PDA

View Full Version : Gerard Way Jacket!

foamy
30-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Ye I just got this from the internet and for those who don't know it's the same jacket that My Chemical Romance singer Gerard Way wears (not his actual one but it is exactly the same and liscensed by them!

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2686/img0003aww4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8374/img0004ain1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Just to prove it's the same here are some clips from Welcome To The Black Parade (A song by them for those who don't have a clue)

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1521/hihihsdgdgdga7.png (http://imageshack.us)

Kyle.tk
30-04-2007, 06:04 PM
that is the biggest screb jacket ever.

if i saw someone in my town wearing one of them i would proper laugh.

-:Undertaker:-
30-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Someone in our school has one.

They ok if you have emo/goth hair etc.

English
30-04-2007, 06:10 PM
U-G-L-Y

asher_
30-04-2007, 06:12 PM
oh dear.

also, it's summer?? :/

foamy
30-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Believe it or not i get a good reception if i wear it in town. Yes you may call it ugly but different people have different opinions on things. Me for example, i think that people in white tracksuits with their trousers in their socks and hats that are so far back they look they are gonna fall off, I think thats a rubbish look but i don't just go around saying that. At least i have some respect for what others like and before your gonna put me down have a think about the effect its gonna have. Also to be honest i don't give a damn if you think it's a load of crap coz at least i know i like it and thats good enough for me.

For those who do like it...rock on!

clarissa !!
30-04-2007, 06:19 PM
i really dont like them but w/e if you like it.

asher_
30-04-2007, 06:21 PM

lol...

Kyle.tk
30-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Believe it or not i get a good reception if i wear it in town. Yes you may call it ugly but different people have different opinions on things. Me for example, i think that people in white tracksuits with their trousers in their socks and hats that are so far back they look they are gonna fall off, I think thats a rubbish look but i don't just go around saying that. At least i have some respect for what others like and before your gonna put me down have a think about the effect its gonna have. Also to be honest i don't give a damn if you think it's a load of crap coz at least i know i like it and thats good enough for me.

Well why post it on a forum when you know not everyones going to like it and people will express their dislike. if you'd of said 'DONT SAY BAD FINGS ABOUT IT' then i wouldn't of.

English
30-04-2007, 06:23 PM

Just looking at your signature you make me laugh, not only are you claiming to be "emo" but you appear to be proud of it. What is up with that? Tracksuits sure are more comfortable and better looking than that leather Gerard Way jacket you got. It's pretty much May, soon to be summer. It'll be stupid to wear a jacket like that in summer, you will look out of place and will be boiling! The thing is, you just did express your opinion. You say you "respect other people's opinions" yet you say how you don't like it in a subtle way, which may "affect" other people. I don't see how my opinion should affect you, I'm a random person you've never spoke to who you'll never meet so why would it affect you? When people are walking around in just t-shirts and shorts, wear your skanky jacket with cut wrists & shout to the world how proud you are to be emo!

-:Undertaker:-
30-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I'd rather wera that jacket than a horrid tracksuit.

I LMAO @ trackkies now.

asher_
30-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Ye I just got this from the internet and for those who don't know it's the same jacket that My Chemical Romance singer Gerard Way wears (not his actual one but it is exactly the same and liscensed by them!

Just to prove it's the same here are some clips from Welcome To The Black Parade (A song by them for those who don't have a clue)

also foamy, i hate to break it to you but emo is a fad. a couple years on and you'll probably find a new song to sing to and a new wardrobe full of clothes. btw, you can't actually be 'emo' as stated in your signature. it's a genre of music and no, it isn't mcr.

foamy
30-04-2007, 06:34 PM
1. I'm not celebrating "ooh im emo arnt i great?" im just saying that everyone likes summit different.

2. Im not abusing anyone who likes anything different.

3. I never said i didnt want people to say bad things about it because I KNOW different people wont. thats fine with me but it would be NICER to say "hmm maybe it isnt my thing thats fine im not gonna put you down".

Also thank you undertaker i aggree BUT once again im not putting people down who do wear tracksuits coz a few of my friends do.

