PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 update here!

:Liam
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Its here :) May I say, WOW! It rocks! the market place has its own section, and the msn thing is here :) :o you cant use it if your account is registered as under 18 :( :(

Pixel
09-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I can't use msn either.. it's stupid you can use msn when your like 10 on the pc but to use it on the xbox you have to be 18. They should atleast put an option in the family settings that lets you use it if your under 18

09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Thats what I did, :P checked the family settings :( and it dont let ya :( Im gonna have to re-register for xbox live I think.

:Hazel
09-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Ah cool, mine should work :) I'll check it out later.

Pyroka
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Thats a shame, but no suprise really. I think in MSN's contract that was the main idea; it was for over 18's. I heard it was coming in ICT around 11/11:30.. Seems so.

Neil
09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
That's stupid...I was looking forward to being able to use MSN on it but now I have to wait another year =/

Pixel
09-05-2007, 11:53 AM
That's stupid...I was looking forward to being able to use MSN on it but now I have to wait another year =/

I think if you sign up before your 18, your account will always be a child one :(
My friend made his before he was 18, hes now 18 and still has family settings. I'll ask him if he can use msn on it once hes updated

Edit: I just checked the xbox forums and loads of people have the same problem
http://forums.xbox.com/1/12279073/ShowPost.aspx#12279073

Neil
09-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I think if you sign up before your 18, your account will always be a child one :(
My friend made his before he was 18, hes now 18 and still has family settings. I'll ask him if he can use msn on it once hes updated

Edit: I just checked the xbox forums and loads of people have the same problem
http://forums.xbox.com/1/12279073/ShowPost.aspx#12279073

Yea I checked them, guess I'll have to make an account that's 18..

09-05-2007, 02:10 PM
They're has to be a way to get round it :P Ill try and get some software to do it soon :)

Neil
09-05-2007, 04:24 PM
They're has to be a way to get round it :P Ill try and get some software to do it soon :)

There isn't, changing your D.O.B doesn't work, you just have to wait until MS decide to release a patch that lets anyone or a lower age access it

Jericho
09-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Hmmm.. I just made a new account. MSN is awesome.

And, *something i didnt know* You can get the advertisements on your dashboard like in the USA. You have to have a over 18 account =O

Msn is shmexi tho

GoldenMerc
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
I can't wait untill the new controller comes out

Bear-Max
09-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I like the update, but I'm really ****** off at the restrictions MS has put on the MSN compatibility. CHILD ACCOUNT? At SIXTEEN? Are you joking? I have a job, will be learning to drive next month, am able to play 18 rated games, pay via credit card for MS points, and can chat to complete strangers over Live, but I can't speak to my FRIENDS over MSN... a service I've been using for YEARS. It's pathetic.

Pyroka
09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm saying this out of pure fact now; Microsoft will make MSN available to lower ages. Here are my reasons why, based on a look-in from a business perspective & a user perspective at the same time:

- There are more members of Xbox Live are under 18 (student, college etc.)
- With the release of the new keyboard controller, they will take HUGE losses due to the fact they don't have a big audience (most will rig up a USB keyboard).
- Most households have MSN, and usually also have children on them making it almost pointless.
- Communication lines may decrease between the younger and older ages.

I guess thats all I can come up with, seeing the situation now anyway. They'll probably release a patch in the coming months (before the keyboard is released, no doubt), making it available to ALL users. :)

Josh-H
09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm saying this out of pure fact now; Microsoft will make MSN available to lower ages. Here are my reasons why, based on a look-in from a business perspective & a user perspective at the same time:

- There are more members of Xbox Live are under 18 (student, college etc.)
- With the release of the new keyboard controller, they will take HUGE losses due to the fact they don't have a big audience (most will rig up a USB keyboard).
- Most households have MSN, and usually also have children on them making it almost pointless.
- Communication lines may decrease between the younger and older ages.

I guess thats all I can come up with, seeing the situation now anyway. They'll probably release a patch in the coming months (before the keyboard is released, no doubt), making it available to ALL users. :)

How is that pure fact. Its your opinion.

You
09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
How is that pure fact. Its your opinion.
but the sources he's making his opinion on is pure fact.

I've been on the phone to xbox support for 20 minutes to see if they can make my account an adult account >< Lucky its 0800

Pyroka
09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Josh, what I'm saying is tons of people are complaining as mentioned in this thread, many people are outraged by the option of having to be over 18 and well, would Microsoft really want to 1. Disappoint the people who keep Xbox Live alive, and 2. Would they REALLY want to lose some profit on the keyboard controller? I think not. Bets are, within a month or so Microsoft will lift the limit since there's no point to it.

Neil
09-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I like the update, but I'm really ****** off at the restrictions MS has put on the MSN compatibility. CHILD ACCOUNT? At SIXTEEN? Are you joking? I have a job, will be learning to drive next month, am able to play 18 rated games, pay via credit card for MS points, and can chat to complete strangers over Live, but I can't speak to my FRIENDS over MSN... a service I've been using for YEARS. It's pathetic.

Yea that's stupid, they say 18+ and you're an adult yet you learn to drive at 17, you are able to work at 16 but because 18 you are "more responsible" you are classed as an adult, if you're not 18 you're not responsible which makes no sense as driving age is 17, you can legally have sex at 16, both involve ALOT of responsiblity but you're still not classed as an adult

Agent 47
09-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Being honest, MSN on the 360 really is pointless unless you don't have a PC. And for me it seems real slow aswell. ;\

Energizer
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
My computer is literally next to my 360, so it's pointless for me rly.

summer
09-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I lied about my age on XBOX Live when I signed up around Christmas (said I was 18) as I had a feeling it'd stop be doing something at some point. I was right :)

I haven't got it yet though, as my DNS keeps failing when I test the connection. So annoying.

Jericho
10-05-2007, 04:43 PM
On my old account i was 13. ( I am.)

I made new account.

Shame bout the (GS) Thoo

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!