PDA

View Full Version : Manchester City get 90m take over bid

Minstrels
24-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Manchester City have received a bid of £90million from a British consortium headed by former player Ray Ranson.
Speculation has been fervent of late with regards a takeover at Eastlands, with City chairman John Wardle having spoken to several parties, as he continues his search for significant investment in the club.
In a carefully worded statement to the Stock Exchange, City have confirmed they are in talks with potential buyers which 'may or may not lead to a bid' for the club.
Former Thai Prime Minster Thaksin Shinawatra, who attempted but failed to buy a stake in Liverpool in 2004, has strongly been linked with making an offer but it would appear Ranson has laid down the early marker in lodging an opening bid.
Ranson tried to buy Aston Villa prior to Randy Lerner securing control at Villa Park and has while he has always been linked with making a move for City, it is only now that he has made his interest official.
The offer is believed to cover the club's shares, the repayment of loans in the region of £24million to major shareholders Wardle and David Makin and debt to other parties.
It has also been speculated that Ranson would be ready to hand manager Stuart Pearce a £20million transfer kitty were he to assume control.
An American consortium is also weighing up whether to launch a takeover of their own, according to reports.
It is expected that Ranson will make a statement to the Stock Exchange on Tuesday to clarify his position.
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=462837&CPID=8&clid=43&lid=4161&title=Former+Blue+makes+bid+for+City

What do you think? I think Man City deserve it after all the things we have been through ;)

Jordie
24-04-2007, 02:48 PM
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=462837&CPID=8&clid=43&lid=4161&title=Former+Blue+makes+bid+for+City

What do you think? I think Man City deserve it after all the things we have been through ;)

they'd be a much better side if they had a player that can score them 20 goals a season, they've only got players with a few here and there:)

and what has man city been thru?:S

sl4rtzzzz
24-04-2007, 04:57 PM
i agree with jordie man city were safe flipping ages ago lol

Swp.
24-04-2007, 05:10 PM
i think its bad if im to be truthful you got the likes of

liverpool , chelsea , arsenal not to sure about arsenal but liverpool & chelsea.

who have been given loads money and they just buying premiership and cups like that and they buy loads players who aint english

arsenal being the worst with a MASSIVE 1 english player

but u go to teams like brentford,yeovil,luton,sunderland,watford any team
who have to try get to the prem without money and loads english players

when they get to them prem they will jsut go down as they have no money to get prem players

Scriptermone
24-04-2007, 05:24 PM

liverpool , chelsea , arsenal not to sure about arsenal but liverpool & chelsea.

who have been given loads money and they just buying premiership and cups like that and they buy loads players who aint english

when they get to them prem they will jsut go down as they have no money to get prem players

rofl? ALOT of chelseas team is english.

Lampard, Terry, Shaun wright-phillips, Ashley cole, Joe cole, Wayne bridge.

Swp.
24-04-2007, 05:29 PM

yh maybe but they buying the prem and other cups
correct me if im wrong but chelsea where sold for some low amount of money to the new owner
because you was in so much money problems

Jordie
24-04-2007, 06:25 PM

arsenal might not have many english players in their side but my god they play the best football in this country by far, it just shows that foreigners in a way are much better footballers than the english hence why we havent won a world cup since 1966:rolleyes:

Ed.
24-04-2007, 06:26 PM
hmmm will be quite good to see a new team come to the top of the table :D

Jordie
24-04-2007, 06:29 PM
hmmm will be quite good to see a new team come to the top of the table :D

lol this doesnt meant another chelsea

the 90 million pound is for buying the club, you dont know how much they want to put into transfers just yet

sl4rtzzzz
24-04-2007, 06:33 PM
@jordie

i heard 20million

Jordie
24-04-2007, 06:37 PM
@jordie

i heard 20million

20 mil for a club with a 48,000 seater stadium that alone is worth 50 mil
the owner isnt gnna sell it for a silly price is he:S

sl4rtzzzz
24-04-2007, 06:45 PM
20 mil for a club with a 48,000 seater stadium that alone is worth 50 mil
the owner isnt gnna sell it for a silly price is he:S
no hehe

i mean for transfers

Swp.
24-04-2007, 07:15 PM
arsenal might not have many english players in their side but my god they play the best football in this country by far, it just shows that foreigners in a way are much better footballers than the english hence why we havent won a world cup since 1966:rolleyes:

can not agree arsenal best in country thats why they are 4th
and out of champions league and out of every other cup
and we have no good english players because they all play for teams like luton or w.e and dnt get a chance to play big football because we have teams like arsenal who dont give english players a chance

Minstrels
24-04-2007, 07:18 PM
no hehe

i mean for transfers

It's something like 70million to pay off debts and 20million to spend ;)

Jordie
24-04-2007, 07:38 PM
can not agree arsenal best in country thats why they are 4th
and out of champions league and out of every other cup
and we have no good english players because they all play for teams like luton or w.e and dnt get a chance to play big football because we have teams like arsenal who dont give english players a chance

lmao:D arsenal play the best football there is, its all fluent passing and they are capable of beating anyone, lol at you all the english players play for luton:P its up to arsenal really maybe they dnt want the useless english players in their side as i said the english havent dne much since 1966 becoz they are simply not as good as the foreign players in the premiership

Swp.
24-04-2007, 07:45 PM
lmao:D arsenal play the best football there is, its all fluent passing and they are capable of beating anyone, lol at you all the english players play for luton:P its up to arsenal really maybe they dnt want the useless english players in their side as i said the english havent dne much since 1966 becoz they are simply not as good as the foreign players in the premiership

we are not as good as over countrys because are arsenals dont play english players so how can they be good when they can only get into teams like watford or luton and it is english coaches not as good as over countrys

brandon
24-04-2007, 07:48 PM

glen johnson.. scott sinclair??

Swp.
24-04-2007, 07:53 PM

yh see chelsea with all the money buy too many people so they dont get a chance to play football

sl4rtzzzz
24-04-2007, 08:58 PM
no glen johnson is at a championship side cant remember where they was on tv other night and he came on as sub

Swp.
24-04-2007, 09:06 PM
no glen johnson is at a championship side cant remember where they was on tv other night and he came on as sub

johnson is on loan at portsmouth
scott sinclair is on loan at plymouth

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!