Finally my wrists arnt cut thats just stereotyping eg. someone says EMO ppl think ooh black clothes, make up and cuts all over them and when someone says CHAV ppl think ooh tracksuits, caps and aggression.

IT IS DAMNED STEREOTYPING!

Anyway now thats over ill calm down i hope i have made a point...

asher_
30-04-2007, 06:38 PM
they do wear all black though :/

heck, it's practically the same as goth.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w3GrNHR9p7I

foamy
30-04-2007, 06:39 PM
also foamy, i hate to break it to you but emo is a fad. a couple years on and you'll probably find a new song to sing to and a new wardrobe full of clothes. btw, you can't actually be 'emo' as stated in your signature. it's a genre of music and no, it isn't mcr.

Ok fair point but it is easier to say yes i am emo than "Yes i like emo music and i wear lots of black clothes etc.

Also i know mcr isnt really 'emo' music but other stuff is eg. Bullet for my valentine, funeral for a friend etc.

Just to let u know i only put the band picture in because its one of my favourites and it isnt connected at all in any way to the writing next to it.

English
30-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok fair point but it is easier to say yes i am emo than "Yes i like emo music and i wear lots of black clothes etc.

Also i know mcr isnt really 'emo' music but other stuff is eg. Bullet for my valentine, funeral for a friend etc.

Just to let u know i only put the band picture in because its one of my favourites and it isnt connected at all in any way to the writing next to it.
BFMV aren't emo

foamy
30-04-2007, 06:46 PM
They are more emo than mcr.

English
30-04-2007, 06:50 PM
They are more emo than mcr.

Don't be stupid.

velocity
30-04-2007, 06:51 PM
no such thing as emo, just a tag.

foamy
30-04-2007, 06:57 PM
DJ u have no idea.

Just to clear this up:

We are talking about a piece of CLOTHING not what everyone else thinks of everyone else.

velocity
30-04-2007, 06:59 PM
DJ u have no idea.

Just to clear this up:

We are talking about a piece of CLOTHING not what everyone else thinks of everyone else.
wear what you like, we dont care. but there is no such thing as emo & to call yourself one, is just really sad?

Sly
30-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't really like it, but if you like it, then it's fine.

Kittii
30-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Lemme Jus Saii, This Is My Opinion [&&] Everythin,,
But I Tiink They Are Disguistin .. Lmao

xox

mangle
30-04-2007, 07:16 PM
I think they're vulgar , as is everything else with emo. People who stereotype themselves as emo annoy me most though >_>
"im emoxcore"
-.-'

Glitter
30-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Just looking at your signature you make me laugh, not only are you claiming to be "emo" but you appear to be proud of it. What is up with that? Tracksuits sure are more comfortable and better looking than that leather Gerard Way jacket you got. It's pretty much May, soon to be summer. It'll be stupid to wear a jacket like that in summer, you will look out of place and will be boiling! The thing is, you just did express your opinion. You say you "respect other people's opinions" yet you say how you don't like it in a subtle way, which may "affect" other people. I don't see how my opinion should affect you, I'm a random person you've never spoke to who you'll never meet so why would it affect you? When people are walking around in just t-shirts and shorts, wear your skanky jacket with cut wrists & shout to the world how proud you are to be emo!

Tbh that is aload of crap.
One; "not only are you claiming to be "emo" but you appear to be proud of it" - Whats wrong with being proud with who you are? Its better than being ashamed of who you are.
Two; People find different things comfortable; tbh, wearing a tracksuit would make me extremely uncomfortable, because its not who i am, whereas he is obviously comfortable with his own style.
Three; How the hell do you know he cuts his wrists? That is completely stereotypical and actually mainly not true for a lot of emos.

Thanks xo

English
30-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Tbh that is aload of crap.
One; "not only are you claiming to be "emo" but you appear to be proud of it" - Whats wrong with being proud with who you are? Its better than being ashamed of who you are.
Two; People find different things comfortable; tbh, wearing a tracksuit would make me extremely uncomfortable, because its not who i am, whereas he is obviously comfortable with his own style.
Three; How the hell do you know he cuts his wrists? That is completely stereotypical and actually mainly not true for a lot of emos.

