PDA

View Full Version : David Dein leaves arsenal

Pixel
18-04-2007, 08:57 PM
****... This is not good for us

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=461826&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=3&title=Dein+makes+shock+Arsenal+exit

3d
18-04-2007, 09:07 PM
never heard of him ohwell you will prob get teh american dude

Pixel
18-04-2007, 09:12 PM
never heard of him ohwell you will prob get teh american dude

What i've read is that it was Dein who wanted the takeover and the other chairmen didn't

As it says: "We sincerely regret that irreconcilable differences between Mr. Dein and the rest of the board have necessitated a parting of the ways."

brandon
18-04-2007, 09:19 PM
not more americans getting shares in the top football clubs, soz i meant soccer clubs

Pixel
18-04-2007, 09:20 PM
not more americans getting shares in the top football clubs, soz i meant soccer clubs

I'd hate to see Arsenal sold..

The main chairman and the other main parties involved have basically said they don't intend to let it happen.

Peter Hill-Wood - "We would be horrified to see ownership of the club go across the Atlantic."

Hill-Wood claims that he and three of the club's major shareholders - Fiszman, Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith and the Carr family - have "no intention of selling".

"These people love Arsenal, they are independently wealthy and do not need the money. Having a few extra million pounds in the bank is of no interest to them.

"We're here for Arsenal football club, not to make a few bob. The club has been run for the benefit of supporters, staff and players."

brandon
18-04-2007, 09:22 PM
"We're here for Arsenal football club, not to make a few bob. The club has been run for the benefit of supporters, staff and players."

lol well obviously, you're not gonna say that you don't give a crap for the fans and club you just wanna make a profit.

Pixel
18-04-2007, 09:29 PM

lol well obviously, you're not gonna say that you don't give a crap for the fans and club you just wanna make a profit.

Suppose but you get the feeling they genuinely love the club

Also something else i'm worried about..
It was Dein who bought in Wenger, now with Dein gone who knows what Wengers future will be.. I doubt he will leave for some time yet but his contract ends not that far away

3d
18-04-2007, 09:45 PM
heh

i guess this adds to arsenals disapointing season ?

Simmzay
19-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Dein has basically run the club over the last decade. He and Wenger took care of players and everything and Will-Hood just gave them the funds. It seems bad for Wenger in particular.

:Hazel
19-04-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm surprised at this, it seemed as though Dein was there for life! Every club has to move on I suppose.

Jordie
19-04-2007, 02:57 PM
yeh hes gne and now arsenal can now hope for a new investement

Immenseman
20-04-2007, 03:47 PM
you reckon wenger will go with him?

Jordie
20-04-2007, 03:54 PM
you reckon wenger will go with him?

ummm not sure, if a new chairman comes in its likely that they will want someone elce in charge but then agen the new chairman will see wenger as a great manager who can bring up some great youth players he has also won loadz of trophies

Jackbee
20-04-2007, 04:35 PM
People are saying and I read on the sun that wengers gunna go then henry then fabregas then everyone else so the club could have to fold, but I thinks is nonscence

Immenseman
20-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah, Wenger has said he'll honour his contract.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!