PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Sick Of This World Of Hypocrisy?

Ezzie.
17-04-2007, 06:50 PM
This world is peeing me off ^_^
It's a huge world of hypocrisy:

People see a seal being eaten by a whale on TV then cry about it whilst they're eating their quarter pounder burger:rolleyes: Eat meat if you like but don't be so ignorant about it :S

Global Warming:
Some people don't even acknowledge global warming as a fact or a strong basis for the weather messing up in the world... There's people starving because the weather's so ****** up in their country that they're ecstatic when it rains..

We have a government that's apparently a world power and for the people; yet when a natural disaster comes along the area is STILL in ruins *cough* who could that be? *cough*

We also have groups of killing people in the name of their God.. God teaches to not kill one another :s mmk... We have people waging WARS over which God is better..... come on -.-

Call me a hippy but this world needs abit more love it in my opinion :eusa_wall

-:Undertaker:-
17-04-2007, 06:58 PM
This world is peeing me off ^_^
It's a huge world of hypocrisy:

People see a seal being eaten by a whale on TV then cry about it whilst they're eating their quarter pounder burger:rolleyes: Eat meat if you like but don't be so ignorant about it :S

Global Warming:
Some people don't even acknowledge global warming as a fact or a strong basis for the weather messing up in the world... There's people starving because the weather's so ****** up in their country that they're ecstatic when it rains..

We have a government that's apparently a world power and for the people; yet when a natural disaster comes along the area is STILL in ruins *cough* who could that be? *cough*

We also have groups of killing people in the name of their God.. God teaches to not kill one another :s mmk... We have people waging WARS over which God is better..... come on -.-

Call me a hippy but this world needs abit more love it in my opinion :eusa_wall

Global Warming is bull, Africa has been Hot for thousands of years.

It takes a long time to rebuild a city, planning permissions and money but I do agree slightly that they could start knocking down New Orleans.

They use God as a smokescreen.

Ezzie.
17-04-2007, 07:46 PM

It takes a long time to rebuild a city, planning permissions and money but I do agree slightly that they could start knocking down New Orleans.

Global warming is truth.. it's happening right now :S Look at the ice poles?

They're one of the biggest economic powers of the world... please =/ They could've had it fixed up by now :eusa_wall

And God as a smokescreen... it's a personal decision

17-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Global warming is truth.. it's happening right now :S Look at the ice poles?

They're one of the biggest economic powers of the world... please =/ They could've had it fixed up by now :eusa_wall

And God as a smokescreen... it's a personal decision

The temperture of the earth changes all the time, sometimes it heats up ever so slightly for 60 years then drops a bit, sometimes it plunges into Ice Ages etc.

The terrorists are crackpots who use religion as a smokescreen, I think they are either brainwashed/mental or like killing.

OMGitsaROSS
17-04-2007, 07:57 PM
I think there is nothing like Global Warming lol ;D

:Liam
17-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Global warming is happening, Heres proof:
http://www.ec.gc.ca/EnviroZine/images/Issue57/BeaufortSea_l.jpg
Also some parts of england reaching tempratures of places like spain last summer .

Leprachaun--X
17-04-2007, 08:00 PM

It takes a long time to re-bulit a city maybe. But to be a country that relys on the fact it wants to be the most powerful in the world economically then they're not doing very good now are they?

And God as a smokescreen? This isn't Pokémon. Its people wanting their rights to be known and their god to be recognised. They dont just say "Oh yea lets make up a god an worship it then use that to wage a war.

And in my opinion the world is doomed. Look at the recycling issue.

Who the hell invented the bin and why did he not think or recyling?

I know!!!

Lets put all out rubbish into a container.
When that's full we will put it into a bigger container.
Then when thats full people will collect that container and put it into a bigger container.
Then when they've filled that container they will put the contents into a pile in a huge hole in the ground.
When the hole is full we will dig another.
When there is no space left we are screwed.
Then we move to another planet and leave earth in a state that we created.

Yea to be honest. Earth does seem suckish.

Ezzie.
17-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Great points leprachaun my friend, you seem to be on the same mind set as me :p

As Land of confusion says:

There's too many men..
too many people....
making too many problems....
and there's not much love to go around,
can't you see this is a land of confusion HAR HAR HAR HAR

Scott™
17-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Tbh i'd trust scientists working about Global warming etc rather than a 15 yr old kid named ross :]

blogbal warming is happening s :l

mangle
17-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Global warming may not be down to human activity. We have had four ice ages in this world and after each one we had an "interglacial period" during these times the world heated up again and the ice melted away. There is a fairly decent chance we are going through one of those atm and its all natures course.

17-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Global warming is happening, Heres proof:
http://www.ec.gc.ca/EnviroZine/images/Issue57/BeaufortSea_l.jpg
Also some parts of england reaching tempratures of places like spain last summer .

That has always happened.

It takes a long time to re-bulit a city maybe. But to be a country that relys on the fact it wants to be the most powerful in the world economically then they're not doing very good now are they?

And God as a smokescreen? This isn't Pokémon. Its people wanting their rights to be known and their god to be recognised. They dont just say "Oh yea lets make up a god an worship it then use that to wage a war.

And in my opinion the world is doomed. Look at the recycling issue.

Who the hell invented the bin and why did he not think or recyling?

I know!!!

Lets put all out rubbish into a container.
When that's full we will put it into a bigger container.
Then when thats full people will collect that container and put it into a bigger container.
Then when they've filled that container they will put the contents into a pile in a huge hole in the ground.
When the hole is full we will dig another.
When there is no space left we are screwed.
Then we move to another planet and leave earth in a state that we created.

Yea to be honest. Earth does seem suckish.

Earth isn't doomed.

Tbh i'd trust scientists working about Global warming etc rather than a 15 yr old kid named ross :]

blogbal warming is happening s :l

Who is ross?

Anyway, in 20 or so years you'll all realise the stupidendous amount of money we spent tackling nothing was a waste.

Ezzie.
17-04-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm praying for the hippy revolution to come again :p All anti war albums played everywhere and just peace and love but i doubt it'll happen again =P

And I know the earth goes through a cooling process but it's happening rather quick this time round isn't it?

GommeInc
17-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Meh, I agree in some of it. There was a program on not long ago about where food comes from and whether it is better to buy from super markets or local groveries because of how far food travels. The annoying woman was going on about how bad it is with all this food coming over from New Zealand that she never once thought, or said, that 100,000 blocks of Anchor Butter sent from New Zealand to England is better than just 100 blocks. They moan about people sharing lifts, but why can't food share lifts on a plane!? Silly woman.

Global Warming malarchy is pathetic, really.

PriceTags
17-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I think 'global warming' was always going to happen, and we're just going into a phase where the Earth is heating up, and will turn tropical again and humans will be wiped out. Just like the dinosaurs... but idk what happened to them. A few million years ago the UK was sand and palm trees, and we're just going into that again. In a few million more years some new animals will come.

brandon
17-04-2007, 09:29 PM
no i'm not sick of it, global warning is a worrying issue but the other stuff i couldn't care about

velocity
17-04-2007, 09:31 PM
people panic about it too much, we'll adapt over time.

DiscoPat
17-04-2007, 09:46 PM
You're right in a way but then again, am I wrong in thinking that no one gives a crums about it because one person cant really make a difference, however if everyone cares about it then maybe we can do something about it and again am I the only one who thinks **** the next generation? Let them think about it..

Mentor
17-04-2007, 10:46 PM
To be fair, go back 20 years and everyone was going on about how we were going to die from global cooling o.0

Ezzie.
17-04-2007, 10:51 PM
To be fair, go back 20 years and everyone was going on about how we were going to die from global cooling o.0

20 years is a huge amount of time isn't it :rolleyes:

T0M
18-04-2007, 12:35 AM
I personally dont believe global warming is real, as undertaker said some scientists are saying the earth has always heated up and cooled down.

We are wasting millions/billions on this when we could be saving kids in africa, or loads of other better causes than this made up rubbish

Nixt
18-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Earth isn't doomed.

Ultimately, it is...

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 01:56 PM
If we stopped eating meat we could feed every starving person in the world with the grain saved instead of using it for animals, will you give up meat?

Also we're not wasting money. If global warming is a true cause then we certainly need to act now instead of living in ignorance which is what we're doing =/

T0M
18-04-2007, 02:48 PM
If we stopped eating meat we could feed every starving person in the world with the grain saved instead of using it for animals, will you give up meat?

Also we're not wasting money. If global warming is a true cause then we certainly need to act now instead of living in ignorance which is what we're doing =/

But we dont know for sure if global warming is real, so why waste money on something that MIGHT happen, we we could save 100's of thousands of childrens lives across the world who we know 100% for sure that ARE DIEING as we speak

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 02:54 PM
But we dont know for sure if global warming is real, so why waste money on something that MIGHT happen, we we could save 100's of thousands of childrens lives across the world who we know 100% for sure that ARE DIEING as we speak

Alas you didn't answer my first question..

Also you do know that if global warming happened the whole of humanity would probably be wiped out? :eusa_wall

alexxxxx
18-04-2007, 03:30 PM
it's not as simple as just 'going over there and saving them' is it now?

Mentor
18-04-2007, 04:07 PM
[B][COLOR="Black"]If we stopped eating meat we could feed every starving person in the world with the grain saved instead of using it for animals, will you give up meat?
Then the pigs will learn to fly and take to the skys, the statistic despite being over quoted is utter crap. It has no basis in fact, at all, its just a wild assumption based on the strength of "if you say it enough people start to believe its true".

Also, a better way to save poor children would be instead of spending 100s of billions on killing them (the military budges in places like the US) you could spend the money clothing, feeding and housing, which i think its something like a single years of the US's budget could do for a century or two.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Then the pigs will learn to fly and take to the skys, the statistic despite being over quoted is utter crap. It has no basis in fact, at all, its just a wild assumption based on the strength of "if you say it enough people start to believe its true".

Also, a better way to save poor children would be instead of spending 100s of billions on killing them (the military budges in places like the US) you could spend the money clothing, feeding and housing, which i think its something like a single years of the US's budget could do for a century or two.