Thanks xo
Being proud of being an emo? What's there to be proud of? Go on, think of everything stereotypical about an emo(even down to slitting) and then think what is there to be proud of?(You may say not all emos slit, but as the stereotype goes it must be said, the same is said with chavs and all having short hair{even if it isn't always true}, so yeah)
Comfort you say. I don't see anything comfortable about wearing a jacket like that in what is to be the hottest summer for many many years, care to say how it'll be comfortable? Because I know he won't be comfortable, no matter what he may say.
About the cutting of wrists, you say "not all emos slit" yet it's one of the main attributes to the stereotype of the emo. Just like a main attribute of a chav is that they all seek ASBOs.

Glitter
30-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Being proud of being an emo? What's there to be proud of? Go on, think of everything stereotypical about an emo(even down to slitting) and then think what is there to be proud of?(You may say not all emos slit, but as the stereotype goes it must be said, the same is said with chavs and all having short hair{even if it isn't always true}, so yeah)
Comfort you say. I don't see anything comfortable about wearing a jacket like that in what is to be the hottest summer for many many years, care to say how it'll be comfortable? Because I know he won't be comfortable, no matter what he may say.
About the cutting of wrists, you say "not all emos slit" yet it's one of the main attributes to the stereotype of the emo. Just like a main attribute of a chav is that they all seek ASBOs.

If that is who he is I see no problem with him being proud of it. Just because you don't like the idea of being emo it doesn't mean others shouldn't be comfortable with who they are, because, lets be honest; who the hell really cares what you think? You're just some random person off a Forum, as you said earlier.
Comfortable, yes, that's what I said. He's comfortable with what he is wearing, he's comfortable with himself. It may not be your idea of comfortable but to others it may well be comfortable so it's totally wrong of you to say "oh but it's hardly comfortable blah blah". Just because it's not what you'd wear it doesn't mean you should pass nasty comments about other people who do choose to wear it.
About the stereotyping thing - yes, the main attribute of the stereotype of a chav is that they all have ASBOs etc. However, they don't. It's a stereotype and therefore is a very generalised comment which on the whole, is not true; so there is no way you can make that assumption in the same way I am sure he wouldn't make the assumption chavs all have ASBOs even though he probably doesn't like them.

Tbh
30-04-2007, 07:42 PM

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2686/img0003aww4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8374/img0004ain1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1521/hihihsdgdgdga7.png (http://imageshack.us)

Tbh its probs just a copy... ive seen loads of these and if it was licensed by them it would be on their site..

asher_
30-04-2007, 07:45 PM
when i'm older i wanna be at the parade!

Chickenblob
30-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Kerrang! or Scuzz or some channel have a competition to win one of those that was worn by Gerard Way.

In my opinion I wouldn't really want to wear that around town but its your decision really.

English
30-04-2007, 08:16 PM
If that is who he is I see no problem with him being proud of it. Just because you don't like the idea of being emo it doesn't mean others shouldn't be comfortable with who they are, because, lets be honest; who the hell really cares what you think? You're just some random person off a Forum, as you said earlier.
Comfortable, yes, that's what I said. He's comfortable with what he is wearing, he's comfortable with himself. It may not be your idea of comfortable but to others it may well be comfortable so it's totally wrong of you to say "oh but it's hardly comfortable blah blah". Just because it's not what you'd wear it doesn't mean you should pass nasty comments about other people who do choose to wear it.
About the stereotyping thing - yes, the main attribute of the stereotype of a chav is that they all have ASBOs etc. However, they don't. It's a stereotype and therefore is a very generalised comment which on the whole, is not true; so there is no way you can make that assumption in the same way I am sure he wouldn't make the assumption chavs all have ASBOs even though he probably doesn't like them.

