PDA

View Full Version : 80% of our parents will live longer than us

TotalNoob
28-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Unhealthy eating is a big part of our life nowadays, so its no wonder that the obesity rate in England has tripled in the last 20 years.
Food nowadays is just McDonalds, burgers, chips, crisps, pizza, hot dog, take away‘s, chocolates and sweets, its fast, easy and cheap, so no wonder 8/10 of us don’t eat a balanced meal once a week.
In a recent study, tests showed that someone eating McDonalds once every day for 2 months had the risk of heart attacks tripled and there general health had completely collapsed and the blood pressure was dangerously high, it had the same effects as drinking excessive amounts of alcohol daily.
Well, what can you do about it? Not much, its not something us kids/teens are not in control of, its the adults job, soon new legal requirements will be taken action in schools across England banning junk food and sweets from being sold in schools, but will that help?
I think the rest is up to you, there are lost of healthy food you can get nowadays, there’s them Actimel drinks and although you've been put off them all your life due to the junk food we've been brought up on.. you can still try veg! You may be surprised that its quite nice!

Well, next time you get the chance, don’t think about healthy food being something given to you to annoy you and make you unhappy, its a personal choice you have to make and the future of your life will depend on how you eat. Being thin or "not fat" IS NOT an excuse to eat junk food, just because your are not fat it doesn’t mean you are healthy. I think that it is the smugness of us nowadays that leads us to think we are a "master species" with new medication and technology making us live for longer, but we haven’t been paying attention to the food we eat, and before we know it, it will catch up on us all, like is has done.
So, I’m sure I’ve bored you to death by now, so ill just say that the survival of the human race does depend on our eating habits, and making a personal change in your life to eat healthy will make you a much better person, more active, more happy and feeling a lot better about yourself.

If you where wondering about the title, it means that our parents life span is generally going to be longer than ours because they ate more healthy food when they where younger so they will live for a longer amount of time then us. That is if we don’t change our diet...

ff_vivi
28-04-2005, 10:26 PM
You only found out now? Anyway it's the parents fault for giving their children the wrong food.

MMR
28-04-2005, 10:29 PM
If someone eats that food everyday thats crazy but i just have it every 1 or 2 weeks and its doesn't effect me.

Mit
29-04-2005, 06:56 AM
uve been watchin Super Size Me. lmao.

its ovius, kids today eat rubbish and sometimes smoke, parents used to smoke but atleast would do 2x te ammount of walkin we do. not many had cars or could afford one so they had to walk unlike kids today. who get picked up in the car to school. get dropped off. then take bus to mcdonalds go to cinema and get lift back home

only about 100m walked :)

---MAD---
29-04-2005, 07:40 AM
yo bro, this is only if you eat it EVERYDAY for EVERYMEAL lol.
I have it twice or a week or maybe none at all. Its not gonna kill me, your body needs a bit of fat anyway :)

Question?
29-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Thats what jamie oliver is trying to stop! So give him a helping hand.

TotalNoob
29-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Some of you are forgetting, its not just McDonalds im talking about, think about the other food your eating, would people have eaten that about 50-60yrs ago? Im not saying you have to only eat healthy food all the time, but you arent going to start feeling horribly sick because you dont eath healthy, you will live a normal life until you die when your about 60-70 of a heart attack. Thats what they predict for most of us.

Rachi
29-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Ok.. You only Just found That Out.. ^_^ Well We All Need A Healthy Diet.. But A Mcdonalds A Week Doesnt Make Much Diffrence... Anyway Whats The Point Of A Thread On This? I Think Everyone Knows Tht U gotta Hav A Healthy diet.. WOW A Mcdonalds OMG im gna die save mee!!

clearmint
29-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Avctually,I only eat salads and fruit!
lol

Findail
29-04-2005, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Mit]uve been watchin Super Size Me. lmao.[QUOTE]

Aww damnit.. I was going to watch that, totally forgot.

EDIT: Messed that quote up. -.-

smurf-you
29-04-2005, 03:44 PM
You are what you eat, And i'll eat as much fast food as i want, Due to i don't see the point eating something you don't like, I'll stick with eating fast food.

Calzeh
29-04-2005, 04:06 PM
You are what you eat, And i'll eat as much fast food as i want, Due to i don't see the point eating something you don't like, I'll stick with eating fast food.

Well that is your choice. Just remember, you are responsible for yourself and nobody can make you do something you dont want to. But maybe you should pay a tiny bit of attention to the advice people give. Fast food is fine but eating it in moderation is a good idea.

