PDA

View Full Version : Furni Lust: The Inquiry

Existentialism
28-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Hey habbos, and forum dwellers,

My name is Kevin, and I go by the username Existentialism on Habbohotel.co.uk

My question to you all is the following:

How much does furni mean to you?

Why do I ask? Well lend me your ears for a moment and I shall tell you. Habbo is a great place to hang out, meet people from all over the world and really just have a good time. However, has anyone else noticed how political habbo is?

Popularity is a big issue, you either are or you aren't, and it doesn't matter within what circle you run in. I think in Habbo, as far as i'm concerned, it is a lot like Hollywood celebrity. If you have too much furni, people love you because they want some, or they hate you because you have too much.

How can you make such a generalization you might be asking yourself. Well let me tell you this. My birthday was this april, around the beginning of it, I won't say when, and someone happened to give me a room and a half full of rares. I said I didn't need them, but he insisted and I was greatful for the offer, and since then, i've been called "rich", "furni hungry", and other things which I will not bore you with.

Furni to me isn't very important, in fact, I give it away like its nothing, and I do that because I notice how happy it makes others feel. However, why are people so hungry for it, and why will people end friendships over it? This has always concerned me, because I've been irritated by a lot of people who use me for furni, and when I have none, they lose contact with me. Now I have furni, I still give it away, but when I don't, because I don't want to because these were in fact gifts, I am called selfish, and " not really a friend."

Be honest, how many of you are friends with people because they have furni, and/or are popular which in my view .. they are synonymous.

I'm not bitter, I have a lot of friends on Habbo who hold my view and aren't heavily dependant on furni. Don't get me wrong, I have many friends who are, but they will come around ... hopefully.

Anyways, my question is, how much does furni mean to you? Are you upset when you have bet your last HC and lost? Do you threaten to quit because you aren't as rich as you used to be? Have you ever stopped being friends with someone because they haven't been as Elite or Popular as your other friends?

I dunno, I like the friends I have, and I don't care if they are the least popular or the most popular. As long as i'm having fun, and so are the others around me, i'm generally a happy camper, but lately that hasn't been so, because it just seems, like usual, furni lust is in the air, and there isn't a cure.

I'm not a communist, and nor am I advocating that kind of system to be enstilled in habbo. In fact, I happen to like the fact that there are rares in Habbo, they are very appealing, and it gives you something to strive for. In fact, i've been on Habbo for 7 months .. thats "noobish" I guess, i've been here less than most, and my goal was to secure a throne. For most that doesnt seem like much, but it was always cool looking, and I said before I quit Habbo I would get one. Now I have 3, and I have my friends to thank for that. Anyways, i'm going off on a tangent there.. rares are great, especially when they are kept rare, but thats a story for another day.

I'm looking forward to your answers, and thanks for reading.

Kevin [ Existentialism ]

[Edit] Sorry for the length... if you have any questions, feel free to pm me, or just comment below. I will definately get back to you.

dannyboymed
28-04-2005, 05:54 AM
Furni Lust, there's no way to stop it. Well, there is one way,but that would involve making Habbo Credits completely free. I've been on Habbo four months and have about 10 HCs. I don't give away furni, because I'm still a trader who uses it a lot. Probably, eventually, I'll giveaway some furni. Giveaways are what brought me my first furni on Habbo, I've still got a screenie of me with my first furni.

Existentialism
28-04-2005, 05:59 AM
Well, welcome to Habbo.

Ya, I don't see an end to it. It's like communism in the real world. I could debate it well why communism simply cannot work, but for now that generality should work as a proper an;alogy[sorry about the evasion].

On paper, it would seem that we could eliminate furni lust, but in practice it would fail.

I was just stating an opinion, I know people really like habbo furni, and if thats what they are all about, thats what works for them, and I'm not in the position of changing people, and so i will not :D

4 months and 10 hc's is a good start .. i dont even think i had that many in 4 months ..

Existentialism
28-04-2005, 06:43 AM
I hate posting on my own post, its sort of embarrassing, BUT

I'd like a lot of discussion on this topic to see how everyone feels, and so, please comment and discuss

:)

Edited by Seacat (Forum Moderator): Please do not double post, simply edit your previous one.

dannyboymed
28-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Kevin, don't double post. Believe me, no-one likes that. :)

Existentialism
28-04-2005, 06:58 AM
Kevin, don't double post. Believe me, no-one likes that. :)

Oh, sorry :S that shall never happen again. Thanks for the heads up Danny

---MAD---
28-04-2005, 11:38 AM
lol existentialism, please read the forum rules so you dont break any :)
Btw, i think furni is just something people want as thats the whole point of habbo. Without your own rooms etc, i think it would be boring...

Existentialism
28-04-2005, 11:47 AM
heh heh ... how embarrassing .. ya I do apologize for the double post. I don't think they should get rid of furni, I just think that its pretty much something that is more or less a drug substitute.

Scammers for examples are "addicted" if i can make an an'alogy to the real world. When someone is addicted to substance or whatever they find any means to get their hands on that substance... in a scammers case .. they do whatever they can toget their hands on furni...

However, i was suggesting that this mentality has leaked into everyday habboing .. whereby nothing matters anymore except for when someone is going to get their next score, or HC Sofa

but ya, I respect your opinion, and I do believe that without rooms habbo would be very boring.

---MAD---
28-04-2005, 11:52 AM
lol, np

ok ty :)

.Ex-
28-04-2005, 03:06 PM
i have to say i am guilty of trying to be friends with rich people or room owners either to get rights or furni .But i still have some really good mates who really don't care about furni.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!