PDA

View Full Version : PowerPanel [Continued]

Invent
30-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey,

I have received a record number of PM's this past week regarding PowerPanel, so to save sending about 150+ PM's here is the story.

My laptop broke and I lost the NEWER files.
The older copy which is very buggy and unstable is being used by some fansites like BobbleFM so if worst comes to worst I can just get that back and start work again.

I'm still trying to repair my laptop, so give me two weeks max and I should have HOPEFULLY begun work or released it.

-Simon

Hxf Santa
30-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Alright.

Puma
30-03-2007, 06:10 PM
:( okies well good luck

F32
30-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Sorry - but you're dragging this on too long.

Me and some other people actually think you're now taking the ****.

Luke
30-03-2007, 06:12 PM
omgs :(, this started and was FIRSTLY supposed to release in march 3rd or somit lmao

keeps delaying ^^

Oni
Why create a new thread?

Hxf Santa
LUKE exactly

Invent
30-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Luke you're talking **. I never specified a release date. I just said coming March.

Which is now obviously untrue and I apologise for that.

Adam, come on you know how much I wan't to release it, people know I made it (including you) so you know it exists. I want to get it out but I can't. Its very frustrating.

Rockstar
30-03-2007, 06:14 PM
CANT WAIT

Invent
30-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I thought I would get a little more support (Thanks Kosmickitten :)) because during the time that I haven't been able to release PP. I have taken time to code new things for the community (EG/ The PowerPod, PowerText, etc) and I'm hoping to make more :(

Luke
30-03-2007, 06:20 PM
sorry about above ^^

i have a suggestion

why not when power panel is ready, out all the script you've made in the mean time into a whole big zip

and call it Powerpack

Invent
30-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Exactly what I'm planning to do :)

F32
30-03-2007, 06:24 PM
You've been saying you'll release it for over 3 months now.

Invent
30-03-2007, 06:26 PM
No I havnt ha :p

I've only EVER said I will definately release in March [:

Luke
30-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Exactley what i'm planning to do :)

gdgd,

r u gonna call it
PowerPack???

Invent
30-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Probably ;)

JK
30-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I Dont realy know why some people are complaining about the PowerePanel not being released yet. It is not as if he has too do it. Give the guy some credit, he is releasing a free Radio panel for you.

Borat.
30-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh good luck with that simon. And thanks for powerpod. Awesome script. Keep up the good work and I hope to see powerpanel soon :]

DaveTaylor
30-03-2007, 07:38 PM
connect your laptop via a usb or firewire you can connect to the HDD like that when its powered on so you can access files ;)

F32
30-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I Dont realy know why some people are complaining about the PowerePanel not being released yet. It is not as if he has too do it. Give the guy some credit, he is releasing a free Radio panel for you.
I've been giving him credit for too long.

3 months he's been bulling.

Recursion
30-03-2007, 07:48 PM
1. Its free, if he wanted he could scrap it or sudenly want money for it
2. Hes releasing other scripts to make up for it...

Invent
30-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks Tom. +Rep

F32
30-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Tom, you've been leaking over this for ages so obviously you're going to do that.

I fail to see why, you can release what... 3 scripts in the time when you could've done PP...

Nothing makes sense.

Invent
30-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Because I've finished it and I dont feel the need to re-make what took me weeks to fix.

The 3 scripts I've made are very simple aswell imo.

F32
30-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Just, release it then?

Surely if BobbleFM uses it and has had no problems then it's good enough for small-town fansites...

Invent
30-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh you don't know half of the bugs and exploits in their copy.

Tom (Tomm on here) has already told me about how he got into the panel :P

Recursion
30-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Tom, you've been leaking over this for ages so obviously you're going to do that.

Whats that supposed to mean?

F32
30-03-2007, 08:02 PM
You've been sucking up to Si and freaking out over the release of a script.

DaveTaylor
30-03-2007, 08:05 PM
e-fight!!!!!!

Invent
30-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Lmao ^

You've been sucking up to Si and freaking out over the release of a script.

Now I know I sound pathetic, but there is no need to be mean ;p

F32
30-03-2007, 08:07 PM
What is there to be mean about?

You're taking the ****.

Recursion
30-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Hmmm how am I? Im on Simon's side so that makes me a suck-up ? Hmm yeh right...

eFight TIME!! >=[

Invent
30-03-2007, 08:09 PM
What is there to be mean about?

You're taking the ****.

Right now im getting annoyed.

