PDA

View Full Version : Mum's and Dad's getting splt up

spiderpan
24-03-2007, 06:04 PM
now its pretty late in cos i no im living with my dad and my sis with my mum but i start to see barriers with me and my mum and sis also its realy hard to tell all my mates anplz help and post if its every happened to u or happening

thanks
spiderpan

Metric.
24-03-2007, 11:05 PM
My parents are split since 2000, I love it.

mat64
25-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Parents nearly split few week ago, It was a very tramatic expierence for the entire family, Really upset me.

Cool--
25-03-2007, 11:24 PM
my mum and dad split up when i was 2 and i love it now due to a step mum and step dad i get LOADS more presents and goodies hehe its great :D

Juch
25-03-2007, 11:25 PM
My parents are split since 2000, I love it.
My parents arnt split up so I wouldnt know what it feels like, but why do you love it?

Barkseh2131
25-03-2007, 11:37 PM
I've never had to go through it though i imagain it too be v.hard.

Awfy
25-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Tbh, family means nothing if they argue. I was flung out of my home where I lived with my mum, step dad and brother due to myself and my mum not getting along.

Now I live with Grand Parents. I've never fought with them, and enjoy their company a whole lot more. As they support a lot of my decisions and will always be happy to help.

I was living in their study for about 6 months, so I asked to redo the room with my own colours etc. They completely agreed and helped me paint the whole room and pick out new furniture. I asked to repaint my room at home and was completely ignored.

So maybe try living with a different part of your family, you'll see the benefits.

spiderpan
26-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Awfy +rep realy gd help thanks

CrabRacket
26-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Arr thats bad news. :(
Don't worry though, you soon get used to it.

surfer
26-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Well my mum and dad have split it up and i HATE it. What i find is they wont talk to each toher face to face but will talk over the phone or text message or something. They will have a chat about it and they will sort something out about how your going to see each other. What i do is see my mum for most of the breaks from school and my dad for like 3 weeks in the summer or for christmas. You will see both of them unless a real barrier apperas (like they move country). And i know all people say this but it gets better. They dont argue as much when they see each other and they both are MUCH kinder to you. Tbh im glad mine have split up. At the start it is sad but you egt used to it. I used to cry every night about him but now i never cry over him. Dont worry it will all turn out fine <3

lSander
26-03-2007, 08:14 PM
my mum and dad split up in 2000. i love it, tho, durning the split up, i was so stressed, i ate like, SO MUCh, and i'm fat now, still 7 years later, wahhey for mee :).
tho, i love that my parents split up, i live with my mum and step dad, and my step dad is better then my biological(sp?) dad :).
don't talk to my real dad, haven't talked like 4 years, hehe.

It isin't bad everytime, it's hard, but eventually(sp?) you get over it.

crans
26-03-2007, 08:15 PM
*gives tissue*

lAdmire
19-04-2007, 12:32 AM
I understand how you feel. My parents have a pretty good relationship but all my friends have single parents. I would tell my dad how I feel && then ask if I could spend some time with my mom && sister just to catch up on things. If he says no, then he says no but I would still go. I would try && get them back together but then I wouldn't want to get in the way of things if it's going to wreck their relationship anymore.

Speeder
20-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Tbh, family means nothing if they argue. I was flung out of my home where I lived with my mum, step dad and brother due to myself and my mum not getting along.

Now I live with Grand Parents. I've never fought with them, and enjoy their company a whole lot more. As they support a lot of my decisions and will always be happy to help.

I was living in their study for about 6 months, so I asked to redo the room with my own colours etc. They completely agreed and helped me paint the whole room and pick out new furniture. I asked to repaint my room at home and was completely ignored.

So maybe try living with a different part of your family, you'll see the benefits.
hehe yeh grandparents are wicked they have time for you and dont have a go and are not bossy :D

ontopic : my mum and dad have never had a smooth relationship ever but meh havent seen real dad in yonks

Devil.Wont.Cry
20-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Extra Pocket money?

sarey
20-04-2007, 01:11 PM
My parents divorced when I was three/four, they both still love you they just don't love each other/don't want to be together.

Kieeran
20-04-2007, 01:13 PM
I can't be bothered to explain my story.

Bef
20-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I live wit my auntie cos my ma is a total hoebag. My dad lives somewher near london and has never really been a part of my life.
I hated living wit my ma. So much happier living away from her.
The whole idea of unconditional love wit parents is a load of bull tbh.

-Dispute
20-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I think mine are splitting soon tbh.

SusieC
20-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I couldn't imagine my Mum and Dad getting split up- I love them too much and I would be devestated if they did.

OMGitsaROSS
20-04-2007, 08:17 PM
its not just about materialistic goods.

,Jess,
20-04-2007, 08:35 PM
My Mum and Dad split up before I was born, I don't know my Dad so tbh I don't care about him lol but I have lots of friends whose parents have split up but they still see them both.

OMGitsaROSS
20-04-2007, 08:39 PM
also, I am not judging/digging you. But I wouldn't post somethign like this a forum if I was upset... I would tell me friends first and come to terms with it. Seems like a cry for attention but still, what ever floats your boat.