But the thing is, it's not just me. It's a majority of people who don't really like emos or that piece of clothing. With it being comfortable, you're getting the wrong idea. I've stated how it's been about summer and the temperature and how hot it will be, and how much hotter it'll be with wearing a jacket like that. So therefore, it's not wrong of me to say "oh but it's hardly comfortable blah blah" because again, no matter what he says, with the heat and that type of jacket it is bound to cause him a huge amount of discomfort. Therefore not being comfortable. I don't quite think it's right for you to assume what he thinks, because he may now say that to make me look wrong or put him in a bad position. If he thinks all chavs have ASBOs then fair enough, but if you're going to assume that he doesn't then that's putting him in a position he may not want to be, because you are sticking up for him & you may be wrong on that part.

edible
30-04-2007, 08:39 PM
In my opinion I dislike the jacket, but if you like it, that's the most important thing at the end of the day.

so, whatever floats ya boat.
and also, I hate stereotyping honestly.

Crimson
30-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm not a fan of it. But if you like it alot then thats cool! Try get the one, which the actual main guy wears! D:

summer
30-04-2007, 09:22 PM
my mate has one of them that he wears with black skinnies.

he looks like a ****.

-Soph-
30-04-2007, 11:24 PM
that is the biggest screb jacket ever.

if i saw someone in my town wearing one of them i would proper laugh.

i'm sorry but I agree ;)

Virgin Mary
01-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Wear what you want, if you like it buy it. I don't think it's "emo" though, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29 just looks camp to me.

Nixt
01-05-2007, 10:50 AM
But the thing is, it's not just me. It's a majority of people who don't really like emos or that piece of clothing. With it being comfortable, you're getting the wrong idea. I've stated how it's been about summer and the temperature and how hot it will be, and how much hotter it'll be with wearing a jacket like that. So therefore, it's not wrong of me to say "oh but it's hardly comfortable blah blah" because again, no matter what he says, with the heat and that type of jacket it is bound to cause him a huge amount of discomfort. Therefore not being comfortable. I don't quite think it's right for you to assume what he thinks, because he may now say that to make me look wrong or put him in a bad position. If he thinks all chavs have ASBOs then fair enough, but if you're going to assume that he doesn't then that's putting him in a position he may not want to be, because you are sticking up for him & you may be wrong on that part.

Oh and so the majority of people in the UK are white it means you make snide comments about those who are black or asian? It doesn't matter that the majority of people don't like what he likes, what matters is that it's what he wants and comments like "wear your skanky jacket with cut wrists" aren't going to change that.
About the comfortable thing, different people find different things comfortable. Just because you might be hot in the jacket it doesn't mean he will be - some people walk around in t-shirts in the winter when I am in a thick jumper and I wonder why they aren't cold; but they're not, because the cold doesn't affect them as much as it does me. In the same way, he might not feel the heat as others do. Even if he is hot, if he wants to wear the jacket who are you to say it's "skanky", it's what he likes and that's all that matters imo.
As for the stereotyping thing: Okay, maybe it was wrong for her to assume that he didn't think that but it still comes down to the fact that it's still a stereotype and is therefore probably untrue and unfair.

Aces
01-05-2007, 02:19 PM
personally, i woulldnt wear it. :rolleyes:
But if you like it, then go ahead :)

foamy
01-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh god, look what i'v started! Anyway about the 'its summer would you wear black'thing, i go to alot of late night concerts and stuff so i wear it then. Trust me i'v seen alot worse.

Oh also although liscensed by them there is no 'official' copy but this is EXACTLY the same and it does for me :)

You can also get the guitarists jacket in silver.

www.EBTM.com

edible
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
it's hot at night in the summer sometimes?!

foamy
01-05-2007, 04:31 PM
inside?

