PDA

View Full Version : Are people just generally idiots?

_Olam_
25-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Well? Are they?

It's been clearly stated five million and twelve times:
"DO NOT GIVE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ON HABBO!"

The terms 'hotmail' and @address.com are FILTERED, meaning people SHOULDN'T SAY IT. So why, oh why, do people persist?

"Oh they just filtered it for a laugh! Aahaha! I'll do it anyway because this total stranger I met is probably fit and will probably marry me!"

I go into any damn room and I ALWAYS see people giving out their addresses, in EVERY room. What is this? A stupid epidemic?

I demand genocide. I NEED genocides. Agree with me or die.

>Max<
25-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Well? Are they?

The terms 'hotmail' and @address.com are FILTERED, meaning people SHOULDN'T SAY IT. So why, oh why, do people persist?

"Oh they just filtered it for a laugh! Aahaha! I'll do it anyway because this total stranger I met is probably fit and will probably marry me!"

I go into any damn room and I ALWAYS see people giving out their addresses, in EVERY room. What is this? A stupid epidemic?

Well death does seem like a laugh but i think ill have to agree with you :p

The filter is to light on it all there are so many ways to get pass the filter.

NAME at hotm.ail.com etc. stuff like that. They should make it more complex.

Then again they can't do it for every single words but hey Habbo did warn them.

_Olam_
25-04-2005, 08:44 PM
The main point of the filter is to alert people that saying a particular phrase is against the rules.

For example, if someone is saying you can't say a word, you don't immediately assume it's alright for you to say that word. That's what the filter does - we should look at it more as a warning for the unwary than a paradigm of prevention.

Basically, how can people say they 'didn't know they couldn't give out their addresses' when the filter is STOPPING them unless they evade it.

I tell you how, because people are grade A morons.

Seatherny
25-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Well? Are they?

True ... People shouldnt give out their person details
then again, its their choices. people who u think will never give out personal details have done it and i am not gonna name any names here

Bradd-Aaron
25-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I see people having sexual activities habbo is a chat room not a -:
MSN Room
Cyber room
Look at me im a big habbo! |*Has s** on floor* |
Hobbas should come down tough with these people!

jrh2002
25-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I have to agree aswell, the more people are told not to give personal details like email etc seems to make them want to tell everybody and then when they get keylogged or their email hacked they they blame habbo most the time :s

Ranger
25-04-2005, 08:52 PM
People will never learn Olam.

People who have just started using Habbo are very particular to this very practice. Like you, I have lingered in the drome for many a time to hear little people screaming out 'WHAT'S YOUR MSN?!!?!?!?11?' and not to my surprise the recipient giving it out, all full of bobba's.

And then they get banned and spam the GSC as to why they were banned.
Read the rules. Idiots.

PS: Hi. :)

Seatherny
25-04-2005, 09:02 PM
MSN Room
Cyber room
Hobbas should come down tough with these people!

i have seen that happen on USA
People just use clones
Its sad

Evolution
25-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Sorry for off topic but Olam have you checked your hand? :O

Rareoid
25-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Oh my, Olam posting on HabboxForum - it must mean one thing. Whats up with HF Olam? :P

Oh and to conclude to this thrilling and controversial post... Yes, they are generally idiots.

GommeInc
25-04-2005, 09:33 PM
1. Once they've been told to do something e.g. not give out personal information, they ignore because they're ignorant.

2. Scam victims are idiots with low general knowledge and low common sense.

3. People give out details because they like testing ways to break the habbo way or, they find it fun having 'internet love' with someone they can't see.

Mr.Mity
25-04-2005, 10:41 PM
No, u relly cant categorize all habbo who give out details into idiots, and wrong section to post this in :rolleyes:

Seny
25-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Well? Are they?

Lol, i want an old man to marry me and make lots of babies with me.. thats why i talk with the "15 year olds" :D

Mentor
26-04-2005, 12:42 AM
I disagree with the email rule, its my email and i should be able to give it to whoever i want? its not personal informtion and thers no risk involved "/
If i wnat people to contact me outside the limted functily of the habbo hotel sysetm i dont see why i shoulnt be able to distrubte my email? or a msn account for that reason, it has a block tool if theres problems wahts the risk?

the wombats
26-04-2005, 12:43 AM
people just do dots, and know what it is

Seny
26-04-2005, 12:49 AM
i like banannas and Cheese

RedStratocas
26-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I think giving your first name is fine, and maybe your e mail. MSN I can understand because there would just be too many scams.

