PDA

View Full Version : Iran VS Britain [Would you back the war?]

-:Undertaker:-
29-03-2007, 07:59 PM
If the worst came to the worst and Iran refuse to give back our soliders, would you back war with Iran?

I would because.

You can't reason with backwards countrys like Iran.
They want Nuclear Weapons.

OMGitsaROSS
29-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Hell Yeah, but only in 2014 cause then I would of completed my training and eveything and be flying the helicopters helping :8

EDIT: I do realie how serious war is and I actually want to fight for my country,

HabboReporter
29-03-2007, 08:01 PM
ur against toni blear tho

Mr.Sam
29-03-2007, 08:01 PM
The UN would most likely get involved.
also iran have nuclear weapons.

-internal
29-03-2007, 08:02 PM
first i wanna see the evidence the the iranians were in iraqi/international waters

-if i saw them i would back britain in the war till the first man dies then i'll protest

-if they dont have the evidence to prove it then i protest about the war

so basically i wanna see the evidence before i decide which side i take

Dan2nd
No, I don't want to sound harsh here but I'd rather risk 15 lifes than risk millions if a nuclear war starts

OMGitsaROSS
first i wanna see the evidence the the iranians were in iraqi/international waters

-if i saw them i would back britain in the war till the first man dies then i'll protest

-if they dont have the evidence to prove it then i protest about the war

so basically i wanna see the evidence before i decide which side i take
you basically don't want the war because someone is bound to die. Face the facts.

dirrty
29-03-2007, 08:03 PM
blair and bush r bum buddies so nothing like that would happen cause then america would get involved aswell where iran would 100% lose

29-03-2007, 08:03 PM
ur against toni blear tho

I am but Iraq war was wrong, If worst came to worst with Iran I would back it.

I supported Blair on renewing Trident.

The UN would most likely get involved.

Iran don't have Nuclear Weapons yet.

Dan2nd
29-03-2007, 08:06 PM

I understand where your coming from but if a nuclear war started the public( E.g. Us! ) would be defenceless while Tony Blair and other important people are safe in a bunker somewhere.

OMGitsaROSS
29-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Nah, I rekon TB and GB would launch nukes back.

uh huh her
i wouldn't.

I understand where your coming from but if a nuclear war started the public( E.g. Us! ) would be defenceless while Tony Blair and other important people are safe in a bunker somewhere.

We have trident to defend ourselves, it's a deterrant.

Dan2nd
29-03-2007, 08:11 PM
We have trident to defend ourselves, it's a deterrant.

So causing the nuke to explode in the sky leaving radiation? ( I'm assuming this will happen I don't know much about nukes tbh)

HabboReporter
29-03-2007, 08:12 PM
i think blear should pull troops out of iraq and put them all in iran and kill there primeminister cos hes next saddam btw i told u that 1st anyway iran got nucel weapons that can blew up werld

alexxxxx
29-03-2007, 08:13 PM
if they put them on trial for espionage or try and hang them or harm those men and woman I think Iran would be asking for it. Then if Iran do anything else to harm another country or their people I think I would be in support of a UN-Sanctioned war.

29-03-2007, 08:17 PM
So causing the nuke to explode in the sky leaving radiation? ( I'm assuming this will happen I don't know much about nukes tbh)

If America and it's allies didn't have nukes in the Cold War we would be under soviet control now, the communists didn't dare attack because they knew what would be on it's way if they did.

i think blear should pull troops out of iraq and put them all in iran and kill there primeminister cos hes next saddam btw i told u that 1st anyway iran got nucel weapons that can blew up werld

Iran don't have Nuclear Weapons at the moment.

;3332396']if they put them on trial for espionage or try and hang them or harm those men and woman I think Iran would be asking for it. Then if Iran do anything else to harm another country or their people I think I would be in support of a UN-Sanctioned war.

They are already asking for it, they are trying to be awkward and going to the UN would be pointless sadly.