It's been proven though i can't quote it as i forgot the place i found it :eusa_wall

But indeed as you said, the us's budget could provide food/shelter/clothing but alas it seems they're too busy fighting for oil :rolleyes:

Dan2nd
18-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I saw this thing on tv a while ago saying in the last decade they've recorded the biggest solar flares in 2000 years or something and thats whats making the earths tempature rise not human activity. & Give up meat? why not give up our cars and electricity at the same time :l

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I saw this thing on tv a while ago saying in the last decade they've recorded the biggest solar flares in 2000 years or something and thats whats making the earths tempature rise not human activity. & Give up meat? why not give up our cars and electricity at the same time :l

Ignorance is bliss :eusa_booh

hazardous3
18-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Global warming isn't all doom or gloom. Think about the weather in the UK. The Ice poles were bound to melt sooner or later, nothing lasts forever!

I dont eat meat, so you cant blame me for the starving people in Africa.

Anyway, the picture is proof of global warming.

Implausible.

hobo
18-04-2007, 04:25 PM
global warming is bull.
the world is constantly heating up/cooling down.
it's natural.

& the whole not eating meat thing is moronic.
how on earth does it help animals?
the animals we eat are bred to be food, so would not exist in the first place if we werent going to eat them.

Dan2nd
18-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Ignorance is bliss :eusa_booh

Lol to be honest even if we are causing global warming I don't really care I'm enjoying life and theres no point in spending meh life worrying I'm destroying the planet or trying not to step on a bug I've never been charitable and never will to be honest.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Lol to be honest even if we are causing global warming I don't really care I'm enjoying life and theres no point in spending meh life worrying I'm destroying the planet or trying not to step on a bug I've never been charitable and never will to be honest.

That's being called cold hearted ;)

Also yep i totally agree the world heats up then cools down but the rate at the earth is doing it is quite alarming

Mentor
18-04-2007, 05:06 PM
It's been proven though i can't quote it as i forgot the place i found it :eusa_wall

Proven and claimed by a random internet user are not the same thing, the claims bull.

velocity
18-04-2007, 05:10 PM
but then, you'd be killing animals/wildlife, inturn killing us as we cant live without some species of animal.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 05:18 PM
but then, you'd be killing animals/wildlife, inturn killing us as we cant live without some species of animal.

Actually we can live without using animals :rolleyes: But thats a totally different subject.

Also entor it was given as a stat on the leading vegetarian site... eugh let me get my memory back and i'll tell you the site :p

Breakfloor
18-04-2007, 05:23 PM
While all this is happening people are still throwing stuff that you can recycle in the bin.

Global warming
at the end of the day theres nothing we can do now but slow it down. i really wish we could reverse the damage but im sorry to say its gone too far.

Terrorism over gods:
same as global warming. people think "oh if i kill this man god will let me in because im killing a person that doesnt beleive" the only thing we can do is wait untill the religion isnt used anymore. you cant bring out a law like "christianity is banned because theres terrorist trying to support jesus"

Meats:
we can stop eating food but we have to wait for the vegans/vegetarians to be alot wider and one day maybe eating meat is rare.

imagine meat was banned and you get a caution then a prizon sentace for eating/handling it, it would become like drugs. people would smuggle it, people would make farms just to get the "best type" of meat and maybe people would turn to cannibalism

the world is so messed up its too late too turn back. its like earth has gone onto a eternel traffic jam

velocity
18-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Actually we can live without using animals :rolleyes: But thats a totally different subject.

Also entor it was given as a stat on the leading vegetarian site... eugh let me get my memory back and i'll tell you the site :p

no, because the animals will die and countries will be worse off then when they started?

take africa for example, they rely on animals for touriusm income, as they cant elsewhere, land for farming is poor, and industries are unable to settle there. theres many more examples, but its a fact without ANY animals whatsoever. the world would indeed be screwed.

Breakfloor
18-04-2007, 05:33 PM
^^ good point!

Roboevil
18-04-2007, 05:47 PM
imagine meat was banned and you get a caution then a prizon sentace for eating/handling it, it would become like drugs. people would smuggle it, people would make farms just to get the "best type" of meat and maybe people would turn to cannibalism

...You think if meat was banned, people would result to cannibalism?

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 05:53 PM
no, because the animals will die and countries will be worse off then when they started?

take africa for example, they rely on animals for touriusm income, as they cant elsewhere, land for farming is poor, and industries are unable to settle there. theres many more examples, but its a fact without ANY animals whatsoever. the world would indeed be screwed.

You're taking this EXTREMELY out of context here, I never said no animals atall in the world :S I love animals , one of the reasons for me being vegetarian :S Where the hell did you get me saying i wanted all animals wiped off the face of the Earth? I said if there was no animals (inclining to ones that will be killed such as cows/chickens etc) that their would be no hunger as the amount of grain and water used is kind of insane to say the least..

RedStratocas
18-04-2007, 05:56 PM

We're really always using animals for something, directly and indirectly

velocity
18-04-2007, 05:59 PM
"If we stopped eating meat we could feed every starving person in the world with the grain saved instead of using it for animals, will you give up meat?"

Animals eat the grain -> no grain = no food for animals.

giving up food for people is a bigger risk and will cause more problems, even though you are saving some - the amount of people you save will cause more problems thoughout the world, making it worse for everyone else.

basically, your risking a handfull of people for an entire population of people.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 06:14 PM
"If we stopped eating meat we could feed every starving person in the world with the grain saved instead of using it for animals, will you give up meat?"

Animals eat the grain -> no grain = no food for animals.

giving up food for people is a bigger risk and will cause more problems, even though you are saving some - the amount of people you save will cause more problems thoughout the world, making it worse for everyone else.

basically, your risking a handfull of people for an entire population of people.

Ah yes, i'm sure people will die from fresh vegetables and non junk food compared to a drug pumped slab of meat :rolleyes:

Also your equation is messed up..

If we stopped mass producing animals for slaughter =

Animals eat grain + people eat grain= happier world

=]

We're really always using animals for something, directly and indirectly

Yeah good point but we could always stop using animals for various things, I don't really have a problem with people milking cows for milk and people having hens for the eggs but it's just the way the animals are treated through it.. kinda harsh ;/

velocity
18-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Ah yes, i'm sure people will die from fresh vegetables and non junk food compared to a drug pumped slab of meat :rolleyes:

Also your equation is messed up..

=]

Yeah good point but we could always stop using animals for various things, I don't really have a problem with people milking cows for milk and people having hens for the eggs but it's just the way the animals are treated through it.. kinda harsh ;/

nah, animals dont just provide food, they provide a way of life for people, without them the world would become corrupt, they rely on them for most things..

also, you woulnt be able to harvest any vegtables if there were no animals, there wouldnt be any money to produce it [:

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 06:40 PM
nah, animals dont just provide food, they provide a way of life for people, without them the world would become corrupt, they rely on them for most things..

also, you woulnt be able to harvest any vegtables if there were no animals, there wouldnt be any money to produce it [:

:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall :eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Read what I say PLEASE! I never said get rid of animals for christ sake :rolleyes:

Blue
18-04-2007, 06:50 PM
say if we went back to the stop eating meat thing, we would still be feeding the animals grain (unless we want them to starve to death) and there would be more of them without us killing them for meat, so we would eventually take more food off the animals and they would die and so on and so forth...

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 07:00 PM
say if we went back to the stop eating meat thing, we would still be feeding the animals grain (unless we want them to starve to death) and there would be more of them without us killing them for meat, so we would eventually take more food off the animals and they would die and so on and so forth...

Sorry but that's completely untrue, less animals needed for slaughter= less animals... :eusa_wall

Mentor
18-04-2007, 07:13 PM

because a stat a vegiteran pulled out of the **** is posted on a vegiteran site doesnt make it true. It just means every other stat that website gives probably shouldn't be trusted as they obviously dont check there facts have no problem publishing misinformation and outright lies.

More likely the population would just impeach any government that tryed to press such a stupid agender, it wouldn't get threw the house of commons and no government that stupid would ever get in to power. So its just not plausible.
Plus if your considering cannibalism just because someones could ban meat products im going to suggest seeking phyceatric help.

=]
Unluckly the problem is.
Animals eat grass. We eat animals and are healthy.
Humans eat grass, human ends up in hospital.
Hence animals mean more food is available to the population.

The primary food for the west is potatoes. The primary for the east is rice. No where has the primary food of grain.
If you want to go back to nature you really shouldn't eat grain anyway, its only becuse of humans the present form of grain even exists, its basically a GM food, exsept useing the slower less accurate method of selective germination (breeding is normaly used, but that doesnt make sense with plants)

Those animals still need to eat you know?

Sorry but that's completely untrue, less animals needed for slaughter= less animals... :eusa_wall

So your just going to let the current animal stock starve to death, as its obviously nicer to let something have a slow painful death than a quick painless one, which would also have the benefit of feeding people instead of just being pointless "/

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 07:28 PM
because a stat a vegiteran pulled out of the **** is posted on a vegiteran site doesnt make it true. It just means every other stat that website gives probably shouldn't be trusted as they obviously dont check there facts have no problem publishing misinformation and outright lies.

Right ok then... :rolleyes: Don't believe a reliable source;)

Unluckly the problem is.
Animals eat grass. We eat animals and are healthy.
Humans eat grass, human ends up in hospital.
Hence animals mean more food is available to the population.

That is a stupid argument. I believe many vegetarians don't eat grass;)

Those animals still need to eat you know?
So your just going to let the current animal stock starve to death, as its obviously nicer to let something have a slow painful death than a quick painless one, which would also have the benefit of feeding people instead of just being pointless "/

Where is your logic? come on man... let the current population of animals live but control the next population or *shock* let it occur naturally instead of mass producing animals for the slaughter, you seem to be giving pointless arguments that can be easily answered by logic.

Kardan
18-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Apparently we're going through an ice age - where the ice builds up (before 1950) and the ice melts (1950+)

And if we want to stop global warming - eat more beef. 10% of global warming is caused by cows.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Apparently we're going through an ice age - where the ice builds up (before 1950) and the ice melts (1950+)

And if we want to stop global warming - eat more beef. 10% of global warming is caused by cows.

