PDA

View Full Version : Long term opinions on Wii wanted.

Josh-H
01-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Ok so I'm back in the predicament of ... to have a wii or not... I want to know what people who OWN them and have done for a while think of them. Does the gimmick wear off? Does it have lasting appeal? What games do you recommend?

mangle
01-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Not got one but Red Steel looks good :]

emobusters
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
yeah, it wears off. i hardly play on mine anymore, but then again that could be because of lack of money to buy games.

Homesrfan
01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't exactly say the controls where off, but lackluster games make them a bit boring.
But in June, great titles will start coming out. Basically Q3 and Q4 will be an AWESOME time to have a Wii.

Wootzeh
01-04-2007, 09:28 PM
GTA 4 is also coming out on Wii, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as on other consoles.

Neil
01-04-2007, 10:08 PM
GTA 4 is also coming out on Wii, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as on other consoles.

I don't know why but I find that impossible to believe :S

PaulMacC
01-04-2007, 10:37 PM

Nintendo is a family company I'd doubt they'd have an prision escapé running around New york shooting people and blowing up houses.

I'm getting an Xbox in around 50 day's for GTA anyway.

I have the Wii and there's not much to offer atm but in Q3-Q4 tonnes of smash things comming out

Did I say smash SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL , Online play IS GOING TO BE BRILLIANT , PAPER MARIO , MARIO GALAXY , METROID , MARIO STRIKERS , DK CONGA BEAT

GommeInc
01-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I've completed alot of games and the lack of cool games out at the moment has made it a bit boring. I go on for the Voting Channel and News now, sometimes weather. But other than that, it is ok. Just need more games and more Wiis in stock so friends can buy them!

brandon
01-04-2007, 10:40 PM
personally I wouldn't get one because I don't like games on the Wii arnt really my style and I would find it difficult to control it with the remote (yes I know you can get the old style controller) but yeah the only thing that interests me on the Wii is WiiSports and the novelty would wear off..

kk.
01-04-2007, 10:50 PM
it is good but i dont play on mine atm because its in my living room as i dont have a big enough TV in my room for it to be good. But when it is in their i will play on it :)

i say get one even if the lack of games because by the time you have one it will be july lol

Neversoft
01-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Got mine the day it came out, to be honest I haven't played on it much lately because of the lack of games. But when Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out you'll never see me again. It really is a great console though. :)

personally I wouldn't get one because I don't like games on the Wii arnt really my style and I would find it difficult to control it with the remote (yes I know you can get the old style controller) but yeah the only thing that interests me on the Wii is WiiSports and the novelty would wear off..

Have you ever played a Wii? ;) It really isnt that hard to control at all, even with the remote.

yido
01-04-2007, 11:14 PM
All Good Just Waitng For Goldeneye to come out on retro shop channel
only zelda and mario atm -.- every friday either mega drive or snes out lol

Josh-H
02-04-2007, 06:56 AM
Ah well a lot of you have confirmed what I thought. It does get boring.

And the lack of games to me... won't be affected by mario. As those types of games don't really interest me anymore. Only games I would really like are Wario Ware + Wii Sports ... So I don't think its worth it really.

Oni
02-04-2007, 09:21 AM
The 'novelty' doesnt wear off atall and there are some decent games out atm [Loz, Ssx blur etc] but I agree that it wont really start going to Q2-Q3

Wootzeh
02-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Haha, nevermind I got fooled, dam gta4.net :(

brandon
02-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Got mine the day it came out, to be honest I haven't played on it much lately because of the lack of games. But when Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out you'll never see me again. It really is a great console though. :)

Have you ever played a Wii? ;) It really isnt that hard to control at all, even with the remote.
it isn't? I've only played on WiiSports on one so I'm just assuming.

Tord
02-04-2007, 05:27 PM
I think the Wii is great. But it's better to play on Wii sports with friends, also zelda is a great game to play on the Wii.
I think it's worth buying onwhen you have seen all the games coming out for it.:D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!