PDA

View Full Version : Keith Richards: I've snorted my father.

Browney
04-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Keith Richards has confessed to snorting a line of his father's ashes.
The Rolling Stone, 63, says he mixed his father Bert's remains with cocaine.
He told the NME: "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow."
Richards insisted he did not regret the stunt and claimed Bert, who died at 84, would not have minded.
The star shrugged: "My dad wouldn't have cared. He didn't give a s***. It went down pretty well and I'm still alive."
They once had a strained relationship and did not speak for nearly two decades after Keith left home in Dartford, Kent, in the 1960s.
But they eventually reconciled and the retired factory worker helped raise his grandchild Angela, now 34, so Richards could tour with the Rolling Stones.
In his final years he lived with his son in the US at Weston, Connecticut, where he died in 2000.
Richards is one of rock's most famous hell-raisers and freely admits to a lifetime of substance abuse.
He was caught with 22g of heroin in a Toronto hotel in 1977 and narrowly escaped jail.
The rock idol, who had a brain op last year after falling out of a tree, insisted he had turned his back on the drug, but would not rule out taking others.
He said: "The one thing I'll never do is the dope. I won't do that again. Everything else is up for grabs. Why wouldn't I do the dope again? Because I've been there and done that and it's f****** painful. The other schmucks are doing it all the time and I pity them."

I'd say "thoughts" but I'd probably get another smart-**** remark.

-:Undertaker:-
04-04-2007, 10:58 AM
What a strange freak.

brandon
04-04-2007, 11:00 AM
what a muppet

cocaine
04-04-2007, 11:01 AM
weird man.

Jazza
04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
People like him shouldn't be worshipped. Shows the stupidity of drugs.

Axel
04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Damn I was gonna post this, saw it in the Newspaper this morning.

Mr.OSH
06-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Thats just very odd...

Ostinato
20-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Lol, yeh I remember seeing that in the paper... made me chuckle! :P

le harry
21-04-2007, 02:30 AM
Haha, saw that earlier.

timROGERS
21-04-2007, 08:12 AM
That's just plain wrong.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!