PDA

View Full Version : Dtabase argument

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Right I worked on HabboHex for a while now. Blad3r provided the domain , hostin and vbulletin and said I could have title as owner.
I done everyything on the forum from usergoups to forums to plugins to skins - EVERYTHING.

I resigned today and copied the database to my co-owners forum - www.hchabbo.net/forum (http://www.hchabbo.net/forum) . Now blad3r is saying hes selling the databse and I cant use it on hchabbo.

He says aswell It doesnt matter cause it was HIS forum even the he did nothong on it - that it must be his decision.

He also says he isnt selling plugins , skins or things jus the database. This is complete *** because when I installed the backup on hchabbo.net it saved the skins , plugins and everything..

So who is right?
Can he sell it without my permsiions and can I use it on my forum?

+REP TO HELP

IF THIS SHOULD BE IN FORUM DESIGNING THEN SORRY PLEASE MOVE

jarhead!
07-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Right I worked on HabboHex for a while now. Blad3r provided the domain , hostin and vbulletin and said I could have title as owner.
I done everyything on the forum from usergoups to forums to plugins to skins - EVERYTHING.

I resigned today and copied the database to my co-owners forum - www.hchabbo.net/forum (http://www.hchabbo.net/forum) . Now blad3r is saying hes selling the databse and I cant use it on hchabbo.

He says aswell It doesnt matter cause it was HIS forum even the he did nothong on it - that it must be his decision.

He also says he isnt selling plugins , skins or things jus the database. This is complete *** because when I installed the backup on hchabbo.net it saved the skins , plugins and everything..

So who is right?
Can he sell it without my permsiions and can I use it on my forum?

+REP TO HELP

IF THIS SHOULD BE IN FORUM DESIGNING THEN SORRY PLEASE MOVE
Your the owner of the Database.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Some1 on msn said cause it was his hosting its his :'(
So 1-1 so far
anymore help please

jarhead!
07-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Some1 on msn said cause it was his hosting its his :'(
So 1-1 so far
anymore help please
There wrong,

you built the forum, done EVERYTHING So its yours.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Can anyone else enlighten this situation

RNelson
07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
How about you both stop acting 10 and either both use the database or both don't end of!

Recursion
07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
I'd speak to him calmly about it and come up with an agreement :/

Like with w00tage.info - someone called Dan wanted to fire me. I had built the forum from vbulletin install all the way to skin, users, plugins etc... then this 'Dan' just waltz's in and fires me for not being active, I mean *** lol

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I tried too but hes mad and tbh so am I
I said you can seel it w/e aslong as I can use it and he said he would sue my *** off
I doubt he can sue a 13 yr teen

Invent
07-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Doesn't matter who uses it.

No-one can do anything to stop each other from using it/selling it, as basically you are both to young to do anything.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Doesn't matter who uses it.

No-one can do anything to stop each other from using it/selling it, as basically you are both to young to do anything.
He is not QUITE 18 but in a few months that answer will change

I hope he replys :|

Yoshimitsui
07-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I suppose you can both rightly hold a part of the database, but he remains the owner and the decisions are his.

Cixso
07-05-2007, 05:29 PM
GET IT OFF BEFORE I TAKE LEGAL ACTION.

You worked for me, you agreed so. All content copyright to Habbohex and its owner, which I am the owner. I own the Forum, Database, Hosting, Domain. It is all mine, you worked for me jake. None of it was/is yours.

remove it from hchabbo.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:33 PM

You worked for me, you agreed so. All content copyright to Habbohex and its owner, which I am the owner. I own the Forum, Database, Hosting, Domain. It is all mine, you worked for me jake. None of it was/is yours.

remove it from hchabbo.
you cant tak legal action I am too young

Mentor
07-05-2007, 05:35 PM

remove it from hchabbo.

You have a signed legally binding contract i take it? If not you cant do **** so stop wineing like an 8 year old and grow up.
The disclaimer built in to VB by defult means you have already agreed any comments and data posted on the forum are still owned by the orignal posters so you have no right of the DB, the internal structures and tools remain the property of Vbulliten itself. Mods/hacks and plugins are also retained by the respective creators.
You have no more right to the Database than he does.
What you own is a hosting packages, domain and a license allowing you to use a copy of the Vbulliten forum software, and any mods/hacks/plugs or skins you may have personaly payed for and purchased.
The creator of any hack/mod/skin or plugin retains copyrighted ownership of it.

Cixso
07-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Your the owner of the Database.

There wrong,

you built the forum, done EVERYTHING So its yours.

lol. just lol.

Thats like saying, you work for a windows company, you install the windows, woah, so the windows are the installations? no? because they work for a company, its the companies windows... and the client buys them

see where i am getting at here?

Mentor
07-05-2007, 05:38 PM
lol. just lol.

