PDA

View Full Version : Do Legal Online Radio's Exist Anymore??

rh4u
01-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Well the point of this thread is simple./././././././././././.

Does Any Of You Actually Have A Licence To Broadcast lol??
90% Off All Online Radios I Know Dont Have A Licence.
Seriously Though, i cudnt blame you if you dont! A Licence for online radios can actually cost up to £1000 per year.

So - If You Are Sad And Have Actually Got A Licence Write This:

RADIONAME
HABBONAME
RADIOURL
=======
If Your A "Rebel" And Dont Have A Licence Do This:

RADIONAME
IS MINT
RADIONAME
IS MINT
Im A "Rebbel!"

xD

thankyou for your sexy sexyy time ;D

Luke
01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Habtown
IS MINT
luke1194
IS MINT
Im A "Rebbel!"

ooo ye :)

rh4u
01-04-2007, 05:44 PM
big rebbel you :) loool

Borat.
01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Well there are many types of radio licenses. A broadcasting license, A amateur radio license and a RSL (restricted service license which lets you broadcast on real FM radio provided you have the equipment). I currently hold an amateur radio license with the callsign M3LYC (www.qrz.com/m3lyc). What my license does is permit me to talk on restricted bands to other amateurs in many bands, most commonly 2 metres and 70 cm. This hardly costs anything and atm is free and soon will be for the rest of my lifr. Now to broadcasing licenses............ Yes they do cost a lot but its well worth it if u want to stay out of prison etc. All licenses are governed by OFCOM (the office of communications). If you want to know more visit http://www.ofcom.org.uk/licensing/ :].

rh4u
01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
i didnt ask for any freaking information lol

alexxxxx
01-04-2007, 09:45 PM
www.live365.com

Mr.OSH
02-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Well there are many types of radio licenses. A broadcasting license, A amateur radio license and a RSL (restricted service license which lets you broadcast on real FM radio provided you have the equipment). I currently hold an amateur radio license with the callsign M3LYC (www.qrz.com/m3lyc) (http://www.qrz.com/m3lyc)). What my license does is permit me to talk on restricted bands to other amateurs in many bands, most commonly 2 metres and 70 cm. This hardly costs anything and atm is free and soon will be for the rest of my lifr. Now to broadcasing licenses............ Yes they do cost a lot but its well worth it if u want to stay out of prison etc. All licenses are governed by OFCOM (the office of communications). If you want to know more visit http://www.ofcom.org.uk/licensing/ :].

Being honest because there are so many if you get caught I think it would be a simple take it down and make sure it doesn't come back up case and they would not really take legal action unless it is necessary and you refuse. Too many people do it these days to throw them all in prison and it costs loads to open court cases so its just not worth it really. If you have one chances are it wont get found and if it does then it will just be taken down and you wont get into major trouble (Thats my outlook at it). Also in the event that a court case opens the owners of the server that you are hosting it on would get the blame as it is legally their server and it is them who are allowing the broadcasting..

rh4u
02-04-2007, 10:51 AM
yes but you (as a host) could say you didnt know anything about it + just put in your TOS/AUP its the clients responsiblilty to broadcast music they own the legal rights to.

TimmyMallet
02-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Well the point of this thread is simple./././././././././././.

Does Any Of You Actually Have A Licence To Broadcast lol??
90% Off All Online Radios I Know Dont Have A Licence.
Seriously Though, i cudnt blame you if you dont! A Licence for online radios can actually cost up to £1000 per year.

So - If You Are Sad And Have Actually Got A Licence Write This:

RADIONAME
HABBONAME
RADIOURL
=======
If Your A "Rebel" And Dont Have A Licence Do This:

RADIONAME
IS MINT
RADIONAME
IS MINT
Im A "Rebbel!"

xD

thankyou for your sexy sexyy time ;D

Well there are many types of radio licenses. A broadcasting license, A amateur radio license and a RSL (restricted service license which lets you broadcast on real FM radio provided you have the equipment). I currently hold an amateur radio license with the callsign M3LYC (www.qrz.com/m3lyc) (http://www.qrz.com/m3lyc%29). What my license does is permit me to talk on restricted bands to other amateurs in many bands, most commonly 2 metres and 70 cm. This hardly costs anything and atm is free and soon will be for the rest of my lifr. Now to broadcasing licenses............ Yes they do cost a lot but its well worth it if u want to stay out of prison etc. All licenses are governed by OFCOM (the office of communications). If you want to know more visit http://www.ofcom.org.uk/licensing/ :].

Internet radio broadcasting is controlled by PPL. I know this because I have just paid the £209.15 annual renew fee for my daughters site.

The big question is how long before other sites are forced to pay up?

If you want to stay on the air legally, go to this link, download the form and send the money off.
http://www.ppluk.com/ppl/ppl_lc.nsf/pdl/LicBroadcasting-Radio-Internet?OpenDocument

I just wonder how long it will be before they offer a whistle-blowers reward for grassing up an unlicensed site?

If you pay the £209.15 then these are the countries you will be covered by.

Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Rep
Ecuador
Estonia
FinlandFrance
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands
New ZealandNorway
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Poland
Portugal
Singapore
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Thailand
Uruguay

regards

Tim

Chease
02-04-2007, 12:15 PM
No United Kingdom, USA or Canada?

Probably the three people want..

TimmyMallet
02-04-2007, 12:24 PM
No United Kingdom, USA or Canada?

Probably the three people want..

It is a minefield for both Canada and US. The license I just paid covers the UK and those countries above.

If you want to legally broadcast to Americans you have to pay a seperate license and the same goes for Canada.

The worse thing is you have to log the tracks played by the dj's and send them in every 3 months.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!