Mentor
26-04-2005, 12:52 AM
I think giving your first name is fine, and maybe your e mail. MSN I can understand because there would just be too many scams.
yea but not everyone on habbo has negative common sneces and falls for the largy shody msn scams people try to pull, the majority are just entertaing becuse there so bad.

dannyboymed
26-04-2005, 07:39 AM
I don't think giving out your e-mail is as bad as Habbo make it out to be... Maybe you should get a warning, but not bans etc.

bigbutsound
26-04-2005, 08:03 AM
I don't think it is that bad if you , have known them along time but then again , People on Habbo may not be who they say they are , not even if they show you a picture..

ff_vivi
26-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Most of the filtered words shouldn't even be filtered. Habbo are so paranoid on getting a list of words to filter everyday.

Anyone who is stupid enough to tell someone where they live and all deserve to be scammed or stalked or whatever.

.:SweetHeart:.
26-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Well a lot of people use a different email address for their habbo and other important things...like me

Adzeh
26-04-2005, 06:02 PM
I think that, because its filtered, it makes it more desirable to give out an adress, because its against the rules.
Anyway, habbo will never be able to fully stop people giving email adress' all they can do is warn people against it. But as always, when somebody gets in serious trouble from giving away their email adress, habbo get the blame.

Roboevil
26-04-2005, 06:05 PM
I think that, because its filtered, it makes it more desirable to give out an adress, because its against the rules.
Anyway, habbo will never be able to fully stop people giving email adress' all they can do is warn people against it. But as always, when somebody gets in serious trouble from giving away their email adress, habbo get the blame.

Doesn't that make them a complete idiot like what Olam said then?

Kroziun
03-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Most of the filtered words shouldn't even be filtered. Habbo are so paranoid on getting a list of words to filter everyday.

Anyone who is stupid enough to tell someone where they live and all deserve to be scammed or stalked or whatever.The filter is there for a good reason. Think about this: The parents of a twelve year old girl, like myself, want to be assured Sulake are taking as much precaution as possible to prevent their child coming into contact with undesirable individuals. Therefore I applaud the use of a filter. Words always have a geniune reason for entering the filter even if you, as an individual habbo, do not know why.

No one, no matter how stupid you think they are, deserves to be stalked. Everyone makes really stupid mistakes - even adults! Think first before posting a comment like that, please.

I don't think giving out your e-mail is as bad as Habbo make it out to be... Maybe you should get a warning, but not bans etc.If a habbo is acting against the Habbo Way, they are warned first, and it should be explained to the offending habbo that his/her behaviour is unacceptable, and then referred to the Habbo Way. If they disregard the warning they will be disciplined as set out in the Hobba Handbook. Banning without warning usually happens for serious offences.

MSN Room
Cyber room
Hobbas should come down tough with these people!HabboHotel has a zero tolerance policy regarding Cyber. Sulake does clamp down on this type of activity in all cases it finds. Some Hobbas though may be reluctant to deal with this sort of behaviour as they are uncomfortable handling it themselves, and usually a Mod will take action immediately. It is regarded as top priority. If anyone sees this type of activity, they should place a Call For Help without hesitation, and then leave the room.

Thank you

http://www.kroziun.com/offsite/kroziun-sig.gif (http://www.kroziun.com)

Ry
03-05-2005, 03:17 PM
:D You'd be surprised how many idiots there are :D

.Ex-
03-05-2005, 03:19 PM
When i was 11 i knew not to give out private details and i used proper chat rooms then and pretended to be 16. The funniest thing was when someone said i sounded aolder than that.

Yes people are just stupid.

habbox-superstar
03-05-2005, 03:23 PM
People are getting dummer. I disagree with the fact that it is ok - sometimes- with a close habbo mate to give emails to talk to on msn or something. Well webcams and habbo friends. Is getting out of hand thoe.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!