That made no sense rofl

Blue
18-04-2007, 07:37 PM
still there would be reprocussions from stopping from killing of meat, what about farmers who make a living through selling livestock? What about people in third world countries who rear cattle because they can't live on just what they grow?
But just not on the topic of cows, other animals that we eat aswell. What about pigs?

18-04-2007, 07:39 PM

That is a clever point, the Ice could of been building up since 1500's or anything and now it melts a bit.

The biggest danger to the world in the smell of bull that comes from the theroy 'Global Warming'

Also Humans are supposed to eat Meat not just fruit and Veg, our body's can suffer if we do not eat meat.

And if meat was wiped out then we wouldn't be able to survive on crops, we would only have so much fertile land so Africa would be no use.

Mentor
18-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Right ok then... :rolleyes: Don't believe a reliable source;)
I take it the posters telling us how great stalin was from back when the USSR was in full string are also considrerd a reliable source by you?

That is a stupid argument. I believe many vegetarians don't eat grass;)
If you read what i said, youd notice thats the point. Humans cant eat grass. Animals can. How can you claim animals eat all our food when they eat primarily something that would land you in hospital if you tryed to.
But, we can eat the animals that do eat this food. So eating animals, and having them means more food is available to humans.

Where is your logic? come on man... let the current population of animals live but control the next population or *shock* let it occur naturally instead of mass producing animals for the slaughter, you seem to be giving pointless arguments that can be easily answered by logic.
Animals would breed alot faster if we didnt stop them? which we in fact do. So were still stuck with thousands of thousands of animals, which still need to eat, and unless we kill them, or eat them are just going to stay there. The population will rise even faster if you leave em to it. Until winder when they all die a slow and painful death o.0 you must really love animals :rolleyes:

18-04-2007, 07:44 PM
There is nothing wrong with Mass producing animals for food.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 07:49 PM
still there would be reprocussions from stopping from killing of meat, what about farmers who make a living through selling livestock? What about people in third world countries who rear cattle because they can't live on just what they grow?
But just not on the topic of cows, other animals that we eat aswell. What about pigs?

Theese are some very big questions you know :P But i'll try and answer them..

The farmers would have to get new jobs, simple as, or they could farm non meat products, quite a hard question =/

Also a hard question about third world farmers, I'm too tired to think of a complex one for that but i'll get back to you ^_^

and the third question: what do you mean? the question's too vague :S Just because we stop eating meat doesn't mean the animals will become extinct, they'll go back to how they were meant to be, pigs travelling round in groups etc etc

18-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Why SHOULD we stop eating meat?

velocity
18-04-2007, 07:52 PM
people like you annoy me, because if you dont eat meat - keep it to yourself, theres nothing at all wrong with eating it, our bodies are designed to eat it - as our teeth show. so you have no right to go around saying how bad it really is, when most of the time, its done in a humane way.

tbh, if they had a choice, i dont think they's even think twice before eating you..

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 08:08 PM
I take it the posters telling us how great stalin was from back when the USSR was in full string are also considrerd a reliable source by you?

And Hitler's followers thought he was a saint? Total irrelevancy.

If you read what i said, youd notice thats the point. Humans cant eat grass. Animals can. How can you claim animals eat all our food when they eat primarily something that would land you in hospital if you tryed to.
But, we can eat the animals that do eat this food. So eating animals, and having them means more food is available to humans.

Except the meat you eat is high in fat/cholesterol, usually contains tons of drugs within it like sterols, antibiotics, growth hormones and other drugs... also induces heart problems, kidney stones and gallstones, need I go on? o.O

Animals would breed alot faster if we didnt stop them? which we in fact do. So were still stuck with thousands of thousands of animals, which still need to eat, and unless we kill them, or eat them are just going to stay there. The population will rise even faster if you leave em to it. Until winder when they all die a slow and painful death o.0 you must really love animals :rolleyes:

Winder away and slowly die? That's if you locked them in a cage; then yes they would , if you actually let them out and left them to graze they wouldn't wither away or die? I'd prefer to live a long life and then die than rather be born into a cage and them be killed young? And yes thank you i do love animals =]

Alas, the meat industry breeds alot more animals than nature would intended, the amount of water and grain/soy beans used is pretty incredible, they're actually knocking down rain forests to make more room for the animals now..:rolleyes:

But anyway I can see we have two opposite views, I respect your views but I can clearly see we're never going to sway each other to join our side :P

GommeInc
18-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I can see why there is a distinct lack of vegetarian extremists in government :s

I want to eat meat. I will not give it up for a cause which has no reliable claim stated anywhere that going vegan/vegetarian will save this planet.

We can't stop Global Warming, thinking so is just idiots belief and saying eating meat is to blame is to ignorance. If you bother looking at studies on the world, you would notice that Earth goes through different phases of its life. Global Warming is what is happening now and Global Cooling is what is happening afterwards, either through that volcanic island exploiding causing ash to rise into the air blocking out the sun, or through other means. Either way, we cannot stop nature, thinking so probably means you should seek anxiety councilling.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 08:23 PM
people like you annoy me, because if you dont eat meat - keep it to yourself, theres nothing at all wrong with eating it, our bodies are designed to eat it - as our teeth show. so you have no right to go around saying how bad it really is, when most of the time, its done in a humane way.

tbh, if they had a choice, i dont think they's even think twice before eating you..

It's people like you that annoy me, see a small bit of my post, enlarge it then start an argument, which leads me to defend my point of view, when i defend it you complain i'm pressuring things onto you..:rolleyes:

I can see why there is a distinct lack of vegetarian extremists in government :s

I want to eat meat. I will not give it up for a cause which has no reliable claim stated anywhere that going vegan/vegetarian will save this planet.

We can't stop Global Warming, thinking so is just idiots belief and saying eating meat is to blame is to ignorance. If you bother looking at studies on the world, you would notice that Earth goes through different phases of its life. Global Warming is what is happening now and Global Cooling is what is happening afterwards, either through that volcanic island exploiding causing ash to rise into the air blocking out the sun, or through other means. Either way, we cannot stop nature, thinking so probably means you should seek anxiety councilling.

Eat meat, my familly eat meat, I don't try and turn them, it's just when someone tries to disprove my case of being vegetarian that i fight back. Also eating meat isn't to blame for global warming but the amount of food/water used on the huge amount of animals still hurts. Indeed we cannot stop nature, she's a *****, but polluting the air like we have been isn't helping the earth or ourselves, just think of all those fumes getting into your lungs- not too good =/

And anxiety counseling? umm ok :p

GommeInc
18-04-2007, 08:28 PM
And it is people like you which make it pointless to argue with because you completely blank out a point raise and you obviously have no answer for.

You don't eat meat. Fine, keep it to yourself and stop trying to get people to think eating grain is good for you. Humans can eat meat, we have to teeth and the digestive system for it. We were meant to eat meat more than vegetables and fruit infact, because meat digests easier than vegetables which take that bit more longer, don't believe me? Look at other animals "/

Anyway, starving children in Africa probably need to eat meat, before considering to eat vegetables, they can get alot more nutrition out of one bite of beef, than one stick of celery.

Eat meat, my familly eat meat, I don't try and turn them, it's just when someone tries to disprove my case of being vegetarian that i fight back.
Because the case has no sufficient evidence, maybe?

Also eating meat isn't to blame for global warming but the amount of food/water used on the huge amount of animals still hurts. Indeed we cannot stop nature, she's a *****, but polluting the air like we have been isn't helping the earth or ourselves, just think of all those fumes getting into your lungs- not too good =/
Thus, we let nature suffer by punishing it with litter, driving and going abroad :P Down to serious level now, animals need water and food so we can eat them, depending if they're the animals you "beef" up for food, but if you mean animal as in pet, we have grown a bond between us, so we obviously would feed it/them. That food/water is what Africa doesn't want us to send. I think it was Comic Relief which quoted from some Africans that they do not want food charity. They want the money to grow their own crops and get tool donations. And this pollutants getting into our lungs, our bodies can filter out this. We do not get alot in our lungs, we need pure CO and CO2, which means you have to stick your head up an exhaust pipe for any serious effects, but just walking down a London street would do nothing, our bodies filter it out each time we breathe.

And anxiety counseling? umm ok :p
Worrying about the world ending as serious as some people probably does require it :P

PS. Curse you and your bold and colour!

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 08:32 PM
And it is people like you which make it pointless to argue with because you completely blank out a point raise and you obviously have no answer for.

You don't eat meat. Fine, keep it to yourself and stop trying to get people to think eating grain is good for you. Humans can eat meat, we have to teeth and the digestive system for it. We were meant to eat meat more than vegetables and fruit infact, because meat digests easier than vegetables which take that bit more longer, don't believe me? Look at other animals "/

Anyway, starving children in Africa probably need to eat meat, before considering to eat vegetables, they can get alot more nutrition out of one bite of beef, than one stick of celery.

Read my previous post again, you seem to be taking a very aggresive stance against me when i'm just defending my beliefs.

Vegetarians don't live on grain.. where did you get that?

It seems you're the one who blanks out points as you've just done in this quote, note the title: Hypocrisy?

The last paragraph i'm disregarding as it's pointless b.s.

Also can we try going back to what I actually wrote? I was actually asking everyone what they thought about the world going on, wars/global warming/hunger etc -.-

Because the case has no sufficient evidence, maybe?

Oh contrare there is is alot of basis behind going vegetarian or at the least cutting down on western society meat consumption, alot of the asian cultures live longer lives as they eat less meat and more healthier, also to whoever said about our bodies are designed to consume meat, we're not. Our "meat eating" teeth are at the side of our mouth and notice that our closest animal relatives are vegetarian? Humans can eat meat without dieing but we can live a fully free meat diet and live healthier and possibly longer (meat rots in your intestines etc- fun)

Thus, we let nature suffer by punishing it with litter, driving and going abroad :P Down to serious level now, animals need water and food so we can eat them, depending if they're the animals you "beef" up for food, but if you mean animal as in pet, we have grown a bond between us, so we obviously would feed it/them. That food/water is what Africa doesn't want us to send. I think it was Comic Relief which quoted from some Africans that they do not want food charity. They want the money to grow their own crops and get tool donations. And this pollutants getting into our lungs, our bodies can filter out this. We do not get alot in our lungs, we need pure CO and CO2, which means you have to stick your head up an exhaust pipe for any serious effects, but just walking down a London street would do nothing, our bodies filter it out each time we breathe.