Please explain how the **** im taking the ******* **** when im releasing a script for free? Im contributing to the Forum Community, thats a lot more than most members do on this forum.

F32
30-03-2007, 08:10 PM
You've been releasing this script for OVER 3 months now.

That's taking the ****.

Promising things you cannot deliver.

Recursion
30-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Hmmm how am I? Im on Simon's side so that makes me a suck-up ? Hmm yeh right...

eFight TIME!! >=[

Take note of my Post.

Xeoro SHUT UP. Simon releases great free scripts and so deserves what we are giving him? (kindness ;) and being on his side).

I would not call this 'sucking-up' as such but maybe we are 'e-friends' ?

Invent
30-03-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't want us to lose our 'e-friendship', But how many times, Ad?

I never said I was going to release it in January or February, I've only EVER ******* said March.

Now I'm off for a bit, so please don't expect a reply if you post.

F32
30-03-2007, 08:13 PM
No, I shall not shut up because one, insignificant individual tells me too - I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you are.

-::Mr.Dave::-
Its not

You cant help a hard drive breaking

You cant say Ill have my hard drive break today

Hardware is bound to have faults eventually

I lost 2 hard drives with coursework on and couldnt recover it. It was annoying but i redid it and it was 2 weeks late

Simon created PP on his laptop. Unfortunately his hard drive broke. Theres nothing you can do except attempt a recovery.

Give the guy some chance

F32
^- Promising things he cannot deliver.

Simon promised it'd be out - it's not, whey hey.

22nd of January

We hope to have it released VERY soon (within the next few weeks if not days).

Frog!
30-03-2007, 08:15 PM
You've been releasing this script for OVER 3 months now.

That's taking the ****.

Promising things you cannot deliver.
Adam, you've said this many a time.

"It's free, he doesn't have to release it if he doesn't want to.."

Invent
30-03-2007, 08:15 PM
How in the hell is that a promise? ;)

" We hope ".

Now, I'm off :P

Recursion
30-03-2007, 08:16 PM
**** OFF. HE CANT JUST SAY OK IM BORED OF THIS HARD DRIVE PLEASE BREAK.

***. Just leave Simon alone. He didn't PROMISE anything, you cant really promise anything over the internet...

Oni
30-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I always have 'eFights' with Adam but for once I agree. This could have been posted in the old thread, but nope, you wanted more 'publicity'.

Invent
30-03-2007, 08:17 PM
No, because it wouldnt stop the PM's if I didnt make a new thread of an entirely new topic.

F32
30-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Adam, you've said this many a time.

"It's free, he doesn't have to release it if he doesn't want to.."

Until now, because it's gotten stupid.

As for you, 'Jaffa Cakes' - if you cannot "promise things over the internet" - why do it?

You're taking to extreme measures of immaturity when you could, settle this like men but no...

JK
30-03-2007, 08:19 PM
No, I shall not shut up because one, insignificant individual tells me too - I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you are.

Oooo Go Adam lol,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslo i feel that the PowerPanel should not of been publisiced untill it was very nearly complete to stop this situation hapening

F32
30-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Oooo Go Adam lol,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslo i feel that the PowerPanel should not of been publisiced untill it was very nearly complete to stop this situation hapening
That's your first post, that I've seen, that actually has a valid point xD

Invent
30-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Thing is IT WAS NEAR COMPLETION!

It was all set for release.

I finished it at the end of Feb and hoped to release mid-march around the time of all the DJ Panels.

Its not my ******* fault my laptop broke.

F32
30-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Don't make promises you cannot keep.

Maybe you've learnt a lesson, Invent.

Blob
30-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Always keep backups on -

Pen drives
The internet
Your computer
Another computer

JK
30-03-2007, 08:28 PM
That's your first post, that I've seen, that actually has a valid point xD

Lol. I Have lots of wisdom

Recursion
30-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Cant you get it back with ERD Commander or something ?

