PDA

View Full Version : CWC (again!) Super 8's

Smiddy
29-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Poor West Indies, playing 3 days in a row!

They lost there first match on a second day, after rain stopped play on the first day, and now today they're facing New Zeland (fortuantly, this match is being held in the same stadium as the others..)

Yesterday's other match was South Africa v Sri Lanka, and South Africa JUST scraped a victory after Lasith Malinga managed to get 4 wickets in a row out (2 from his last deliveries of the first over, 2 from his first balls of the next over) but it was not enough to contain SA, who just edged past thanks to a boundary.

Today (as I said, WI v NZ)
WI were bowled out for 177, and played poorly. Chris Gayle and Brian Lara being the only 1's to put in half decent scores (44 & 37 respectively) - after 44.4 overs.
NZ are currently 40 - 2 with Fleming and Styris at the crease.

Tomorrow is England v Ireland, and Flintoff has got over a stomach bug and should be fit in the match.

http://home.skysports.com/cwc/groupTables.aspx - Shows the table as it stands, if you're wondering about the games played, they continued the result of the match against the other qualifier in the group stages through to this stage, example - England v New Zeland was already played, and was carried onto this part of the tournament.

HabboReporter
29-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I HOPE MALINGA TAKES A FEW WICKETS FOR ENGLAND TOMORROW, HOPEFULLY HE WILL THRoW UP A FEW DOOSRAS OR BOWL RIGHT ARM ORTHADOX

Grainger@CUFC
29-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I HOPE MALINGA TAKES A FEW WICKETS FOR ENGLAND TOMORROW, HOPEFULLY HE WILL THRoW UP A FEW DOOSRAS OR BOWL RIGHT ARM ORTHADOX

Hmm. Considering Malinga plays for Sri Lanka that would be hard. Plus he bowls pace, not spin :rolleyes:.

Jordie
29-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Hmm. Considering Malinga plays for Sri Lanka that would be hard. Plus he bowls pace, not spin :rolleyes:.

Lmao:P

Smiddy
29-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Mmm New Zeland beat West Indies in 39.2 overs, styris top scoring with 80*

NZ & Aus only unbeaten teams in tourny now.

F32
30-03-2007, 04:26 PM
What I keep asking myself is... Ireland in the S8's?

THERE IS NO GOD!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!