As Kofi Annan said, the UN needs to do more in issues, UN don't really do anything anymore.

OMGitsaROSS
29-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I lost faith in the UN yesterday when I read about how the UN done little to prevent the falklands war because it was, "too far away".

DiscoPat
29-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Firstly, Iran has nuclear power, therefor they have nuclear weopons.
Secondly, there isnt a reason for them not to give back the soldiers as its just a simple thing, where they got them in for security reasons, and if a war did break out, we wouldnt have the chance to duscuss whats going on, as both countrys are powerful and would destroy each other in a day or two anyway..

But the thing is, it wont happen, for somthing simply as a 'captured' crew for safety reasons which they will return. So I think its irrelivent to discuss this any further..

29-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Firstly, Iran has nuclear power, therefor they have nuclear weopons.
Secondly, there isnt a reason for them not to give back the soldiers as its just a simple thing, where they got them in for security reasons, and if a war did break out, we wouldnt have the chance to duscuss whats going on, as both countrys are powerful and would destroy each other in a day or two anyway..

But the thing is, it wont happen, for somthing simply as a 'captured' crew for safety reasons which they will return. So I think its irrelivent to discuss this any further..

They do NOT have Nuclear Weapons.

You don't have to discuss if you don't wish.

GommeInc
29-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Tricky question really. Hard to answer... I would, but going to war for 15 people which would probably mean those 15 + thousands of others seems a bit pointless. BUT, there is the risk of Iran going to war with us by charging into Iraq which is unlikely, but possible.

Then there's the idea of nuclear war. As DiscoPat pointed out. They have nuclear power? They could use the nuclear plants to create a weapon? It all depends if they want to cut off power for a while or if they have enough power that removing a little wouldn't do much, so they could create a weapon with the amount they have left over.

I do not know anything about nuclear power and weapons, so that was probably aload of crap :D

29-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah they have Nuclear Power but haven't developed a weapon yet, but they will because what would a Oil rich nation like Iran need Nuclear Power for?

The fact is they don't, they are using the power issue as a cover up for creating a weapon which is a horrible thing.

:Jamie
29-03-2007, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't back the war.

jrh2002
29-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Just nuke them because that also stops iranian asylum seekers coming here like they would if we had a normal war :o well most because they would be dead :o israel can nuke syria then thats 2 countries who will cause us many more problems in years to come in big trouble.

Royal
29-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, I think if the war was to happen Iran would destroy Britain with there nuclear stuff then UN would be like wth and then big shot usa will come to the rescue then like all muslim countries will be like Im tired of u nubs picking on are country then it'd be a huge war :).

Mentor
30-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Well, I think if the war was to happen Iran would destroy Britain with there nuclear stuff then UN would be like wth and then big shot usa will come to the rescue then like all muslim countries will be like Im tired of u nubs picking on are country then it'd be a huge war :).

And nastradumus would have been right (or at least his books translators would have actually decrypted his writings right) for once.

Also, i wouldnt back a war, its pointless, Iran are allowed nucler power, there is no magic right that says iran isnt allowed nucler technolgys and we are?

North Koria was allowed to devope them and there far more dangorus than iran, the whole war problem just seems to be the US and its gas prices again.

TheLastShadow
30-03-2007, 12:28 AM
This world is pritty much shot to hell. One day there are going to be neuclear missles flying in the air. Either your going to be melted to death by the missle or die of cancer from the radiation.

Splinter
30-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Kind of a stupid question because we would never go to war with Iran over afew soldiers simply because they can fight back. But no I wouldn't because they can do as they like aslong as it dosent affect other countries but trying to enforce democracy on them is not worth the lives.

T0M
30-03-2007, 10:46 AM
No IMO if they keep our soldiers and refuse to stop the Nuclear power stuff then every country should just shun them and have nothing to do with them till they stop.

