PDA

View Full Version : EXTREMISTS THREATEN TO CUT HARRY'S EARS OFF

Dan2nd
23-04-2007, 04:46 PM
IRAQI militias claim they plan to seize Prince Harry as a hostage when he arrives next month - and send him home to the Queen with his ears cut off.

Pictures of the prince have been downloaded and circulated among insurgent groups, they say.

Abu Zaid, a commander in the Mehdi Army militia, said: "We are awaiting the arrival of the young, handsome, spoilt prince with bated breath and we confidently expect he will come out into the open on to the battlefield.

"We will be generous with him. For we will return him to his grandmother but without ears."

It is claimed paramilitary factions in southern Iraq have informants in British barracks to monitor Harry.

Abu Samir, a leader of the Iranian backed Sunni group Thar-allah - God's Revenge - said: "His face is now very familiar to a lot of people, more so even than Zidane and Ronaldinho." Sunni militants reportedly plan to kidnap him and demand an exchange of prisoners and the withdrawal of British troops.

And Shia militia snipers have been ordered to target Harry, 22, who is third in line to the throne.

It would be the first time the two sides - traditionally sworn enemies - had united with a common cause.

Harry will serve with the Blues and Royals for a six-month tour of duty.

He is trained as a troop leader to command four Scimitar armoured vehicles and will have 11 men serving under him.

The Ministry of Defence admitted: "We have not concealed the fact that he is going out there and the bad guys know he's coming and we expect they will consider him a high-profile scalp."

But despite the claims, officials ruled out the possibility that he might not be sent to Maysan, the most volatile province in southern Iraq, where British casualties are mounting.

Last week, two soldiers from the Queen's Royal Lancers died in Maysan when their Scimitar was hit by a roadside bomb.

There is also concern among high ranking Army officers that it will be almost impossible for Harry to "blend in" among the 7,100 UK troops.

But the prince has publicly said he does not intend "to sit on my a*** back home while my boys are out fighting for their country".

Meanwhile a soldier claimed yesterday that Iraq has become "Britain's Vietnam" with servicemen in a pointless conflict forgotten by people back home.

Kingsman Colin Thompson, 23, said most people "switch over to Coronation Street" when they saw TV reports.

Colin, of Workington, Cumbria, has done two tours of duty in Iraq with the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, seen three comrades killed, including his best friend, and intends to leave the Army in November.

He said: "Some of the lads are angry and don't understand why they are there ... it seems pointless.

"It's forgotten, like Britain's Vietnam. You spend six months out there and then come home and it's life as normal. It seems so irrelevant.

"The only people who care about it are the families of the soldiers. They're the only ones who worry about you.

"When reports come on television, other people just switch over and watch Coronation Street."

IRAQI Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said he has demanded that the US stop building a wall separating a mainly Sunni part of Baghdad from Shia areas.

The US military says it is to protect the minority Sunnis from attacks. But Mr Maliki said he objected because it "might have repercussions which remind us of other walls" such as the Berlin Wall.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_headline=extremists-threaten-to-kidnap-harry&method=full&objectid=18947466&siteid=89520-name_page.html
The Queen will not be amused

Splashings.
23-04-2007, 04:49 PM
o dea. suprised they aint laid out red carpet for him to walk across

-:Undertaker:-
23-04-2007, 04:49 PM
But the prince has publicly said he does not intend "to sit on my a*** back home while my boys are out fighting for their country".

Defend us from WHAT?

Splashings.
23-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Defend us from WHAT?
fallin furniz.

I dno, they aint bombing us are they :S

Dan2nd
23-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Defend us from WHAT?
Saddam hus.... oh hes gone lol

DiscoPat
23-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I laugh at us tbh.. Why cant we just leave them at peace.. They are better of without us.

Ezzie.
23-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Erm.. we're fighting for..

*10 minutes pauses*

erm...

OIL!

But that'd be unethical... oh wait o.o

YoManGo!
23-04-2007, 06:17 PM
so let them cut his ears off, im more concerned about the way they're all killing each other.

-:Undertaker:-
23-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Saddam hus.... oh hes gone lol

Saddam was never a threat so let's ask the question again, WHAT THE DUCK ARE WE FIGHTING FOR?

It still makes me angry about what has happend, I think i'll always consider Bush and Blair as two of the biggest Bum Holes to have walked this earth.

Why is As's blocked? OMG DAT IZ SO OFFENDIN AND NAUGHTY111111111!!!!

GommeInc
23-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Saddam was never a threat so let's ask the question again, WHAT THE DUCK ARE WE FIGHTING FOR?

It still makes me angry about what has happend, I think i'll always consider Bush and Blair as two of the biggest Bum Holes to have walked this earth.

Please don't start an argument about Saddam :( You know how much people argue about him being a threat and blah blah random made up crap.

I doubt we're there for oil somehow...

velocity
23-04-2007, 07:47 PM
if hes going into the army to be 'heroic' he shouldnt be treated any diffrently from any other of the people risking their lives for us.

trAsp
23-04-2007, 07:48 PM
The stupid thing is, the groups in Iraq which the US/UK troops are combating want to fight each other. Let them fight and it saves us the trouble of killing them.

GommeInc
23-04-2007, 07:57 PM
The stupid thing is, the groups in Iraq which the US/UK troops are combating want to fight each other. Let them fight and it saves us the trouble of killing them.
They could possibly go killing crazy and decide they want new blood. They kill half of the Asian and end up going towards Europe. No, I am not serious :P

It is debateable though, what would happen if US/UK troops left?

Roboevil
23-04-2007, 08:12 PM
...The Mirror, well that's got to be a reliable source!

Sammeth.
23-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Everything in the tabloids is totally 100% fact. It said so in The Sun.

Dan2nd
24-04-2007, 08:46 PM

woah keep your hair on .. lol they're apprently fighting to make the world a 'safer place' but as long as Bush is on this planet that'll never happen

...The Mirror, well that's got to be a reliable source!
indeed it is

Everything in the tabloids is totally 100% fact. It said so in The Sun.
zomgz its so true :D

leebatten
24-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Iraq has become Britain's Vietnam.
I used to agree with the war but now I think we should pull out, we've failed at securing peace, atleast leave with some pride left.

Axel
24-04-2007, 09:47 PM
This is one of the dumbest stories ever.

Shawnstra
25-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Gosh, they are sick? Can't they leave the Prince alone?

:Hazel
25-04-2007, 11:31 AM
This whole situation has gone way out of proportion now.

Minstrels
25-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Shame we wont be able to call him 'Nelly' or say 'Hey, wassup big ears?'.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!