PDA

View Full Version : Madeleine McCann Missing

efq
09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Madeleine McCann went missing 6 Days ago.

She was on holiday In a apartment In Algarve, Portugal.
Her parents left her and the other 2 young children alone In the apartment while they went across the road to a restruant.
They kept checking to make sure they were ok.

After a while the Dad came back and found out Madeleine McCann wasn't there.

They soon raised the alarm that someone has entered the apartment and took Madeleine McCann. She is only 3 and Missing.

Loads of people have been helping, If you know anything do get In contact.

Cristiano Ronaldo even did a statement to try help find Madeleine McCann.

exploit
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
the bar wasn't over the road.. it was in the actual resort. and her mum was the one to find that maddy was gone.

edible
09-05-2007, 04:03 PM
the bar wasn't over the road.. it was in the actual resort. and her mum was the one to find that maddy was gone.
thats right.

i really hope they find her alive and soon!
but tbh, it's the parent's fault for leaving them alone, anything could of happened (and it did) even if they were one minute away..
Even I wouldnt do that.

Madeiline is my best mate's dad's God-daughter.
She is such a beautiful little girl aswell.

Browney
09-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I've got to say, the little girl was in the flat with twins and anything could've happened inbetween the parent's 30 minute visits. With something as precious as a child, I would never let my child leave my sight. The girl could've choked on something or they could've slipped and broken their head open. But, you know, ifs and buts.

OMGitsaROSS
09-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Slightly old. But still,
Mother found her
Bar was in resort

and she is so cute why would you want to steal her :(

Dan2nd
09-05-2007, 07:08 PM
It only takes a second for a 3 year old to fall out of a window so I think the parents are justs stupid for leaving their child alone for a second let alone for 30 mins . I hope they find the little girl and she gets found safely but I have no sympathy for the parents at all.

Soka
09-05-2007, 07:39 PM
i think the parents are not completely too blame, but they should have thought about hiring a childminder or anything, rather than take the risk that they did.

in my opinion the person that took her, must have being nearby for a while and watching the villa and planned the attack.
lots of people are criticising the portugese police, but i disagree with this because they are doing they're best to help and they're getting blamed for not finding here in 5 days in a massive country, where she could be anywhere now.

i sincerely hope that the poor girl does get found alive

Jordie
09-05-2007, 07:48 PM
i think the parents are not completely too blame, but they should have thought about hiring a childminder or anything, rather than take the risk that they did.

in my opinion the person that took her, must have being nearby for a while and watching the villa and planned the attack.
lots of people are criticising the portugese police, but i disagree with this because they are doing they're best to help and they're getting blamed for not finding here in 5 days in a massive country, where she could be anywhere now.

i sincerely hope that the poor girl does get found alive

it wasnt an attack its called kidnapping:rolleyes:

and your sig is silly as your in administration:rolleyes:

OMGitsaROSS
09-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Tbh their police are at fault, they are not releasing an artists impression "/

efq
09-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Police are sticking by there laws.

If I was them, If they carryed on harassing for more info, going against portuguese laws. I would not help until they stop.

And I am peed of with people blaiming portuguese police. They are doing all they can. They already made Cheif Police walk out of a conference mad.

OMGitsaROSS
09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
**** the laws.

"/

STOP DEFENDING YOUR COUNTRY FOR ONCE.

The police are at fault for following laws created by Portugese Government therefore the Government are not helping therefore it is Portugals fault.

GommeInc
09-05-2007, 09:40 PM
There was a debate about this on a forum I sometimes go on, and they all agreed that the parents of Maddie are to blame. Why leave your children in a flat unguarded?! Why go and eat without them? Bad parenting is what they have.

:Hazel
09-05-2007, 09:44 PM
There was a debate about this on a forum I sometimes go on, and they all agreed that the parents of Maddie are to blame. Why leave your children in a flat unguarded?! Why go and eat without them? Bad parenting is what they have.

I must agree, they should not have even considered leaving their kids alone in a room- especially in a foreign country.

Kardan
09-05-2007, 09:45 PM
People around me are highly affected - I'm a few minutes away from Rothley, Leicestershire.

GommeInc
09-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I must agree, they should not have even considered leaving their kids alone in a room- especially in a foreign country.
Although you have to feel some sort of sympathy, especially as there is news that she may of been grabbed by someone who would take her away and give her to some padeophile (forgot the technical term for it). They do look like a loving family, it is just the carelessness of the parents which is the problem. I suppose they're kinda new to the parenting scene.

Browney
10-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Although you have to feel some sort of sympathy, especially as there is news that she may of been grabbed by someone who would take her away and give her to some padeophile (forgot the technical term for it). They do look like a loving family, it is just the carelessness of the parents which is the problem. I suppose they're kinda new to the parenting scene.

I totally agree. No matter how bad their parenting is, I wouldn't wish what happened on anyone. It's horrible when you think about it.

