PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on possible portfolio layout

timROGERS
06-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I've been doing a bit of work on a possible portfolio layout this afternoon, and I'd like your opinion on it, so I can try to make it better. What would you add or change? What would you remove? What do you like an dislike?

http://www.lolz.co.uk/pf

Agnostic Bear
06-05-2007, 04:29 PM
@The main link bits (home, proj's etc): No, they're ugly as hell, make them curved or something

@Mouseover: No, expands the site (Bad)

Other than that, _very_ nice =)

timROGERS
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
@The main link bits (home, proj's etc): No, they're ugly as hell, make them curved or something

@Mouseover: No, expands the site (Bad)

Other than that, _very_ nice =)

I did orginally have curves, but I was having trouble getting them to look right when I cut the tops of the buttons off.

Why is the mouseover expansion bad?

Mentor
06-05-2007, 06:29 PM
The links bit looks a littl dodgy, to square which doesnt fit with the otherwize quite proffessional looking aestetic of the site. The rollover image also looks a bit odd and would probably best being cut out, its a usless feature which looks a bit tacky really.

redtom
06-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Hmmm, it's a tricky one don't know if I love it or if I hate it, try;

Changing the top to a white/grey with a patten of thinkish lines on it fading downwards if you get what I mean, then you would have to change the blue to some other colour to make it look right, after that just round of the buttons at the bottom.

Splinter
06-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Great design concept.. but I dont really like the colour scheme.

ScottDiamond
06-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Can you upload a screenshot? Website wont load.

Mr.Sam
06-05-2007, 08:13 PM
i like the colour scheme and the concept of it - however like others said i think the links need changing and i'm not keen on the expanding part.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!