PDA

View Full Version : [Sports Debate] Should Italy be allowed to continue having Football Clubs

OMGitsaROSS
05-04-2007, 12:04 PM
After the events last night (Roma vs Man Utd), should Italian football teams exist? Here is something to think about,

- Inter Milan vs AC Milan - Dida hit by a flare
- Roma vs Middlesbrough - 3 Boro fans stabbed
- (Cannot remember teams) - Policemen killed with a bomb
- Roma vs Man Utd - 3 Fans stabbed, police hitting fans without reason

That is a selection of the trouble. So should Italy/Italian teams exist?

Lµke
05-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Personally with their reputation and the ammount of trouble they caused last night, i think they should be banned for european cup compeitions like all english clubs was years ago after the incident with Liverpool fans and the wall that collapsed.

ScouseOrient
05-04-2007, 12:10 PM
that was Juve's fault anyways.

i cant remember how, but it was

gosling
05-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Italian football's taken a lot of slack in recent years - match-fixing, corruption, bribery, murders, hooligan violence etc. A suitable punishment would be to ban all Italian clubs from Europe for at least a season (the same thing happened to British clubs in the late 80s). The club game over there has a bad reputation, with all the 'ultra' groups, death-threats and more. You could question the policing, or just the un-controllable manner of the fans over there. But there would be uproar if the game was banned altogether.
Just exclude them from European competition for a couple of years and they'll soon learn ;)

Jordie
05-04-2007, 12:14 PM
nope our football used to be excactly the same, i think they shud be docked points but not banned

ScouseOrient
05-04-2007, 12:16 PM
nope our football used to be excactly the same, i think they shud be docked points but not banned

**** OFF.

Like it was as bad as that

Jordie
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
**** OFF.

Like it was as bad as that

it was bad... and if they do it again, dock them points then they wnt be going no where will they

3d
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Well i can understand this but you cant really stop italy having football teams as its the fans who do most of rioting/abuse/fights/hooliganism.

tbh they just need to sort out the rules (i know that sounds weird but its simple as)

And for god sake get decent police dont get these biased *****

Jamie!
05-04-2007, 12:36 PM
what they should do is get the italian police force to come over to england and learn them on how to control a crowd at a match.

i know they were very heavy handed last night, but you can't ignore the fact that the group of man utd fans (who would have just been there for the trouble) were very stupid in trying to storm the perspex screen which got alot of the innocent fans that were standing on the edge of the man utd crowd involved.

edit; about the heysel disaster, no doubt the juve fans would have been inciting the liverpool crowd, but it was the 'pool fans who broke the fence seperating the two sets of fans and then charged at the juve fans who then retreated and that was when the wall collapsed crushing the fans.

3d
05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
but you can't ignore the fact that the group of man utd fans (who would have just been there for the trouble) were very stupid in trying to storm the perspex screen
Yeh but thats a normal reaction init like anyone would charge at them italians if they taunted us wouldnt we :P

OMGitsaROSS
05-04-2007, 12:47 PM
We got banned for 5 years! :(

Jamie!
05-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeh but thats a normal reaction init like anyone would charge at them italians if they taunted us wouldnt we :P

fair enough but what were they gunna achieve? they knew the riot police were only on their side of the screen and they knew how heavy handed they were gunna be.

3d
05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
fair enough but what were they gunna achieve? they knew the riot police were only on their side of the screen and they knew how heavy handed they were gunna be.
Yeh true and your not going to achieve much maybe something dislocated? :P

summer
05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
if this continues, they should be stripped of the world cup.

3d
05-04-2007, 01:03 PM
if this continues, they should be stripped of the world cup.
Chances of that happening are slim tbh as because some of the italian players dont play for italian teams etc therefore some players who earned the world cup have done nothing

summer
05-04-2007, 01:04 PM
or do something like ban all italian players at italian clubs from playing at euro 2008. that would cause a stir :p

Barkseh2131
05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
we should nuke them, it's shocking.

OMGitsaROSS
05-04-2007, 01:32 PM
LOL +rep :)

piddle2k6
05-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Lmao nothing is going to happen to roma i doubt except a Carppy £10,000 ban BOO-HOO the quater amount AFC BOURNNEMOUTH make from gate receipts alone a week... They dont give a damn tbh.. FIFA will not punish them and they are scared to really discipline anyone!

Sharpsterz
05-04-2007, 04:20 PM
UNITED CAUSED LAST NIGHT!

alexxxxx
05-04-2007, 04:30 PM
it was bad... and if they do it again, dock them points then they wnt be going no where will they

dock every italian team points? eh. ban them from UEFA tournaments for a season. They don't want to sort it out. This will.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!