I'm aware of the Africa situation and I respect their views of not accepting food/water but wanting to sort it out by themselves but the ample amount of water used for animals and the amount of food used can't be helping the environment too much, also about the air pollution, we can't always just filter it out, I'm not a fantastic scientist but i think this is how it goes: the molecules that are the polluted ones get breathed in but they're quite heavy compared to normal air particles thus it's quite hard to filter them out, hence you absorbing the molecules which can cause various problems.

Also apparently there was a survey of sorts by the government and it showed that asthma was growing more and more in cities.

Worrying about the world ending as serious as some people probably does require it :P

PS. Curse you and your bold and colour!
Fear my black boldness! :p

GommeInc
18-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I updated my post after you updated yours, and it has been proven that meat has more nutrients. Plants have alot of useless waste materials which our bodies can't properly digest. Goes to show that some vegetarians are unhealthy and complain about looking fat (they eat more, therefore their stomach bulges).

I just moaned that global warming rubbish is annoying when people on this TV programme I watched moaned about buying goods that come from hundreds of miles away when it is better to ship in 100,000 apples than just 100.

velocity
18-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Read my previous post again, you seem to be taking a very aggresive stance against me when i'm just defending my beliefs.

Vegetarians don't live on grain.. where did you get that?

It seems you're the one who blanks out points as you've just done in this quote, note the title: Hypocrisy?

The last paragraph i'm disregarding as it's pointless b.s.

Also can we try going back to what I actually wrote? I was actually asking everyone what they thought about the world going on, wars/global warming/hunger etc -.-

because you bash on about it, if you think its a cruel way towards animals, fine, just dont tell us about it - because we're really not intrested.

i have more of a scientific view on things, our bodies are made to eat meat, therefore, i will continue to - getting a good balance of the things i suppost to. i have care towards animals - but im far from 'loving' them. they eat one another and as far as im concerned as a mammal im entitled to do the same.

its a simple way of life. you live, you die. i can understand if you family are all vegies, but your only going on about it because you love and care for them - if you really did, you'd take some time to think about the population crisis that would form if nobody ate meat, coutries would be overun with animals, and it would be a right state, they are a way of life, they are made to be eaten as far as im conerned.

so really you have no right to tell people what to do when they are designed for it & its clearly a way of life.

back on track;
i think global warming is only a phase that the earth will go through, as its had many before, people are worrying too much, when they can use the raw materials they have left to make these so called 'eco-friendly' things to invest in the future, when they are all gone.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 08:59 PM
I updated my post after you updated yours, and it has been proven that meat has more nutrients. Plants have alot of useless waste materials which our bodies can't properly digest. Goes to show that some vegetarians are unhealthy and complain about looking fat (they eat more, therefore their stomach bulges).

I just moaned that global warming rubbish is annoying when people on this TV programme I watched moaned about buying goods that come from hundreds of miles away when it is better to ship in 100,000 apples than just 100.

[/quote]

Thats ********. They are obviously vegetarians who don't know how to eat properly, also you can find a wider range of nutrients from various vegetables and fruit than meat.

Second bit i don't really understand but *nod and agree*

because you bash on about it, if you think its a cruel way towards animals, fine, just dont tell us about it - because we're really not intrested.

This is a religion/world news and philosophy forum, if you're not ready to look outside the box, get out of the forum. Simple as that.

i have more of a scientific view on things, our bodies are made to eat meat, therefore, i will continue to - getting a good balance of the things i suppost to. i have care towards animals - but im far from 'loving' them. they eat one another and as far as im concerned as a mammal im entitled to do the same.

I have a scientific view on many things ;) Our bodies aren't made to eat meat, it takes a few hours to digest meat as it's so dense our intestines have to work overtime, also notice our teeth structure? We have two canines on the side of our mouth..

its a simple way of life. you live, you die. i can understand if you family are all vegies, but your only going on about it because you love and care for them - if you really did, you'd take some time to think about the population crisis that would form if nobody ate meat, coutries would be overun with animals, and it would be a right state, they are a way of life, they are made to be eaten as far as im conerned.

Have you heard of supply and demand?

People want meat
Industry breeds animals into a cage then kills them
They sell the meat
Repeat
:rolleyes:
You clearly haven't grasped the concept of "hunting" compared to "mass producing and slaughter of animals"

so really you have no right to tell people what to do when they are designed for it & its clearly a way of life.

Read above, and actually look at the human body, look at our teeth, our hands, we have HUGEEEE teeth, HUGEEEEE claws and naturally we walk on all fours (best combination for a predator)

Oh wait..

back on track;
i think global warming is only a phase that the earth will go through, as its had many before, people are worrying too much, when they can use the raw materials they have left to make these so called 'eco-friendly' things to invest in the future, when they are all gone.

That's the million dollar question though. Is global warming fatal or just a phase, there's arguments pointing both ways :eusa_wall

summer
18-04-2007, 09:11 PM
and here's a lovely image to suit the situation:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 09:12 PM

I'm a big fan of Maddox actually :p but that picture's just so ******ed in so many ways

summer
18-04-2007, 09:14 PM
how can a vegetarian be a fan of maddox? never thought i'd see the day.

that's like a peace activist being a fan of osama bin laden.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 09:16 PM
how can a vegetarian be a fan of maddox? never thought i'd see the day.

that's like a peace activist being a fan of osama bin laden.

His anti vegetarian comments i just ignore, but some of his other stuff is quite funny to read :P

velocity
"This is a religion/world news and philosophy forum, if you're not ready to look outside the box, get out of the forum. Simple as that."

nah, im entitled to an opinion, you cant expect to have every politition agree with your statements - people discuss things, people have many views. you cant expect to post your views without someone else thinking diffrently about it, if you dont want people to go against you opinions, dont post a thread about it in this forum.

"I have a scientific view on many things ;) Our bodies aren't made to eat meat, it takes a few hours to digest meat as it's so dense our intestines have to work overtime, also notice our teeth structure? We have two canines on the side of our mouth.."

yea, to hold meat in a position, whilst the front teeth cut it off, you cant 'attack' a stick of celery, only your front teeth are used, same goes for sweetcorn and such, you dont use your canines for that, therefore meat is the purpose of them. as for the digestive bit, it takes longer to digest some vegtables, and its overtime includes extracting all the nutriants and such. therefore, they ARE designed to eat meat - its part of a healthy diet?

People want meat
They sell the meat
Repeat
You clearly haven't grasped the concept of "hunting" compared to "mass producing and slaughter of animals"

mass producting of dead animals is under a controlled state, a company takes this into consideration obviously - you cant expect to keep killing things and just watch them come back magically, they let them breed in the open, then kill them - if your not happy about that im sorry but thats a part of life, we need to eat & work, animals supply us with this demand, also - they simply cannot just repeat this process, they make sure they are all controlled and they do not run out of the animal they are so called 'slaughtering' they are killed in a proper humane manner, otherwise they would have the government stopping it.

"Read above, and actually look at the human body, look at our teeth, our hands, we have HUGEEEE teeth, HUGEEEEE claws and naturally we walk on all fours (best combination for a predator)"

we've adapted, were the top of the food chain - therefore we dont need claws - or to walk on four legs. yea, we have the teeth for it, the hands hold the things whilst we eat - thats due to many years, humans change and adapt over millions/thousands of years. we dont live underwater, therefore we dont need gills, we dont live in trees, so we dont have to claw our way up trees.

your mum dosent give you a stick and go "o, catch your own dinner tonight" we simply go to a supermarket where its ready for us, thats why we dont need all these claws and such, as they are unnessary.

anything else?

GommeInc
They are obviously vegetarians who don't know how to eat properly, also you can find a wider range of nutrients from various vegetables and fruit than meat.
There maybe a wider range, but that doesn't mean there are more nutrients "/ One sirloin steak has 10x more nutrients in than a salad and meat helps your immune system. Also, how can they eat properly? They've taught themselves not to eat meat "/

Second bit i don't really understand but *nod and agree*

It was about pollution and super markets vs. local grocery stores which sell local food. Aload of rubbish really. Hard to explain anyway.

This is a religion/world news and philosophy forum, if you're not ready to look outside the box, get out of the forum. Simple as that.
Yet you sit in the box of "I am always right and steer away from what people are saying?"

I have a scientific view on many things ;) Our bodies aren't made to eat meat, it takes a few hours to digest meat as it's so dense our intestines have to work overtime, also notice our teeth structure? We have two canines on the side of our mouth..
I bet your vegetarian website said that. Meat has more nutrients and naturally, more is taken in from the body. Meat is good for us. Some meat digests faster. Chicken I think is the fastest, while beef is the longest.

Also, notice we have 4 incisors (2 Central and 2 Lateral) which are tearing meat "/ We have molars and canines to chew, like any other animal :rolleyes: There goes that theory "/

People want meat
They sell the meat
Repeat
This has nothing to do with what he said "/

[COLOR=Black][B]Read above, and actually look at the human body, look at our teeth, our hands, we have HUGEEEE teeth, HUGEEEEE claws and naturally we walk on all fours (best combination for a predator)

Oh wait..
Notice how we also have 4 teeth on each jaw for tearing meat "/ If they weren't for meat, we would have molars in place "/ The "huge claws" makes no sense, we have hands? And hand sizes vary "/ Besides, we don't naturally walk on all fours, we evolved to stand...