Thats like saying, you work for a windows company, you install the windows, woah, so the windows are the installations? no? because they work for a company, its the companies windows... and the client buys them

see where i am getting at here?
You have a legal contract or empolyment and pay him a wage now do you? If you have no contract, he does not work for you, anything he creates is his under the law.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:40 PM
see danny u cant sue me cause ur underage
U did no contract therefore its mine as much as yours

Cixso
07-05-2007, 05:41 PM
You have a signed legally binding contract i take it? If not you cant do **** so stop wineing like an 8 year old and grow up.
The disclaimer built in to VB by defult means you have already agreed any comments and data posted on the forum are still owned by the orignal posters so you have no right of the DB, the internal structures and tools remain the property of Vbulliten itself. Mods/hacks and plugins are also retained by the respective creators.
You have no more right to the Database than he does.
What you own is a hosting packages, domain and a license allowing you to use a copy of the Vbulliten forum software, and any mods/hacks/plugs or skins you may have personaly payed for and purchased.
The creator of any hack/mod/skin or plugin retains copyrighted ownership of it.

Not taking the skins, not taking the image files, mod files ect., only the database.

I have every right to sell the database. The database is mine. I created the database my self, therefor copyright to my self.

Cixso
07-05-2007, 05:42 PM
You have a legal contract or empolyment and pay him a wage now do you? If you have no contract, he does not work for you, anything he creates is his under the law.

Copyright to my self.

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post, thanks :).

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:42 PM
I made a seperate copy of the databse
If you downloaded it via admincp it transfers skins ,plugins EVERYTHING

I still made EVERYTHING regardless
and u did no contract

Mentor
07-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Not taking the skins, not taking the image files, mod files ect., only the database.

I have every right to sell the database. The database is mine. I created the database my self, therefor copyright to my self.

No, the Vbullietn forum software generated the database. If he legally obtained a copy he legally owns that copy. Now law has been broken and copyright isnt applicable on such items.
If you own a printer, that doesnt mean you own everything people print out on that printer.

Cixso
07-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I made a seperate copy of the databse
If you downloaded it via admincp it transfers skins ,plugins EVERYTHING

I still made EVERYTHING regardless
and u did no contract

No contract no, but i copyright it to my self.

Also, did the backup through cPanel.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
No, the Vbullietn forum software generated the database. If he legally obtained a copy he legally owns that copy. Now law has been broken and copyright isnt applicable on such items.
owned u danny
It isnt same copy ugot
Idid it and therefore its mine
Oh and also
The other 4 admins have at least 1 copy of the database from dif times.
Andy has 1 from each day for 2weeks pmsl

Cixso
07-05-2007, 05:47 PM

No, I created the database, therefor it is copyright to me.

He can have the contents of the databse :) But how will he get the contents out without using my copyrighted database?

I dont give him permission to use my database in any shape or form, no matter what contents are in :)

Also jake, youll be surprised what admins reported you ;)

Splinter
07-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh my ******* god stop being a bunch of ******s and grow up. No one can sue anyone, all this is is a petty little argument. If you havent set out rights to the work then its the property of the creator. Simple really.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I made th database copy 1st
I have loads of copy of the forum only from admincp
It isnt copyrighted
even if it was u cant do anything cause were too young
Concerning habbohex lamo at you :

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8112/lmaooooxz7.png

I know what admins reported me or so call 1 u say
James [really damie] and matt

Splinter
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Why not just take a back up of the forum and provide him with all of the administational material such as ranks etc...

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:52 PM
I have the backup and so do I
I have it cause all the staff left habbohex and followed me.
Also all my posts skins and EVERYTHING incl perms I done.
You did jack all so its more mine than yours in myopnion.
U cnt sue me so both use it

Mentor
07-05-2007, 05:53 PM
No, I created the database, therefor it is copyright to me.
You hand wrote the SQL tables now did you o.0

He can have the contents of the databse :) But how will he get the contents out without using my copyrighted database?
Well at the moment, he has a database backup, which is stored in a different format to the database, like a text document holding a word documents contents. So hes already done that part.
Go open up an SQL backup, its just a load of querys that will be added to a new database when run.

I dont give him permission to use my database in any shape or form, no matter what contents are in :)
Vbullitens database on that logic, you only have a licence to use it, legally it still belongs to them. They make sure everything contractually theres to avoid these kind of issues.
But then again, the creator of data owns copyright, if i post a comment on your forum, it goes in your db, but is still legally owned by me. Its my comment.
An SQL database is just a container for data, data you cant realisticly own simply by being the host. Unless a legal agreement states otherwize, if i upload an image to imageshack, i still own that image, even though its on there servers and was created by there software. Since its a copy of the data, not the orignal which still remains on my HDD

If you really desperte to sue, put up to few grand it willl cost, go ahead, it'll probably be thrown out of caught and you'll get charged the cost of the time you wasted, but hey, its your money.

Cixso
07-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh my ******* god stop being a bunch of ******s and grow up. No one can sue anyone, all this is is a petty little argument. If you havent set out rights to the work then its the property of the creator. Simple really.

Exactly, I created the database.

