PDA

View Full Version : Guildwars

Decapitated!
30-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Suck you carnt even work up tiny raised pieces of land pmsl.

Thread Moved by J1MI (Super Moderator) - From World of Warcraft. (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=514)

Crimson
30-03-2007, 09:02 PM
what the hell has this got to do with world of warcraft?

3d
30-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Zipzy got pwned

Mr.Sam
30-03-2007, 11:15 PM
point being?

also gw 2 beta is out next year, you can jump, swim etc
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=332009

Axel
30-03-2007, 11:18 PM
point being?

also gw 2 beta is out next year, you can jump, swim etc
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=332009

You could do that on Wow yonks ago..

Jinc
15-04-2007, 07:05 PM
WoW and GW are very different games. It is pointless trying to critisise differences between them.

Mr.Sam
15-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Jumping doesn't make the game..
Guildwars has some really great storylines, The graphics are amazing the the game play is just as good.
The pvp system works wonders and so does the pve.
Also i believe WoW's pvp, system is basically the same as guild wars's who had theirs before...

You could do that on Wow yonks ago..

And i agree.

WoW and GW are very different games. It is pointless trying to critisise differences between them.

Axel
15-04-2007, 07:32 PM
I know jumping doesn't make the game, just makes it more fun sorta.

TehJoshy
15-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Night Elf Jumping in WoW ftw! <3
Wow doesnt need to download a map either though does it. big let down for GW the constant file downloads.

Mr.Sam
15-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Downloads happen when you start it up after a update - usually takes like 2 minutes max...

i heard WoW is down every wednesday afternoon?

/edit when you pass through a portal it only takes like 10 seconds..

Night Elf Jumping in WoW ftw! <3
Wow doesnt need to download a map either though does it. big let down for GW the constant file downloads.

TehJoshy
17-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Downloads happen when you start it up after a update - usually takes like 2 minutes max...

not saying its a bad game as i play it myslf sometimes. but for me i have always found manyfiles needed to be downloaded each time i log on.

Mr.Sam
17-04-2007, 10:31 PM
If you were to log on Everyday there wouldn't be a lot.
Usually it's just skill changes and bug fixes which are a few files.

or week end events.

not saying its a bad game as i play it myslf sometimes. but for me i have always found manyfiles needed to be downloaded each time i log on.

Axel
17-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Wow it only takes like 10 seconds or so like you said to go through a portal, there's only 2 main maps and loads of different ones for instances. On GW there's like a portal for every region and main city...

Mr.Sam
17-04-2007, 10:36 PM
wow a whole 10 seconds.
Plus WoW is 8/9£ per month?

Wow it only takes like 10 seconds or so like you said to go through a portal, there's only 2 main maps and loads of different ones for instances. On GW there's like a portal for every region and main city...

:Jamie
17-04-2007, 10:41 PM

During the night to early morning, not afternoon ;)

Mr.Sam
17-04-2007, 10:45 PM
ok, i was just going from word of mouth :)

During the night to early morning, not afternoon ;)

Axel
17-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't care about the price tag, you pay more for better things, and Wow is much better than GW in mine and alot of other people's opinions. I'd rather play a game I find more fun and pay more than play a boring game and pay nothing.

Jinc
18-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Guys, aside from these pointless arguments about download times and costs, it has to be said that the PvP mechanics in GuildWars are far more complexed and balanced than in WoW. GW can hold successful, fair and controlled tournaments which rely more on a player's skill to win the matches, rather than the time they have spent griding levels.

Due to the open ended nature of WoW, it is impossible to control the gameplay in a way that allows a tight and balanced PvP structure to exist.

Granted, for players who enjoy Role Playing and PvE over competetive play, WoW is far more rewarding, but in Guildwars PvE just isn't the main emphasis of the game anymore, and in my opinion it never was. For these reasons, as I have said before, you cannot critise the 2 games for features they do or do not have.

If you really want to have a debate about the differences between the 2 games, you need to cut the petty arguments and compare them, not criticise.

Disturb
18-04-2007, 09:20 PM
My friend plays it, I think his name is Cymro on it.

Do you know him?

Axel
18-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Lol if it's based on skill a level 1 could beat a 20? It's pointless levelling then.

Jinc
18-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Lol if it's based on skill a level 1 could beat a 20? It's pointless levelling then.

Congratulations, you just completely misunderstood what I was trying to say.

As you may or may not know, there is a level cap of 20 in Guildwars. A level 1 wouldn't fight a level 20 in PvP because you need to be the highest level to max out your stats and attributes. No, a level 1 would not beat a level 20 no matter how skilled they were, as the abilities of the higher leveled character would be superior.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know you do not have to be the maximum level of 70 to participate in PvP events. This surely means a level 60 and level 70 would be able to fight, but purely due to the fact that the level 70 has spent more time playing and grinding experience, he would have an adavantage.

Even if this is not the case, in WoW you cannot have a structured team play match where a close knit set of skills are used, balanced and monitored.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!