Mr.OSH
30-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Right, listen anyone who is angry at Simon just think about it for a second. Why would Simon say that he was going to release a Panel just to get publicity? It doesn't make allot of sense does it? Hes created lots of good scripts before and he isn't that stupid to claim that he is creating something he can't and thinking he could get away with it. I do not see what aim Simon would have in doing this and therefore I don't think he did anything. I've had similar things happen before, I've been working on projects on my "test" PC and the hard drive has messed up. These things happen, Elliot's PC's hard drive screwed up just a week ago and he lost allot of work. I can image that quite easily the same thing could have happened to Simon. It isn't fair that he is now being bullied. He has admitted maybe that he set the release date wrong and I'm sure hes sorry about that. Overall its a free project and I don't think Simon would be lying, we have seen he can create these things. We all saw the PowerPod so I can't see why he wouldn't have been able to create PowerPanel. Listen Simon I would just release a "prototype" version of what you have left of PowerPanel to prover that you have created it, then it would shut anyone up who is claiming that you are lying. I wouldn't care if there was not a release for 5 more months to be honest, everyone needs to remember its Simon's Project not yours and he can delay its release until it rains cows if he wants, so everyone please just shut up.. + rep to Simon for creating good scripts and ignoring these guys.

I can completely understand why everyone is angry at Simon but you need to just give him a chance to prove himself. I don't think hes lying but thats my opinion, I just think everyone should give him a chance.

Hypertext
30-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Ill +rep..
But my status barvanishedjust as i get 4 stars ::((((((

F32
30-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Right, listen anyone who is angry at Simon just think about it for a second. Why would Simon say that he was going to release a Panel just to get publicity? It doesn't make allot of sense does it? Hes created lots of good scripts before and he isn't that stupid to claim that he is creating something he can't and thinking he could get away with it. I do not see what aim Simon would have in doing this and therefore I don't think he did anything. I've had similar things happen before, I've been working on projects on my "test" PC and the hard drive has messed up. These things happen, Elliot's PC's hard drive screwed up just a week ago and he lost allot of work. I can image that quite easily the same thing could have happened to Simon. It isn't fair that he is now being bullied. He has admitted maybe that he set the release date wrong and I'm sure hes sorry about that. Overall its a free project and I don't think Simon would be lying, we have seen he can create these things. We all saw the PowerPod so I can't see why he wouldn't have been able to create PowerPanel. Listen Simon I would just release a "prototype" version of what you have left of PowerPanel to prover that you have created it, then it would shut anyone up who is claiming that you are lying. I wouldn't care if there was not a release for 5 more months to be honest, everyone needs to remember its Simon's Project not yours and he can delay its release until it rains cows if he wants, so everyone please just shut up.. + rep Simon for creating good scripts and ignoring these guys.

I can completely understand why everyone is angry at Simon but you need to just give him a chance to prove himself. I don't think hes lying but thats my opinion, I just think everyone should give him a chance.
I read up the first line.

I know Simon - I know he wouldn't lie; It's just friggin aggravating.

Mr.OSH
30-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I read up the first line.

I know Simon - I know he wouldn't lie; It's just friggin aggravating.

I understand its annoying just give him a chance and remember I'm sure he only wants it to be really good when It is released so give him some time to perfect his work. :D I hope that we can all get along again, I very much dislike e-fighting.

jarhead!
30-03-2007, 09:41 PM
jesus - SImon is doing the best he can, so what his harddrives broke? mine broke yesterday, and a week before today, why? becasue i kept downloading ****, dus i lost a lot of work including finnaces (dad) emails (inportant) and I lost a panel which i was working on..

Point is, just leave it out adam, your having a fight with someone over the tinternet, go to his house and kill him if your that desperrate

- Hayley.

Mr.OSH
30-03-2007, 09:43 PM
jesus - SImon is doing the best he can, so what his harddrives broke? mine broke yesterday, and a week before today, why? becasue i kept downloading ****, dus i lost a lot of work including finnaces (dad) emails (inportant) and I lost a panel which i was working on..

Point is, just leave it out adam, your having a fight with someone over the tinternet, go to his house and kill him if your that desperrate

- Hayley.

Your right I'm sure Simon is working to the best of his ability on PowerPanel.

Blob
30-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Your right I'm sure Simon is working to the best of his ability on PowerPanel.

Can you stop using bold

F32
30-03-2007, 09:54 PM

- Hayley.
Who's fighting?

I'm merely exchanging my opinions... openly.

Mr.OSH
30-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Who's fighting?

I'm merely exchanging my opinions... openly.

Well at one point it looked as if it was about to escalate into a fight.

Can you stop using bold

OK, sorry I was just trying to get a point across. :p

wilky15
30-03-2007, 10:37 PM
this is what i gotta say about this.

For one, telling the public about a script your working on is never a good idea. Why? You get bugged and people get mad at you and this is what happens.

2. No offence simon i have nothing agianst you but i don't think your laptop "BROKE" if it did sorry about that. But seeing as it was expected to be released around now or so i think u made that up.

