PDA

View Full Version : [Project] -insert name here- forum

Mr Macro
18-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Today, i decided to start drawing up plans for a forum.I will be making my own forum, with PHP/MySQL.As some of you may or may not know, im very half-assed. So don't expect anything brilliant in the first few stages.

So any suggestions, features, tips will be well appreciated.

Andys
18-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Good luck :)

Mr Macro
18-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks :) Think you could name any features i could implement into the project ?

Mr.OSH
18-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Good luck with the project, I've always considered creating a forum and one main thing I would add to make it stand out a bit would be to integrate the forum with a video sharing service (like You Tube) and allow sharing of videos via thread. I'm not sure how you could do that but I think it would be good. I suggest the following things..

1) Do not open it until it is 100% finished.
2) Choose good categories you think people will be interested in.
3) See if you can encourage anyone you know to become a moderator.
4) Choose a good themed skin,
5) Choose a basis/category for the forum.

I wish you the best of luck + rep.

Mr Macro
18-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm making a forum in PHP/MySQL for people to download and use on there sites like www.habboxforum.com uses vBulletin.Thanks anyway, i'll look into the video thing :)

Mr.OSH
18-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm making a forum in PHP/MySQL for people to download and use on there sites like www.habboxforum.com (http://www.habboxforum.com) uses vBulletin.Thanks anyway, i'll look into the video thing :)

Ah sorry silly me misunderstood you. Right yes try the video thing and look at features current forums have, try replicating them and producing other factors that not too many forums support such as the video element as it may attract more users to use that system.

Also do you plan to charge for the system upon release?

Mr Macro
18-04-2007, 09:14 PM
No, im doing it meerly for learning purposes.So it will be free for people to download and use.

Mr.OSH
18-04-2007, 09:17 PM
No, im doing it meerly for learning purposes.So it will be free for people to download and use.

Ok, good luck with that. :D

Mr Macro
18-04-2007, 09:18 PM

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!