PDA

View Full Version : OAP's and Teenagers!

Sevenoaks
14-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I just hate walking down the street when an OAP is staring at you giving the facial expression of "Oh god, another little thug!".

They treat us all the same and think we are all bad. Okay, I admit it... The majority of us are little ******s that cause trouble. But they still treat people like me the same, I never swear or disrespect older people as your meant to show them respect right?

They cross the road of go another way when they see me coming, and I bet its the same as everyone else. They are affraid of us and think we are all little horrible monsters. The dissapointing thing is, you can't change their views with all thats going on around the world. It makes me feel horrible everytime they walk away or go the long way round. I don't let it get to me, but I want to show them not to be affraid of me. I am going to do them no harm!

,Jess,
14-04-2007, 06:33 PM
I know what you mean some elderly people are like that but where I live they're just as bad; there's this one woman who has one of those electric buggy things and she goes down the pavement at like full speed trying to run people over lol.

I think that they mainly get their views from the news and because there is a lot of press coverage on the behaviour of teens today it makes us look worse than we are. As a result elderly people presume that we are all like that

-:Undertaker:-
14-04-2007, 06:37 PM
That's because most of us are scum of the earth, OAPS are raped, beaten up, robbed and intimidated in today's society.

They did more for this country than we will ever do, so we should all show them respect or rot in hell.

What some of the scum do to them is out of this world.

3d
14-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I just hate walking down the street when an OAP is staring at you giving the facial expression of "Oh god, another little thug!".

They treat us all the same and think we are all bad. Okay, I admit it... The majority of us are little ******s that cause trouble. But they still treat people like me the same, I never swear or disrespect older people as your meant to show them respect right?

They cross the road of go another way when they see me coming, and I bet its the same as everyone else. They are affraid of us and think we are all little horrible monsters. The dissapointing thing is, you can't change their views with all thats going on around the world. It makes me feel horrible everytime they walk away or go the long way round. I don't let it get to me, but I want to show them not to be affraid of me. I am going to do them no harm!
totally know what you mean when i went to the supermarket with my aunt and nan i had my hoddie up and my aunt and nan told me that loads of old people where giving me dirty looks

they shouldnt judge you on what you wear its pathetic

cocaine
14-04-2007, 06:53 PM
yeah like every weekend when i go out and stuff i go to the co-op and get a drink and all the old people look at me as if im about to mug them or something.

mangle
14-04-2007, 06:55 PM
I know what you mean some elderly people are like that but where I live they're just as bad; there's this one woman who has one of those electric buggy things and she goes down the pavement at like full speed trying to run people over lol.

I think that they mainly get their views from the news and because there is a lot of press coverage on the behaviour of teens today it makes us look worse than we are. As a result elderly people presume that we are all like that
People do that alot in Nottingham though!

,Jess,
14-04-2007, 07:10 PM
People do that alot in Nottingham though!

hmmm lol that's true but if you forget Nottingham and think about the rest of the coutry in general it's not so bad...

DaveTaylor
14-04-2007, 07:28 PM
i remember about a 1-2 years ago there was this issue with hoddies etc, oddly enough 2 years before i was new to the village i live in now and was wearing hoddies but as they became more popular the OAP became more careful around us, i was working down the street one down with a few of my friends and about where walking towards us they crossed the road and back to the same side after we walked past them, this was kinda upsetting at the time as it shows what can happen, about 3 weeks later a old ladies handbag was about to get stashed by a 20-25 year old, oddly enough a boy in the year above us chased after him and got it back the big deal was he had a hoodie and since then we are now trusted but it does show that a dress sense or one type of image can change for alot of us.

xxMATTGxx
14-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Never had this happen to me. Some say morning if its like early etc :)

^^ Yes that's true dave.

samsaBEAR
14-04-2007, 07:36 PM
and when you get the early bus, they are all going into town, and they all stare at you as tho you are up to no good.
tis stupid

OMGitsaROSS
14-04-2007, 07:42 PM
OAPs love me tbh (H)

GommeInc
14-04-2007, 07:42 PM
A wha? I've never had this?! I live in Essex and loads of elderly people are friendly. When I used catch the bus, they do sometimes stare, but I am aware it is just to see who is on the bus, as you do to know your surroundings. I think some people are a bit too paranoid "/

Ezzie.
14-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Only happened to me a few times... rest of the time i talk to them or just say hi or good morning/evening/afternoon etc

ZL2.
14-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Line them up and shoot them.

3d
14-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Only happened to me a few times... rest of the time i talk to them or just say hi or good morning/evening/afternoon etc

even if strangers?

Sevenoaks
14-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah, no one there actually dissagreed because it is all true, It really gets us down. Its not our fault, I say we should hang the people that Mug or Assult OAP's.

Roboevil
14-04-2007, 08:22 PM
I glare at them back.

Ezzie.
14-04-2007, 08:33 PM
even if strangers?

Yup :p

Ashley 12344
14-04-2007, 08:39 PM

Same here, unless its blatantly obvious their *removed* before I reach them. Or give them a smile/nod etc. May as well be polite.

Edited by :Hazel (forum moderator) please do not avoid the filter.

Ezzie.
14-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Same here, unless its blatantly obvious their *removed* before I reach them. Or give them a smile/nod etc. May as well be polite.

Yeap, same

Mr.OSH
14-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Hmm I don't agree with people singling other people out because of stereotypical opinions even if it only means a facial expression. Myself although I'm not an OAP I would still never do it and hope when I am an OAP I wont think that way.

clarissa !!
14-04-2007, 11:40 PM
just smile at them if they glare at you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!