That's the million dollar question though. Is global warming fatal or just a phase, there's arguments pointing both ways :eusa_wall
I go with a phase, because as always, the media explodes information and makes it up.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 09:27 PM
"This is a religion/world news and philosophy forum, if you're not ready to look outside the box, get out of the forum. Simple as that."

nah, im entitled to an opinion, you cant expect to have every politition agree with your statements - people discuss things, people have many views. you cant expect to post your views without someone else thinking diffrently about it, if you dont want people to go against you opinions, dont post a thread about it in this forum.

Which is exactly what you was doing just 2 posts ago by telling me what I believed in was wrong, as I said look at the title: Hypocrisy ;)

"I have a scientific view on many things ;) Our bodies aren't made to eat meat, it takes a few hours to digest meat as it's so dense our intestines have to work overtime, also notice our teeth structure? We have two canines on the side of our mouth.."

yea, to hold meat in a position, whilst the front teeth cut it off, you cant 'attack' a stick of celery, only your front teeth are used, same goes for sweetcorn and such, you dont use your canines for that, therefore meat is the purpose of them. as for the digestive bit, it takes longer to digest some vegtables, and its overtime includes extracting all the nutriants and such. therefore, they ARE designed to eat meat - its part of a healthy diet?I seriously think you need to revise what you just said there -.-

People want meat
They sell the meat
Repeat

mass producting of dead animals is under a controlled state, a company takes this into consideration obviously - you cant expect to keep killing things and just watch them come back magically, they let them breed in the open, then kill them - if your not happy about that im sorry but thats a part of life, we need to eat & work, animals supply us with this demand, also - they simply cannot just repeat this process, they make sure they are all controlled and they do not run out of the animal they are so called 'slaughtering' they are killed in a proper humane manner, otherwise they would have the government stopping it.

In this country they kill humane *so as we're told* but have you checked the other countries lately?

"Read above, and actually look at the human body, look at our teeth, our hands, we have HUGEEEE teeth, HUGEEEEE claws and naturally we walk on all fours (best combination for a predator)"

we've adapted, were the top of the food chain - therefore we dont need claws - or to walk on four legs. yea, we have the teeth for it, the hands hold the things whilst we eat - thats due to many years, humans change and adapt over millions/thousands of years. we dont live underwater, therefore we dont need gills, we dont live in trees, so we dont have to claw our way up trees.

your mum dosent give you a stick and go "o, catch your own dinner tonight" we simply go to a supermarket where its ready for us, thats why we dont need all these claws and such, as they are unnessary.

anything else?
That's where you confuse me, you say we adapted over time? So were we once walking on all fours with claws and razor sharp teeth? Haven't heard that in the evolution theories recently...

If we are so called predators, go outside into a field of cows with no weapons on you and kill a cow with your bare hands, eat it raw for added fun... would you?

If you can, survive the fight with the cow, then survive digesting raw meat, then congratulations you're a predator, if you didn't then it proves my point that nature didn't build us to kill other animals.

The reason I'm vegetarian is because i don't believe in killing animals when we can easily sustain ourselves on alternatives, also i'd prefer not to heighten my risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, breast cancer, osteoporosis, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and anemia.

As I said I'd like to get back on topic but you still keep trying to disprove my views.

Anything else? Or can we actually talk about the actual topic now :)

velocity
18-04-2007, 09:35 PM
im sorry, you have no solid evidence for anything you've said there, you're the one telling me to revise, but i can assure you im correct unless you give evidence against our meat eating habits. im sure gommeinc agrees.

i can argue with you all day, unless you give no evidence i can argue this case forever. as you said we've not evolved, look at monkeys, that theory has links to what we used to do, not even i belive it all 100%, but think about it, we evolved from something.

sorry, i have corsework to finish, i'd love to continue pointing out your flaws in your argument - but im needed elsewhere ;]

T0M
18-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Ezzie just ebcause you have an opinion it doesnt mean other peoples ideas/opinions are based on nothing, as some1 has alreadysaid cows contribute 10% of the emissions causing so caleld global warming, and so if you wanna help global warming we should eat more cows not less.

Also being vegetarian helps no1, i have friends who are veggies so i aint having go at you for being one justs aying you aint helping any1 by not eating meat.

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Eugh the computer just ate my long post rofl :rolleyes:

To gomme: some points i agree and some points I don't but i'm too tired to type it out all again :eusa_wall

To velocity: I see no actual facts behind your argument other than "we eat meat cos i say so" and petty insults, i'm merely trying to provide my side of the argument against it seems most other people on the board ^_^

To Smurf: the reason cows contribute 10% of the pollution is because of the mass producing by the meat industry and the amount of waste they produce in the doing so causes the pollution, eating cows will just support the industry more by upping the demand for more beef thus upping the amount of pollution.

Also you say I'm not helping by not eating meating, my opinion is you're not helping BY eating meat ;)

I'm sorry if i've came across abit harsh to you all but it's 1 against 3 here and when someone starts telling me my opinions are "wrong" i retaliate ;)

Mentor
18-04-2007, 10:01 PM
And Hitler's followers thought he was a saint? Total irrelevancy.
What you said is yes. What i said though was totally on point, seeing as your claiming a completely bias sourse to be the haven of truth.

[COLOR=Black]Except the meat you eat is high in fat/cholesterol, usually contains tons of drugs within it like [B]sterols, antibiotics, growth hormones and other drugs... also induces heart problems, kidney stones and gallstones, need I go on? o.O
And the veg you consume is full of and covered in 100s of fertilizers, pesticides, weedisides which are all designed to kill things. There also primary grown in the stuff the drug filled animals are shiting out there back ends.

Secondly, the diseases associated are being pulled out of your own, or someone elses ***, theres no truth in them, there completely unfounded claims.

[COLOR=Black][B]Winder away and slowly die? That's if you locked them in a cage; then yes they would , if you actually let them out and left them to graze they wouldn't wither away or die? I'd prefer to live a long life and then die than rather be born into a cage and them be killed young? And yes thank you i do love animals =]
Yea, the cows will be in aginiseing pain haveing no young, but udders full of milk, in winter they will have no food to graze on, some will starve others will freezes. sheep will overheat in summer becuse they havent been sheered... are you sure you thought this one through?
Maybe we should releace a polar bear in the middle of the sahara to...

Alas, the meat industry breeds alot more animals than nature would intended, the amount of water and grain/soy beans used is pretty incredible, they're actually knocking down rain forests to make more room for the animals now..:rolleyes:
Now imagine if all the animals, instead of being eaten were allowed to breed all day. you think theres two many now o.0

Ezzie.
18-04-2007, 10:26 PM
What you said is yes. What i said though was totally on point, seeing as your claiming a completely bias sourse to be the haven of truth.

And you seem to be giving bias opinions yourself? I'm trying to understand what you're saying but I just can't get my head round why people will kill other animals when you can live perfectly well off of vegetables / fruit yada yada

And the veg you consume is full of and covered in 100s of fertilizers, pesticides, weedisides which are all designed to kill things. There also primary grown in the stuff the drug filled animals are shiting out there back ends.

That's genetically modified vegetables, there is a choice to eat organic vegetables that haven't been tampered with as much.

Secondly, the diseases associated are being pulled out of your own, or someone elses ***, theres no truth in them, there completely unfounded claims.

Red meat is often associated with heart problems, read up about it.

Yea, the cows will be in aginiseing pain haveing no young, but udders full of milk, in winter they will have no food to graze on, some will starve others will freezes. sheep will overheat in summer becuse they havent been sheered... are you sure you thought this one through?
Maybe we should releace a polar bear in the middle of the sahara to...

Question: Did i say sheep shearing was wrong?Though i'm sure there is a non human way they use to get rid of their excess fur but i've forgotten "/ and indeed cows need to be milked or have their young drink their milk otherwise they can go in alot of pain and be quite mad, but if they were out in the wild and were leading normal lives, ie: breeding, giving birth to young etc, then that wouldn't happen

Now imagine if all the animals, instead of being eaten were allowed to breed all day. you think theres two many now o.0

"breed all day".. you do know that a cows gestation period is 9months like a human's right? If you let a NORMAL population of cows out in the wild to drink/graise/breed then their population levels would stay in level ...

As I've said for the 7th time could we please get back to the original topic..... It's getting annoying now replying the same reply for every wannabe critic =/

Mentor
18-04-2007, 11:21 PM
And you seem to be giving bias opinions yourself? I'm trying to understand what you're saying but I just can't get my head round why people will kill other animals when you can live perfectly well off of vegetables / fruit yada yada
Whats that got to do with me calling your source untrustworthy and bias. How does that make my assertion that your source (a pro vegateran website) is bias, a bias one itself?
The bias of a particular source is completely irrelevant to mine or your beliefs on the ethics of it, so stop changing the subject.
The claim getting rid of animals would free up enough grain to feed the world is still an outright lie.

That's genetically modified vegetables, there is a choice to eat organic vegetables that haven't been tampered with as much.
GM foods use alot less herbiseds, pestisides etc as the plants are stronger and more resistant to the pests and weeds themselves. Organic is still grown in animal poo, as nature intended.

[COLOR=Black][B]Red meat is often associated with heart problems, read up about it.
Again, yea, its associated with heard problems because alot of pro people keep makeing these association's.
The fact remains there is NO proof, evidence that shows a link between eating meat and increased risk of heart disease.

Statistically though it should be noted, the people with the lowest rates of heart deasese are those with high fish diets (fish = meat)

Question: Did i say sheep shearing was wrong?
So your just not going to feed the sheep and let it starve instead?
After all if you feed the sheep your still useing all your grain.

Though i'm sure there is a non human way they use to get rid of their excess fur but i've forgotten
Theres not, they have the fur becuse humans selectively bred them to grow it, we pretty much made modern day sheep.

and indeed cows need to be milked or have their young drink their milk otherwise they can go in alot of pain and be quite mad, but if they were out in the wild and were leading normal lives, ie: breeding, giving birth to young etc, then that wouldn't happen
It would, cows again are a constrcution of humans via selective breeding, they produce much more milk than is needed to feed there young. Theres no way these animals could survive without humans.

