PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

---MAD---
19-04-2007, 12:12 PM
If you had the chance to buy either after your exams, which would you go for?

That would mean PS3 would have been out for a few fair months now so the game list would be bigger than it was say 1 month ago.

Please vote in the poll and post why :).

Thanks
MAD

Neil
19-04-2007, 01:14 PM
PS3, I already have a 360 xD and Motorstorm looks fun :P

flamboyant
19-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Xbox, basically because everybody I've spoken to when it comes to comparing them have said that the PS3 is nothing special, there have just been a few tweaks here and there. Also, with the whole only being allowed to play a game on your own playstation is ridiculous. Sony should stick to making televisions and stuff, leave gaming to Microsoft.

+44
19-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry but imo its biased towards microsoft.

Ive never liked playstations i always thought they were a bit like urgh wot ?

The only game i ever found amusing was crash bandicoot.

But the 360 is good. The graphics are brilliant then again they say "DA PS3 ARE WOWZOR BETTA DAN DA 360ZZ" but thts their opinion. I prefer playing xbox as its easier and i prefer the controllers.

But at the end of the day its all up to what games you play what you think youll prefer ect. ;)

Breakfloor
19-04-2007, 02:02 PM
tbh i brought a xbox 360 and im very deeply dissapointed with it.

:Hazel
19-04-2007, 02:04 PM
I've an xbox 360 & its brilliant :)

Cigaret
19-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Xbox 360 with no question

chips
19-04-2007, 02:15 PM
The ps3 is better for many reasons. The graphics are a big step up and the gap will only widen with time. The blue ray disks hold more than 5 times more data than the xbox 360s HD-DVD disks that means longer games with more content. The online service is about the same even though xbox fanboys will never see the truth and it is free. The controls have motion sensing. in time the games will just keep getting better and better the xboxs will be the same and never keep up also we will be getting home which is also great

RadioShack
19-04-2007, 02:19 PM
The ps3 is better for many reasons. The grapics are a big step up and the gap will only widen with time. The blue ray disks hold more than 5 times more data than the xbox 360s HD-DVD disks which means longer games with more content. The online sevice is about the same even though xbox fanboys will never see the truth and it is free. The controlls have motion sensing. in time the games will just keep getting better and better the xboxs will be the same and never keep up also we will be getting home which is also great

i total agree.

definately with playstation 3

+44
19-04-2007, 02:22 PM
The ps3 is better for many reasons. The graphics are a big step up and the gap will only widen with time. The blue ray disks hold more than 5 times more data than the xbox 360s HD-DVD disks that means longer games with more content. The online service is about the same even though xbox fanboys will never see the truth and it is free. The controls have motion sensing. in time the games will just keep getting better and better the xboxs will be the same and never keep up also we will be getting home which is also great

How on earth will the xboxs never keep up? That is total bull tbh.
The graphics really arn't tht different either.

chips
19-04-2007, 02:41 PM

work it out
jezz maybe i should spell it out for you

The graphics are a bit better now and the 360 has been out for a year more and people have got used to the system. Just like last gen the ps2 and xbox just got better and better and peaked in 2006 the ps3 will get better and better and the xbox 360 will try to keep up but in 2-3 years time the ps3 will have left it behind.

+44
19-04-2007, 02:52 PM
work it out

The graphics are a bit better now and the 360 has been out for a year more and people have got used to the system. Just like last gen the ps2 and xbox just got better and better and peaked in 2006 the ps3 will get better and better and the xbox 360 will try to keep up but in 2-3 years time the ps3 will have left it behind.