Tiuhdur
30-03-2007, 01:24 PM

Iran don't have Nuclear Weapons yet.

there was a documentary on channel 4 a few months back. iran were building nukes under everyones noses until one of the workers told the un. iran had over 300 nukes. but they dont anymore i would DEFINATLY back the war if there was one because if they got away with this they could do anything

30-03-2007, 01:28 PM
there was a documentary on channel 4 a few months back. iran were building nukes under everyones noses until one of the workers told the un. iran had over 300 nukes. but they dont anymore i would DEFINATLY back the war if there was one because if they got away with this they could do anything

I REALLY DOUBT Iran had 300 Nukes, we only have around 190 Nuclear Warheads.

They don't have any now and I doubt they ever had 300.

If Iran did have 300 Nukes then Israel wouldn't be here now.

Tiuhdur
30-03-2007, 02:01 PM
seriously they did ill try and find the documentary on google vids after the un discovered it they said in the documentary it was the biggest threat to the modern world theyve seen

:Hazel
30-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure I would because I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't go to war at all, we should be able to sort things out another way. But if it was necessary and we HAD to to protect the country etc. of course I'd back it.

T0M
30-03-2007, 02:11 PM
If iran do start to build nukes that could reach other countries and demolish them then i think other countries with nukes ( USA Uk etc) should nuke Iran before they nuke us.

3d
30-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Can everybody shut up about that ? fgs there is no flippin proof yet your so quick to judge

30-03-2007, 02:29 PM
If Iran were the biggest threat when they supposeidly had 300 Nukes, it would of been a Cold War between us.

USA and Iran haver never gotten along well and Iran would of used Nukes against Iraqi forces in the 80's if they had any nukes.

Tiuhdur
30-03-2007, 02:37 PM
it was before then that they had nukelear capeability before the 80s not recently. the documentry was recently not the nuclears. i think they were conviscated and destroyed cant remember much

2hd.
30-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm up for a UN sanctioned war. ;)

However, IMO, every other country should just freeze them out. No import/export (however enemies of the West would probably take no notice).

And @ the person that said Israel are a threat, i'm pretty sure they're on good terms with us.

DiscoPat
30-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah they have Nuclear Power but haven't developed a weapon yet, but they will because what would a Oil rich nation like Iran need Nuclear Power for?

The fact is they don't, they are using the power issue as a cover up for creating a weapon which is a horrible thing.

In fact, they do. They showed a couple of there nuclear powered weapons some time ago on TV, when they were doing some military day thing. And you say "Cover up for creating a weapon which is a horrible thing", Eh uh, Excuse me? America, UK, Israel, Germany, France and a few more countries, have Nuclear power, so why cant Iran? And if your gonna go on about "they use it for power only" your mistaken, then have Nuclear weapons which they will use for self defence so I don't see why Iran shouldn't continue developing their Nuclear technology.:$

Adding to that, some of you think its some kind of a football match where they just bomb each other, well its not. Just because Iran made nuclear power/weapons, doesn't mean they will automatically start showing of by bombarding random countries. However I'm sure we all agree that if UK does decide to go to war, which is in my opinion nearly impossible, then Iran and UK will consider using Nuclear power, but other countries will calm it down as other countries will get affected as well.

Some of you really like hyping it lol:rolleyes:

Oni
30-03-2007, 03:37 PM
No, I didnt back Iraq [London protests] and I wont back this.
1.We have nuclear weapons, Iran dont
2.They arent even developing them
3.Who are we to stop them, we have nuclear weapons
4.War is morally wrong.

alexxxxx
30-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Iran can't really destroy Britain from where they are atm. And we'd know about it. MI5 is on the case.

2hd.
30-03-2007, 03:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Luckyrare
30-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Yes I would and if I was the right age I would fight in it.

BTW, we dont know that they have them. They know we have them. Plus we have one of the best armed forces in the world. If they did kill the captures, I am pretty sure we would have pently on backup (Europe, US and possibly Russia). I wouldnt class Iraq as a war, more of a stabilization.

