PDA

View Full Version : Habbo-Works.com closed down by sulake.

Portish1
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I am not sure about this, but this is what I have been informed by other habbos. (if this is not true please close this thread)

Aparently the Official Habbo UK Habbo Fansite www.Habbo-Works.com (http://www.Habbo-Works.com) has been closed down by sulake as sulake think that they are using a retro on their user-system (The Habbo-Works.com UserSystem thing they had).

After reading this on another Habbo forum I did not really belive until I visited their website and noticed it was banned.

Comments?

lScottl
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Hopefully ClubHabbo will get shut down also.

today
02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
could mean anything..

Earthquake
Well thats a load of bull, their still official, they must forgot to pay bill/decided to close.

quagmire
ul and odea.

SkaterChu
02-05-2007, 05:35 PM

I'm afraid we don't host anything which breaches copyright, so sorry.

RICHe
02-05-2007, 05:36 PM
If sulake shut them down..

shouldnt they be removed off offical fansite list.

Robby
Lol ive never trusted that site, I dunno why

Pyroka
Oh dear, silly people. I know a few other quite big sites who have retros in their servers; silly people indeed.

dannyisnotamazing
02-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Maybe they just didn't pay there bill and everyone made rumours up, lol? :P

-- If it is true nice find. :]

today
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
can i say maybe its not shut down just have issues with hosting god. "/

i dont like the site myself but stop jumping down people's head, you've got no proof. Oh wow it says suspended, you get that when you dont pay, have problems ect.

quagmire
02-05-2007, 05:53 PM
yh this forum has a thing about seeing an official habbo fansite down or something.

and they just haven't paid for it.

!!HM!!
02-05-2007, 05:59 PM
can i say maybe its not shut down just have issues with hosting god. "/

i dont like the site myself but stop jumping down people's head, you've got no proof. Oh wow it says suspended, you get that when you dont pay, have problems ect.
I agree with Bruised appart the bit sayingyou don't like our site :(

I think you should all stop making rumours as your all really bad it you know?

Black_Apalachi
02-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Aww I used to go on HW a lot and I know a lot of the managment :(.

!!HM!!
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Aww I used to go on HW a lot and I know a lot of the managment :(.

well Prtscn then you also know we would never put a retro on our site.

Portish1
02-05-2007, 06:26 PM
One of your site managment members have informed me that it is true that u guys where shut down by sulake, said that he thought it was because they went on the usersystem and thought it was similar to a retro hotel and habbo closed it down.

Urm, am I making up stuff?

I was not going to said he told me but once u say im talking lots of crap I decided too prove it.

!!HM!!
02-05-2007, 06:30 PM
One of your site managment members have informed me that it is true that u guys where shut down by sulake, said that he thought it was because they went on the usersystem and thought it was similar to a retro hotel and habbo closed it down.

Urm, am I making up stuff?

I was not going to said he told me but once u say im talking lots of crap I decided too prove it.
first of all, there 3 Habbo's in our Managment team, 1 is offline, me and Tleftye would never say something like that.
So you must of got it off one of our lower rank staff.
As far as i know we don't really send a mail to all our staff saying what happened, so still a rumour? Correct me if i'm wrong Tleftye.

MrCorny
02-05-2007, 06:33 PM

Lol nice going ryan :P

Black_Apalachi
02-05-2007, 08:55 PM
well Prtscn then you also know we would never put a retro on our site.

Yeah Jas, I do :).

@xP
02-05-2007, 08:59 PM

Why

And do sulake have any proof that a retro was on the website?

Also nice find :)

Shawnstra
03-05-2007, 07:53 AM
I find its stupid. Its not even a retro, its just a user system that looks likes Habbo, and they've added a disclaimer there saying that it has NOTHING to do with Habbo.

DJ-Vimto
03-05-2007, 08:52 AM
thats not the point.

if their user system looks like the habbo client, then that can come under copyright infringement, whether there is a disclaimer or not

Baving
03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
The staff obviously went on it to begin with to check the suitability to make it official. If it was due to copyright infringement it will most likely not have been the UK Office, but HQ in Helsinki.

Ekalb
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
thats not the point.

if their user system looks like the habbo client, then that can come under copyright infringement, whether there is a disclaimer or not

Using habbo images is deemed acceptable by the T/C as long as you don't use them for your own profit or something along those lines. There is an exception to the rule which disallows retros though.

X:RiX:X
03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I really liked that user-system, one of the best on habbo fansites. =[

Simon
03-05-2007, 12:10 PM
After all of your arguements, Someone answer me :

Is this fansite official or not?

ahenthorn
03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
im not really into radio sites and stuff but ok :D

Diesel
06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
LOL

1. Yes it is Offcial
2. YES, sulake did contact there host asking them to suspend the site, because they thought it was a Retro. But after further investigation they found it was not not :eusa_clap

And that's exactly what Tletyfe said :eusa_danc

CrazyColaist
06-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Tletyfe should get something from sulake then :S + He could get sulake sued for closeing hes website. for no reason.

Dom¿
06-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Seriously all of you! STHU! you know nothing, they wernt shut down cos im on the site now you ignorant phools! they where suspended! that means there is a problem with their hosting! E.G havnt payed bill, or there was an error in their hosting account dont go making shizzel up if you dont know the truth!

Black_Apalachi
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
thats not the point.

Loads of fansites have similar things to Habbo such as the client. I forget the exact name... bobbanet.com? Well that whole website is based on the Habbo client.

Tletyfe should get something from sulake then :S + He could get sulake sued for closeing hes website. for no reason.

Hmmm..... Tleftye did win the comic competition. Suspicious :P.

Oj, wd Mr. T :8

CrazyColaist
06-05-2007, 07:21 PM
I know but i would get sulake sued for that.

GommeInc
06-05-2007, 07:35 PM
thats not the point.

Key words: Look Like

Doesn't come under copyright. If it was, then it would be.

le harry
07-05-2007, 01:07 AM
hang on, what is there user system?

Black_Apalachi
07-05-2007, 10:12 AM
hang on, what is there user system?

When I used to use it, it had a catalogue (but not exactly the same as Habbo) and it had a chatroom area where you just talk like MSN. You could also collect credits and badges from competitions etc.

It was quite cool - and I was loaded on it! :D

Lozzoling
07-05-2007, 01:07 PM

You do plageurise alot though.

lScottl
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Nah just a few buttons off one site, and a few badges off another, oh and some fansite ribbons off another site :rolleyes:

Diesel
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Seriously all of you! STHU! you know nothing, they wernt shut down cos im on the site now you ignorant phools! they where suspended! that means there is a problem with their hosting! E.G havnt payed bill, or there was an error in their hosting account dont go making shizzel up if you dont know the truth!

Ignorant Phools? ;l

Yes, by 'shut down' there were suspended because sulake suspected they were hosting a retro.
Not because they don't pay the bill.

Get your facts right m8.

Liz♥
08-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Loads of fansites have similar things to Habbo such as the client. I forget the exact name... bobbanet.com? Well that whole website is based on the Habbo client.

Hmmm..... Tleftye did win the comic competition. Suspicious :P.

Oj, wd Mr. T :8

Yes, bobbanet.co.uk has something very similar to habbo-works and that used to be owned by Sulake staff and I doubt that's breaching copyright but I'm not entirely sure about the login system.

I'm 100% sure Tom wasn't breaching the copyright agreement as it was hardly similar to Habbo, just the login system and that's it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!