Oh and Soka, a man was hanging around their flat two days before the abduction. He was fiddling with the shutters on the window and it's believed that when they realised Maddy was gone, a window had been opened.

Soka
10-05-2007, 04:15 PM
it wasnt an attack its called kidnapping:rolleyes:

and your sig is silly as your in administration:rolleyes:

regarding me calling it an attack
yes in a way it was an attack, it has being stated that it could be a sexually orientated attack, and then god knows what happened

regarding leeds, i can guarantee we will rise above luton soon
even if we are in administration

Brody
10-05-2007, 04:31 PM

I agree although i do feel sympathy for them but also the mum when she did a interview to help find maddy it just seemed so fake

efq
10-05-2007, 07:34 PM
And what do you mean by that.

Portugal dont ever get kidnaps like this. Ive never heard of one all my life, that there has been kidnap in portugal

I still hope shes found alive.

edible
10-05-2007, 09:32 PM
I sung at a mass for her organised by my teacher who's brother is her godfather.

She's an Evertonian aswell!!!

i hope they find her.

GommeInc
10-05-2007, 09:45 PM
I wonder if that sighting on CCTV cameras is true, about the woman with a girl that was described as Maddie. The detail they noticed that the woman was trying to get her to say thanks to someone, and the girl was refusing sounds interesting.

BL!NKEY
10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
It only takes a second for a 3 year old to fall out of a window so I think the parents are justs stupid for leaving their child alone for a second

So when you are a parent you will never leave your child alone for more than a second?

efq
10-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Parents shouldnt.

I guess Your house is more safer. You can lock doors. As long as its just poping to shop.

Leaving the doors open, but with blinds down is pathetic.

Sammeth.
10-05-2007, 09:58 PM
And what do you mean by that.

Portugal dont ever get kidnaps like this. Ive never heard of one all my life, that there has been kidnap in portugal

I still hope shes found alive.

When she said "Especially in a foreing country" she didnt mean because the crime rate was higher :rolleyes: She means that Maddie would be unfamiliar to her surroundings, aswell as the parents. They are out of place, and its not what they're used to. So to leave a child in a country which she has no idea about at a young age is really dangerous.

efq
10-05-2007, 10:12 PM
When she said "Especially in a foreing country" she didnt mean because the crime rate was higher :rolleyes: She means that Maddie would be unfamiliar to her surroundings, aswell as the parents. They are out of place, and its not what they're used to. So to leave a child in a country which she has no idea about at a young age is really dangerous.

Ok, The bit after I said what you mean by that was totally differnt.

But Ye, your right

Frodo13.
11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok, The bit after I said what you mean by that was totally differnt.

But Ye, your right

You seriously need to stop defending your country. UK have a go at the goverment all the time, its part of democracy. The Portugesse police have messed up and are a hindrence to the investigation in my opinion. Not releasing a artists impression? Not releasing the cloths Maddie was wearing? What absolute garbage!

efq
11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
You seriously need to stop defending your country. UK have a go at the goverment all the time, its part of democracy. The Portugesse police have messed up and are a hindrence to the investigation in my opinion. Not releasing a artists impression? Not releasing the cloths Maddie was wearing? What absolute garbage!
Lol, now I officially hate you. And Now hope the police stop search because you think there doing crap. So If there doing crap, theres no point them search ye

Go get kidnapped and knowone will know :)

Frodo13.
11-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Lol, now I officially hate you. And Now hope the police stop search because you think there doing crap. So If there doing crap, theres no point them search ye

Go get kidnapped and knowone will know :)

The Portugese Police obviously dont have the knowledge or tools to deal with these sort of cases. And when people on TV have been describing Portugal as a playground for pedophiles, I would say that it a worrying thing. Also, the police have stopped havnt they?

I think if anyone does find the girl [And I sincerally hope someone does], its more then likley going to be British tourists or people who have emmegrated to Portugal, because the police are doing an awful job! Calling off the search after only a week? Absolutly rubbish.

efq
11-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Playground.

Lol UK is more a pedophile playground.

Portugal has way less crime than any uk country.

Sammeth.
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Playground.

Lol UK is more a pedophile playground.

Portugal has way less crime than any uk country.
If the UK police had handled a case like this like the Portugese police have, then every citizen in UK would be dissapointed and ashamed. It is okay to disagree with what your country does. Its good to be patriotic, but you are just defending your country for the sake of defending it. The police have acted shamefully.

Brody
11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
the portuguese police have handled this case crap not realising some key information for the public to know which may be able to help

Frodo13.
11-05-2007, 07:56 PM
If the UK police had handled a case like this like the Portugese police have, then every citizen in UK would be dissapointed and ashamed. It is okay to disagree with what your country does. Its good to be patriotic, but you are just defending your country for the sake of defending it. The police have acted shamefully.

100% truth. Dont know if anyone else saw this, but on GMTV they interviewed a French women who tried to set up a Child Protection Agency in Portugal. Eventually, she closed the Portugese agency due to lack of help by the Portugese Police.

