PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of The Consoles - PS3 v Xbox 360 v Wii

DJCurto
28-03-2007, 02:39 PM
What do u thinks better?

Nemo
28-03-2007, 02:47 PM
This'll start some arguements:rolleyes:

Anyway its all down to personal preference, they are all amazing consoles and have played them all.. but my favourite would have to be the wii as its.. well what i like =D

dirrty
28-03-2007, 02:50 PM
i think ps3.

Cwmbran
28-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I think the 360's best.

kano
28-03-2007, 03:20 PM
my reaons:
PS3 way over priced, nearly same spec as 360, they stole ideas from all the next gen consoles (wii motion sensor, 360 guide button)
wii graphics are just poor in my opinion, no serious games on wii apart from zelda

Nemo
28-03-2007, 03:24 PM
my reaons:
PS3 way over priced, nearly same spec as 360, they stole ideas from all the next gen consoles (wii motion sensor, 360 guide button)
wii graphics are just poor in my opinion, no serious games on wii apart from zelda
*First arguement* Consoles aint all about graphics and games aint meant to be serious, they're meant to be fun.. and thats wot it delivers (not saying other consoles aint fun..)

Neil
28-03-2007, 03:31 PM
All are good in some way, PS3 I don't like so much, mostly because it's just a Wii and a 360 put together with a better DVD player and you have to pay like £500 for it, the 360 is my favourite but it's only down to that because I haven't played the Wii, I love games on the 360 because they are fun and they have quite good graphics, the Wii may not have Halo 3 graphics but tbh I think it's the better of the 3, the games are fun, it looks awesome, it's cheap, I'm going to buy a Wii next chance I get because it looks awesome, PS3 I MIGHT get in the future when it costs a little less because it may actually have decent games that the 360 doesn't have

Axel
28-03-2007, 03:32 PM
PS3...

mangle
28-03-2007, 03:42 PM
PS3 OR 360

Atm more 360 as i've heard rumours about not being able to trade ps3 games with mates as they wont work.

Oni
28-03-2007, 04:01 PM
my reaons:
And the XBOX never stole the Dpad, Analogue stick, shoulder buttons etc from nintendo did it?

Pyroka
28-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Personally I like my Xbox 360 and therefore I voted for the Xbox 360. :)

GommeInc
28-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Wii. Good game play and has the original "bad boy" of consoles makers Nintendo, which is noticeable with it's unique gameplay which is ahead of other consoles e.g. No controller, just a "wii-mote" which is ahead of SIXAXIS which is way below 300 degrees in rotation while the Wii is about 356 I believe.

Anyway, I go with Nintendo's Wii. Fun, exciting and imaginative.

PS. No, I am not a fan boy of Nintendo. I've noticed aload of idiots getting the definition muddled up.

Bear-Max
28-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Do we really need to have this discussion for the umpteenth time?

Colin-Roberts
30-03-2007, 11:45 AM
to all you xbox people
ps2 11 million to 6 million xbox 360s the older playstation is selling better then the newest microsoft one.

mangle
30-03-2007, 11:58 AM
And how many years has the ps2 been out?
Compare that to how long the 360 has been out.

Not too good :]

:Hazel
30-03-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm a 360 fan myself.

mangle
30-03-2007, 12:01 PM
So am I :]

Although i believe PS2 is one of the best consoles around it just wont be able to keep up with the wii or 360. It'll take a while for the PS3 to explode in britain

Neil
30-03-2007, 01:00 PM
to all you xbox people
ps2 11 million to 6 million xbox 360s the older playstation is selling better then the newest microsoft one.

The xbox 360 is at 10 million btw

Random funny Wii pwns PS3 link ;] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JUK8p4tgXc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F)

Energizer
30-03-2007, 01:33 PM
xbox 360. hate the wii and ps3 is too overpriced imo.

Demynx
30-03-2007, 02:17 PM
XBox 360 or Nintendo Wii but I don't think the PS3:

Wii: It sold 4,000,000 consoles in a few months, atleast 3-4 games are bought with it. It is original and fun. Graphics aren't as great but good as an XBox, why? Because Nintendo aims at gameplay not graphics, people who think the graphics are poor wouldn't say that to a GameCube 2 years ago. The only reason people are saying that is because PS3 and XBox have a higher graphics chips.

XBox 360: It got a 1 year head start, has Halo 3, GTA 4, and other top-notch videogames, Online type, and sold 12,000,000 copies.

