PDA

View Full Version : vip sub-forums

the wombats
30-03-2007, 10:11 AM
with VIPs now needing to pay for the sub-forums i think one of the current from features should be increased like avatar size or signature image size ect. or the amount of rep u get a month..

summer
30-03-2007, 10:13 AM
i agree!

---MAD---
30-03-2007, 10:19 AM
We will think about that.

The problem with increasing image sizes further is that people with slower internet speeds will have difficulty viewing threads.

the wombats
30-03-2007, 10:20 AM
We will think about that.

The problem with increasing image sizes further is that people with slower internet speeds will have difficulty viewing threads.

it could be improving a different feature not just image ones...

---MAD---
30-03-2007, 10:25 AM
it could be improving a different feature not just image ones...
Ok, ill discuss this with the rest of forum management :).

Edit: I have just added some new games to the arcade btw :).

MAD

T0M
30-03-2007, 10:45 AM
i agree with what alcohol said, if you're taking away something we have been getting for paying, then you should be adding/increasing something so that it evens out and we dont lose out on what we've been paying for tbh

the wombats
30-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Ok, ill discuss this with the rest of forum management :).

Edit: I have just added some new games to the arcade btw :).

MAD

oh kk! what is likely to be improved?

Biogeneric1
30-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Not bigger avatars, its fine how it is.
But yeah, defiantly more features now subforums have gone.
I would say more rep per month, 15 rep isn't that much.

Barkseh2131
30-03-2007, 01:45 PM
i only bought vip for the sub-forum, now its getting removed... does tht mean one gets his money back? :rolleyes:

uh huh her
30-03-2007, 01:48 PM
imo you shouldn't get more rep, yeh your paying for vip. but being able to buy reputation defines the point of having it.

Caution
30-03-2007, 01:49 PM
imo you shouldn't get more rep, yeh your paying for vip. but being able to buy reputation defines the point of having it.
yeah ^^.

imo reputation has to be earned.

T0M
30-03-2007, 01:52 PM
yeah ^^.

imo reputation has to be earned.

True but what could be added to VIP features if not rep?
I know there are options just which would be best to add/change

GoldenMerc
30-03-2007, 01:55 PM
25 rep points sounds better,Although rep doesnt avolve around my life,
I dont think getting bigger avatar's would attract me,I cba changing ;D.
What about VIP;s can post annoucements ;D

T0M
30-03-2007, 02:02 PM

Good idea but they will say it will be abused, and people will just dos tupid announcements for the sake of it =( Cool idea though

Caution
30-03-2007, 02:02 PM
then when you refresh new posts you have loads of spam announcments that stick at the top.

Yoshimitsui
30-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Maye make a VIP Announcements forum under the curent one. Or some where else that enabls VIPS to use it.

HaboCola
30-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Yea, I agree with alcohol too. Its a great idea.. Offtopic: Lol at your avatar, Hoody!

Nixt
30-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah I think we should be given something extra if such a big part of VIP is taken away. I know we are quite different to platinum members but stripping that feature brings us closer to them and that may upset a few people as it did when the new user ranks were first introduced, so it would be a good idea to do something extra for Forum VIPs :).

Seatherny
30-03-2007, 06:58 PM
It should be removed from the people who buy VIP from today. People who bought VIP before the announcement paid for the sub-forum, so they should be allowed to keep it untill their subscription runs out.

Its like you buying SKY, and then sky going "soz, we cant handle so many channels, so you will only get the 5 standard channels".

brandon
30-03-2007, 07:07 PM
It should be removed from the people who buy VIP from today. People who bought VIP before the announcement paid for the sub-forum, so they should be allowed to keep it untill their subscription runs out.

Its like you buying SKY, and then sky going "soz, we cant handle so many channels, so you will only get the 5 standard channel".
exactly

I FINK VIPS SHUD HAV BIGGER AVATARS, PPL WIV SLOW CONNECTIONS DAT IS DER PROBLEM INIT. BROADBAND IS THE WAY FORWARD.

Caution
30-03-2007, 07:08 PM
exactly

I FINK VIPS SHUD HAV BIGGER AVATARS, PPL WIV SLOW CONNECTIONS DAT IS DER PROBLEM INIT. BROADBAND IS THE WAY FORWARD.
LOL.

Its like you buying SKY, and then sky going "soz, we cant handle so many channels, so you will only get the 5 standard channel".
agreed.;)

awelsh
30-03-2007, 08:39 PM
How is this slow

Page generated in 0.44152 seconds with 10 queries

It loads in less than a second with v.i.p sub-forums.

Also, if no body else noticed they have disallowed us access to the mod-cp which v.i.ps used to be able to use to moderate their sub forum and add little announcements to the top of it. They didnt tell anyone about that though.

Why dony you just delete members that havent logged in in a year, that will be better than removing our features.

---MAD---
30-03-2007, 11:07 PM
How is this slow

It loads in less than a second with v.i.p sub-forums.

Also, if no body else noticed they have disallowed us access to the mod-cp which v.i.ps used to be able to use to moderate their sub forum and add little announcements to the top of it. They didnt tell anyone about that though.

Why dony you just delete members that havent logged in in a year, that will be better than removing our features.
That is the speed that the page is generated not the page it loads onto your screen. Its quite hard to describe the difference, you could ask in the tech forums :).

MAD

T0M
30-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Tbh guys if it will help habbox overall then it aint really a problem is it?

We will get a boost in something else im sure, most of management here is fair

nvrspk4
31-03-2007, 02:30 AM
i only bought vip for the sub-forum, now its getting removed... does tht mean one gets his money back? :rolleyes:

No, you can still request it but you only have a week from today to request it. After that you keep it till VIP runs out.

It is being done like that.

samsaBEAR
31-03-2007, 09:48 AM
like people said, we should get more features, coz it seems that we're getting closer to the platinum members like garion said, but we pay for it.

nvrspk4
31-03-2007, 06:31 PM
There's a thread in the VIP Lounge to suggest features, if you suggest to us workable features we will look into it :)

benjamin
31-03-2007, 06:33 PM
subforums are crap anyway

Caution
31-03-2007, 06:36 PM
subforums are crap anyway
yh. i don't see why someone would pay for one as well, lol.

Seatherny
31-03-2007, 08:22 PM
It is being done like that.

MAD didn't make it very clear untill I asked Freak :p

---MAD---
01-04-2007, 03:54 PM
MAD didn't make it very clear untill I asked Freak :p
Ah, I apologise. Next time big changes happen, I will try and summarise it like 8freak8 has :).

Smiddy
02-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Just a little suggestion..

If it's the length of time people actually use the VIP Sub-forums for, why not make it available for those who purchase 3 or 6 months VIP who can get the VIP Sub-forum?

'Cos i'm sure all the people who just buy 1 month's of VIP don't (or shouldn't anyway) get enough time to really make the most of their sub-forum? If they do, then it probably hasn't been deleted after their VIP ran out..

People will probably think this is unfair, but I think it's more pratical, since if you buy more months it costs less anyway.. so instead of extra charges, you're charging less, but also get more features -shrugs-

yeah i'm babbling now

boyslikegirls
02-04-2007, 12:14 AM
i think there should be like where you can have one of yer infractions taken away once a month or so.

Caution
02-04-2007, 12:16 AM
they are? they expire.

boyslikegirls
02-04-2007, 12:26 AM
they are? they expire.
after two months they do.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!