PDA

View Full Version : Overrated Forum Feature

Haemogloben
27-04-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't know if anyone has noticed but people seem to always be begging for reputation points on the forum.

People's signatures say things like, "It's not hard, click the little scales button"

Personally speaking it's getting tiring. I mean what exaclty do you gain from getting them. You won't get a big gold trophy and a prize ham if you get 100 points and you won't gain weight if you lose some.

I want to hear your response and if anyone's signature says the quote above or similar, I will personally pie them in the face.

Yours, not laughing, Treben :eusa_hand

Infrontation
27-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Rofl I don't really care about my rep although it is nice to have some good rep rather than nasty bad :p

Seacat
27-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Rofl I don't really care about my rep although it is nice to have some good rep rather than nasty bad :p

lol, *reads your signature*

120Reppie Pointies

If Your Feeling Generous Or Agree With My Post Why Not Give Me Rep?

If You Think I Have Pointlessly Posted Or Don't Like Me Why Not Give Me Some Rep [Bad] ?

Infrontation
27-04-2005, 06:49 PM
lol, *reads your signature*

*Embaressed* Hmm Moving On.. You never answered the question :p!

Pilgrim-Soul
27-04-2005, 06:54 PM
*Embaressed* Hmm Moving On.. You never answered the question :p!
lol, seacats got you there! :p

Seacat
27-04-2005, 06:58 PM
rofl :p

I didn't know there was a question :o!

But yeah I'm not too bothered about reputation, obviously I'd rather have two green then two red but I don't ask for reputation! If you can be bothered to check my 1000+ posts you will see I never asked or even hinted for rep :p

It's an ok feature: partly because it's also a VIP feature, and I think some people buy 12 months of VIP at a time just for the rep: I can't really see any other reason as who knows what will happen in a year?!

Buggy
27-04-2005, 07:38 PM
I dont like the idea of rep either, it just gives people a chance to send you nasty comments without you knowing who they were, and yeah, if a mod can see this it would be nice to know who sent that nasty comment and if they could be banned for it or something :S its in my account... Anyways, some people like it, i guess you have to just ignore the excessive asking for rep.

RedStratocas
27-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I dont like the idea of rep either, it just gives people a chance to send you nasty comments without you knowing who they were, and yeah, if a mod can see this it would be nice to know who sent that nasty comment and if they could be banned for it or something :S its in my account... Anyways, some people like it, i guess you have to just ignore the excessive asking for rep.

If you buy VIP or are staff you can see. Anyways, I dont care about rep unless I was in red. I wouldnt like that.

Mr.Comedian
27-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I dont beg for it, I just fink its a good feature, actually after reading this i mite just take it off my siggy!

Buggy
27-04-2005, 08:48 PM
If you buy VIP or are staff you can see. Anyways, I dont care about rep unless I was in red. I wouldnt like that.

i dont go around asking for it or anything, but its nice when nice comments pop up about alts and stuff, but bad comments are annoying. And i know staff can see who sent them, thats why i asked if a mod saw it :p

Butcher11
28-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Ugh, I personally dislike the whole rep idea. People make posts like:
"Habbo is releasing new rares now!
And give me rep for posting this."

And people make a big deal about it too like, "I have more then you"

I dont even know how many rep points I have, and I personally don't care.

But, if everyone's entitlied to their own opinion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!