PDA

View Full Version : Making money with skills

Sly
19-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Today as i searched the rs forums to sell my sharks i noticed something..
Sharks are now 600ea RAW ?
This meens that at 99 fishing you make only a misserable 60-90k an hour.
Then i went into the fletching section and found that buy cutting yew logs you actually lose profit now if you sell them as yew longs (u).
And if you string your bows you make a pathetic (but still better than fishing) 70-90k in an hour
Smithing you can make aproximately 150k from buying steel bars and making cballs
But smelting steel into cballs takes a grueling 3.5 hours!
Thats not even 50k an hour =/
Woodcutting you can probably cut about 90 magic logs an hour but then that is still only 90k an hour
You may think well that might not be alot to you but its alot to other
people, Well the fact is the only skills realy worth training high now
are runecrafting ,slayer and mining but by the time you get 85 slayer whips will probably have dropped even more from there low price of 1.6m and all that hard work will hardly seem worth it
Runecrafting is a good skill once your over 44 and you can make nats you can make around 150k an hour but if you was to get rc pked and lose your glory thats 60k gone out of your 150k leaving you with a meesly 90k
Then once your 91 you can make alot but 91 is alot of hours and alot of work
But the thing is you can make more than this just from tanning d-leather (150-300k an hour) and this requires no skill and no effort
An alternative to d-hides is picking flax this again requires no effort or skill and can make up to 120k an hour which is more than both fishing and woodcutting
What im saying is soon there will be no point in raising any skills as to make say 10m it would take over 100 hours woodcutting/fletching/fishing.</p>So maybe now if your not already rich its going to be quite impossible for you to ever get that d-chain,santa,phat etc
Well whats your thoughts on this i know runescape isnt all about the money but once you`ve acheived a 99 you think your going to be able to make some good money but i don`t call 90k an hour at 99 fishing good money do you ?

DPS
19-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all that +rep

Barwy
19-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Rant :)

Alot of what youre saying is right, prices are changing and making it harder for people to make money with skills.

It seems that things like merchanting, picking flax and tanning hides are more profitable and dont take as much time or effort.

Whats the runescape world coming to?

HabboIsKrouts
19-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Today as i searched the rs forums to sell my sharks i noticed something..
Sharks are now 600ea RAW ?
This meens that at 99 fishing you make only a misserable 60-90k an hour.
Then i went into the fletching section and found that buy cutting yew logs you actually lose profit now if you sell them as yew longs (u).
And if you string your bows you make a pathetic (but still better than fishing) 70-90k in an hour
Smithing you can make aproximately 150k from buying steel bars and making cballs
But smelting steel into cballs takes a grueling 3.5 hours!
Thats not even 50k an hour =/
Woodcutting you can probably cut about 90 magic logs an hour but then that is still only 90k an hour
You may think well that might not be alot to you but its alot to other
people, Well the fact is the only skills realy worth training high now
are runecrafting ,slayer and mining but by the time you get 85 slayer whips will probably have dropped even more from there low price of 1.6m and all that hard work will hardly seem worth it
Runecrafting is a good skill once your over 44 and you can make nats you can make around 150k an hour but if you was to get rc pked and lose your glory thats 60k gone out of your 150k leaving you with a meesly 90k
Then once your 91 you can make alot but 91 is alot of hours and alot of work
But the thing is you can make more than this just from tanning d-leather (150-300k an hour) and this requires no skill and no effort
An alternative to d-hides is picking flax this again requires no effort or skill and can make up to 120k an hour which is more than both fishing and woodcutting
What im saying is soon there will be no point in raising any skills as to make say 10m it would take over 100 hours woodcutting/fletching/fishing.</p>So maybe now if your not already rich its going to be quite impossible for you to ever get that d-chain,santa,phat etc
Well whats your thoughts on this i know runescape isnt all about the money but once you`ve acheived a 99 you think your going to be able to make some good money but i don`t call 90k an hour at 99 fishing good money do you ?

