PDA

View Full Version : holding hands

asher_
23-04-2007, 04:06 PM
this forum tends to be a little inactive these days so thought i'd post a thread.

so me and my guy of 7 months went to see taking back sunday at the MEN last saturday, and we held hands throughout manchester city centre. first time in manchester, heh. it was quite funny the reactions. it's one of those things where people look, then look twice and then chatter amongst their friends. they tend to be shocked, cause both me and james are tall, well built guys. but it really is funny. but i mean i feel so comfortable with james. and it's great. yeah people do look and stare but most seemed alright with it. a few name calls '**** HAHAHA' but you're bound to.

reason i'm posting this i suppose is because i know a lot of gay couples don't feel confident to hold hands and show affection in a public place. but i say go for it. don't think you have to be someone you're not just because a bunch of people you don't know are around you.

Dan2nd
23-04-2007, 04:18 PM
good for you mate! ignore all the plebs who call ya names just shows how immature some people can be :)

Ostinato
23-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeh this forum used to be so active but it's really gotten quiet over the months! :P

Anyway, I'm glad you felt you guys could show your affection for each other and everything worked out well. :)

It really is a shame when people feel they have to hide the feelings just because of what other people might think.

Well done for being brave enough to do so though, as a lot of people wouldn't have the guts! :)

YoManGo!
23-04-2007, 04:38 PM
i always act gay in public and never have any problem :S

asher_
23-04-2007, 04:40 PM
act gay? elaborate.

Matt,
23-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Go you! lol

jordybum
23-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I would feel well weird doing that :s

Carlos
23-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Great job dude, takes guts. Shame really, as it's showing love.

Jordie
23-04-2007, 08:27 PM
well done dont listen to people who call you names and bully you for being gay:eusa_clap

F32
23-04-2007, 08:27 PM
I would feel well weird doing that :s
Don't take this the wrong way, but it's probably because your pre-mature.

Stealth$
24-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but it's probably because your pre-mature.
Its got nothing to do with being mature or not mature :s.
Sometime its because you have not accepted yourself as being gay and you keep it private and do not wish to express it in public, Or you just don't want the weird looks and insults.

FlyingJesus
24-04-2007, 07:06 PM
rofl premature is when you shoot too soon, I think you meant immature Xeoro. Either way, that's not really the case. Maturity has nothing to do with what you're comfortable with.

Stealth$
24-04-2007, 07:14 PM
rofl premature is when you shoot too soon, I think you meant immature Xeoro. Either way, that's not really the case. Maturity has nothing to do with what you're comfortable with.
lol@shoot to soon!

FlyingJesus
24-04-2007, 07:47 PM
lol@shoot to soon!

Think he has a guilty conscience tbh talking about that.

Moh
24-04-2007, 08:07 PM
i get the **** took out of me every day, cos i live with just females I tend to pick up there actions so im more feminim

asher_
24-04-2007, 09:13 PM
i get the **** took out of me every day, cos i live with just females I tend to pick up there actions so im more feminim

in what way?

Charlie
24-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, congratulations on showing affection in public. Thats the way you should be, it doesn't matter what sexaulity and who you are with and what not, as long as your happy with who you are and what not, then thats okay.

GommeInc
24-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't see why people don't, loads of people won't mind, might be shocked, but that's because it is rare to see which is a giant circle of fear. I hold hands with some of my male friends, tis fun :D Even skip. I saw 2 guys holding hands once in my town, and I didn't think any of it. I just thought "Oh, that's something you don't see" and that's it really. If people did it more often, maybe less people would find it truely amazing or sickening...

benjamin
25-04-2007, 07:24 AM
well congrats :} i probably couldn't do that unless i was drunk

TwoFooted
25-04-2007, 07:28 AM
I couldnt do that if I was drunk :p
But I dont have a problem with others doing it.
Well done on having the guts too!

Shawnstra
25-04-2007, 09:40 AM
act gay? elaborate.

I lol'd

And anyway, its the right thing to do. Everyone is different, and they have the right to express their sexuality.

Hippacrocabear
25-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Personally im not comfertable with any sort of public shows of affection really (Unless iv had way to much to drink)
Il be holding hands wit my guy and the minut i see someone i let go. I dunno why. Think its just cos im quite a private person. I duno. He thinks im embarasd of him but meh.
Nenywho, i havnt got a problem with other people holding hands and stuff but i do feel a bit uncomfertable when i see people full on groping each other in public.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!