PDA

View Full Version : Sam to Quit!

@xP
28-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Thats right! Bolton's boss Big sam is about to leave at the end of the Season. Iam a season ticket holder at Bolton! What a time to tell us at the crucial part of the season for us!!

Here is a article i found over the internet (The sun) if you would like to have a good read !

SAM ALLARDYCE has told Bolton he is quitting at the end of the season.

Allardyce delivered the shock news to Trotters chairman Phil Gartside and is adamant he will not change his mind.
The news will stun Bolton players and fans ahead of their match with Chelsea at 12.45pm today.
Big Sam has been in charge at Bolton since October 1999. He has performed miracles on a shoestring budget, turning the club from First Division no-hopers into a Premiership force to be reckoned with.
His amazing achievements at the Reebok Stadium even put him on the brink of becoming England boss last year when Sven Goran Eriksson resigned.
It is not yet clear exactly why Allardyce has decided to quit.
There could well have been a disagreement internally about the future direction of the Lancashire club.
Allardyce has been constantly frustrated by the financial restraints put on him despite Wanderers being a top-flight club for six years.
Bolton’s board fear Allardyce may have been tapped up by a member of the consortium bidding to take over at Manchester City.
A member of the Eastlands board is believed to support the Ray Ranson bid and a move for Allardyce.
But I understand Allardyce has told Bolton that is not the case, nor the reason he wants to leave the club he also served as a player.
However, the news will certainly alert City, who look set to part company with Stuart Pearce in the summer.
Newcastle have also been long-term admirers of Allardyce.
Toon manager Glenn Roeder’s own future is also far from certain.
In Allardyce’s first season in charge, he took the Trotters to the last four of both the League Cup and FA Cup.
The following season he took them up in the play-offs and has since made them regular challengers for a European place.

Aflux
28-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I suggest you come back when you have solid evidence.

`The Sun` said that Henry would be leaving - and he goes and signs a new contract with Arsenal.

`The Sun` is very unbelievable and a very untrustworthy source for anything apart from big-busted women.

@xP
28-04-2007, 10:08 AM
This is evidence from the news paper and also posted on the BWFC message boards. 1 sec let me check on the Bolton site. If it's not on there i guess your Correct.

Aflux
28-04-2007, 10:11 AM
I just checked the Bolton site, there's nothing about it.

Just because some, unknown randomer posted on a message board - doesn't mean to say it's true aye?

@xP
28-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes, lots of newspapers have picked this up.

Nothing on the Bolton website but it doesn't get updates regulary, i guess Skysports will talk to big Sam, I'll post more information and evidence soon if i can.

VPSwow
28-04-2007, 10:50 AM
There will be an interview with him soon i guess... to check if its true or not.

@xP
28-04-2007, 10:52 AM
There will be an interview with him soon i guess... to check if its true or not.

After the chelsea game is guess.

Also bad time to tell us espeacially at this crucial time for Bolton Wanderers

Aflux
28-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Think about it though - if he was going to leave he would've most likely publically announced it in some shape.

Anywho - I guess we'll see!

Swastika
28-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Tim Lovejoy said this on Soccer AM this morning - so i guess its realy happening.

Grainger@CUFC
28-04-2007, 11:29 AM
It seems a little weird to me. Why didn't he leave for the England job at the start of the season instead of leaving at the end into nothing. Unless he has another job lined up?

3d
28-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeh was on soccer AM

dunna if its true though

Aflux
28-04-2007, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't of thought it's true.

He has nothing to go for?

3d
28-04-2007, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't of thought it's true.

He has nothing to go for?
england job?

Tristan
28-04-2007, 01:32 PM
It seems a little weird to me. Why didn't he leave for the England job at the start of the season instead of leaving at the end into nothing. Unless he has another job lined up?

Picture this:

Sam: I resign because Sven is no longer England manager and I want to be it.
Bolton: kk

*Steve McClaren is appointed England manager*

Sam: o m g.

Minstrels
28-04-2007, 03:07 PM
On the bbc website it says he wants the Manchester City job, a bit more of a challenge.

Aflux
28-04-2007, 03:51 PM
He's stupid if he leaves Bolton imo.

edible
28-04-2007, 04:34 PM
If it's true, I want him at Everton.

lol.

:Hazel
28-04-2007, 09:30 PM
im surprised hes going, bolton are finally getting somewhere... then again maybe he thinks hes taken them as far as he can & wants a new challenge.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!