word ends in s.

Anyway I personally will not be buying the PS3 or any other 3rd gen console at the moment.

mangle
24-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Wait , so it comes with a wireless controller already?

Im bloody confused

awelsh
24-03-2007, 08:03 PM
yep comes with sixaxis wireless

also whatever fool said the internet doesnt have flash is wrong.

my psp has the same interface as the ps3 and my browser does have flash, and its fully functional.

Get a ps3 if you like, I have a psp, ps2,xbox360 and gamecube. Their all good for different things, So dont knock it till youve tried it

mangle
24-03-2007, 08:24 PM
OH RIGHT!

Well that saves me thirty quid then

awelsh
24-03-2007, 08:25 PM
So youre getting it then, ive gotta wait till April 15th :(

brandon
24-03-2007, 08:34 PM
So youre getting it then, ive gotta wait till April 15th :(
why? is that your birthday?

GommeInc
24-03-2007, 08:48 PM
yep comes with sixaxis wireless

also whatever fool said the internet doesnt have flash is wrong.

my psp has the same interface as the ps3 and my browser does have flash, and its fully functional.

Get a ps3 if you like, I have a psp, ps2,xbox360 and gamecube. Their all good for different things, So dont knock it till youve tried it
Could be a possibility that they're botn different? If it doesn't have flash or java, it is a bit crap really.

Azza
24-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Look at the games for PS3 X-bx360 and Wii
see which are more for you. In my opinion might be better to get Wii and x-box360, seems you get 2 consles instead of one but it depends on what games seem better to you and if you wante remote (Wii) or controller (xbox360/Ps3) also the extra feature the consles have. Just get Ps3 if it is your thing or get something else if it isn't. I don't know the facts about the Ps3 but you should find them and see if it is the kind of consle you want and don't listen to the ppl who say "this is rubbish" " it hasnt this and this has it" as it is your opinion that matters not other peoples =]

Dan2nd
24-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I've got a PS3 and I've gotta say its awsome...

Bear-Max
24-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Off topic but why do you put apostraphes in words that have no need.
An apostraphy is used when you are describing someones possession (eg. John's Bike) or when you miss out a letter in a word (eg. doesn't). You don't have an apostrophy every time a word ends in s.

Anyway I personally will not be buying the PS3 or any other 3rd gen console at the moment.
Apostraphy is spelled apostrophe. And the PS3 is part of the seventh generation.

Sorry for being so anally retentive, but you can't correct people unless you know what you're talking about for yourself :P

awelsh
25-03-2007, 07:10 AM
yes april 15 is my birthday.

Im pretty sure that the browser has flash but not java, but does it matter, the ps3 wasnt made for browsing the internet.

summer
25-03-2007, 12:32 PM
at the moment, i'd say no, because it's a lot of money at £425, and by the time all the good games come out, the price will probably have gone down, so you're best waiting until some titles you really want are out to save yourself a few quid.

Frodo13.
25-03-2007, 04:25 PM
yes april 15 is my birthday.

Im pretty sure that the browser has flash but not java, but does it matter, the ps3 wasnt made for browsing the internet.

It does have Java, says so on the back of the box :D

Neversoft
25-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Well if I were you I'd get an Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii and still walk away with £45 + the other £75 you have left. But it's your choice.

Energizer
25-03-2007, 08:37 PM
i don't like the ps3 tbh.

348GTS
26-03-2007, 12:49 PM
It really bugs me how people say that PS3s are not worth it. You've probably never played it. I don't mind the constructive critism, but if you haven't played it, then don't comment.

The graphics are amazing. I started playing this fighter plane game, with the simulation, and it was awesome. It almost looked like a real movie at the beginning. Its controllers are very light, they feel very plasticy/cheap, but they're not.

All in all, I'd trade in my Wii for a PS3. With the Wii, once you get out of the "OMG SIMULATION" its boring.

PaulMacC
26-03-2007, 03:20 PM
It really bugs me how people say that PS3s are not worth it. You've probably never played it. I don't mind the constructive critism, but if you haven't played it, then don't comment.

The graphics are amazing. I started playing this fighter plane game, with the simulation, and it was awesome. It almost looked like a real movie at the beginning. Its controllers are very light, they feel very plasticy/cheap, but they're not.

All in all, I'd trade in my Wii for a PS3. With the Wii, once you get out of the "OMG SIMULATION" its boring.

The graphic's are at the same level if not lower than the 360's.
I've played Motorstorm & Resistance in Gamestop & Game.
The Controller is uncomfortable and the wii beat's the controller comfort and weight.
But IMO and I think alot of other's agree the Xbox 360's is the comfortablist.

I'd trade in my Wii for a PS3
You can't those stingy slimeball's at sony priced it so high.
You'd only get £120 for a pre-owned Wii as it's £180.

Oni
26-03-2007, 03:32 PM
The graphic's are at the same level if not lower than the 360's.
I've played Motorstorm & Resistance in Gamestop & Game.
The Controller is uncomfortable and the wii beat's the controller comfort and weight.
But IMO and I think alot of other's agree the Xbox 360's is the comfortablist.

You can't those stingy slimeball's at sony priced it so high.
You'd only get £120 for a pre-owned Wii as it's £180.
Youve obviously never played one then.

I have played a PS3 and I dont dislike the console just the games they are all so booooorrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggg gg IMO. The wiis my favirote atm because its something new, a breath of fresh air plus I love downloading old nintendo games.

summer
26-03-2007, 05:49 PM
if you hooked up a ps3 to a hd tv with all the same cables as the xbox 360, the ps3 would win graphically. and at the moment, ps3's ARE worth the money, because they come with a blu-ray player, which at the moment would set you back £600+ alone.

Demynx
27-03-2007, 09:54 PM

They all died out in 2002, no one speaks like that anymore, except like 0.00002% of gamers, there are fanboys though, I like Sony, they are an awesome company, but they went over board with the price, as everyone else says: 'get it if you want it', But I suggest you get it only if your a Sony Console fan or for a very important line-ups.

mangle
28-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Anyone clarify the rumour that you can't take games back or lend them to mates as they wont work on anyone elses console?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!