DJCurto
22-04-2007, 12:35 AM
i have a mate who has never seen his father & hes with his mother & look at him he has whatever he wants hes even got a Playstation 3 but still i fell sorry 4 him but i hope ur mum & dad dont split

Metric.
22-04-2007, 01:01 AM
My parents arnt split up so I wouldnt know what it feels like, but why do you love it?

because, all they did was fight!

now that i'm 16, my mom lets me do whatever i want so it's good.

Crono
22-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Happened to me, but I was 10 months old so it didn't bother me (cause I don't remember it). My dad was too immature to be in a serious relationship. Now I see him like twice a year even though he only lives about 45 minutes away.

french
22-04-2007, 09:04 AM
They have split, I love it! :)

YoManGo!
22-04-2007, 12:23 PM
i have a mate who has never seen his father & hes with his mother & look at him he has whatever he wants hes even got a Playstation 3 but still i fell sorry 4 him but i hope ur mum & dad dont split

that was completely un-readable.
all my friends whos parents are divorced love it.
my sister's never met her dad either.

Metric.
22-04-2007, 03:25 PM
that was completely un-readable.
all my friends whos parents are divorced love it.
my sister's never met her dad either.

i have a friend who dosen't know who her father is, and she dosen't want to know.

Ed.
22-04-2007, 03:26 PM
my parents nelly split up loads of times - i have learnt to jst deal with it

MrGazet
23-04-2007, 01:20 AM
mine spilt out ages go.it was of course crap but ye den u'll get over it.i still see my dad most of the time :D and hes married now wif 2 new sons.tbh i feel glad dey divorced or things will be much worse..

JackHb
24-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Mine split like 8 years ago or something and i remember my mum telling me when i was in the car and i cried but after that little cry i was fine and i am glad they split lol. They were crap together.

You shouldnt worry about telling your friends, they will understand, its not as though its a crime or they are gonna laugh at you unless they are freaks.

foxyfox00
25-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Seeing your parents getting split up is really hard, I know my parents split up and got back together 3 times before they divorced. Plus ive been though my dad's engagements splitting up twice. The best thing I can tell you though is to stay neutral because what happened is their fault not yours.
If you tell your Mum how you feel maybe she can help. Its hard to get adjusted to the situation as well. As people above said maybe live with someone different, I lived at my sisters house and my grandmas for a bit. As for your friends i'd tell them whats going on. Personally I didnt have that many friends to support me and it makes all the difference.

Good Luck with sorting everything out ♥

:Hazel
25-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Its not nice, ive dealt with it before but it seems a common occurence these days, hope it all works out for you.

Eye!
25-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Well my mum and dad have split it up and i HATE it. What i find is they wont talk to each toher face to face but will talk over the phone or text message or something. They will have a chat about it and they will sort something out about how your going to see each other. What i do is see my mum for most of the breaks from school and my dad for like 3 weeks in the summer or for christmas. You will see both of them unless a real barrier apperas (like they move country). And i know all people say this but it gets better. They dont argue as much when they see each other and they both are MUCH kinder to you. Tbh im glad mine have split up. At the start it is sad but you egt used to it. I used to cry every night about him but now i never cry over him. Dont worry it will all turn out fine <3
huh? I dont follow.

Ontopic: My parents split up and its fine, i see my dad every weekend and he is really nice and now they always buy me stuff :eusa_danc

lAdmire
26-04-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry but why would you people love that your parents are divorced? I've never experienced because my parents are styll together but if I found out that they were splittin' up I'd be devastated. I wouldn't care about extra presents or anything because that's pure greediness. Wow. That's not right.

Soy
30-04-2007, 03:38 AM
This happened with my uncle & auntie, now my cousin is suicidal :S no lies!

JimRave
05-05-2007, 07:50 PM
my mum and dad split up when i was 2 i now see my dad like 1ce a year :(

clarissa !!
05-05-2007, 08:01 PM
mine been divorced since i was like 4, i think..

Blue
05-05-2007, 08:06 PM
mines split up when i was 11, i was really upset at first, but i see my dad whenever i want really and i live with my mum, so its not that bad really, and my mum doesn't argue anymore

YoManGo!
07-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry but why would you people love that your parents are divorced? I've never experienced because my parents are styll together but if I found out that they were splittin' up I'd be devastated. I wouldn't care about extra presents or anything because that's pure greediness. Wow. That's not right.

because it might be better than having to see your parents fight all the time.

edible
07-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I sometimes think that mine will end up getting divorced soon, cos all they do is pretty much argue and then it's like nothing happened.
If they did, I'd probably live with my mum cos she's like my best mate in a way and my dad's never gave a damn about me in my life tbhh.

Just cos your parents are getting split up, doesnt mean they dont love you, they just dont love you and you (and any other siblings if any) are the only thing they have in common.
Dont worry about telling your friends, they'll comfort you and they'll understand how your feeling.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!