Personally, I am obsessed with what I eat. I'm a bit of a meal skipper which is just as bad probably as it messes up your metabolism. When I was younger I never cared about what I ate or how much of it, now I am a healthy-ish eater because I have learned about healthy eating and the benefits of it.

If you are not overweight you should eat healthily anyway, it's not just a temporary diet it's changing your habits for life. I am lucky that I don't have problems with my weight - I'm also not a stick, and it's probably really patronising for someone who does have problems to hear a person like me rambling on about healthy eating. It's a lifestyle choice only you can make. But you also will have to deal with the consequences of it. Like you may become overweight if you spend your life eating junk food and sitting doing nothing.

If you have extra energy that is not being used up, it is turned into fat. It's a known fact. Or the other choice, do some excercise, eat well and feel great about yourself. Going for a run or a brisk walk on a sunny day listening to your mp3/mp4 player can actually be a very fun experience. Trust me I do it at lunchtime on nice days. Although recently my walks have been to go shopping and not actually buy anything, just look around.

Being curvy is not something to be ashamed of. Some people would die for a curvy figure and not just a bony shapeless body. Be comfortable with yourself, others will accept you for what you are. Feeling happy with yourself is the most important thing. But dont forget about your health. :-)

Mit
29-04-2005, 04:18 PM
im becoming unfit. i used to run 5km v.fast but now im slower i think its cause after school i dont do as much excerise anymore also i eat alot after school

.:SweetHeart:.
29-04-2005, 04:19 PM
I hate soapboxes o.o
smurf i respect you for making up your own mind
fast food is more popular in the US it seems...i eat it like twice a week i guess maybe more...but i actually eat pretty healthy..and i'm physically fit
i think everyone should eat what they want...if they want to be healthy then be healthy...if they want fast food they should be allowed to eat it without people giving them a speech about it...eating right is common sense they choose to do it their way

and i respect them because they are doing what they want with their lives & that's all that's important...being happy...and enjoying the little life you have

Bruck
29-04-2005, 04:20 PM
SuperSize me - Lol
Good Fill. Thanks for the facts, but The Goverment has other ways of getting this news across.
I.e Newspapers.

Convictions
29-04-2005, 04:32 PM
I took the time to look at the ingredients in a McD's salad, its got all the unhealthy stuff of a cheeseburger, but the attitude is 'Well we should cover it up with some lettuce - That sorts it'

Calzeh
29-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I took the time to look at the ingredients in a McD's salad, its got all the unhealthy stuff of a cheeseburger, but the attitude is 'Well we should cover it up with some lettuce - That sorts it'

haha you should see the thread i made about mcd's :')
ill edit this post with a link later :P

GommeInc
29-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Mc Donalds is fowl and distasteful food. I bet they spit in it to release 'hidden' flavours.

cocaine
30-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Anyway, its somehow our parents' fault, but if you're like me and take money to school, its your responsibility. But because I only do it once a week, I get something that isn't that healthy, but still I work it off in an hours excersise after school.
Simple, really

cocaine
30-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Mc Donalds is fowl and distasteful food. I bet they spit in it to release 'hidden' flavours.

Yeah, I'm going off it now.

cocaine
30-04-2005, 05:03 PM
im becoming unfit. i used to run 5km v.fast but now im slower i think its cause after school i dont do as much excerise anymore also i eat alot after school

Sorry for Triple-posting but,
I'm the opposite, if that helps. :D
But I though 1500m. was hard!

lauralol
30-04-2005, 05:12 PM
I eat loooooads of junk food, but I'm a fussy eater, I just won't eat fruit and veg. Well I eat a little bit... On average about 1 a day rofl. But I'm not obese or even overweight.. in fact I'm quite underweight!

Drewar
30-04-2005, 05:16 PM
I know, I'm starting to gain weight again, I am 14 and weigh 105lbs. I was diagnosed with annorexia a couple years back.

manga21
30-04-2005, 11:21 PM
uve been watchin Super Size Me. lmao.

its ovius, kids today eat rubbish and sometimes smoke, parents used to smoke but atleast would do 2x te ammount of walkin we do. not many had cars or could afford one so they had to walk unlike kids today. who get picked up in the car to school. get dropped off. then take bus to mcdonalds go to cinema and get lift back home

only about 100m walked :)

super size me the menu super size me the amircan way super size me lmao!!!! :D

Pilgrim-Soul
02-05-2005, 07:48 AM
You only found out now? Anyway it's the parents fault for giving their children the wrong food.
LMAO! always blame the parents :eusa_shif

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!