PDA

View Full Version : RuneScape reaches one million members!

Fanmalita
04-05-2007, 05:10 PM
It's true... RuneScape has surpassed the Million Member milestone!!!

It has been amazing to witness the growth of such a diverse and varied community of people. To have over a million individuals enjoying the members' games for all kinds of different reasons is both hugely humbling and gratifying. It tells us our efforts are appreciated and we have you, the players, to thank for your support.

We are exicited by the challange to continue to develop the game so it simply becomes better and better. Five years on and we are more passionate about RuneScape than ever. We've come a really long way and whether you've been with us from the very start, or if you're fairly new, the incredible impact you have all had has helped shape the game into what you see today.

As the world of RuneScape has grown, so has our desire to make it an even bigger, better and more entertaining experience. We are always looking to bring fresh new ideas to the game, and RuneScape's development continues at full swing. We already have some very exciting development plans for 2007 and beyond!

Thanks again for your support. Here's to the future and the many adventures still to come!

Andrew, Paul, Constant and the whole team

lick me
04-05-2007, 05:10 PM
I thought that would've been passed ages ago :S

Habbo has like 3 million registered users.

Matty
04-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure, but I think it means members, like the runescape Habbo Club. Not sure.

Fanmalita
04-05-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure, but I think it means members, like the runescape Habbo Club. Not sure.
it does,
They reach a million registered users ages ago, this is to mark them reaching a million paying members.

lick me
04-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Ohh right, my bad. Sorry :}

ownedpls
04-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I thought that would've been passed ages ago :S

Habbo has like 3 million registered users.
Init, but members is a toatly different thing. Thats wicked WD

Titch
04-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Taken directly from forums on www.runescape.com (http://www.runescape.com)

"http://www.runescape.com/img/forum/crown_gold.gif Mod Kinder
Jagex Mod

04-May-2007 17:55:20
"I'm assuming that's members, I'm sure there's been well over a million accounts actually created"

It does indeed refer to Members and does not include free-to-play http://www.runescape.com/img/blk.gif

ownedpls
04-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Taken directly from forums on www.runescape.com (http://www.runescape.com)

"http://www.runescape.com/img/forum/crown_gold.gif Mod Kinder
Jagex Mod

04-May-2007 17:55:20
"I'm assuming that's members, I'm sure there's been well over a million accounts actually created"

It does indeed refer to Members and does not include free-to-play http://www.runescape.com/img/blk.gif
Gonna say lol

Scott™
04-05-2007, 05:51 PM
lol rather interesting find ;)

Ashley 12344
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Shows you how much they make.
Over £3million a month, for hosting a poorly designed game :P

ownedpls
04-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Lol but so addictive :P

Scott™
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Lmao and a half >_>

Cwmbran
04-05-2007, 09:07 PM
It's true... RuneScape has surpassed the Million Member milestone!!!

It has been amazing to witness the growth of such a diverse and varied community of people. To have over a million individuals enjoying the members' games for all kinds of different reasons is both hugely humbling and gratifying. It tells us our efforts are appreciated and we have you, the players, to thank for your support.

We are exicited by the challange to continue to develop the game so it simply becomes better and better. Five years on and we are more passionate about RuneScape than ever. We've come a really long way and whether you've been with us from the very start, or if you're fairly new, the incredible impact you have all had has helped shape the game into what you see today.

As the world of RuneScape has grown, so has our desire to make it an even bigger, better and more entertaining experience. We are always looking to bring fresh new ideas to the game, and RuneScape's development continues at full swing. We already have some very exciting development plans for 2007 and beyond!

Thanks again for your support. Here's to the future and the many adventures still to come!

Andrew, Paul, Constant and the whole team

Does the 1millionth member get a month free or something?

Mitch4?
04-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Poorly designed game, but with the properties that make it what it is. So technically it's not poorly designed if it keeps you hooked.

cocaine
04-05-2007, 09:55 PM
wd for them.. i guess.

Neil
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM

It's very well designed actually, it looks bad, everyone says the graphics are rubbish, well lets look at the most obvious reason, IT'S AN MMORPG ON A BROWSER did you expect xbox 360 graphics when you signed up? They do more than host the game aswell :S they spend hours a day coding, writing and drawing all the things needed so you can sit there for a few hours playing it they deserve £3mil a month for the job they're doing

deagle
04-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Loading time is pretty fast too. Good for a browser game.

Considering the amounts of pures, it should be around 800k members. Also uncludes the people who bought massive amounts of members and stopped playing.

Fanmalita
04-05-2007, 11:58 PM
It's very well designed actually, it looks bad, everyone says the graphics are rubbish, well lets look at the most obvious reason, IT'S AN MMORPG ON A BROWSER did you expect xbox 360 graphics when you signed up? They do more than host the game aswell :S they spend hours a day coding, writing and drawing all the things needed so you can sit there for a few hours playing it they deserve £3mil a month for the job they're doing
You're so right!
they really do deserve every penny because they work really hard.
and I think the graphics are great.

Scott™
05-05-2007, 10:52 AM
The graphics are crap but other than that its alright. ;)

T0M
05-05-2007, 01:07 PM
The graphics are crap but other than that its alright. ;)

Yea but they are working on graphics to eb fair to them, updating monsters and things,

Good on em for getting the million paying people

efq
20-05-2007, 08:47 PM
i just rly loled at habbo 70+million users
and then runescape 1mil lirl

Aflux
20-05-2007, 09:01 PM
They got more than that surely...

They have 80,000+ on at non-peak times and it's been going for some time.

VPSwow
20-05-2007, 09:06 PM
WoW they are so rich

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!