Tornado_Chaser, you say UK is a playground for pedophiles?

1) UK has a bigger population then Portugal, therefore is bound to have more pedophiles. USA probably has 100 times more Pedophiles then UK, because it is alot bigger then it.

2) UK actually has a list of all sex offenders, therefore has controll over all suspected and charged pedophiles in the country. Atleast Britain is actually trying to stop pedophilia

3) Britain is one of the richest countries in the world. Portugal isnt poor, but its definatly not rich either. Britian has more resourses to spread the news about kidnapps and pedophiles, thats why you know more about these sort of cases in the UK.

paradox
11-05-2007, 08:06 PM
aww poor girl

efq
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, If I was in head of this case and people fought this.
Id close the search and make the english polica come over then.

If there not good anoth then will bring your polica

Frodo13.
11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, If I was in head of this case and people fought this.
Id close the search and make the english polica come over then.

If there not good anoth then will bring your polica

Well as the crime is in PORTUGAL then the PORTUGESE police have to deal with it [if you can call it dealing]

efq
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
ye but if u think polica no good then whats point them doing this case

Frodo13.
11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Well their not are they! Thats why people are annoyed with them because they are as useful as a chocolate firegaurd!!

Sammeth.
11-05-2007, 10:03 PM
ye but if u think polica no good then whats point them doing this case

I think its that type of attitude that is making people think they dont care. The "If we cant do it, lets stop trying" attitude.

Papershop
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
They are both doctors yet they cant pay a babysitter to watch thier kids.

Frodo13.
13-05-2007, 10:52 AM
They are both doctors yet they cant pay a babysitter to watch thier kids.

Im sorry, but when your on holiday, you dont exactly look through the Yellow Pages do you. Some people dont think, and unfortunatly, neither did these parents. Tbh, I think people should stop being so hard on the parents. Obviously they feel bad enough and arnt they going through a hard enough time already?

Lilian
16-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Poor Girl. It wants to make me cry. Its really horrible what has happened. I hope they find her sooner rather than later. I really feel sorry for her family. I would hate to feel what they are going through at the moment. Wants to make me cry. I hope the person who took her dies for what they have done.

3d
16-05-2007, 07:21 PM
I hope the person who took her dies for what they have done.
lol at you

Edited by Ry (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

efq
16-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Norfolk suspect, not anoth evidence for arrest tho.

Emze
16-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I have a poster of her on my window and her gran lives under my house [: . I feel really bad for that poor girl.

3d
16-05-2007, 08:22 PM
under your house wth?

today
16-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Two flats im guessing.

I fear shes dead.

:J05H
16-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Madaline McCann's mother, is my school friends' godmother. Its such an awful incident, all-though quite alot of blame goes to the parents

ColyTom
17-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I really don't understand the obsession.
Children go missing everyday.

brandon
17-05-2007, 07:06 PM
amen to that.
only reason the obsession is there is because of the age and the fact it's abroad.

Imatate.
17-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Can i just add?

If there were two other children in the apartment, If they were older than four wouldn't they have known where she had gone?

Papershop
17-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Can i just add?

If there were two other children in the apartment, If they were older than four wouldn't they have known where she had gone?

they were twins of age 2

i doubt it sumhow

-Soph-
17-05-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't like the way everyone is saying "BLAME THE PARENTS!1!!"

yeah, thats the world today, throw everyone in jail and sue them isn't it.

Yeah, logically, it wasn't the right thing to do, but they did check on her every 15 minutes, there was security in the complex etc.

THIS WAS PLANNED, it could of happened ANY time when the parents weren't there (sleeping,bathroom etc)

I have a lot of sympathy for the parents, at people who are saying they should be punished, haven't they been punished enough? I'm sure they'd give their lives to have her back.

Imagine
17-05-2007, 11:44 PM

Yeah, logically, it wasn't the right thing to do, but they did check on her every 15 minutes, there was security in the complex etc.

THIS WAS PLANNED, it could of happened ANY time when the parents weren't there (sleeping,bathroom etc)

I have a lot of sympathy for the parents, at people who are saying they should be punished, haven't they been punished enough? I'm sure they'd give their lives to have her back.
yeah, because its perfectly fine to leave young children alone in a foreign country, sure i feel sorry for the parents, but maybee if they hadnt left her, she would still be with them today.

Browney
18-05-2007, 06:15 AM

Although it doesn't take a mastermind to watch the apartment for an hour and twig onto the fact they're coming back every half hour/20 mins or whatever. That means that when the parents leave he's got 30 minutes to get in and get out.

:LeKevin:
18-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Completely agree, don't get me wrong though I hope the poor girl is found and alive - But unfortunately I think that she maybe dead :S

efq
20-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Did the complex have security?

Because My house in portugal, I leave doors open all night.. although
sometimes im on my own. I have the security fences and cctv.

I understand leaving door open because at night its really hot 25+ degrees.

But I woulda fought complex would have a least some cctv :l

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!