English
01-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh and so the majority of people in the UK are white it means you make snide comments about those who are black or asian? It doesn't matter that the majority of people don't like what he likes, what matters is that it's what he wants and comments like "wear your skanky jacket with cut wrists" aren't going to change that.
About the comfortable thing, different people find different things comfortable. Just because you might be hot in the jacket it doesn't mean he will be - some people walk around in t-shirts in the winter when I am in a thick jumper and I wonder why they aren't cold; but they're not, because the cold doesn't affect them as much as it does me. In the same way, he might not feel the heat as others do. Even if he is hot, if he wants to wear the jacket who are you to say it's "skanky", it's what he likes and that's all that matters imo.
As for the stereotyping thing: Okay, maybe it was wrong for her to assume that he didn't think that but it still comes down to the fact that it's still a stereotype and is therefore probably untrue and unfair.
Taking the **** out of someone for what they wear and taking the **** out of them because they claim to be, and are emo and being racist are 2 totally different things. Both are of different context and I don't see how you can compare them. I can have my opinion about his jacket/his lifestyle just like he has his own and like he has about other lifestyles. About how "he may not be hot in the jacket", well that is stupid. For one this is going to be the hottest summer in a few centuries(I think that's right) and so he will be hot, whether you defend him or not. Ofcourse he'll be hot, it's science. The temperatures will be soaring so he will be hot, it's not about personal preference there.

Nixt
01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Taking the **** out of someone for what they wear and taking the **** out of them because they claim to be, and are emo and being racist are 2 totally different things. Both are of different context and I don't see how you can compare them. I can have my opinion about his jacket/his lifestyle just like he has his own and like he has about other lifestyles. About how "he may not be hot in the jacket", well that is stupid. For one this is going to be the hottest summer in a few centuries(I think that's right) and so he will be hot, whether you defend him or not. Ofcourse he'll be hot, it's science. The temperatures will be soaring so he will be hot, it's not about personal preference there.

They're not that different; in both cases you are being unfair to someone because of who they are, which isn't a very nice attribute :). I am not saying you can't have your opinion about his lifestyle and I don't think I ever said you can't, I may have suggested however that you might want to be a little, or perhaps a lot more tactful when you express these opinions - everyone is entitled to an opinion but there is no need to be rude and you must also accept other people's opinions.
Okay he'll probably be hot (however some people wouldn't be, some people aren't as affected by the hot, even if it is extreme, as others; that is also science), but if that's what he wants to wear and if that is what he is comfortable with wearing then as I have said, you have absolutely no right to be rude. By all means, express your opinion but keep your snide comments to yourself.

3d
01-05-2007, 06:11 PM
no offence and dont take it seriously but that is absolute horrible

Papershop
02-05-2007, 12:49 PM
If you like it, then thats all that matters.

And plus the stripes are longer on the original

samsaBEAR
02-05-2007, 07:37 PM
dont wanna start another argument, but you do know that if you label yourself as emo you are technically a scene.
but yeh, i wouldnt wear the jacket unless it was like some party or somethign

asher_
02-05-2007, 10:18 PM
also: it tends to be the guys with the long dyed black fringes over their faces, looking practically emaciated wearing skinny jeans, and pretend they are bi-sexual... who wear those jackets.

now, i'm sure you wouldn't want to be put into that box!

Roboevil
02-05-2007, 10:44 PM
I think those jackets are cool, if I saw someone wearing it I'd immediately pin-point them as being cool. I wouldn't personally wear one as my Emo fashion doesn't stretch that far. Oh, whoever said it's impossible to be Emo because there's no such thing is an idiot. The phrase "Emo" has been adopted from the music trend, emotional punk or whatever it is and is accepted as another clique now.

I have no problem with anyone being part of a clique as long as they're not affecting anyone else negatively (i.e I hate chavs- more so than the average person as my high school was full of 'em). I also dislike when someone is part of a trend because of peer pressure. That annoys me because the way I see it, people should be a little more strong minded and think for themselves.

Lemme Jus Saii, This Is My Opinion [&&] Everythin,,
But I Tiink They Are Disguistin .. Lmao

xox

Lol, you sound so dumb.

asher_
02-05-2007, 11:31 PM
calling someone an idiot for stating the truth... pretty harsh. as you said the term emo derived from a genre of music, therefore you can't be emo. you can follow a scene that's currently in, but it doesn't make you emo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!