N"breed all day".. you do know that a cows gestation period is 9months like a human's right? If you let a NORMAL population of cows out in the wild to drink/graise/breed then their population levels would stay in level
There are alot more cows than bulls, the bulls will breed all day and every day, reguadless of weather a cow is already pregnant. its part of pretty much all lifes defult programming (its an exspression, not litral)

As I've said for the 7th time could we please get back to the original topic..... It's getting annoying now replying the same reply for every wannabe critic =/

This is on topic, its part of the worlds hypocrisy that alot of people are sick of.

Ezzie.
19-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Whats that got to do with me calling your source untrustworthy and bias. How does that make my assertion that your source (a pro vegateran website) is bias, a bias one itself?
The bias of a particular source is completely irrelevant to mine or your beliefs on the ethics of it, so stop changing the subject.
The claim getting rid of animals would free up enough grain to feed the world is still an outright lie.

What I meant was, if we stopped mass producing cows/chickens etc, then we would free up alot of water/grain/soy bean that could be converted to food, but as you said (i think you said) that alot of the 3rd world countries wont accept food, which kind of makes my point obscelete as I didn't know the 3rd worlders were denying food, but it's still quite a thought.

GM foods use alot less herbiseds, pestisides etc as the plants are stronger and more resistant to the pests and weeds themselves. Organic is still grown in animal poo, as nature intended.

Hmm whilst that may be true I heard that some of the chemicals they use in GM foods can be more harmful?

Again, yea, its associated with heard problems because alot of pro people keep makeing these association's.
The fact remains there is NO proof, evidence that shows a link between eating meat and increased risk of heart disease.

From what I've read up on the subject they have some quite significant evidence? Though one solution could be to eat more "white meat" than red, thus solving the heart problem.

Statistically though it should be noted, the people with the lowest rates of heart deasese are those with high fish diets (fish = meat)

Doesn't surprise me but one of the reasons I don't eat fish is because alot of the species of common supermarket fish (such as salmon) are on the endangered list from over fishing =/ I think the only non endangered salmon in the world is from Alaska, I believe there was a report saying that the next generation probably wont be eating fish (as in farmed from other areas of the world) but it could be proporganda.

So your just not going to feed the sheep and let it starve instead?
After all if you feed the sheep your still useing all your grain.

Of course I wouldn't let the sheep starve, use the food for the sheep for 1st generation, control population of next generation which would therefore free up food to be sent elsewhere (but as I said if 3rd world countries aren't accepting food then it doesn't exactly matter)

Theres not, they have the fur becuse humans selectively bred them to grow it, we pretty much made modern day sheep.

Which is kind of a big problem, if mankind suddenly lost the need for sheep; what would happen?

It would, cows again are a constrcution of humans via selective breeding, they produce much more milk than is needed to feed there young. Theres no way these animals could survive without humans.

Again, another big problem =/ it's a shame that they can't be reintroduced back into the wild because as you said, the amount of milk they can hold is too much for even their calves.

There are alot more cows than bulls, the bulls will breed all day and every day, reguadless of weather a cow is already pregnant. its part of pretty much all lifes defult programming (its an exspression, not litral)

Of course, but I don't see how this matters?

This is on topic, its part of the worlds hypocrisy that alot of people are sick of.

If that's a kind snide comment at me, i'm disregarding it ^_^

19-04-2007, 04:01 PM

Lol agreed.

And we can't eat grass and fatty meat is healther than grass for humans, as far as i'm aware meat is fat by nature.

It annoys me when Veggies complain about us eating meat, and now they appear to be using the pathetic Global Warming theroy against us.

Ezzie.
19-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Lol agreed.

And we can't eat grass and fatty meat is healther than grass for humans, as far as i'm aware meat is fat by nature.

It annoys me when Veggies complain about us eating meat, and now they appear to be using the pathetic Global Warming theroy against us.

Evidence a) A typical idiot who doesn't read all of the posts :rolleyes:

velocity
19-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Evidence a) A typical idiot who doesn't read all of the posts :rolleyes:

Evidence b) A typical idiot thats unable to take others opinions into consideration and has no evidence for his own.

hobo
19-04-2007, 05:56 PM

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ezzie.
19-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Evidence b) A typical idiot thats unable to take others opinions into consideration and has no evidence for his own.

Oh quite the contrary, I was taking in gomme's and entors views and even agreed with a fair few of them :)

I point you to evidence a again :rolleyes:

Ps: This discussion is about peoples beliefs about the world and whats going wrong with it currently, if you can't accept my views and start going "lolz you're going to die if you don't eat meatz!!1111" etc etc, then i'll disregard your comments =]

hobo
19-04-2007, 06:22 PM
k i think vegetarianism is incredibly stupid.
but i have proper reason.
the animals we eat only exist because they're bred for food.
so not eating meet makes absoloutly no difference to animals.
it's just stupid.

Ezzie.
19-04-2007, 06:26 PM
k i think vegetarianism is incredibly stupid.
but i have proper reason.
the animals we eat only exist because they're bred for food.
so not eating meet makes absoloutly no difference to animals.
it's just stupid.

Yeah good point dude, but I mean would you like to be born into a cage and live there for about 6 weeks then off to the slaughter? Not exactly a life =/

And most vegetarians go vegetarian to not support the meat industry or for dietary reasons =]

OMGitsaROSS
19-04-2007, 06:29 PM
stop with the long posts :(

hobo
19-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah good point dude, but I mean would you like to be born into a cage and live there for about 6 weeks then off to the slaughter? Not exactly a life =/

And most vegetarians go vegetarian to not support the meat industry or for dietary reasons =]

no, but you saying it's not exactly a life proves the point, it's not as if a free animal's life is being taken.
they were born to be killed.

dietary reasons i dont mind.
but to do it to not support the meat industry is silly.
most of the rubbish about how badly animals are treated is VERY exaggerated.

Ezzie.
19-04-2007, 06:51 PM
no, but you saying it's not exactly a life proves the point, it's not as if a free animal's life is being taken.
they were born to be killed.

dietary reasons i dont mind.
but to do it to not support the meat industry is silly.
most of the rubbish about how badly animals are treated is VERY exaggerated.

I feel alot healthier for not eating meat but that's just me :p I never used to eat meat alot anyways.

But dude.. it's still a life =/ It's the same argument as the pro-life arguments, to abort or not too? The same as to end a life whereas to not too.

I agree it has been exaggerated but alot of animal cruelty goes on in the slaughter houses, not much in the U.K but in other countries it seems to be a fair bit worse.

velocity
19-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I feel alot healthier for not eating meat but that's just me :p I never used to eat meat alot anyways.

But dude.. it's still a life =/ It's the same argument as the pro-life arguments, to abort or not too? The same as to end a life whereas to not too.

I agree it has been exaggerated but alot of animal cruelty goes on in the slaughter houses, not much in the U.K but in other countries it seems to be a fair bit worse.

you dont live in those countries, so what do you care?

Tiuhdur
19-04-2007, 07:16 PM
I personally dont believe global warming is real, as undertaker said some scientists are saying the earth has always heated up and cooled down.

We are wasting millions/billions on this when we could be saving kids in africa, or loads of other better causes than this made up rubbish

we should put money into global warmingas it is a big problem. it doesnt matter how it is caused the facts are that we are creating a bigger mess than it needs to be. we could stop putting out all of our carbon emisions but we still carry on destroying the upper atmosphere and creating a "blank zone" which zolar flares are not deflected back into space but then gets stuck in our atmosphere and then in turn creating more co2 which thewn continues the risk of diseases like skin cancer.

As for starving kids in afica we should put a sustainable solution there like building wells and building homes and estates like we do in our country. instead of sending them shoeboxes with presents and food we should have a sustainable solution to make africa thrive like us

and if you dont buy fair trade your as much to blame for the starving children as anyone else. children up to the age of 4 have to work 16 hour shifts to grow bananas and coffee and coco beans all around the world being paid up to 8 pounds a MONTH so if you say "give money to the starving children" your wrong. go fair trade as more and more poor countries are going from free trade to fair trade which gives the growers more and more money to actually live. so buy fair trade and dont let the TNC's have their way!

tiuhdur

Kieeran
19-04-2007, 07:20 PM
To the global warming

With earth every few million years (maybe more) the earth hits a ice age. A few million years after that the earth reaches a cantrememberthenameseenitontvotherday stage this is where the earth get really hot. and so on.

Was watching it on a documentary

Tiuhdur
19-04-2007, 07:23 PM
we are contributing alot though check my post it explains how it can only get worse than it should be if we dont do something NOW

Mr.OSH
19-04-2007, 07:27 PM

Incorrect? What happens when sea level rises and the Netherlands will be totally swamped as it is below sea level? Also your ancestors of the future should be enjoying a pre-mature Ice age because we think it is more cost effective and easier to gain energy by burning fuels which increase Co2 Levels?

Also I totally agree with this thread, the world is far to hypocritical and thats one thing I can't really stand.

Tiuhdur
19-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Incorrect? What happens when sea level rises and the Netherlands will be totally swamped as it is below sea level?

Also I totally agree with this thread, the world is far to hypocritical and thats one thing I can't really stand.

agreed +rep

Ezzie.
19-04-2007, 08:08 PM
you dont live in those countries, so what do you care?

So the dieing children in Africa you don't care about neither, as it's "just in another country"?

And big applauds to the above posters, someone showing some compassion for once.

T0M
19-04-2007, 08:10 PM
There is no real proof that we are causing global warming, some major scienetists are prooving the world heats up and cools down by itself and nothing we can do so it is wasted money.

And ezzie, animals lifes are not the same as humans, so abortion is ntohign like cattle/othe animals being turned into food.

Ezzie.
19-04-2007, 08:13 PM
There is no real proof that we are causing global warming, some major scienetists are prooving the world heats up and cools down by itself and nothing we can do so it is wasted money.

And ezzie, animals lifes are not the same as humans, so abortion is ntohign like cattle/othe animals being turned into food.

Animals live, animals feel pain, animals show affection? We should look after our own of course but what you're saying is completely arrogant

T0M
19-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Animals live, animals feel pain, animals show affection? We should look after our own of course but what you're saying is completely arrogant

No, just because it disagrees with you doesnt mean its arrogant.