3. I agree with every1 saying he said it would come out soon. Its always, im just finishing sum stuff i dun want it to bed bad blah blah blah.

4. Wait for kristall panel, its going to be better, more secure, and probally it won't be delayed for ages like pp.

Thats all i gotta say.

Invent
30-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Your entitled to your opinion and I respect that "wilky". But you have no proof to say that KP will be better?

My laptop did break and I can even record what happens if you like and upload it :]

F32
30-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Hook HDD up to Desktop?
Get previous version from BFM?

It all seems too surreal - the way you put off the release date and then, suddenly your laptop broke.

Borat.
30-03-2007, 10:55 PM
2 words: Sods law.

These things happen and tbh, u cant control them. If his laptop broke, his laptop broke. Theres nothing you can do about it adam so y dont u just shut up, sit tight and wait till its fixed and released? Thank you.

Invent
30-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Hook HDD up to Desktop?

Explain that through to me and ill do it :)

Mr.OSH
31-03-2007, 12:14 AM

I'm sure there must be a way you can recover it all? Also are you sure you didn't back it up any were? Online for testing or something maybe?

Agnostic Bear
31-03-2007, 05:38 AM

Wouldn't work would it, the hd's for laptops can't be connected via normal pc cables can they?

Edit: Don't mention other panels in Invent's threads, tis not nice.

Recursion
31-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Wouldn't work would it, the hd's for laptops can't be connected via normal pc cables can they?

No, they are smaller than normal HDs and dont generally use the normal connections.

Get ERD Commander, and you can copy the files over the network to another PC.

Luke
31-03-2007, 07:28 AM

i've done it beore, when my laptop gots a virus, i boot a docking station (get them from pc world) and u use a usb cable to put it in yr desktop, yr desktop then destroys the virus, and a list of your files come up as a removable drive

simple its like a HUGE removaable disk

sure it will cost you a couple of pounds for the docking thing (WHICH U PUT YR HARDDRIVE IN) but its handy, and means you can use your laptop hard drive anywhere.

and get powerpanel back ^^

Recursion
31-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Removing Laptop Harddrives generally mean opening up the laptop and voiding the warranty and also runnig the risk of not being able to put it back togethor...

Hayd93
31-03-2007, 08:55 AM
WOW WOW WOW come on guys they are doing this for free it is not like u gotta pay and belive me it is worth the wait i ws a dj on bobble fm and even the older beta version is mint i prommise u just keep waiting because it is welll worth it

o and invent well done it is a mint panel and any1 who moans or says it's takeing ages are noobs because u r doin a great thing for the comunity sitck at it :)

F32
31-03-2007, 09:41 AM

You know what else isn't nice?

Arrogance, and broken promises tbh.

Recursion
31-03-2007, 11:15 AM
You know what else isn't nice?

Arrogance, and broken promises tbh.

OH SHUT THE HELL UP.

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator) : Please do not be rude to others.

F32
31-03-2007, 11:19 AM
OH SHUT THE HELL UP.
No.

Why should I?

Because I make an extremely valid point that you cannot try and counter?

Invent
31-03-2007, 01:11 PM
I tried using ERD Commander but when I boot it and it does the network connection thing it says the driver can't be found and then when it comes to the OS selection, it says it has root access but can't detect a copy of windows so it won't let me do anything :/

I'm going to look around the net/shops for one of those docking stations and try that.

I'm also thinking about just getting a copy of a Windows XP SP2 Setup Disk with the recovery console as I think if I run the command "Chkdsk" and "bootfix" then my problem will be solved, as I believe my problem has something to do with my boot.ini file.

Edit: Oh and thanks Dan [:

Homosexual
31-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Can you stop BULLING? It's getting on my nerves, I've read this whole thread and the poor bloke has been doing loads of stuff for you, it's FREE, too, open source. Go buy one if your so desperate!

Mr.OSH
31-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Can you stop BULLING? It's getting on my nerves, I've read this whole thread and the poor bloke has been doing loads of stuff for you, it's FREE, too, open source. Go buy one if your so desperate!
Agreed :)

Homosexual
31-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Exactly. It's like you've made this really cool cake but you need to add icing... and you need to go get the icing but it takes ages to find it. Grow up!

Hxf Santa
31-03-2007, 10:55 PM
You've been working for ages

ScottDiamond
01-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Sorry - but you're dragging this on too long.

Me and some other people actually think you're now taking the ****.

Ditto.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!