That's why most people merch now :) also the richest skill on the game now is crafting, make dhide bodies, alch them :) trust me when u get very high its worth the wait

Sly
19-04-2007, 11:43 AM
That's why most people merch now :) also the richest skill on the game now is crafting, make dhide bodies, alch them :) trust me when u get very high its worth the wait

Nope it isnt you still lose 300k per 1k green dhide bodies alched if you make them yourself.

HabboIsKrouts
19-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Nope it isnt you still lose 300k per 1k green dhide bodies alched if you make them yourself.

I ment getting the green dhides yourself tanning them and making the bodies :)

poll
19-04-2007, 11:47 AM
I ment getting the green dhides yourself tanning them and making the bodies :)

you would make more money selling them as hides :s

HabboIsKrouts
19-04-2007, 11:49 AM
yeh but the point is gettign the magic exp too :S btw ud only loose 20gp per more if u alched them anyway than if u sold them

Ashley 12344
19-04-2007, 12:32 PM
You posted it on forums?

HabboIsKrouts
19-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Eh...?

Sly
19-04-2007, 01:14 PM
You posted it on forums?

Nope , they would probs just flame me :p

micky.blue.eyes
19-04-2007, 01:24 PM
You don't get pk'ed a lot when you craft nats, at least I don't anyway.
Prices have always gone up and down so I'm sure they'll go up again, but 600gp per raw shark is really cheap. =/
Instead of making yew long (u)'s you could just string them or sell the logs, you would make way more profit then.
Slayer is a good skill to make money, if you get a whip drop you still only make about 100k or less an hour (unless you only kill abby demons after you get 85 slayer) because you have to change tasks and stuff like that.
But the other drops will make you some reasonable money aswell, rune boots, mystic robes and other items will get you some cash. :)

Rashelly
19-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I think slayer overall is better for money making, and only second to RCing(but that's boring :( ). The amount of drops you get, not just whips, rune items, dragon, herbs, runes, mystic etc is very good. Althought higher level is better.
I agree about it all. And I hate the price of whips, when I first got 85 slayer I could sell them for 2.5mil, which was reasonable for a night/2 nights work.

I think sharks will go up again soon, they're always dropping anf rising.

Jagex really need to add some new stuff, higher slayer monsters, more fish. more logs etc...That's the only way the economy is going to get any better.

HabboIsKrouts
19-04-2007, 05:01 PM
virtual games have an economy? :S

Rashelly
19-04-2007, 05:12 PM
virtual games have an economy? :S

Of course they do.
That's quite a stupid question.

T0M
19-04-2007, 05:17 PM
I think slayer overall is better for money making, and only second to RCing(but that's boring :( ). The amount of drops you get, not just whips, rune items, dragon, herbs, runes, mystic etc is very good. Althought higher level is better.
I agree about it all. And I hate the price of whips, when I first got 85 slayer I could sell them for 2.5mil, which was reasonable for a night/2 nights work.

I think sharks will go up again soon, they're always dropping anf rising.

Jagex really need to add some new stuff, higher slayer monsters, more fish. more logs etc...That's the only way the economy is going to get any better.

Thats only coz you got high fishing/slayer - New mining thing might be good, or summit new with crafting =)

Rashelly
19-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Thats only coz you got high fishing/slayer - New mining thing might be good, or summit new with crafting =)

Nope, I said "etc" fishing and slayer were just an example.

There's new crafting coming out, bracelets and new necklaces, or new uses for them, and mining would be good, but they cover all the metals already, so don't know how well it would work.

Sly
19-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I saw a guy selling 70k sharks earlier for 560ea now im not certain because iv never fished monk fish but i think you can make more money from fishing monkfish now and they take alot less time and give more xp.

Fricktion
19-04-2007, 08:00 PM
hmm yeah the prices have droped alot on alot of things. looks like people will just have to work twice as hard.. and ive always said rcing was a secret money making skill.. ive used it for money making along with fishing sharks for probably the last year... i always merch if i can.. i brought 600 raw sharks for 600 each earlier and then brought 1k cooked sharks for 550k. i should be able to sell the 1k sharks for 600 or 650k. and im fishing 400 raw sharks as we speak to sell them at 700 to players or 800 to my friend. spending alot of time in edgeville bank the last few days ive seen sharks selling from 600 to 800 so its always always changing!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!