PDA

View Full Version : Beyonce - Still In Love

Bear-Max
21-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Beyonce's latest single is a cover of Des'ree's classic from Baz Lurhmanm's Romeo + Juliet soundtrack: Kissing You. Albeit she's altered the track slightly and it's now called Still In Love (Kissing You). In fact, Des'ree has recently filed a lawsuit against Beyonce for using the track without permission.

You can see the video on YouTube here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5GGiFK5Bc)

What do you guys think? My personal opinion is that Beyonce should have left the song well alone. Des'ree's version is beautiful, and it's been on my iPod for quite some time now, and with each listen my hairs stand up on end. Beyonce has really tried to urbanise it and it doesn't work half as well... not to mention the fact that Des'ree has a much stronger voice.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Beyonce's work; I just think this isn't a great cover.

Nixt
21-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Beyonce should just stop singing tbh, lol.

samsaBEAR
21-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Beyonce should just stop singing tbh, lol.
agreed

,Jess,
22-04-2007, 07:21 AM
I don't really like the song but the origonal is better than beyonce's by far

Shatterstar
30-04-2007, 05:50 PM
agreed
she shldnt considering she's

a) a good singer
b) making millions frm it
c) has a large fan base

I agree she should get out of the limelight a bit, but she intends to, and considering she has so many career aspects like new films etc. atm she should continue doing what she wants.

The fact of the whole song is a load of bull, just another label trying to get money off her because she is rich and successful. Likely Des'ree will try and boost her popularity with it even though Beyonce sounded a hell of a lot better singing it in the first place.

Virgin Mary
30-04-2007, 05:52 PM
i prefer the old one, i love that film and that song

Kyle.tk
30-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Bens well into beyonce like

Bear-Max
30-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Bens well into beyonce like
You know me so well.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!