PDA

View Full Version : HabboForum

Barkseh2131
27-03-2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.habboforum.com/announcements/41779-habboforum-recruiting-moderators.html

An official fansite of Habbo which is aimed at 11+ and their saying you can only work for them if you have an A grade in your GCSEs. :s

GoldenMerc
27-03-2007, 10:04 PM
http://www.habboforum.com/announcements/41779-habboforum-recruiting-moderators.html

An official fansite of Habbo which is aimed at 11+ and their saying you can only work for them if you have an A grade in your GCSEs. :s

I knew that a while ago lololol/

clarissa !!
27-03-2007, 10:09 PM
sadddd

brandon
27-03-2007, 10:11 PM
that's pretty lame tbh.

Lysine
27-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I could say to them yh i have gcse and i could not have any and they say you can be 16 or older and if you are still in scholl when you are 16 you aint taken your gcse's yet.

They need to re-think that.

Pyroka
27-03-2007, 10:31 PM
You do realise that you're 16 when you get your GCSE results? >.> They may let you off on your determined grade maybe but anyway you need A* - C grades, not A grade only! It's the way you read it hehe "A grade in.." but in fact it means "A grade in these subjects" as in grade A* - C as referred to on the forum! But still.. wouldn't it be better just to remove the whole GCSE thing? :S

the wombats
27-03-2007, 10:33 PM
"A GCSE grade A*-C (or equivalent) in English language is desirable."

:| what *****. i bet half the admins got crap grades.

Roboevil
27-03-2007, 10:45 PM
LOL! Why not lie?

boyslikegirls
27-03-2007, 10:48 PM
i dunno what a gsce is
so obviously they must be racist against americans

im gunna sue.

GoldenMerc
28-03-2007, 12:16 AM
I bet they ask you to scan up your results :rolleyes:

Shawnstra
28-03-2007, 06:45 AM
LMAO!

1. Its not for writing articles, so the English must be just got enough to communicate, lyk talkin lyk dis is not kk.

2. Not only 16 years old and above can spell, I am 13, yes I admit, and I can cope with proper spelling :rolleyes:

Starting debates and discussions throughout the forum to promote conversation and user interactivity.
Moderation is far from being a person who starts debates? They should hire someone else

5. Lastly, LOOOOL :P

le harry
28-03-2007, 01:06 PM
How lame, anyone who gets a A on the gces's shouldn't be on Habs now ;)

Simon
28-03-2007, 01:13 PM
lol send your gsce results thru the post at

habboforum
5 diddley squat lane
de94 94l
my house
london

u wnt get dem bk as dey will b imperonated for wen da owner applys for a job fnx4scamlove

Tassadar
28-03-2007, 03:54 PM
lol@thisthread

HabboForum isn't really just for Habbo, most of the people there don't even play Habbo anymore.

The cool people there at least don't :)

They are basically saying they don't want immature **** for Moderators

Barkseh2131
28-03-2007, 04:00 PM
lol@thisthread

HabboForum isn't really just for Habbo, most of the people there don't even play Habbo anymore.

The cool people there at least don't :)

They are basically saying they don't want immature **** for Moderators

they shouldnt be official then :]

cocaine
28-03-2007, 04:01 PM
.. whats to stop someone from lying.

Tassadar
28-03-2007, 05:48 PM
[rant]
[statement]
I don't think they care if their Official or not, they just keep the name and the habbo stuff because of their name :P some rumors have started over there about changing the name and stuff though, as there are far more sections for stuff like fashion and computers, than the whole habbo part of the site.
[/endrant]
[/endstatement]

Nemo
28-03-2007, 06:04 PM
[rant]
[statement]
I don't think they care if their Official or not, they just keep the name and the habbo stuff because of their name :P some rumors have started over there about changing the name and stuff though, as there are far more sections for stuff like fashion and computers, than the whole habbo part of the site.
[/endrant]
[/endstatement]Yes but really, how many sections can u have on habo vs everything else?? also if they dont care about being official, let someone who does want to.

--ss--
28-03-2007, 06:08 PM
WTH , A bit unfair , have you notcied almost everyone on the forum there has a driving license :rolleyes:
Also how will they know if you actualy have passed your GCSE's.

