PDA

View Full Version : carlisle 1-2 swansea

Jamie!
29-04-2007, 09:57 AM
well, was a decent game to watch but it's ended our chances of getting in the play-offs now, fair play to the club though for a very good first season in league1 with a manager in his first year of managing a club.

lee trundle opened the scoring with a minute or so gone when he turned and rifled the ball into the top corner, the rest of the half was fairly even but swansea had the better of the play. second half was a whole different story though, we were literally all over them and should have scored 2 or 3 at least. we got our reward when johann smith chased the ball and got it off one of the defenders, he then took in inbetween two players (god knows how though!) and then took it round the keeper and slotted the ball into the empty goal to equalise. we then had another great chance soon after when johann smith then ran clean through from 30/40 yards into the box with lumsdon in the center, but he shot instead and it was saved. and then, in the 93rd minute, they had a shot saved which was parried out by westwood, only for duffy to scramble the ball over the line to send the jack army mad.

the full time whistle signaled the pitch invasion of the usual smackheads, only for them to go and stand in front of the jacks and start giving it large, which was fairly funny cause when the police came out with the dogs they all scarpered like a bunch a girls.. also, just to make a bad day a little bit better, someone lamped lee trundle at the end :D

another fairly interesting part of the day, was the delivery of the match ball by a sea king helicopter.. click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGj_fI7Wqzo)

Grainger@CUFC
29-04-2007, 11:12 AM
I swear eh, Johann Smith, talk about hero to zero. He could have squared it all the way to Hawley and we still would have scored! We were all asleep for the first goal, I mean 42 seconds come on. Plus I still believe it was handball for their second goal along with the 10500 other fans in the ground and all of the Carlisle players. The wrong end to a very exciting second half.

We got the decent cheerleaders as well :P. A bit better on the eye than the usual morons who do it. They don't have a clue, and the anouncer just gets worse every week saying where they've been.

I thought Zigor should have got man of the match. He was definitely the most spirited player out there and put in the most effort.

Ah well, another season over really. At least we can be happy with our first season in League 1. 8th is a brilliant position to be in :8.

Jordie
29-04-2007, 01:09 PM
we'll see you all next year:)

Grainger@CUFC
29-04-2007, 01:12 PM
we'll see you all next year:)

Yes, come to sunny Carlisle :8. You might escape with a point :rolleyes:.

Jordie
29-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes, come to sunny Carlisle :8. You might escape with a point :rolleyes:.

ummm lol ill go carlisle if we're doing well like top 6:rolleyes:

Grainger@CUFC
29-04-2007, 01:16 PM
ummm lol ill go carlisle if we're doing well like top 6:rolleyes:

Lol, if you're up in the play-offs then. Defo going to Leeds though. I'm trying to go away a lot more next season.

Jamie!
29-04-2007, 01:17 PM
grainger, have the tickets for scunny sold out yet?
there was 300 odd left to sell after the game out of the 1,600 allocation we got, and there looked as if there was alot of people leaving 10min early to get in the queue..

got mine last week, looking forward to it like, just going and enjoying the football with not having to worry about us having to get a result.

Jordie
29-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Lol, if you're up in the play-offs then. Defo going to Leeds though. I'm trying to go away a lot more next season.

yh elland road is about 40,000 i think, not good for them to be in league 1:O

Grainger@CUFC
29-04-2007, 01:19 PM
yh elland road is about 40,000 i think, not good for them to be in league 1:O

First time they've been down to the 3rd tier that's why lol. Notts Forest is near that as well and they get about 20,000 a game so it averages itself out. They'll probs go up anyway.

gosling
29-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Unlucky lads, won't be playing your lot either way unless we're drawn in the cup. Just seen that chopper delivering the ball...classy!

Grainger@CUFC
29-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Unlucky lads, won't be playing your lot either way unless we're drawn in the cup. Just seen that chopper delivering the ball...classy!

Yeah it always adds a nice touch. They did it last season as well, just a bit earlier on, back end of March i think. Wish it could have brought us a bit more luck though :(.

3rd round of the FA Cup. We'll be waiting for you :D.

Jordie
29-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah it always adds a nice touch. They did it last season as well, just a bit earlier on, back end of March i think. Wish it could have brought us a bit more luck though :(.

3rd round of the FA Cup. We'll be waiting for you :D.

they will either score in the 90th min or hand ball it into the net they even dubbed their player hand of shab after our fa cup game there team is a joke:P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!