PS3: Its ove priced, hardly no one buys them, I checked a store at Toy' R US, there were 26 in stock, Xbox 360: 6 in stock Wii: 0 in stock.
PS3 is a huge console which all gamers thought was to ugly and heavy, people despise Big Consoles, also people who think it stole the idea of the Wii you are wrong, its called a Six-Axis the Wii uses infrared vision. 2. Different. Things, I also heard in the European launch that only 3 people were waiting outside for the grand launch, ouch.

And I agree with Bear-Max, I was the original starter of this discussion, about 9 months ago.

alex 1889
30-03-2007, 03:22 PM
360 is runbbish, it overheats and gets damaged easily, its only a graphics update

wii has an unrealistic motion censor and rubbish controls

Oni
30-03-2007, 03:25 PM
360 is runbbish, it overheats and gets damaged easily, its only a graphics update

wii has an unrealistic motion censor and rubbish controls
1. 360 is not 'runbbish' and doesnt damage easily
2. The wiis motion sensor is ALOT more refined than the ps3s and the controls are better.

Kardan
30-03-2007, 03:27 PM
XBox 360, Simple.

alex 1889
30-03-2007, 03:28 PM
XBox 360 or Nintendo Wii but I don't think the PS3:

Wii: It sold 4,000,000 consoles in a few months, atleast 3-4 games are bought with it. It is original and fun. Graphics aren't as great but good as an XBox, why? Because Nintendo aims at gameplay not graphics, people who think the graphics are poor wouldn't say that to a GameCube 2 years ago. The only reason people are saying that is because PS3 and XBox have a higher graphics chips.

XBox 360: It got a 1 year head start, has Halo 3, GTA 4, and other top-notch videogames, Online type, and sold 12,000,000 copies.

PS3: Its ove priced, hardly no one buys them, I checked a store at Toy' R US, there were 26 in stock, Xbox 360: 6 in stock Wii: 0 in stock.
PS3 is a huge console which all gamers thought was to ugly and heavy, people despise Big Consoles, also people who think it stole the idea of the Wii you are wrong, its called a Six-Axis the Wii uses infrared vision. 2. Different. Things, I also heard in the European launch that only 3 people were waiting outside for the grand launch, ouch.

And I agree with Bear-Max, I was the original starter of this discussion, about 9 months ago.all those statements are false and ur a stupid fanboy whos probably 10 year old.

Kardan
30-03-2007, 03:32 PM
all those statements are false and ur a stupid fanboy whos probably 10 year old.

What makes me laugh is that we're giving our own opinions about what we prefer, if you don't like others opinions, don't bother posting in this thread.
Not everybody is going to like the same thing as you ^^

mangle
30-03-2007, 03:37 PM
What makes me laugh is that we're giving our own opinions about what we prefer, if you don't like others opinions, don't bother posting in this thread.
Not everybody is going to like the same thing as you ^^
Yeah what Kardan said.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and sometimes its going to clash with yours , doesn't mean you have to call them a fanboy as they like a console :|

alex 1889
30-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Not everybody is going to like the same thing as you ^^but thats not5 his real opinion and thats what bothers me, i mean he says stuff like ps3 has no good games which is completely untrue.

Nemo
30-03-2007, 04:30 PM
but thats not5 his real opinion and thats what bothers me, i mean he says stuff like ps3 has no good games which is completely untrue.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w and as i sed, none of em are crap i just prefer wii then xbox 360 then ps3..

mangle
30-03-2007, 05:37 PM
but thats not5 his real opinion and thats what bothers me, i mean he says stuff like ps3 has no good games which is completely untrue.
:|
Right , his opinion is true as its opinion and what he believes. Also PS3 has no good games , that also is an opinion and you say it does he says it doesnt , its a clash of opinions.

Ezzie.
30-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Who cares? Everytime a fanboy whines a kitten dies

FACT.

Kardan
30-03-2007, 06:01 PM
but thats not5 his real opinion and thats what bothers me, i mean he says stuff like ps3 has no good games which is completely untrue.

How do you know it's not his real opinion, and it's your opinion that the ps3 has good games, but it's his opinion that it doesn't... :rolleyes:

Oni
30-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Who cares? Everytime a fanboy whines a kitten dies

FACT.
Im hoping this is just a sick joke....

GommeInc
30-03-2007, 08:03 PM
alex 1889, there is no point you being in this thread... You say true statemtns are false and never come back with any comments. We might aswell argue with a brick wall with you "/

Nintendo have always aimed at gameplay, which is why they evolved in ways to play a game, not how a game should look like. The brought out the controllers with side buttons and analog sticks "/ Then created the Wii-mote on their latest console, the Wii. Sony have evolved graphically, rather than through gameplay.