1. Why spell it out when you cant even spell jees yourself ? :rolleyes:
2. In 3 or so years time Microsoft + Sony will probably have another console released to skem kids of their 400£ so the ps3 would have been forgotten about pretty much altogether. They arn't just going to stop on this console they will probably bring out lots more with "updated graphics" all the new shiz. Maybe you could even get a beer cooler installed into the side of one of the new ones? Who knows.. Point is the 360 was released it was like yee ps2 sucks graphics are like so 1930's and then they bought out ps3 pretty much the same graphics as 360 the next console brought out will probably be by Microsoft with even better graphics. And you said the ps2 + xbox got better and better ye? So whts saying they both wont this time and pretty much stay at the same level.

chips
19-04-2007, 03:00 PM
2. In 3 or so years time Microsoft + Sony will probably have another console released to skem kids of their 400£ so the ps3 would have been forgotten about pretty much altogether. They arn't just going to stop on this console they will probably bring out lots more with "updated graphics" all the new shiz. Maybe you could even get a beer cooler installed into the side of one of the new ones? Who knows.. Point is the 360 was released it was like yee ps2 sucks graphics are like so 1930's and then they bought out ps3 pretty much the same graphics as 360 the next console brought out will probably be by Microsoft with even better graphics. And you said the ps2 + xbox got better and better ye? So whts saying they both wont this time and pretty much stay at the same level.

ok miss spelling bee

they wont be bringing out a whole new console the life span of gens is 5 years in most cases

Scriptermone
19-04-2007, 03:00 PM

1. 'Jees' isn't even a real word you douchebag.

2. And 3 years time?
I doubt it, the PS2 came out in November 2000, it's been 7 years on until the PS3 came out, maybe it was 3 or 4 years, to start even thinking about the PS3?
And slight exaggeration about the 1930's? The graphics on the PS3 are about twice as better than the 360's and around 10 times as better as the Wii, which was on IGN.com.

So I suggest you sthu.

Energizer
19-04-2007, 03:02 PM
xbox 360 imo.

Neil
19-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Wth are you talking about?
Jesus that was like the ultimate PS3 Fanboy statement, completly biased, the xbox is keeping up, PS3 DOES have a limit to how far it can go, which isn't that far from 360 and tbh if you'd look you'd notice PS3 and 360 graphics are almost exactly the same :rolleyes:

Exactly

work it out

PS3 is almost EXACTLY the same as the PS2, all they did was put motion sensors in the controllers and put blu-ray in, there is like no difference apart from those 2 things, xbox is owned by MICROSOFT, ok MICROSOFT they are always releasing new stuff for computers and I'm pretty sure Microsoft are gonna be able to keep up with the PS3 for a long time, just because it has 2 pointless features it doesn't make it the best console in the world, you've obviously never played a 360

+44
19-04-2007, 03:05 PM
1. 'Jees' isn't even a real word you douchebag.

2. And 3 years time?
I doubt it, the PS2 came out in November 2000, it's been 7 years on until the PS3 came out, maybe it was 3 or 4 years, to start even thinking about the PS3?
And slight exaggeration about the 1930's? The graphics on the PS3 are about twice as better than the 360's and around 10 times as better as the Wii, which was on IGN.com.

So I suggest you sthu.

Didnt say it was a real word did i? No. Its still an online word / Slang ;)

And where the hell does this thread go into any detail about the wii?

The graphics are not twice as better as the 360 at all rofl.

Ever thought it could be written by somene from sony? Someone who works for sony? Someone who bums over sony?

And tbh im not gonna sthu for having an opinion?

chips
19-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Wth are you talking about?
Jesus that was like the ultimate PS3 Fanboy statement, completly biased, the xbox is keeping up, PS3 DOES have a limit to how far it can go, which isn't that far from 360 and tbh if you'd look you'd notice PS3 and 360 graphics are almost exactly the same :rolleyes:

Exactly

PS3 is almost EXACTLY the same as the PS2, all they did was put motion sensors in the controllers and put blu-ray in, there is like no difference apart from those 2 things, xbox is owned by MICROSOFT, ok MICROSOFT they are always releasing new stuff for computers and I'm pretty sure Microsoft are gonna be able to keep up with the PS3 for a long time, just because it has 2 pointless features it doesn't make it the best console in the world, you've obviously never played a 360

i will not be talking to you because of these things

1.if you'd look you'd notice PS3 and 360 graphics are almost exactly the same - like i said they will be better