Regarding the 15 people they say where in their waters, Iran is pathetic. I think they where in Iraqi waters, if they where in Irans waters (they have no proof, our GPS systems showed them in Iraq waters).

Browney
30-03-2007, 04:05 PM
If neccessary. But I don't see 15 soldiers as an issue. We can solve this by talking, not gunfire.

I would like to see a "civil war" from the eastern countries against the USA.

Funky
30-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Britain lost many men in Iraq, now there just gonna loose more.
I dont support Iran, though there is no proof that they didint enter Iranian waters.

Browney
30-03-2007, 04:39 PM
I dont support Iran, though there is no proof that they didint enter Iranian waters.

Having fun in that cave of yours? It's been all over the news that we have GPS and photos to prove we were in Iraq waters.

Yum999
30-03-2007, 05:07 PM
What Iran is doing now is a publicity stunt, to try and scare the rest of the world. They know our sailors were in Iraqi waters.

America is looking for a reason to go to war with Iran, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

If it does, I will back it 100%. I think wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were unjustified, but if a country is defying United Nations orders (and it is part of the UN) then we have every right to use military action to keep them in check.

For further information on the sailor story, click the link.

http://www.habbox.com/site/content/view/2272/95/

It's the story I wrote on Habbox this morning.

Eckuii
30-03-2007, 05:09 PM

Lol, where have you been?
Even on Prime Ministers question time the other day, Tony Blair said that Iran gave co-ordinates where the ships were, and then Britain confirmed that that was in fact Iraqi waters, and then Iran came back with a different set of co-ordinates with the ships in Iran waters, HELLO? :P

All this talk about Nuclear weapons and stuff, Iran probably dont know how to use them, and hopefully America or England could send in Special Forces to get rid of them, or track them down or something.

I hope we dont go to stablize Iran, because then we loose more men, which we dont want.

Jazza
30-03-2007, 05:49 PM
If it became serious (like WWII serious) I would definately fight, I would certainly support a war which protects Great Britain from any foreign enemy. However unless it was a war in which bombs were dropping on both sides or they had weapons which could be used against us, I don't think I'd support it.

RedStratocas
30-03-2007, 06:58 PM
No, because it can be solved without violence. The old Iranian hostage crisis was a different story because that was actual violence. This hostage crisis is pretty much just Iran crying out for attention. The only thing the hostages are suffering from is boredom. They'll let them go eventually, they're just being stubborn. No need for hundreds maybe thousands of people die for something you can just let go. And as for nuclear weapons, no nation smart enough to actual get nuclear weapons actually uses them, because the U.S. has enough to destroy the world 15 times over. Everyone's got the bomb. I've got the bomb. Keep it under my bed.

The point is that war should ALWAYS be last resort. Everything else must fail, or there must be no other safe options. In this case, there are clearly options.

--ss--
30-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't normaly but as they are making nuclear weapons , yes I would back it.
I don't agree on them killing inicient people but they might destroy the earth with the weapons.

RedStratocas
30-03-2007, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't normaly but as they are making nuclear weapons , yes I would back it.
I don't agree on them killing inicient people but they might destroy the earth with the weapons.

And North Korea, Russia, India and Pakistan wont?

DiscoPat
30-03-2007, 08:17 PM
No, because it can be solved without violence. The old Iranian hostage crisis was a different story because that was actual violence. This hostage crisis is pretty much just Iran crying out for attention. The only thing the hostages are suffering from is boredom. They'll let them go eventually, they're just being stubborn. No need for hundreds maybe thousands of people die for something you can just let go. And as for nuclear weapons, no nation smart enough to actual get nuclear weapons actually uses them, because the U.S. has enough to destroy the world 15 times over. Everyone's got the bomb. I've got the bomb. Keep it under my bed.

The point is that war should ALWAYS be last resort. Everything else must fail, or there must be no other safe options. In this case, there are clearly options.

I have to agree with you there, the nuclear bombing is kind of irrelivent and it wont be used over somthing which can be sorted by talking.

