PDA

View Full Version : Server Performance

---MAD---
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
The server should be better now. I have made a few tweaks here. I have raised the server load to 8.00. This should mean you won't get it as often now as long as the server load isn't very high. If it is still high, I will have to lower it back to 5.00. If the server returns to normality, I will raise it further to 10.00 meaning you should barely ever get it unless the server starts acting up again ;).

We are very sorry for this inconvince, I understand how annoying it is to keep having to refresh to be able to read or reply to a thread :).

Thanks
MAD

---MAD---
09-05-2007, 01:22 PM
We have just paid for a new server which will hopefully sort all our performance issues. We will be moving to that server within the next few days.

Please note that at the bottom of the forum, in the footer, I have added "P4 Server". This is so people know which server they are on once we change DNS. We hope to set it up so that even if you are on the old server, you can still see new posts etc made on the new server ;). On the new server it will say "Xeon Server" instead :).

Just a sumary of that second paragraph:
- People can access both servers once we move (depending how fast their cache is updated, they will either see the new server or will still be on the old server).
- Either way, everyone will use the most updated db which will be on the new server.
- This means if a post is made on the old or new server, everyone will see the posts made.

Thanks for your patience in these rough periods of time.

MAD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!