25-04-2007, 08:41 PM
URL:

http://www.****************/uploads/2db8e62444.gif

IMAGE:

http://www.****************/uploads/2db8e62444.gif

Thoughts? +rep for feedback :)

Mr.OSH
25-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry to say that is magnificent, its got to be one of the best layouts I've seen in ages. Well Done and a very well deserved + rep! I hope to see more of this these kind of layouts brighten up my day! :D

Ini
25-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Oo words can't describe what i think of this..

+rep

Puma
25-04-2007, 08:46 PM
WOAHH! fantasic template! am in love xD

Sunny.
25-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Ditto ^^, That is a very good Design, +REP

Recursion
25-04-2007, 08:48 PM
BLOODY HELL!

Well done!! Words couldn't describe it ;)

_Liam
25-04-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry to say that is magnificent, its got to be one of the best layouts I've seen in ages. Well Done and a very well deserved + rep! I hope to see more of this these kind of layouts brighten up my day! :D

Oo words can't describe what i think of this..

+rep

WOAHH! fantasic template! am in love xD

BLOODY HELL!

Well done!! Words couldn't describe it ;)

Enough said :D + Rep

Fantastic

F32
25-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Too simple for a hosting layout.

redtom
25-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Too simple for a hosting layout.

You had to spoil the thread :@ lol

anyway, Googles top 5 (acutal hosting sites) for the word hosting

Number 1 (http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/Home;jsessionid=5A34C4706F8CBD4BDE575BFE8D2CA776.T C32b?__reuse=1177534924305) - and thats not simple?

Number 2 (http://www.fortunecity.com/) - OMG they have 3
boxs rebels!

Number 3 (http://www.123-reg.co.uk/web-hosting/) - yeah complicated :rolleyes:

Number 4 (http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/) - no, OMG it canrt be, they have, the little devils 5 boxs & a flash add JESES!

Number 5 (http://www.freezone.co.uk/) - hmmm reminds me of number 4 but :o they've even gone and added box under there ad boxs for pakcages! what is the world coming 2

Invent
25-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Great layout just dont like the bar at the top.

_Liam
25-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Simple sometimes works well

F32
25-04-2007, 09:11 PM
1&1 - big company, website doesn't have to impress.
They use colours to attract - it has more than 3 boxes :P
123reg, exactly as meaning, big company - no need for fancy
same as 1 & 3
freezone one doesn't deserve the webspace its on.:eusa_danc

redtom
25-04-2007, 09:15 PM
1&1 - big company, website doesn't have to impress.
They use colours to attract - it has more than 3 boxes :P
123reg, exactly as meaning, big company - no need for fancy
same as 1 & 3
freezone one doesn't deserve the webspace its on.:eusa_danc

Ok then 3 main one a banner and loads of little buttons, then the boxs in the background, then the footer

So where does the rule come in that big sites layouts can be simple and small sites canrt :(

EDIT: thanks for every ones feedback I've repped you all including adam but not jaffa because I gotta spread :(

F32
25-04-2007, 09:16 PM
there is no rule.

there's just no need for a site that solely depends on backend workings the have a flashy site - they already have a name for themselves etc.

a small site, flashy layout - draws attention, possible customers.

promotional studies ftw.

redtom
25-04-2007, 09:20 PM
there is no rule.

there's just no need for a site that solely depends on backend workings the have a flashy site - they already have a name for themselves etc.

a small site, flashy layout - draws attention, possible customers.

promotional studies ftw.

Flashy sites actually don't bring in more customers, 9 times our of 10 there hard to navigate, customers feel uncomfortable, but on the other hand simple sites are easy to navigate and customers feel relaxed and a more likely to buy!

Mr.OSH
25-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Flashy sites actually don't bring in more customers, 9 times our of 10 there hard to navigate, customers feel uncomfortable, but on the other hand simple sites are easy to navigate and customers feel relaxed and a more likely to buy!

I see exactly were you are coming from, even if it is basics, it is based upon how effective the website is, how eye catching and aesthetically pleasing it is and that doesn't necessarily mean its has to be super complicated to the point were you become confused or uncomfortable. Less is More and More is less in some cases.

Oni
25-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Pure and simple :), dont worry about adam he complains about you making small sites then when you do a bigger one he says do a smaller ''/

Lycan
25-04-2007, 10:01 PM
the design is Ace. the colour scheme i'm not such a fan of, i think hosting sites created by habbox members appear to be slowly loosing colour and i think bright colours that go together do attract more customers while a site like that you look at the desgn think Woa. then daze off when it gets to reading something.