Tiuhdur
31-03-2007, 09:13 AM
they arnt making nukes atm they have none as it says in wikipedia. the fact of the matter of the nukes was iran signed all these "non nuke" forms etc but made the nukes anyway without un concent. instead the iranians said it was for power but they were found out. THEY ARNT MAKING NUKES NOW :)

01-04-2007, 10:24 PM
In fact, they do. They showed a couple of there nuclear powered weapons some time ago on TV, when they were doing some military day thing. And you say "Cover up for creating a weapon which is a horrible thing", Eh uh, Excuse me? America, UK, Israel, Germany, France and a few more countries, have Nuclear power, so why cant Iran? And if your gonna go on about "they use it for power only" your mistaken, then have Nuclear weapons which they will use for self defence so I don't see why Iran shouldn't continue developing their Nuclear technology.:$

Adding to that, some of you think its some kind of a football match where they just bomb each other, well its not. Just because Iran made nuclear power/weapons, doesn't mean they will automatically start showing of by bombarding random countries. However I'm sure we all agree that if UK does decide to go to war, which is in my opinion nearly impossible, then Iran and UK will consider using Nuclear power, but other countries will calm it down as other countries will get affected as well.

Some of you really like hyping it lol:rolleyes:

The reason why I wouldn't want Iran making Nuclear Weapons is because they have a CRACKPOT in power who says Isreal should be wiped from the face of the earth.

UK wouldn't Nuke Iran unless Iran had Nuclear Weapons and were going to fire at us, the whole point of Trident is to stop other countrys harming us.

If we do go to war with them then it would be a war were we would just go on and take control, no nukes.

:LeKevin:
01-04-2007, 10:30 PM
they arnt making nukes atm they have none as it says in wikipedia. the fact of the matter of the nukes was iran signed all these "non nuke" forms etc but made the nukes anyway without un concent. instead the iranians said it was for power but they were found out. THEY ARNT MAKING NUKES NOW :)
Wikipedia can't always be trusted as it's updated by randoms half the time...

Joemaphobe
01-04-2007, 10:46 PM
I Fully back a war with Iran.
If they do provoke thing further

Within a few days the US & British & Commonwealth Air forces could destroy all of Iran's Nuclear installations.
As well as most/all major military bases.

Iran are brain washing there children into hating jews & the west with books teaching them to hate.
They are the equivalent 'Biff & Chip' ones we have here.

RedStratocas
02-04-2007, 12:31 AM
The reason why I wouldn't want Iran making Nuclear Weapons is because they have a CRACKPOT in power who says Isreal should be wiped from the face of the earth.

UK wouldn't Nuke Iran unless Iran had Nuclear Weapons and were going to fire at us, the whole point of Trident is to stop other countrys harming us.

If we do go to war with them then it would be a war were we would just go on and take control, no nukes.

The whole "wipe Isreal from the map thing" was taken way out of context. If you read the rest of the speech, he didnt mean destroy Isreal and kill all Jews. He meant he didnt think people in the middle east should have to pay (as in give away parts of their land) for the holocaust. He meant-- litterally-- wipe it from the map. He's crazy, ill give you that, but definatly not as crazy as Kim Jong Ill

FlyingJesus
02-04-2007, 11:17 AM
And North Korea, Russia, India and Pakistan wont?

Yeah but we can't attack them, they're 'ard.

I'd be in support of the war if it meant my own safety.

Browney
02-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Yeah but we can't attack them, they're 'ard.

I'd be in support of the war if it meant my own safety.

Innit.

Well, more and more videos getting leaked.

OMGitsaROSS
02-04-2007, 11:53 AM
If it became serious (like WWII serious) I would definately fight, I would certainly support a war which protects Great Britain from any foreign enemy. However unless it was a war in which bombs were dropping on both sides or they had weapons which could be used against us, I don't think I'd support it.
I would fight regardless of age. I would actually lie (H)

Jamie!
02-04-2007, 12:19 PM
irans nuclear programme isn't as advanced as needed be to make nuclear weapons yet.. also, before going to war, we would most likely stop imports/exports or stop something with to do with their economy.

