PDA

View Full Version : Maximum of mods?

:Alpha
01-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Is there a maximum of mods and add-on's to install on a VB? I have around 20? :P

Nixt
01-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think so, however if you have a lot of Mods installed it will begin to lag the Forum quite badly :).

omgDAN!
01-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I think you can have as many as you like as long as they don't conflict with each other.

the wombats
01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
too many mods = bad. it means if there's a secruity risk in one of them then anyone could find it and do bad stuff. try and keep them to a minimum and remove the ones that arn't really needed.

:Alpha
01-04-2007, 08:19 PM
too many mods = bad. it means if there's a secruity risk in one of them then anyone could find it and do bad stuff. try and keep them to a minimum and remove the ones that arn't really needed.

Even if I download all my mods via Vb.org? Im sure its cause abit of lag but.. most of them are small mods.. I know that award, shoutcast, images, shoutbox causes lag but Im not using them.

Luckyrare
01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Even if I download all my mods via Vb.org? Im sure its cause abit of lag but.. most of them are small mods.. I know that award, shoutcast, images, shoutbox causes lag but Im not using them.

Yes it doesnt matter where you get them from, coders on vb.org can leave things out. Last year there was a big exploit on a shoutbox that was highly used.

Try you use as little as possible and dont install (alpha-)beta versions.

DaveTaylor
01-04-2007, 09:36 PM
there was a forum a while back that had something like 50 mods on it, can't remember the url, sorry, but it lagged like hell and i am sure it got hacked once or twice

omgDAN!
02-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Waushare once had a good idea to install 2484774764873 mods, but it totally killed the site so they took most of them off.

Mentor
02-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Mods will only lag the board if the poorly written and designd. If they are poorly written and designed hence lagging the board, there likely also full of explitable securty holes. Its sometimes a good idea to quickly scan over the code yourself and plug any obvious ones.

Jabba
02-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Waushare once had a good idea to install 2484774764873 mods, but it totally killed the site so they took most of them off.

I'll highly doubt that as there are not, what ever number you said, mods around which you could install and no-one could think of that number of mods.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!