Tijs
12-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Firstly, I'd like to apologise for digging up a fairly old thread. Having said that, I do not read this forum that often.

You are correct by saying that Habbo Forum asks for GCSE grade A*-C or equivalent in order to apply to become a moderator. However we did specifically state that these grades are desirable and are therefore not essential.

Our moderators need to be able to communicate effectively, professionally and in a mature manner. As a result of this, we only accept applications from those who are considered capable of meeting that standard.

OMGitsaROSS
12-04-2007, 11:41 PM
i dunno what a gsce is
so obviously they must be racist against americans

im gunna sue.
***** :p

dotKarl
13-04-2007, 12:21 AM
edit .

lrak
13-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Howdy,

This thread has also just been brought to my attention and I'd like to clear a few things up.

As Tijs said, the grades are just a desire. For public images, we do not wish to recruit users who cannot type correctly - if your site (habbox) recruited news reporters that could not type in proper English, or at least "decent" English, you'd look terrible. As [HF] does not have a site, the moderators represent the staff and people scrutinise their posts very carefully.

We also have an age limit due to maturity problems in the past. I am 100% sure that most pre-16 year olds are capable of maturity and when we come across such a member we often keep a close eye on them, the moderator requirements are there at our discretion. However, all forums have their share of immature trolls, habbox and habboforum included.

Regarding the official status; some of our user base do not frequent habbo anymore, however the administration team are very much interested in keeping the habbo theme in our forum, without it we'd just be "forum" ;) We meet each and every official fan site request we receive from habbo and our Marketing and Events team are constantly planning events for official fan site weeks. For the users who DO use habbo on our forum, we cater for them a lot.

Habbox is, quite obviously, a big rival for our forum and always has been - your administration staff will easily admit to this too. However we, the HF administrators, do not wish to have bad feelings between the forums - yes, things have happened in the past, but we do not endorse this.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them, we have maintained a mature front and I request that you do also, please don't turn it into a fight.

boyslikegirls
13-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Howdy,

This thread has also just been brought to my attention and I'd like to clear a few things up.

As Tijs said, the grades are just a desire. For public images, we do not wish to recruit users who cannot type correctly - if your site (habbox) recruited news reporters that could not type in proper English, or at least "decent" English, you'd look terrible. As [HF] does not have a site, the moderators represent the staff and people scrutinise their posts very carefully.

We also have an age limit due to maturity problems in the past. I am 100% sure that most pre-16 year olds are capable of maturity and when we come accross such a member we often keep a close eye on them, the moderator requirements are their at our discresion. However, all forums have their share of immature trolls, habbox and habboforum included.

Regarding the official status; the majority of our userbase do not frequent habbo anymore, however the administration team are very much interested in keeping the habbo theme going as long as we possibly can. We meet each and every official fansite request we receive from habbo and our Marketting and Events team are constantly planning events for official fansite weeks. For the users who DO use habbo on our forum, we cater for them a lot.

Habbox is, quite obviously, a big rival for our forum and always has been - your administration staff will easily admit to this too. However we, the HF administrators, do not wish to have bad feelings between the forums - yes, things have happened in the past, but we do not endorse this.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them, we have maintained a mature front and I request that you do also, please don't turn it into a fight.i lol @ essay.

lrak
13-04-2007, 01:46 PM
I felt the need to reply with an in-depth response to answer all the questions/statements in the thread.

GoldenMerc
13-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I felt the need to reply with an in-depth response to answer all the questions/statements in the thread.

o la de dah,Tbh its stupid that you want people with just A grades ect..

--ss--
13-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Well instead of talking about grades you could have easily said '' Have a high standard of English vocabulary and punctuation ''

lrak
13-04-2007, 03:36 PM
o la de dah,Tbh its stupid that you want people with just A grades ect..

As stated in my post and somebody else's I believe, it is simply a desirable trait.

Well instead of talking about grades you could have easily said '' Have a high standard of English vocabulary and punctuation ''

Indeed we could have, but that could be relative: what one person thinks is a high standard of English may not be so. The grades are there as a guideline, I honestly do not say 'oh, that guy received an E', we review each individual application separately.

Hxf Santa
13-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Why's it sad?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!