I am the creator. Jake put more input into the database, he didnt create the database, i did. So its mine, also jake, it is copyrighted to me.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Well at the moment, he has a database backup, which is stored in a different format to the database, like a text document holding a word documents contents. So hes already done that part.
Go open up an SQL backup, its just a load of querys that will be added to a new database when run.

Vbullitens database on that logic, you only have a licence to use it, legally it still belongs to them. They make sure everything contractually theres to avoid these kind of issues.
But then again, the creator of data owns copyright, if i post a comment on your forum, it goes in your db, but is still legally owned by me. Its my comment.
An SQL database is just a container for data, data you cant realisticly own simply by being the host. Unless a legal agreement states otherwize, if i upload an image to imageshack, i still own that image, even though its on there servers and was created by there software. Since its a copy of the data, not the orignal which still remains on my HDD
Yeah we can both use it then I am ok witht that even

Aflux
07-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, this is mature.

Delete the database, argument sorted.

Cixso
07-05-2007, 05:57 PM

I created the database in cpanel? The quires, tables are the contents..

Also, the forum is ran from my database i created, which i said he doesnt have permission to have, therefor he cant use, downlaod, nothing to do with my database. He can not acces the contents of my database if he wasnt veiwing it, which he was, and i said theres no permission for him to do that.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, this is mature.

Delete the database, argument sorted.
No I need that database - I put effort in
He didnt show any copyrights nor does he have any
I hav that dtaabase just as uch as he hass his copy

DANNY U NEVER TOLD ME ANYTHING!
ITS NOT COPYRIGHTED. IN FACT U TOLD ME TO MAKE DATABASE BACKUPS AFTER MY ADMIN WAS HACKED AND U DIDNT EVEN SAY THEN THEY ARE COPYRIGHTED

I AM USING IT I WON THE ARGUEMENT U CANT SUE ME END OF

Aflux
07-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I wish you'd put as much effort into your spelling and grammar as you did with that blummin' database.

Stop arguing, have a cuppa', maybe a bourbon and settle it like men, privately.

Stop wasting Hx's bandwidth and settle it over MSN or something.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I wish you'd put as much effort into your spelling and grammar as you did with that blummin' database.

I deleted him
he blocked me

Mentor
07-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Exactly, I created the database.

I am the creator. Jake put more input into the database, he didnt create the database, i did. So its mine, also jake, it is copyrighted to me.
No ones augrueng about who owns the database, the database is still on your server on your hosting.
All thats been downloaded is a backup of the Data IN that database, which nether of you own.
That data can be used to create a NEW database which will contain all the same data as the old one.

Hence your both free to use the backup data how you wish. And the database itself is irrelivent.

Cixso
07-05-2007, 06:01 PM

Ok I agree, I shall stop being childish.

Ok jake, use the database.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 06:02 PM

+rep
ty

Aflux
07-05-2007, 06:02 PM

Thank you.

Now Jake - close the thread?

ChampJames.
07-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Im glad this has been solved. Eventually.

jarhead!
07-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Im glad this has been solved. Eventually.
Danny is a complate idiot

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude to others. Thanks=]

Oni
07-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Id just like to point out copyright is automatic in the uk so whoever created what has rights to it.

Lycan
07-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Just so i can make my comment i forgot earlyier

its dannys

you were employed under him even fi it was freepay.

for example

System Database Manager at company resigns, he DOES NOT, take the server or a ghost of the information on the server with him.

The site , space are owned by danny. he holds copyright over them if claimed.

the database is even marked with Dannys forum VB details.

In all forms it is his... the fact that you think that you have full rights to it just shows how you don't understand how the world works

ChampJames.
07-05-2007, 06:07 PM
TBH I'm not going to get involved.

Cixso
07-05-2007, 06:08 PM
hmm, jake, pay me some money and ill sell it to you ;)

because now i have more advise, ill continue with this argument.

Lycan
07-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I guess you could say the fact you resigned then went into an area reserved for staff and copyied database information

that is owned by danny

you actually breached the Computer Misuse act.

Oni
07-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I guess you could say the fact you resigned then went into an area reserved for staff and copyied database information

that is owned by danny

you actually breached the Computer Misuse act.
But as mentor said they didnt sign an agreement so the rights belong to whoever created what???

Cixso
07-05-2007, 06:11 PM
But as mentor said they didnt sign an agreement so the rights belong to whoever created what???

the database, which was me?

Lycan
Not really.

If Danny owns the space. and pays the bills and owns the server its on... pretty sure in his own t&c it says remains property of him unless otherwise marked.

all my points are valid.

Example - if i hosted some of your work without an agreement and you hadn't marked it as your own and even if you had. would you let me get away with selling it on another site?

ChampJames.
You can do what you want. But the database is owned by HCHabbo, on HCHabbo's Forum and is being used by HCHabbo. You can't take legal action because you yourself, and jake are both minors in the eyes of the law.

Also, everything mentor said, theres no agreement etc.

PenguinFluid
07-05-2007, 06:12 PM
danny u sed i could use i so i am thread closed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!