2. PS3 is almost EXACTLY the same as the PS2 - LOL

3. you've obviously never played a 360 - yes i have i played gears of war and obivion

+44
19-04-2007, 03:20 PM

1.if you'd look you'd notice PS3 and 360 graphics are almost exactly the same - like i said they will be better

3. you've obviously never played a 360 - yes i have i played gears of war and obivion

Sorry but i quote you on this "The graphics are a big step up and the gap will only widen with time" Yee so HOW THE HELL ARE 360 + PS3 ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME NOW? Change your point of argument like every 5 seconds why dont we :/

Two games youve played wow? Probably one of them rich kids who think ps3 is better because its more expensive.

-Dispute
19-04-2007, 03:21 PM
xbox for me,

chips
19-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Sorry but i quote you on this "The graphics are a big step up and the gap will only widen with time" Yee so HOW THE HELL ARE 360 + PS3 ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME NOW? Change your point of argument like every 5 seconds why dont we :/

Two games youve played wow? Probably one of them rich kids who think ps3 is better because its more expensive.

haha you havent played one because you would know there the best looking games on the xbox 360

+44
19-04-2007, 03:25 PM
haha you havent played one because you would know there the best looking games on the xbox 360

I own one you idiot. Im not really into games like that tbh so actually they arn't "the best games" for me?

And why avoid what i just said about you changing your answer every 5 seconds? Which you pretty much have.

if you cant hold an argument dont bad rep me going "sthu ps3 owns u so dont argue with me" or some junk along thm lines.

Neil
19-04-2007, 03:33 PM

a console can't just GET better graphics :rolleyes: the games coming out for it are mostly on xbox aswell, if you think PS3 graphics are getting better than clearly 360's are aswell eh?
Plus 2 whole games and you've decided they're they have the best graphics on 360? Lol both of them have good graphics but there are games with much better and PS3 is almost exactly the same as PS2 so why are you laughing? :rolleyes:

chips
19-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I own one you idiot. Im not really into games like that tbh so actually they arn't "the best games" for me?

And why avoid what i just said about you changing your answer every 5 seconds? Which you pretty much have.

if you cant hold an argument dont bad rep me going "sthu ps3 owns u so dont argue with me" or some junk along thm lines.

i diddent bad rep u sorry if u think i did

Smog
19-04-2007, 03:48 PM
ps3 FTW, and another good valid reason is that sony have a 10 year plan with this machine, making it well worth the investment.

if you need proof i will find then post, i forgot where i saw it

edit: and online play is free

Moozo
19-04-2007, 07:59 PM
tbh i brought a xbox 360 and im very deeply dissapointed with it.

you must be the only person in the world.

360 ftw.

the graphics are the same.

360 elite will just pwn the ps3 totally.

Azul
20-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Before you say that the 360 is a disappointment, atleast try Xbox Live. Online play is where it's at.

You
20-04-2007, 10:14 AM
PS3, I already have a 360 xD and Motorstorm looks fun :P
Lol, same. (Apart from motorstorm part)

Sunny.
20-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Xbox 360 ftw and Its totally worth the money, Xbox live is where the real gaming is.

alex 1889
20-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Xbox 360 ftw and Its totally worth the money, Xbox live is where the real gaming is.
its also where the real money loosing is

Cwmbran
20-04-2007, 12:31 PM
360, no questions asked or any doubt.

F32
20-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Thing is, people who say the xbox is better has probably never played a ps2 properly and vice versa.

Sunny.
20-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Ive owned a PS2, But tbh I think xbox is better.

Frodo13.
20-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Xbox, basically because everybody I've spoken to when it comes to comparing them have said that the PS3 is nothing special, there have just been a few tweaks here and there. Also, with the whole only being allowed to play a game on your own playstation is ridiculous. Sony should stick to making televisions and stuff, leave gaming to Microsoft.

IMO, Microsoft should stick to making computers - But oya, thats what they are still making, a computer in a box.

Sly
20-04-2007, 06:19 PM
I already have both

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!