PDA

View Full Version : Runescape Shopping Centre. (Good idea?)

Jackboy
03-04-2007, 06:42 PM
I thought about starting a Runescape shopping centre site...
The plan was to have everything in stock and sell everything at reasonable prices..

I thought about problems with third age items and them being ridiculously expensive...

But i believe that RSC would help a lot of players... Especially merchants..

Please rate the idea and give feedback?

Danny,
03-04-2007, 06:46 PM
pointless really, thats what forums are for

Charlie
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
There are loads of sites/forums for this already, so it wouldn't work out as good.

Barwy
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Go for it. Always fun to see ideas come and go. You never know, it may take off

Jackboy
03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
pointless really, thats what forums are for
Completely agree, but with forums you can't always find what your looking for. With RSC we will always have items in stock.

There are loads of sites/forums for this already, so it wouldn't work out as good.
:o sites already doing this? Please give links... I stated about forums above.

Go for it. Always fun to see ideas come and go. You never know, it may take off
Thanks man ;)

Blue
03-04-2007, 07:01 PM
yeah, i would go for it, i mean, it would be quicker then forums, and i myself don't know anysites with this idea on

DJ-Vimto
03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
it would take a hell of a lot of work, because theres literally thousands of items in the game, finding somewhere to keep them all is gonna be pretty tough.

i started on a similar idea, but soon had to give up to focus more on my studies. not to mention that somone got my site closed for "copyright infringement" even though i had done a lot more than they had :l he knows who he is.

here are some things you need to consider...

- is it aimed at all players, or just f2p, or just p2p
- what are you going to stock, and what your default stock for those items are
- are there any items you are going to make by demand, i.e not stock and just make as and when people want them.
- where you are going to keep the stock.
- how you are going to deliver the items

Neil
03-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't know if a shopping centre would be the best idea to go for because you would need probably thousands of people working for you and money between people will become an issue, a "Runescape Buy & Sell" would be a much better idea, basically a RuneScape version of eBay where you can have people register, set up categories that list all of the items availiable in RuneScape, then have it so people can rid against each other and have a feedback system just like eBay has, this will require some major knowledge but it is possible

Leatherface
03-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Nice idea, but there realy is no need as there is the official forums where you can find everything you need.

luke-p
03-04-2007, 07:52 PM

But bill gates could of thought the same, or along the lines of it and though... Oh **** this I will just go and get a job at IBM Or something...

I say go for it :P

Youheard
03-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Would completely ruin the Runescape Economy and it would be pointless to do Clue Scrolls. Bad idea in my opinion.

Seren
03-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I thought about starting a Runescape shopping centre site...
The plan was to have everything in stock and sell everything at reasonable prices..

I thought about problems with third age items and them being ridiculously expensive...

But i believe that RSC would help a lot of players... Especially merchants..

Please rate the idea and give feedback?

as people have said, that's what forums are for.

and you live in west sussex?! I live in east sussex ;o

Ashley 12344
03-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Would be hard. Would have to invest a large amount of money, plus some profit would be needed on your part. Would have to stock certain amounts of high demand items, and low amounts of low demand.

Jackboy
03-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Right big reply!

yeah, i would go for it, i mean, it would be quicker then forums, and i myself don't know anysites with this idea on

Thanks alot for the feedback :)

it would take a hell of a lot of work, because theres literally thousands of items in the game, finding somewhere to keep them all is gonna be pretty tough.

i started on a similar idea, but soon had to give up to focus more on my studies. not to mention that somone got my site closed for "copyright infringement" even though i had done a lot more than they had :l he knows who he is.

- are there any items you are going to make by demand, i.e not stock and just make as and when people want them.

It is aimed at all players of course. I plan to stock the most popular items and some rares. I will stock the obvious popular items such as iron and coal ore. I will keep the stock on multiple accounts such as rsc_coal etc.
Deliver the items with a team of trusted friends helping me.

I don't know if a shopping centre would be the best idea to go for because you would need probably thousands of people working for you and money between people will become an issue, a "Runescape Buy & Sell" would be a much better idea, basically a RuneScape version of eBay where you can have people register, set up categories that list all of the items availiable in RuneScape, then have it so people can rid against each other and have a feedback system just like eBay has, this will require some major knowledge but it is possible

Thats just forums.... buy good idea ;)

Nice idea, but there realy is no need as there is the official forums where you can find everything you need.

Not always..

But bill gates could of thought the same, or along the lines of it and though... Oh **** this I will just go and get a job at IBM Or something...

I say go for it :P

Cheers for that awesome reply mate!

Would completely ruin the Runescape Economy and it would be pointless to do Clue Scrolls. Bad idea in my opinion.

Hows that?

as people have said, that's what forums are for.

and you live in west sussex?! I live in east sussex ;o

:o east sussex! nice one. But forums are different.

Would be hard. Would have to invest a large amount of money, plus some profit would be needed on your part. Would have to stock certain amounts of high demand items, and low amounts of low demand.

Yeh i know but money isn't a problem lol

Zehro
03-04-2007, 08:59 PM

Yours was good until Colin-Roberts came up and got yours banned

What happened to him anyway?

Jackboy
03-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Why did it get banned?

Neil
03-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Thats just forums.... buy good idea ;)

Umm..No..It's a website, it'll basically be ebay but for RuneScape, I've seen it done before, MapleStory has one, Basil Maret, it's nothing like a forum really, look at ebay.co.uk and you'll know what I mean :rolleyes:

Jackboy
03-04-2007, 10:24 PM
lmao i know what ebay is.. i think i get what ur saying.

Neil
03-04-2007, 10:34 PM
lmao i know what ebay is.. i think i get what ur saying.

This is the maplestory one, an RS one can be exactly the same but for RS xD

http://www.basilmarket.com

DJ-Vimto
03-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Why did it get banned?

he didnt like the fact that mine was looking better than his... so he reported me to freewebs :rolleyes:

they in turn emailed me saying basically "change it or we suspend your account"

i know for a fact that he ripped them from me to start with, because there was a remarkable similarity between the tables, including a lot of unexplained *'s next to some items, on my site i had explained some items more clearly wherever there was an *

ah well, rather than argue my case i closed it down myself, though it seemed to be a pointless amount of effort on colins part because ive heard nothing about his site ever since. maybe its because hes got nothing to rip from anymore :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, enough of that reject, back on topic...

if theres anything you might need help with, i'd be more than happy to help out, just holla if you need me :]

Jackboy
03-04-2007, 11:16 PM
This is the maplestory one, an RS one can be exactly the same but for RS xD

http://www.basilmarket.com

Okey cheers man ;)

he didnt like the fact that mine was looking better than his... so he reported me to freewebs :rolleyes:

they in turn emailed me saying basically "change it or we suspend your account"

i know for a fact that he ripped them from me to start with, because there was a remarkable similarity between the tables, including a lot of unexplained *'s next to some items, on my site i had explained some items more clearly wherever there was an *

ah well, rather than argue my case i closed it down myself, though it seemed to be a pointless amount of effort on colins part because ive heard nothing about his site ever since. maybe its because hes got nothing to rip from anymore :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, enough of that reject, back on topic...

if theres anything you might need help with, i'd be more than happy to help out, just holla if you need me :]

Lmao!! why the hell u host with freewebs firstly.. and i remember collin... is he still alive? and thanks for the offer to help.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!