ChampJames.
25-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Love the layout. Brilliant design +rep

Sygon..
25-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I like the banner but i wouldnt use it for a hosting company not too proffesional.

Replicada
25-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Overall Oppinion: Very Good

Possible Alterations:

Colour Scheme
More Abstarct :P
Improoved buttons

But that can be done in CSS, through the use of hovers...etc
As I said, overall a very good design.

Something I hope too go into myself....
When I have the time that is...

Sam
25-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Well done for creating another masterpiece Tom.

+Rep if i can.

Jaysir
25-04-2007, 11:37 PM
The site is nice.. But it seems like it would be more of a Personal Bio layout instead of a nice COLORFUL hosting layout.

BILLY
25-04-2007, 11:39 PM
I love it, alot, + rep :)
Love everything about it.

Recursion
26-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Ok then 3 main one a banner and loads of little buttons, then the boxs in the background, then the footer

So where does the rule come in that big sites layouts can be simple and small sites canrt :(

EDIT: thanks for every ones feedback I've repped you all including adam but not jaffa because I gotta spread :(
Thanks anyway ;)

Some guy above said it would be good as a personal layout. I think he/shes right. Its an extremely nice layout for a personal site, that If I had the money for I'd make an offer on.

redtom
26-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Well done for creating another masterpiece Tom.
+Rep if i can.

Ty, BTW I've done that layout you wanted but it turned out **** sorry :( next time your on MSN talk to me

Thanks anyway ;)

Some guy above said it would be good as a personal layout. I think he/shes right. Its an extremely nice layout for a personal site

Yeah it is sort of but I'm going to make it in a few more colour skemes to see if that changes.

I'll rep every one and reply to there posts later when I have more time

[Oli]
26-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't like it ... for a hosting site :p
No, serieus, it's nice, but it would suit more for a tutorial/funforum/.. site, something to do with an community.

I dislike the top bar which has rounded corners when all the others have square ones, so maybe make them squared too
The drop-shadow on the top bar is too heavy, lighten that up ;)
I don't think that colour sheme fits right for a hosting theme, try flashy colours (warm colours)
Add some server images to make the user give an instant feeling that he's on a hosting company site

Anyway, I didn't read all comments so sorry if these are said before...

Good luck with the design!

redtom
26-04-2007, 04:19 PM
;3432855']I don't like it ... for a hosting site :p
No, serieus, it's nice, but it would suit more for a tutorial/funforum/.. site, something to do with an community.

I dislike the top bar which has rounded corners when all the others have square ones, so maybe make them squared too
The drop-shadow on the top bar is too heavy, lighten that up ;)
I don't think that colour sheme fits right for a hosting theme, try flashy colours (warm colours)
Add some server images to make the user give an instant feeling that he's on a hosting company site

Anyway, I didn't read all comments so sorry if these are said before...

Good luck with the design!

When I started this I was going for a more of a community theme then a hosting theme, it's just the latest site I've started work on is a hosting site so I thought I would use hosting for the dummy text, although I may use this layout for the hosting site if I canrt make/get a better one.

I'll have a go and see what it looks like when I'm doing the other colour skemes.

It is a square, its the drop shadow and inner shadow effects make it look like its rounded

Yeah, I agree with you an that one, like I said before I'm going to do it in a few more colour themes

If I had any good ones or could make them I would have :(

EDIT: Sorry oil I have to spread rep but by the time I've finished giving every one ells rep who have posted feedback I should be able to give it you, also do you have any good quality images of servers?

[Oli]
26-04-2007, 04:46 PM
When I started this I was going for a more of a community theme then a hosting theme, it's just the latest site I've started work on is a hosting site so I thought I would use hosting for the dummy text, although I may use this layout for the hosting site if I canrt make/get a better one.

I'll have a go and see what it looks like when I'm doing the other colour skemes.

It is a square, its the drop shadow and inner shadow effects make it look like its rounded

Yeah, I agree with you an that one, like I said before I'm going to do it in a few more colour themes

If I had any good ones or could make them I would have :(

EDIT: Sorry oil I have to spread rep but by the time I've finished giving every one ells rep who have posted feedback I should be able to give it you, also do you have any good quality images of servers?

I'll have a look if i can find/make some.
I made a 3D flat screen yesterday which will be used in a possible v2 of 2nd-design.com (info later)

But i'll see if i can make some servers for free ;) or just for you xD
I don't really give alot about the REP system ;)

Mr.OSH
26-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes the overall design would probably fit a personal site better but it is still extremely good. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!