Your view on global warming and eating meat is arrogant IMO

Ezzie.
19-04-2007, 08:39 PM
No, just because it disagrees with you doesnt mean its arrogant.

Your view on global warming and eating meat is arrogant IMO

Because I want to make this world as good as possible?
And I have a right to disagree with you when it seems you don't give a **** about anything but yourself.

velocity
19-04-2007, 08:41 PM
And I have a right to disagree with you when it seems you don't give a **** about anything but yourself.

I do, i just dont have the same feelings towards animals that you do. simple because they dont know about everything thats going on - us as humans have a bigger job then standing in a field all day, im not gonna put a pigs life infront of my own, because its only an animal.

T0M
19-04-2007, 08:42 PM

I do care about things other than myself, i care about spending our countries money on a good cause not a made up one but some scientists wanting fame.

And tbh the -rep was a bit childish, it wasnt a personal attack, it was my opinion

Tiuhdur
19-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I do, i just dont have the same feelings towards animals that you do. simple because they dont know about everything thats going on - us as humans have a bigger job then standing in a field all day, im not gonna put a pigs life infront of my own, because its only an animal.

i am only an animal, i think you mean intellegant but to be honest if you dont care to put another animals life out of danger you have no intellect at all

edit:

at you smurfish,

scientists dont want fame they want t make the world a better place and tbh we dont need narrow minded people like you disagreeing with them for trying to make the world a better place when you dont know the facts of the matter

T0M
19-04-2007, 08:54 PM
at you smurfish,

scientists dont want fame they want t make the world a better place and tbh we dont need narrow minded people like you disagreeing with them for trying to make the world a better place when you dont know the facts of the matter[/quote]

Some scientists say that global warming isnt real at all, so maybe you are the narrow minded one? And maybe you are the one stopping the world from becoming a better place by going along with global warming when we could eb spending money on saving peoples lives all over the world?

velocity
19-04-2007, 09:00 PM
i am only an animal, i think you mean intellegant but to be honest if you dont care to put another animals life out of danger you have no intellect at all

and who are you to begin prejuding me before you've even met me?

Tiuhdur
19-04-2007, 09:02 PM
if you dont want me to make assumptions judged on your posts then go into more detail

velocity
19-04-2007, 09:05 PM
if you dont want me to make assumptions judged on your posts then go into more detail
please read through more pages. i can assure you i've given a detailed argument for my actions.

Tiuhdur
19-04-2007, 09:12 PM
i have read through yes but i was only refering to that one post, i found it quite arrogant that you would say that about animals sorry :)

velocity
19-04-2007, 09:15 PM
i have read through yes but i was only refering to that one post, i found it quite arrogant that you would say that about animals sorry :)
i have every right to voice my opinions, i care about them to a certain extent, but i see no reason for people to make such a pointless fuss over them.

for example, animals keep countries running - they provide food in a controled state, i shouldnt have to worry about it, at the end of the day - its someone elses job, and therefore is not for me to worry over. its not going to make a diffrence.

Tiuhdur
19-04-2007, 09:17 PM
yes i find that point correct and i agree however i just dont like the way some are killed

edit: tired im going to bed now night night

uh huh her
19-04-2007, 09:20 PM
i cba to read this whole thread, but i've seen about the whole eating meat thing.
i see nothing wrong with people who want/don't want to eat meat, it's all good. it's just people who go on about how it's so "wrong". it's called the FOOD CHAIN, it's just natural. i'm all for animal rights, just not when it comes to eating meat. killing animals for fur etc, is wrong n all. but people should really just get over the fact that there's a food chain and we're more or less at the top of it.

GJay
19-04-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm not gonna read the thread but i know from the title that my response is yes, hate it.

Ezzie.
20-04-2007, 12:24 AM
And to ever said I was being stupid when I said that mass producing live stock causes greenhouse gases/global warming:

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=20772&Cr=global&Cr1=environment

Rearing cattle causes more pollution than cars....

Whoever tells me the UN lies has a cookie :rolleyes:

T0M
20-04-2007, 03:18 PM
I said you were being stupid by saying that killing animals for food was bad, BECAUSE cows cause global warming more than most things, so you proved my point for me really

Ezzie.
20-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I said you were being stupid by saying that killing animals for food was bad, BECAUSE cows cause global warming more than most things, so you proved my point for me really

Do you think before you type?

If we stopped mass producing cows= alot less global warming

If we keep on mass producing cows so you can have your dinner= more global warming

...:eusa_wall

velocity
20-04-2007, 03:51 PM
however, can you be sure it exsists?

Ezzie.
20-04-2007, 03:57 PM
however, can you be sure it exsists?

green house gases exist :) I'm 99.9999% sure on that
But good point.. I guess :P

velocity
20-04-2007, 03:58 PM
green house gases exist :) I'm 99.9999% sure on that
But good point.. I guess :P

the gases exist.
if not, theres always that 00.0001% chance they dont ;]

20-04-2007, 04:01 PM
I just laugh at the Global Warming Lobby.

I watched this program and it showed were the sea levels were in 1700's and it was a meter higher than today's level.

Stop mass producing cows = starvation and economic damage.

Ezzie.
20-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Undertaker. Do you see the big brick wall... now picture it in your mind... now picture you ramming your head into it. that's how i feel =)

Mentor
20-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Rather than respond to the disjoined posts which gets confuseing im going to respond to the main problem im finding in the pro veg argument.

"if we stopped mass producing cows/chickens etc, then we would free up alot of water/grain/soy bean that could be converted to food
"If we stopped mass producing cows= alot less global warming

If we keep on mass producing cows so you can have your dinner= more global warming"

Ok this is a very stupid claim you keep makeing. Cows are animals, animals are NOT mass produced. They are not Manufactured.

Animals are made by this method.
Bull sees cow. Bull humps cow. Cow givers birth 9 months or so later.
Or alternatively, but raier since it costs more.
Bulls sperm is extracted, cow is artificially inseminated, 9 months later cow gives birth.

The former is the most common. it is done in a controlled way, the bull doesn't get to go around freely humping every cow it can, if it did wed have more cows than are wanted.

Now if we let all cows go free, (letteing them starve to death in winter, long and painful) as you seem to suggest, bulls will mate with most the cows, if they dont die off alot more cows will come in to existants, alot more than would in normal famring method.

Since you say you dont want to let the cows die a slow horrible death, hence are going to keep feeding them (which means they stay alive and keep farting green house gas's) then cows population exploders haveing nothing to limit it.

Meaning we have more cows if we stop farming them, than if we keep farming them? do you understand that yet? i made the point many times but you repatedly failed to grasp it.

Hmm whilst that may be true I heard that some of the chemicals they use in GM foods can be more harmful?
Then your source is obviously an idiot. GM foods by defult have NO chemicals AT ALL. They are Geneticly modifed so pesticeds/weedisieds dont need to be used to keep the better adaptaed plants (weeds) and bugs from killing the crop.
The crop becomes strong enough to do this itself, meaning much better yeald, far cheeper and less damage to the enviroment.

In summery, unless you cull every cow, you will end up getting more polution than if we just kept farming them as we are now.
If you dont cull them they die a slow horrible painful death, which is worse for the cow than being used by the meat industry.

From what I've read up on the subject they have some quite significant evidence? Though one solution could be to eat more "white meat" than red, thus solving the heart problem.
What youve read wrong. i say again. there is "no proof red meat causes heart deasese"
There is "No eviednce that suggest red meat causes heart desease"

On the global warming argument, may i point out, global warming is proven, no real sicentists disagree with that. Its agreed the world is heating up. The disagreement is, some sicentists belive this is a natrual phenomena, that the earth would heat up even if there were no humans, that where nothing to do with it, while others aurgue that where causeing the earth to heat up from pollution (or at least speeding it up)

Ezzie.
20-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Rather than respond to the disjoined posts which gets confuseing im going to respond to the main problem im finding in the pro veg argument.

Ok this is a very stupid claim you keep makeing. Cows are animals, animals are NOT mass produced. They are not Manufactured.

You misinterpreted what I said, I basically meant that the meat industry has so many cows for future slaughter.. if that makes sense (im damn tired so ^_^)

Animals are made by this method.
Bull sees cow. Bull humps cow. Cow givers birth 9 months or so later.
Or alternatively, but raier since it costs more.
Bulls sperm is extracted, cow is artificially inseminated, 9 months later cow gives birth.

cheers for that :p

The former is the most common. it is done in a controlled way, the bull doesn't get to go around freely humping every cow it can, if it did wed have more cows than are wanted.

Of course, but just because a bull doesn't go round humping every cow about, think how many cow farms there are? That's what I'm trying to get at.

Now if we let all cows go free, (letteing them starve to death in winter, long and painful) as you seem to suggest, bulls will mate with most the cows, if they dont die off alot more cows will come in to existants, alot more than would in normal famring method.

As you said previously, letting cows go free would do no more good as they've been so hand picked (dunno if that makes sense) through the generations that they have huge milk reserves compared to a normal cow, thus causing pain as the calves can't drink all of it.

Since you say you dont want to let the cows die a slow horrible death, hence are going to keep feeding them (which means they stay alive and keep farting green house gas's) then cows population exploders having nothing to limit it.

Indeed, quite the conundrum but.. as I said previously, if we hadn't "processed- bad word but..) so many cows into existence there wouldn't be that problem =/

Meaning we have more cows if we stop farming them, than if we keep farming them? do you understand that yet? i made the point many times but you repatedly failed to grasp it.

I understood on the previous posts but you're looking at this generation of cow... More and more cows are created each year= thus giving more greenhouse gases

Then your source is obviously an idiot. GM foods by defult have NO chemicals AT ALL. They are Geneticly modifed so pesticeds/weedisieds dont need to be used to keep the better adaptaed plants (weeds) and bugs from killing the crop.
The crop becomes strong enough to do this itself, meaning much better yeald, far cheeper and less damage to the enviroment.

Then why do people try and avoid GM foods when it's obviously less harmful to the environment compared to pesticides? (which i'm not really "for" anyway).