(heard that on bbc/sky news^)

Funky
02-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Having fun in that cave of yours? It's been all over the news that we have GPS and photos to prove we were in Iraq waters.
Well, the Iranians have proof that the UK apologied and said they woulld come to a political negotiation, after Iran told them them came to the with a straight ' NO ' they got this probly fake proof, its not impossible to fake GPS my friends.

Browney
02-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Well, the Iranians have proof that the UK apologied and said they woulld come to a political negotiation, after Iran told them them came to the with a straight ' NO ' they got this probly fake proof, its not impossible to fake GPS my friends.

And its not impossible to force prisoners of war to lie.

Minstrels
02-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Meh if they did have nuclear weapons that would be one country worth, if
they fired them UK AND USA would fire theres. Meaning two on one. Meaning mass destruction in Iran. Then we all party and say there is peace on earth and we all get drunk and forget about Iraq and they make a secret bomb and kill us all k? :P

FlyingJesus
02-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Meh if they did have nuclear weapons that would be one country worth, if
they fired them UK AND USA would fire theres. Meaning two on one. Meaning mass destruction in Iran. Then we all party and say there is peace on earth and we all get drunk and forget about Iraq and they make a secret bomb and kill us all k? :P

Nice theory, but bombs hurt. Nuclear bombs hurt even more.

PaintYourTarget
03-04-2007, 12:14 AM
And its not impossible to force prisoners of war to lie.
Exactly.
In fact, the troops would be jumping at the opportunity to go on tv and read some forced statement. It shows their families back home that they are alive and well. Iran are just doing it for attention and for national pride, they'll get bored soon enough.

But, the reason for war in Iran would be exactly the same as the war in Iraq. We suspect they have WMD. That's it. We have no other basis for war other than this slight hiccup.

I'm going to leave on the note that we all know Area51 exists, we just don't know what they're testing. All the Iranian Nuclear 'Power' plants exist, we just don't know what they're producing.

Even if they have produced Nuclear Warheads, they only have the missile and bomber range to hit our troops in Iraq, not the actual British Isles.

Desjardens
03-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Just let them go, and never talk again... geez

Browney
03-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Exactly.
In fact, the troops would be jumping at the opportunity to go on tv and read some forced statement. It shows their families back home that they are alive and well. Iran are just doing it for attention and for national pride, they'll get bored soon enough.

They have become propaganda items. I don't think they have any intention of killing them. But they are getting paraded around on television. It raises some well needed morale in Iran. It's not military, it's politics.

.:.K13ran.:.
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM
If I was Blair, I Wud Say To The Iranians, If u dont give bak our men, within 24 hours The UK Will Declare War On Iran!

Then, because Iran are a weak country, they'll most likely obey the UK, but if they dont most of the World would back britain and defeat Iran!

Then Iran would be part of the UK Empire! and UK would capture all there oil :)

Sawks
03-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Yeah but think about the men who have to leave the country e.g. like my brother hes in the army and ive only just met him and it's like he leaves without a thanks and my niece is sat there waiting to hear from him it's worrying so whats the point of declaring a war cant we just wait and see after a long time declar war! xD

Jamie!
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
the iranian president has just said in a press conference that he is going to release the british sailors..

cocaine
04-04-2007, 01:34 PM
i wouldnt back it

mainly because they'd blow us off the map.

04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
i wouldnt back it

mainly because they'd blow us off the map.

They can't blow us off the map :P

They have no nuclear weapons and we have 180'ish nuclear warheads + america and other allies.

Also it looks like it's been resolved, it'll be interesting to see what the hostages say if they get home.

Jamie!
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
he said he is releasing them as a gift. :rolleyes:

alexxxxx
04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
not now i wouldn't.

Mr.OSH
06-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Nope I wouldn't back any wars to be honest.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!