PDA

View Full Version : AJAX or no AJAX?

Invent
22-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey,

I just need a quick opinion on something and this is the best (teen) forum I know for webdesign & coding.

Right, well for my Radio Panel I'm obviously going to be having a timetable script but I need to know, should I code it using Javascript (AJAX) or should I just do it using php and have the slots displayed through rows in a table or through a drop-down menu?

I'm not too worried about compatibility issues with the Javascript as I'm going to try and make it as cross-browser as possible. But if anyone reports any issues with the ajax timetable (if I make it AJAX obviously) then I'll make a non-AJAX timetable when I have some spare time.

So yeah, please say what I should use for the main timetable ;)

-Simon

Robbie
22-04-2007, 01:35 PM
You could make two and then the panel admin can specify which one they want in their panel using a configuration page or something?

Invent
22-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah I was thinking about that, but I want to try and get my panel out ASAP.

So I wan't to know what I should make as the main timetable and then I'll make an alternative after I've had a little break from coding :P

Recursion
22-04-2007, 01:43 PM
You could make two and then the panel admin can specify which one they want in their panel using a configuration page or something?

I like that idea =]

redtom
22-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Ajax, then in another version have the option between the 2.

Mr.OSH
22-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Ajax, then in another version have the option between the 2.

I agree I think you should do both and have an option were you can select whichever one thus solving the compatibility issues and the problem of which to use but its really up to you. :)

Luckyrare
22-04-2007, 03:00 PM
AJAX, most browsers support javascript and will support the functionality of ajax so yuh.

Blob
22-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Have AJAX, then in <noscript></noscript> Tags have the timetable in non js.

Epanel
28-04-2007, 04:57 AM
:O u jst reminded Me That I need a Timetable Lol Me & My Friends Panel Wont Be as Good as PowerPanel :D

Edited by NintendoNews (Forum Moderator): Please do not post off topic.

Blob
28-04-2007, 09:42 AM
And we care why? And why bump?

-::Mr.Dave::-
28-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Have AJAX

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!