Their ideas came after Nintendo. When the N64 came out, Sony slowly followed the analog stick and placed it on their consoles a few months later than Nintendo. Side buttons appeared on the PS 1 when they went into the gaming business.

I know, through my experience and what sort of games I like, that Sony create games for their consoles that are boring, repetitive and unimaginative. I go with the idea that Sony only make racing and shooting up games. No adventure or fantasy games. Other than fighting games which have fantasy characters, but the fighting part of the game is the main point.

All these glorified features in a PS3 mean nothing to me. I want a fun games console, not a games console which has evolved into a Multi-Media Device "/

Lubricant
30-03-2007, 08:11 PM
PS3 is better IMO.

Neil
31-03-2007, 12:36 AM

No, PS3 has NO good games at all they are all terrible =]

Demynx
31-03-2007, 02:03 AM

Choose your words carefully sir. I wasn't completely stating my opinions on the PS3, I was stating OTHER people's thought, reread my topic, I didn't use my opinion as munch, I like SONY and I hate to say this but the PS3 is overpriced, and you to call me a fanboy? :l I own many consoles from many companies and you have the right to call me a fanboy when you are rooting for the PlayStation 3? Lemme rephrase that...ONLY the PlayStation 3, have you even bothered to look at your post, I wouldn't just called you an idiot because of your opinion, mind your own buisness perhaps, its your choice, as I said 'Choose your words carefully', also I never said the games were bad. So you are only thinking up random thoughts to make me look bad. Also, whats wrong with 10 year olds, they are children, I have a 12 year old brother, but he likes all the consoles, age doesn't matter, its how you think that makes the real person you are.

Homesrfan
31-03-2007, 03:57 AM
No, PS3 has NO good games at all they are all terrible =]
I hope your kidding, that's pure fanboyism.

There are some good games on the lineup, Metal Gear Solid, Killzone 2, and LittleBitPlanet come to mind.

Stitch
31-03-2007, 08:42 AM
ps3 because its the only one ive played

Oni
31-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I hope your kidding, that's pure fanboyism.

There are some good games on the lineup, Metal Gear Solid, Killzone 2, and LittleBitPlanet come to mind.
I like Metal gear and LittleBitPlanet but not killzone. But those games arent on PS3 yet and so it hasnt got any good games not that it wont.

Leatherface
31-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Ok none of them are as good as each other, it all depends on what the user likes. The Wii is by far the most interactive console, so if people like these sort of games then the Wii would be best.

PS3 is the most high-tech as its really more of a super computer than a games console. But its downfall is the price, the blu-ray is also useless with out a HD Tv, but if you have lots of money and can afford it with HD Tv then it is the best.

Xbox 360 has some very nice features and some excellent games. Although it doesn't have as much power as a PS3 tis is probably the best for money. It isnt very expensive compared to the PS3 but isnt as interactive as the Wii. Its main feature is Xbox Live which is a very good bonus. People who like the Halo series and other top games that only come out on Xbox 360 will perfer this.

But to see who will win will be intresting to see. Maybe when the PS3 comes down in price more people will buy it or will the Xbox 360 keep its great sales up? Some chance of Wii winning if an interactive craze starts or if they get some good inter active games.

Ezzie.
31-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Im hoping this is just a sick joke....

Nope it's true, thousands of helpless kittens have been massacred by fanboyism :( :rolleyes:

Brody
31-03-2007, 09:29 AM
i prefer ps3

and it does have some good games

fight night round 3 is sick on ps3
and so is need for speed

summer
31-03-2007, 11:57 AM
personally, my favourite is the xbox 360. it didn't cost me much money, and has everything i ever really need in a console.

Neil
31-03-2007, 02:13 PM
I like Metal gear and LittleBitPlanet but not killzone. But those games arent on PS3 yet and so it hasnt got any good games not that it wont.

Exactly, they are all crap atm, racing = :$ and that Resistance looks like a high detailed version of Half Life :rolleyes:

Ezzie.
31-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Exactly, they are all crap atm, racing = :$ and that Resistance looks like a high detailed version of Half Life :rolleyes:

Say the dude who's girlfriend is getting him a ps3. HA!

Neil
31-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Say the dude who's girlfriend is getting him a ps3. HA!

Hey, I said the games are crap, I never said I would refuse a free one ;P

Ezzie.
31-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey, I said the games are crap, I never said I would refuse a free one ;P

Plus the benefit of you "thanking" her ;)

Neil
31-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Plus the benefit of you "thanking" her ;)

Rofl spending £500 on a console she'll want me to be thanking her for hours xD

Ezzie.
31-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Rofl spending £500 on a console she'll want me to be thanking her for hours xD

I'll pray for your soul :eusa_danc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!