PDA

View Full Version : Uhm...

Seren
30-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Seeing as we can buy VIP, +Rep and a Sub-Forum, you might aswell make it so we can buy -rep aswell. You seem to be selling everything else these days. You never know, you might even make more money from it!

Caution
30-03-2007, 03:19 PM
er, what..:s

T0M
30-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Seeing as we can buy VIP, +Rep and a Sub-Forum, you might aswell make it so we can buy -rep aswell. You seem to be selling everything else these days. You never know, you might even make more money from it!

Fair point :P i think its a bit extreme to take away a VIP privellidge ( not sure on spelling there ) and make us pay for it, getting bit like Habbo now, anything for cash :l

Barkseh2131
30-03-2007, 03:21 PM
who would be sad enough to buy -rep??

Seren
30-03-2007, 03:22 PM
who would be sad enough to buy a sub-forum?

T0M
30-03-2007, 03:22 PM

obviously exaggerating to make his point....

Barkseh2131
30-03-2007, 03:23 PM
who would be sad enough to buy a sub-forum?

exactly.

nvrspk4
31-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Ok, while I didn't agree with it from the start, once they pointed out the reasons I understood why. The reasons were not financial but more technical.

On VBulletin.com they suggest you not have too many forums, a maximum of 700. We have about that many, if not more in the VIP Subforums. It causes a huge performance issue. The purpose of making people pay is to decrease the number of subforums, therefore decreasing stress on the server and increasing HabboxForum.com's speed and load times.

We are not doing it because we want more money, its being done because the current situation is putting a huge stress on the forum and the server and something had to be done to rectify it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!