In summery, unless you cull every cow, you will end up getting more polution than if we just kept farming them as we are now.
If you dont cull them they die a slow horrible painful death, which is worse for the cow than being used by the meat industry.

Alas it is the meat industry that has sealed that fate, as they have been hand picked (as I said, not the right word ) cows couldn't possibly live in an un-farm-like environment.

What youve read wrong. i say again. there is "no proof red meat causes heart deasese"
There is "No eviednce that suggest red meat causes heart desease"

I'm pretty damn positive there is a bit of evidence behind it but = tiredness :eusa_wall

On the global warming argument, may i point out, global warming is proven, no real sicentists disagree with that. Its agreed the world is heating up. The disagreement is, some sicentists belive this is a natrual phenomena, that the earth would heat up even if there were no humans, that where nothing to do with it, while others aurgue that where causeing the earth to heat up from pollution (or at least speeding it up)[/quote]

One thing we agree about ^_^
I personally think it's a naturally occurance but we seem to be speeding it up A LOT by the amount of things we're shoving into the air.

To conclude, in my opinion we never needed meat, my opinion is the canines (which aren't exactly big) and other bodily functions allowed us to eat meat but the function was only needed for survival in a harsh crop season, same principle (ish) as our cousins the apes, they live primarily vegetarian but occasionally eat their own (if they died)

My apologies if this doesn't make sense but it's been a long day ^^

Shawnstra
21-04-2007, 12:51 AM
Global warming is serious. There are more and more floods around the world nowadays.

Ezzie.
21-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Global warming is serious. There are more and more floods around the world nowadays.

True but could be not affiliated with global warming atall either

21-04-2007, 06:33 PM

No it's not.

Here are some reasons why there are "more floods"

More Media attention on things like that.
We have concreated many parts of the land, sometimes out drains/waterways can't cope.
It's always happened.
Humans are spreading so we notice more natural things.

Ezzie.
21-04-2007, 07:32 PM
No it's not.

Here are some reasons why there are "more floods"

More Media attention on things like that.
We have concreated many parts of the land, sometimes out drains/waterways can't cope.
It's always happened.
Humans are spreading so we notice more natural things.

I think I'm having a weird psychotic episode but I actually agree with you :O

benjamin
21-04-2007, 07:34 PM
@global warming bit. my auntie is like WE MUST RECYCLE OR IN 10 YEARS THE WORLD WILL BLOW UP blah blah.

it's quite funny.

Ezzie.
21-04-2007, 07:56 PM
@global warming bit. my auntie is like WE MUST RECYCLE OR IN 10 YEARS THE WORLD WILL BLOW UP blah blah.

it's quite funny.

Yeap, us all dieing out at the coming of a new ice age,

hahahahhahahahahahah toit toit toit

Concentric2
22-04-2007, 12:33 AM
i'm not sure that i should get involved in this arguement as it's a bit.... un-winable :rolleyes:
all i'd like to say is that this is a rediculous thing to say;

if we stopped mass producing cows/chickens etc, then we would free up alot of water/grain/soy bean that could be converted to food
In a way that's like saying "if we kill all the stupid people there'd be more food for everyone else and the world would be a better place".
Also, clearly we feed the animals with grain and water and so on so that they will grow into more food, so the grain and water are not wasted.

Ezzie.
22-04-2007, 04:39 AM
i'm not sure that i should get involved in this arguement as it's a bit.... un-winable :rolleyes:
all i'd like to say is that this is a rediculous thing to say;

In a way that's like saying "if we kill all the stupid people there'd be more food for everyone else and the world would be a better place".
Also, clearly we feed the animals with grain and water and so on so that they will grow into more food, so the grain and water are not wasted.

Well considering the meat is going to us and not the other countries who are starving and in this country we could live quite happily without meat then yeah it is a waste :rolleyes:

Read previous posts and i agreed with entor that, this point was invalid.

Concentric2
22-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Well considering the meat is going to us and not the other countries who are starving and in this country we could live quite happily without meat then yeah it is a waste :rolleyes:

Read previous posts and i agreed with entor that, this point was invalid.

ok, i've been dragged into this now :D

My arguement there would be that in any society you're going to get people less well off than others. I think it's a bit ignorant of anyone who hasn't done a lot of research into the economics of African countries to assume that their positions are much to do with the developed world.
In my opinion, Britain at least does more than enough to help these countries in the form of debt relief, aid and so on - http://www.data.org/worldwide/uk/
I think it would be foolish of us to spend our lives worrying about other people elsewhere in the world that don't have what we have. It seems... "harsh", i guess, but in reality it would be impossible to give everyone in the world equal opportunities, food, water etc.
Even if we did take all the grain/whatever that we feed our animals in a year and give it to African countries to eat instead, it would last them about a day. Sending them food isn't the answer, we need to help them make their own. That has nothing to do with whether we eat meat.

22-04-2007, 10:59 AM
If we are all supposed to be equal and have the same things then that's communism.

I stand for Capitalism, you get were you are by working hard and working your way up.

People CANNOT all have PS2's, the world can not ALL HAVE enough food.

It won't happen, the world will always have poor areas.

Ezzie.
22-04-2007, 11:20 AM
ok, i've been dragged into this now :D

My arguement there would be that in any society you're going to get people less well off than others. I think it's a bit ignorant of anyone who hasn't done a lot of research into the economics of African countries to assume that their positions are much to do with the developed world.
In my opinion, Britain at least does more than enough to help these countries in the form of debt relief, aid and so on - http://www.data.org/worldwide/uk/
I think it would be foolish of us to spend our lives worrying about other people elsewhere in the world that don't have what we have. It seems... "harsh", i guess, but in reality it would be impossible to give everyone in the world equal opportunities, food, water etc.
Even if we did take all the grain/whatever that we feed our animals in a year and give it to African countries to eat instead, it would last them about a day. Sending them food isn't the answer, we need to help them make their own. That has nothing to do with whether we eat meat.

Yeah good point man, and indeed if we sent them the grain it would only be a temporary solution (but alas they wont accept the food anyway - they want tools) but there's other problems to eating meat such as the cows exertion of green house gases which I said somewhere else (too tired to explain again xD)

Oh and also about the money we're sending to Africa.. how much goes to the people do you think? =/ Whole place is run by dictators :@

I guess it's all a choice in what kind of lifestyle you want to lead but sometimes it doesn't help showing a bit of compassion towards a cause.

If we are all supposed to be equal and have the same things then that's communism.

I stand for Capitalism, you get were you are by working hard and working your way up.

People CANNOT all have PS2's, the world can not ALL HAVE enough food.

It won't happen, the world will always have poor areas.

One of the reasons Africa's still starving is because of the leader's of the *states* (can't remember if they class the different states in Africa as countries) are mostly corrupt =/ all the money goes to them instead of the people which is why the place is so ****** up ;/

You say "working hard and working on the way up" how is that possible in a country where if you work incredibly hard you still get peanuts? That's the flaw with capitalism..

22-04-2007, 11:31 AM
I know they are corrupt.

I didn't support a war against Saddam but i'd support a war against Robert Mugarbe who is so evil.

Africa was better under the Empire/British Control but they kicked us out as they wanted to be independant so it's partly their fault that this all happend, they brought it on themselves.

Ezzie.
22-04-2007, 11:46 AM
I know they are corrupt.

I didn't support a war against Saddam but i'd support a war against Robert Mugarbe who is so evil.

Africa was better under the Empire/British Control but they kicked us out as they wanted to be independant so it's partly their fault that this all happend, they brought it on themselves.

Aye, can be looked at two ways- British empire came in, made the country independent on them, then were kind of hopeless when they left...

Demynx
22-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Well global warming may be happening but I think the stories they make up and whats happening in the next 50-100 years is total crap, its just going through a phase, mabye there will be an iceage soon, or a El Niño, who knows, I mostly agree with Gomme Inc, meat is good for you, infact most animals eat meat so its no excuse for us not to eat it.

RedStratocas
22-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I noticed a something kind of ironic a few days ago. When the Virginia Tech shooting was being reported on TV, the 32 people killed etc, at the bottom of the screen with the scrolling news, there was a story about a bombing in Iraq killed 150 people, but there was no mention of it in the actual news until hours later. It really isnt hypocrisy or anything, but it does kind of show the unbalance. Everyone always talks about how the media doesnt report the good news in Iraq, but what good comes out of hundreds of people dying?

Ezzie.
22-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Well global warming may be happening but I think the stories they make up and whats happening in the next 50-100 years is total crap, its just going through a phase, mabye there will be an iceage soon, or a El Niño, who knows, I mostly agree with Gomme Inc, meat is good for you, infact most animals eat meat so its no excuse for us not to eat it.

Thats conclusive evidence rofl.:rolleyes:

Remember when that news reading read about war of the worlds? And everybody thought aliens were coming?

The majority doesn't always show conclusive proof ^_^

And I completely agree with you strat. Seems to be a real balance problem at the moment =/

Acid
22-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I dont understand but if you are saying you like chickens then yer they are cute i like them as a pet:eusa_wall

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Ezzie.
22-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Cheers for that xD

Acid
22-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Your welcome i like the chickens too and i have a favourite colour but ill only tell you if you donate real life money kthnxdesu :eusa_wall

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Ezzie.
22-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Anyone want to add an intellegant post? :P

Seacat
22-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Another example of hypocrisy within the British Government is the fact that they are wanting to tax everyone so that we can take the lead in the fight against global warming (to set an "example" to other nations in the hope that if we cut our carbon emissions then they will too) yet we won't take the lead in getting rid of nuclear weapons, i.e. by replacing Trident yet preaching to other countries that they shouldn't build nuclear weapons because "they're dangerous".

For the record I agree that replacing Trident is necessary, just using it as an example to show that the UK only seem to want to 'take the lead' on major issues where tax increase/s is/are involved.

Ezzie.
22-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah good point man, i'd usually do my typical 1000 word explanation but im too tired :D

Acid
23-04-2007, 03:21 PM
lol do you wont my favourite colour?????????????????????♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please stay on topic.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!